Registered 11 years ago
    Currently playing:

Borderlands 3
    Skyrim
  • Mola_Ram 12 Jun 2020 23:37:24 23,707 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    @Mola_Ram Pathfinder is a potentially great game, let down by the spectacularly stupid and misguided decision to impose a time-limit.
    Hmmm. Time limits for everything? Or just a Fallout 1-style limit on completing the main quest?
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 12 Jun 2020 23:41:35 8,695 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Mola_Ram Per chapter time limits. Not actually that harsh, but enough to add a completely unnecessary level of pointless stress onto everything and to make you feel guilty for exploring.
  • Mola_Ram 12 Jun 2020 23:53:07 23,707 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'll see how it goes. If I really hate that aspect, I'm sure there will be some sort of mod to turn it off.
  • Graxlar_v3 13 Jun 2020 10:14:16 10,041 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Borderlands (switch)
    Trials of cold steel 2 (finished 1 yesterday, so straight away started 2)
    Occasional fights on my hero one justice 2

On hold for now
    Xenoblade Chronicles- I wanted something a little lighter so started borderlands
  • Darth_Flibble 13 Jun 2020 18:13:52 4,241 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Dishonoured 2 (ps now)

Start off as no kill - good playthrough but its so slow and boring, now so its a rip and tear bad ending playthrough! In the 1st game its a good reason for lots of kill = bad ending but does not much make sense in this
  • Darth_Flibble 14 Jun 2020 16:46:44 4,241 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Final Fantasy X (ps4)

Never played it on ps2 or ps3 but the ps4 version seems to be the port of the ps3 remaster. Shame it does not have the quality of life cheats the ps1 remasters have of other FF games

Just got a bigger party and the game story has just been nonsense and could of been quicker to get there. hopefully it improves
  • EMarkM 14 Jun 2020 18:47:15 4,945 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Oolite and various Spectrum games. Also The Golf Club and Spelunky on PS4.
  • MadCaddy13 14 Jun 2020 20:15:46 3,116 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Currently playing Xcom 2 with the Long War mod. Wow it completely changes the game! Way more options, ai has a wider range of moves, different scenery etc. This is how Xcom 2 should of been
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 15 Jun 2020 13:00:37 32,463 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I've been trying to play stuff I soft abandoned - stuff I liked just fine but drifted away from. I've returned to Horizon Zero Dawn after seeing the pretty trailer for the new one, as originally it didn't grab me for some reason. I couldn't be bothered replaying the first few hours so watched the cut-scenes on YouTube :p

Started playing it properly at the weekend and I'm starting to really enjoy it this time around. I am getting to the point it's throwing a lot of icon bloat onto the map, but I'm quite enjoying getting from place to place because the game world is stunning and worth exploring, and I'm getting into the flow of the gameplay a lot more.

I've also started playing Steep. It's enjoyable enough to mess around in, and feels like it's built to be that sort of side-game to something a bit more involved. Just open, chilled out exploration.
  • andytheadequate 15 Jun 2020 13:12:17 9,151 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @DFawkes I've been doing similar with my half abandoned games, it feels oddly satisfying to go back to a game last played 5 years ago.

I really wanted to play Steep, but my laptop just can't handle it. I'm hoping Ubisoft will bring it to Geforce now at some point, I think they're said they're fully supporting it so hopefully it's just a matter of time.
  • Awimbawe 17 Jun 2020 09:52:35 643 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hades, a rogue-like set in the mythical Greek underworld. It's still in early access which I guess would put some off but there's a ton of content already and lots to grind towards.

Supergiant always puts a lot of care into the presentation and this is no exception, lovely graphics and there's an absolute ton of story / dialogue ( lots of which I'm guilty of skipping as there's so much ). There's six weapons, all of which upgrade to a four different forms and they all play very differently and the combat is a lot of fun ( which is good as it's the whole game basically ).

Can't recommend this enough, it is still in early access with a large update planned for sometime this month, from what I've read though, there will be no character wipes. I've already put about 80 hours into this and still love doing runs to see what kind of builds I can cobble together with the various boons different gods offer you.

In short, it's great and probably my favourite game this year ( though that may change in a couple of days ).
  • Humperfunk 17 Jun 2020 09:56:21 8,155 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Currently 10 hours into Far Cry Primal which is, to be fair, fucking great! I love me some Far Cry but I definitely prefer the method of these for gaining skill points through XP rather that 5 and New Dawn's system of completing challenges. Seems to be around 75 or so on Metacritic so wasn't expecting a huge amount but this is actually superb.

Will of course be parked on Friday for The Last of Us Part II, but will enjoy returning to it.

