What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 154

• beastmaster 21 Jun 2020 11:06:22 20,704 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Deciding what to play next. Many AAA quality games across the various platforms. Iíve not given the Switch any love so will probably do Bayonetta 3 and then one of the Mario games.

With the PS5 not too far away, I think I may do Horizon at some point.
  • Malek86 21 Jun 2020 11:09:34 10,093 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Prince of Persia 2008 is very different from what I expected. Only killed the first boss (though I'm moving quite slowly through the story, I just obtained my third power), and it's already getting very repetitive. I heard the game ends abruptly too. Should I keep going or cut my losses here?

Edited by Malek86 at 11:10:01 21-06-2020
  • Rum_Monkey 22 Jun 2020 14:14:17 829 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Last of us 2 at night with headphones on to get in the zone. Got a couple of hours with it last night and it's good to be in that world again.

Zelda BoTW. Only just started but pushed a bolder down a hill and it killed 2 enemies. Love it already.
  • MrFlay 22 Jun 2020 15:09:13 4,479 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    Prince of Persia 2008 is very different from what I expected. Only killed the first boss (though I'm moving quite slowly through the story, I just obtained my third power), and it's already getting very repetitive. I heard the game ends abruptly too. Should I keep going or cut my losses here?
    Cut your losses. It doesn't really change. It's extremely on rails.
  • MrFlay 22 Jun 2020 15:11:01 4,479 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Played a bit of Mass Effect Andromeda after a while. I actually quite like it. It's a vast game and the combat is the best in the series. It's very much Dragon Age Inquisition in space so if you didn't do every single side quest in the Hinterlands, you probably won't enjoy this.
  • RedPanda87 22 Jun 2020 16:04:16 2,023 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    I can't remember the ending in detail, but I remember liking it. Also there's a continuation of the story in DLC, so not sure if they mean the main game or the DLC ends abruptly, but one way or another I think you can get a pretty satisfying arc from what I recall.

Gameplay-wise though as has been said it doesn't change much, so if you're not enjoying that side it might be worth ditching.
  • KnuttinAtoll 23 Jun 2020 10:25:42 8,140 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Soooo.... since the acquisition of my first proper gaming RIG in over a decade I'm now reinstalling games that my semi-gaming laptop struggled with.

Being able to run AAA games without having to tinker with the settings and just slap them to Ultra quality, at 60fps and with supersampling up to 2x is quite an experience for me now.

I re-installed Forza Motorsport 7 for example, and the stutter and chug-fest (particularly in the menus) and various glitches I encountered seem to have (largely) disappeared, it looks stunning and strangely enough plays smoother even though I was able to lock the frame rate to 60fps previously (though had to use the dynamic rendering option).

Same goes for various other (years old) games. They look like next gen to me now.

Just bought RDR 2, which was off-limits until now.

Am proper excited about gaming again!

Edited by KnuttinAtoll at 10:26:25 23-06-2020
  • Rodney 23 Jun 2020 11:45:57 4,397 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Modern warfare 2 remastered, it's alright alright and the level design is pretty good.

Assassin's Creed Origins. It's alright too. A bit big perhaps..
  • Malek86 23 Jun 2020 12:25:30 10,093 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah, I'm definitely considering dropping POP already. It's just that I think it might not be far until the end.

But that might be just the placebo effect. Looking at the map, I've only completed half the levels. It doesn't help that the game wants me to get a certain amount of light seeds, meaning I can't just speed run through the remaining levels and kill the bosses.

Dunno, I'll give it another few levels. It occasionally wows me. But most of the time, it's just boring.
  • yohifula 25 Jun 2020 03:35:42 1 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 2 weeks ago
    15 years later I returned to the CS :)
    Now itís not 1.6 but CS GO ... how did everything change... or I got old... playing like a noob
  • DUFFMAN5 25 Jun 2020 06:31:56 25,868 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @KnuttinAtoll

Great stuff, enjoy 👍

As for me. Just finished TLoU2 now playing:

Terminator Resistance. 2 hours in, enjoying a lot.
    SBSP Battle for BB. Great and fun platformer but Sandy's jump and swing is frustratingly hit and miss.
  • Darth_Flibble 28 Jun 2020 09:56:17 4,241 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    final fantasy 7 remake

I've tried to enjoy the FF games for a while but 13's games was just gibberish, 15 looked amazing but was dull to play with massive open world with very boring quests. Also the main characters of boyband were bland or just annoying. Played FFX remaster, started off liking it but has horrible difficulty spikes and the story is bit up it self (not as much as ff13 games). Seymour is terrible villain as well

Glad to say really enjoying the FF7 remake, combat is fun and even on base ps4, the graphics look so good
  • Malek86 28 Jun 2020 11:27:38 10,093 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    In the end, I didn't drop POP... making slow progress, but making progress at least.

