What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 152

• RedPanda87 8 Jun 2020 07:57:20 2,023 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah Uncharted: The Lost Legacy is the best imo, closely followed by 4, then 2. 1 and 3 are both average at best I think.

Edited by RedPanda87 at 07:57:44 08-06-2020
  • Armoured_Bear 8 Jun 2020 10:46:13 28,823 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm 100 hours (if in game clock is right)into Persona 5 Royal and loving it. Gf's Animal Crossing addiction is not letting up so I'll have to get a 2nd Switch soon as I started Luigi's Mansion 3 and Fire Emblem and have Astral Chain to start.
  • nickthegun 8 Jun 2020 10:57:07 81,772 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Dunno why, but I started Transformers: Devastation again yesterday. Its still great.

Ive also finally plucked Resident Evil 7 from its position as 'The Oldest Game On The Pile' and Im really enjoying it. Not hugely keen on the boss fights (or the fights in general) but you cant fault the atmosphere.
  • PierrePressure 8 Jun 2020 11:00:15 1,077 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Missed it the first time around but crisis core on the PSP.

Enjoying it so far and noticed the recent FF7 remake takes quite a few bits from the game.
  • PES_head 8 Jun 2020 13:49:18 3 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 weeks ago
    PES 2020 Online Divisions. Best football game ever made imo. Dynamic, measured and cerebral gameplay. Enjoyable even in spite of the persistent lag.

F1 2018 Wonderful track racer. Feathering the car around the course, pushing it to its limits, is very satisfying. Great sense of speed.

The Turing Test Smart sci-fi puzzler. The various puzzle mechanics gradually unfold and the puzzles are rarely too difficult or too easy.

All on Xbox One X.
  • MrFlay 8 Jun 2020 14:10:37 4,479 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Divinity Original Sin - Excellent old-school RPG and still looks pretty good on Xbox One. The voices are top quality.

XCOM 2 - Currently nearing the end of a vanilla campaign and getting a bit tired of it. I finished all the research and building and now I'm just finishing the main story but I hate the constant interruptions with missions that are a bit too easy. I think I spent too long not progressing the story because the whole middle part of the game has been trivial on Veteran difficulty.
  • andytheadequate 8 Jun 2020 14:20:11 9,151 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Assassins Creed Origins
    Over 20 hours in now, still really enjoying it but some of the side quests feel a bit unnecessary.

Human Fall flat
    Funny physics and some interesting puzzles, but not always a great combination for the more difficult levels as it can get frustrating.

Dirt Rally
    Amazing game, I started playing this years ago but only played it a couple of hours. Already considering whether to get the sequel at some point.
  • DUFFMAN5 9 Jun 2020 08:24:28 25,868 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    RedPanda87 wrote:
    Yeah Uncharted: The Lost Legacy is the best imo, closely followed by 4, then 2. 1 and 3 are both average at best I think.
    I'm currently playing UC3 (from the collection on PS4) just past the Shipyard I hated that bit the first time on Ps3) and I rate it well above, 1. I think that has aged badly, even 2 was a slog and that was my favourite originally.
    I really think people give the games to much of a pass over the tiresome drawn out shooting sections of which there are far too many and can be frustrating even playing on normal.

TR reboots get slagged for this but not Uncharted.
    That is not to say they are bad. I think the writing and chemistry between the leads is excellent and
    the campaigns definitely have a lot of fun.

I agree the latest 2 games are the best of the bunch.

As for playing now:
    PS4:
    Uncharted 3
    Star Wars battlefront II campaign, not touched mp yet.

Xbox.
    Golf with friends... sans friends ;)
    Gears 3,4,5 KOTH, Beast, Horde.
  • Mr_Sleep 9 Jun 2020 08:55:47 23,340 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @andytheadequate do it, Dirt Rally 2.0 is basically more of the same but better.
  • monsieur-Cosmo 9 Jun 2020 09:07:49 592 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mafia III "Definitive" Edition (PC), took me a while to warm up to it. Already forgot how bloody violent this game is.
    And I have yet to see any substantial improvements against the "normal" version. Fun fact: I tried setting the graphics options to "optimal", it resulted in stars in the night sky being displayed as little white squares (WTF?).
  • neil74 9 Jun 2020 09:12:11 2,338 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    RedPanda87 wrote:

I really think people give the games to much of a pass over the tiresome drawn out shooting sections of which there are far too many and can be frustrating even playing on normal.

TR reboots get slagged for this but not Uncharted.
    That is not to say they are bad. I think the writing and chemistry between the leads is excellent and
    the campaigns definitely have a lot of fun.
    I'd totally agree I find a lot of the combat to be annoying padding across both uncharted and the TR reboots. The never ending supply of bad guys also gets old very quickly. I mean where are they all coming from??????
  • Malek86 9 Jun 2020 09:18:00 10,093 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I agree that the combat is bad in both games, but Uncharted at least has an okay story with a good script.

Meanwhile, every time there's a cutscene in the TR reboot I just want to skip it, and Lara's monologues are absolutely grating.

Edited by Malek86 at 09:18:11 09-06-2020
  • Armoured_Bear 9 Jun 2020 10:12:37 28,823 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    I agree that the combat is bad in both games, but Uncharted at least has an okay story with a good script.