I've tried and tried recently to get into Borderlands 3 but finding it impossible. Think it's the attempts at humour that bother me, just such a try hard game.
  • DUFFMAN5 17 Jun 2020 10:06:26 25,868 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Humperfunk
    Told you it was great 👍
    As for BL3 I have on ps4 and can't get into it either, although I'm fine with the humour. I love all the others.

I'm just killing game time with Star wars bf2 (actually really enjoying the mp, I'm rubbish of course!) before TLoU2 this Fri and SBSP next Fri :)
  • Rum_Monkey 17 Jun 2020 10:14:11 829 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Oooh didn't know desparados 3 was out already.
  • DUFFMAN5 17 Jun 2020 10:24:23 25,868 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Rum_Monkey
    ACG has a review up 👍
  • Humperfunk 17 Jun 2020 11:25:11 8,155 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 You did indeed, thanks for the nudge to play it!
  • Mola_Ram 19 Jun 2020 13:58:41 23,707 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    I'll see how it goes. If I really hate that aspect, I'm sure there will be some sort of mod to turn it off.
    So, I just finished the first chapter, and I had almost two months left on the clock. And this was after exploring basically all of the map that I could get to, going to all the areas I could find, doing all the quests, etc.

So maybe the time limits get more arduous later on, but right now it's not exactly a source of stress for me. In fact it's so generous that I wonder why they even bothered having time limits if you can just do everything anyway.
  • Nitrous 19 Jun 2020 22:04:36 2,023 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    PC: Spintires original and SnowRunner which I've finally got running at a playable level. Sits somewhere between 35-45 fps with occasional dips to just under 30fps when mud ruts and water take over a part of the map.

Ps4: Motogp 20. Milestone keep on improving the series with each release and they've patched this one a few times since release. It does have a frame rate issue in the early parts of the race which if I'm getting a PS5 should eliminate this and maybe even run at 60fps like I believe it does on the xbox one x.
  • MrFlay 19 Jun 2020 23:29:26 4,479 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Playing Metro Exodus and Life is Strange 2 before they leave Game Pass.

I'm finding Metro Exodus a bit of a slog. It looks lovely but I'm not a huge fan of the shooting. Ammo is scarce and mutants seem to respawn constantly and don't drop any resources. I bounced off it when it initially came to Game Pass and I don't think I'll finish it.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 20 Jun 2020 01:15:25 13,547 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Coming out of a bit of a post-Resi 3 / lockdown gaming slump.

Abzu - picking up an old save that was only a chapter or so in. The visuals are still stunning but this time around itís the music thatís really sucking me in. Gorgeous game.

Toe-Jam & Earl Back in the Groove - bigger bolder visuals and fully realised audio but essentially just the same game it was first time around. No complaints about that at all.

Fire Pro Wrestling World - retro looking, surprisingly complex mechanically and bastard herd. Although, if Iím honest the revelations of the last couple of days have put me right off engaging with wrestling now.

The Last of Us Remastered - upgrading my console from 360 to PS4 relatively late in the cycle this has been a glaring hole in my library. I have played Left Behind already though. The above are all fairly ambient experiences in their own way so this one is my switched and tuned in active title.
  • DUFFMAN5 20 Jun 2020 06:13:17 25,868 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    TLoU2...like 45/130 on my chums list ;)
    Was actually playing at 3am this morning as I couldn't get back to sleep!

@MrAGSystems.
    Any specific reason you have not played Blood Dragon ? It is also an excellent game. Even more so if you are a child of the 80's 👍👌

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 06:17:06 20-06-2020
  • AddyB- 20 Jun 2020 07:28:17 710 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Super Mario Galaxy
    F-Zero GX

Both via the wonders of dolphin
  • EMarkM 20 Jun 2020 16:06:09 4,945 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just loaded up my original save of No Manís Sky (about 47 hours, apparently).

Having realised that I have completely forgotten how to play it, Iíve started a new game and am having a lovely time!

I remember doing the...not sure how to describe it...soul rescue story? and then getting a bit ďseen it all, done it allĒ about it, but this first part of the game is fun again now :)
  • JoeBlade 20 Jun 2020 16:14:40 4,954 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @EMarkM I've been playing it on and off for months and with the last two big updates things have definitely improved the game a great deal.

There's a lot more to do but it still gets samey after a while because all of the available options - which, again, there are many of now - are still a bit shallow.
    And like most players I'm still no big fan of the UI.

I got it half price and in its improved state I think it's worth that much though.
  • EMarkM 20 Jun 2020 19:10:26 4,945 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @JoeBlade Thanks for your thoughts.

Iíll no doubt play it for a week or two and then move on once more.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.