Luckily it's not a long game. I'm only five levels and two bosses away from the end.
  • TechnoHippy 28 Jun 2020 12:17:52 17,316 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Just started Rogue Trooper - I'm surprised I didn't play it back when it first game out. It's not great, a sort of poor man's Gears, but the setting is fun.
  • Nanocrystal 28 Jun 2020 12:22:15 2,082 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Surge 2
    Really enjoying it, but it's way easier than the first game. I've made a tanky build that constantly refills healing injections and am managing to R1 spam my way through most enemies. Feels a bit like cheating, but then it's kinda nice to play through a soulslike and not have too tough of a time. The directional parrying is a great system even if it doesn't always seem to work properly. Level design is top notch and my gosh the choice of weapons is overwhelming. Boss fights have been a mixed bag so far but the Delver was brilliant. Overall I'd say I probably prefer the first game as its setting, atmosphere and story clicked with me more.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 28 Jun 2020 12:33:02 13,547 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    Just started Rogue Trooper - I'm surprised I didn't play it back when it first game out. It's not great, a sort of poor man's Gears, but the setting is fun.
    I played it not that long ago. Even with the new graphics the level design and gameplay is so of its time. Itís so unavoidably a PS2 game that even with an attachment to the comics itís slightly baffling why they remastered it.
  • Rum_Monkey 28 Jun 2020 13:56:23 829 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Still LoU2 and BoTW so being pretty spoilt with great games at the minute.

BoTW needs to be the blueprint for open world games from now on. So many great touches. Just chopped down a tree to cross a gap. Not a massive deal but makes it seem more immersive.
  • Crazyguy98 29 Jun 2020 03:41:15 1 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 1 week ago
    Hello friends
    Today I would like to present a widely used and prosperous web game called Friv.
    Here I specialize in providing a variety of action games, puzzles, racing games and more for free.
    It is collecting the best games in the world with the .io and html5 formats.
    This is an easy to use game, considered reliable by most users for the main entertainment purposes.
    When we think of our favorite moments of play, we tend to think of things that have a high octane number:
    high-speed races, chases, chases of bandits, escape from people who say defense. armed with force, interrupting a massacre in the last moments of an online game ...
    But there is also another aspect of the game: peaceful games like puzzles, chess, games, etc.
    By giving us some essential elements and helping us to relieve stress at the end of a long day ... When we think of our favorite moments of play, we tend to think of things that have a high octane number: high-speed races, chases, chases of bandits, escape from people who say defense.
    armed with force, interrupting a massacre in the last moments of an online game ... But there is also another aspect of the game: peaceful games such as puzzles, chess, games, etc.
    Giving us some essentials and helping us relieve stress at the end of a long day with Friv 4 school
  • TechnoHippy 29 Jun 2020 07:51:10 17,316 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    I played it not that long ago. Even with the new graphics the level design and gameplay is so of its time. Itís so unavoidably a PS2 game that even with an attachment to the comics itís slightly baffling why they remastered it.
    Indeed - the shine of the comics connection is wearing off quickly.
  • KnuttinAtoll 29 Jun 2020 08:44:08 8,140 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Got my teeth into RDR2 for a few more hours.

I went back through the last few pages in this thread and sort of agreed with Roguey's evaluation of the graphics at first (especially when it comes to character modelling vs say the Witcher 3, which still looks better in that regard I think), but considering the overall level of detail, graphics wise but even more so gameplay wise, my word. Epic stuff, I keep stopping and just checking stuff out wherever I am.

I'm still at a stage where I'm a bit overwhelmed with all of it - reached Valentine and done the first bear hunt, and a few other sidemissions - but the game feels like an actual place, so alive and brimming with detail. You got to give it to R*, they're really good at this stuff.

I remember with the original RDR, I struggled with the setting at times (normally prefer GTA over Wild West) but they really nailed the atmosphere with this one.

Edited by KnuttinAtoll at 08:45:03 29-06-2020
  • ghearoid 29 Jun 2020 09:25:21 3,574 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Tokyo Mirage Sessions #fe Encore - about ten hours in, getting to grips with combat and upgrades. Not sure what I think about it yet.