Meanwhile, every time there's a cutscene in the TR reboot I just want to skip it, and Lara's monologues are absolutely grating.
    Yep, Uncharted has decent script and world class voice acting, TR is utterly deplorable on both counts. A shameless, soulless rip-off.
  • Graxlar_v3 9 Jun 2020 11:13:56 10,041 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    20 hours into xenoblade
    55 hours into trials of cold steel
    Jurassic park evolution is on hold for now but I really want to get back to it.
  • Syrette 9 Jun 2020 11:42:42 50,598 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear

Yet aren't the original Tomb Raider games surely the ultimate inspiration for the Uncharted series?
  • wuntyate 9 Jun 2020 11:48:42 14,664 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Why the dick did I abandon The Last of Us all those years ago. It's fucking brilliant. I'm meant to have started Days Gone but this is just too good. Think I'm nearly back at the point where I gave up.
  • Tuffty 9 Jun 2020 12:05:31 4,512 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    51 Classic Game Collection for the Switch. Havent tried them all, but from what I've played it's a nice polished collection of some classic games. Though I worry that playing against AI on the hardest difficulties is prone to cheating. Nobody gets that consistently lucky at Ludo. Also, Impossible difficulty on Speed is like having to outsmart a computer in real time. It really is impossible.
  • Malek86 9 Jun 2020 12:07:04 10,093 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Prince of Persia 3D is kinda really crappy, but I'm enjoying it. These late 90's platformers were good even when they were bad.
  • neil74 9 Jun 2020 12:53:23 2,338 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear

Yet aren't the original Tomb Raider games surely the ultimate inspiration for the Uncharted series?
    Probably but the TR reboots are nothing like the originals. I liked the originals less and less as they moved away from the original formula.

I get it, filling games with exploring and story is likely a lot more development hours vs. throwing a few respawning enemies into the mix on a regular basis.

I agree on uncharted, I wanted to get through the gun fights to carry on with the story. The original TR reboot had potential and set a scene where they could have gone on in a number of directions, personally I did not like their choices evcen if I did complete all 3!
  • Samildanach 9 Jun 2020 23:51:35 311 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh Assassin's Creed Unity. So big and beautiful yet really rather dull. I can't seem to stop myself from doing al lot of the side missions and while the odd one or two seem to be bigger budget, many of them are the usual Ubisoft filler. It doesn't help that the whole game is in a city so it seems that I spend most of the time running through crowded streets. Sadly I am part of the PWYGGWYP challenge so I will try to see this to the end. Must...focus...on... main...quest!!
  • Red_Bool 10 Jun 2020 06:57:42 1,972 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Samildanach I found Unity quite enjoyable, as long as you stay away from the side quests (the murder mysteries are a nice diversion though). Yes, you'll be running around the city all the time, but it's so beautifully done and you can mix it up by just parcouring over the rooftops. The DLC that was included for free is quite nice too.
  • Samildanach 10 Jun 2020 11:31:33 311 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Red_Bool
    OK thanks.
    I was a bit peeved when I accidentally started the dlc and had to do the long and difficult first mission of it completely underequiped before I could rejoin the main game. What a stupid design decision putting the fast travel icon for the dlc location RIGHT NEXT to the home base fast travel location with no warning that you are about to start the bit that follows on from the sodding end of the game. Gah!
  • fallen50 11 Jun 2020 09:47:18 1 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 weeks ago
    I love playing different games on my smartphone as that's really comfy and I can do that whenever I want. Usually it's Fortnite and I'm fan of that. Sometimes I can try other things even some online card games like Blackjack. That's also can be fun 😀
  • Samildanach 11 Jun 2020 18:50:21 311 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Stuck with the main missions of Assassin Creed Unity last night and had a lot more fun. My enjoyment in it has been revitalised! Following up the murder mystery led me to a cinematic boss fight with a traitor on the outside of a cathedral with lightning and pelting rain for extra cheesey epicness. This was quickly followed by a brief jump forward in time which was equally awesome. Bravo ACUnity, my faith in it is restored.
  • Malek86 11 Jun 2020 19:16:31 10,093 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Unity actually has a pretty decent campaign and a great setting. It just sucks that the side quests are all the same, and the map is way too full of collectibles. Still, I liked the game more than most. Put in a good 30+ hours into it. I also liked just exploring the map to see the rendition of old Paris.

Dead Kings was nice too, although the missions got kinda hard at points.
  • Red_Bool 12 Jun 2020 07:24:41 1,972 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Dead Kings was fun (I like how the AC series manages to include historic characters in the stories). The only gripes I had were 1) it triggered while I was still in the middle of the main quest (Dead Kings takes place after the main story - spoilers!) and 2) some parts were indeed a bit overly hard (but running through those parts also worked...)
  • Mola_Ram 12 Jun 2020 15:27:32 23,707 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I am playing...

Fire Emblem Three Houses - at the end of the GL Maddening run, it hasn't been too bad for a while, it was just the beginning that was really rough.

XCOM2: War of the Chosen - Commander difficulty on Bronzeman. It hasn't been bad at all in terms of crashing though, so I might give Ironman a go next time.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker - people said it was a better Baldur's Gate than Pillars of Eternity was. I'm not yet convinced, but it's still early days.

Murder By Numbers - on the last case now, it's been a joy to play, really. I'd like for them to make the VN portion of the game a little meatier for next time, though. It's good, but capable of being better than good.

And Animal Crossing, though not as obsessively as I used to. My town still sucks, but I'm happy enough to have it as a work in (very slow) progress.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 12 Jun 2020 17:32:45 8,695 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Mola_Ram Pathfinder is a potentially great game, let down by the spectacularly stupid and misguided decision to impose a time-limit.
  • LoneWolf80 12 Jun 2020 20:35:59 134 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    I am playing -

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

The Walking Dead - Switch.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.