Animal Crossing New Horizons - still truckin'.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 29 Jun 2020 09:31:41 8,695 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Current list (having finished TLOU2 last night):

Total War: Three Kingdoms (PC): Still playing this multiplayer. We're moving on to the alternative time periods from the DLC next. It's good and the 1.5.2 patch has fixed a lot of the crashiness we were struggling with. Still prefer the Warhammer games, though.

Persona 4: The Golden (PC): So nice to have this on a modern platform. I'm around 2 in-game months into it. It doesn't stand up quite as well after playing Persona 5, but it's still an undoubted classic.

Sakura Wars (PS4): Hoped to make more progress on this last week, while I was off work, but ended up pushing through to finish TLOU2 instead. But it's fun and I'm making steady progress.

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition (Switch): Just started this last night. It's obviously a good remaster, but I've bounced off this game twice before on other platforms. So let's see...

Dead Cells (PC): Picked this up cheap in the Steam summer sale. Only just scratched the surface of it, so too soon for me to have an actual opinion on it yet.
  • magicpanda 29 Jun 2020 15:03:01 15,031 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Playing some bloody brilliant games on PC at the moment.

Desperados 3 for a 9/10 beard stroking RTS. Got it cheap on cdkeys

Deep Rock Galactic is my go to shooter at the moment, left for dead with dwarves and I'm fully onboard with the overwhelmingly positive reviews on Steam.

Minecraft with my 8 year old son and the new Nether Update.

Sea of Thieves is really unique but it's so much lost potential wasted on a PVP arena game. Good fun as is but what I wouldn't give for a proper story driven RPG in this world.

I need an immersive RPG or an ARPG to play, any recommendations? I've pretty much done them all but I'm eyeing up Greedfall and Torchlight 3.

Edited by magicpanda at 15:04:50 29-06-2020
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 29 Jun 2020 15:10:55 8,695 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @magicpanda Desperados 3 is tempting. May give it a look.

Be warned that all of the reports I've seen indicate that the Torchlight 3 early access release really isn't ready for primetime yet. Have you tried Wolcen? It's pretty much a straight Diablo clone, but a well-made one.
  • andytheadequate 29 Jun 2020 15:33:01 9,151 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I really enjoyed the Desperado 3 demo, loved the setting and the controls felt really intuitive. My laptop struggled with it at times though so decided to go for their previous game Shadow Tactics in the sale instead (think it was £5.50 on Steam).
  • Humperfunk 29 Jun 2020 16:37:08 8,155 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Rogueywon How far into Sakura Wars are you? I started on Saturday, nearing the end of Chapter 3 now :)
  • magicpanda 29 Jun 2020 23:34:25 15,031 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    I really enjoyed the Desperado 3 demo, loved the setting and the controls felt really intuitive. My laptop struggled with it at times though so decided to go for their previous game Shadow Tactics in the sale instead (think it was £5.50 on Steam).
    Worth every penny. One of my games of the year when it came out.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 29 Jun 2020 23:37:30 8,695 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Humperfunk Chapter 4 - so not much beyond you. A combination of only playing in short bursts and spending too long in Koi Koi Wars.

Also, is it just me, or is the instrumental version of Azami's theme basically a Japanese-accented version of Donald Where's Your Troosers?
  • Mola_Ram 30 Jun 2020 09:17:39 23,707 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I am playing Invisible Inc again on Switch. Currently trying to beat it on Experienced for the unlocks, without DLC for now (the DLC is great, but it's less great for your first few playthroughs). Yesterday I made it as far as the final mission, almost made it but failed because of a few dumb mistakes. Sigh.

The port is pretty good though! There's a few hitches when it gets busy - nothing game-breaking, but hopefully it can be patched for a bit of a smoother experience.

Still recommended very, very highly. It's an amazing game, even better now that it's portable.
  • EMarkM 30 Jun 2020 10:11:45 4,945 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well, I'm still enjoying No Man's Sky, despite now having accidentally discovered something about the game which I'm sure you all knew but I didn't - ah well, it doesn't really seem to be affecting my approach to play.

Also, we downloaded the basic version of Minecraft to the PS4 for our eight year old the other day. She's really enjoying it. None of us here have ever really played it before, other than me being roped into my nephew's split screen sessions with his dad when we go 'round there.

To be fair, I think I've put about ten times the work in than the little 'un has, but she still proudly tells everyone that "we" built a bow and arrow, and so forth :D

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.