What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 155

• Malek86 30 Jun 2020 10:23:28 10,093 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've started Project Warlock, completed the first episode and now making my way through the second one. It's not bad so far, but the level design could be a lot better. And in a Doom clone, the level design is paramount. Hopefully it gets more interesting later on.

Edited by Malek86 at 10:24:22 30-06-2020
  • quadfather 30 Jun 2020 10:27:57 36,602 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bit of a selection really. I'm still going through the Talos Principle on the switch, because I still want to get to the top of that tower goddamit.

Last of us 2, which is great

Just got Metro Exodus in the steam sale too

And Baldur's gate 2.

Bit of a random selection, but there you go :)
  • andytheadequate 30 Jun 2020 15:12:03 9,151 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    magicpanda wrote:
    andytheadequate wrote:
    I really enjoyed the Desperado 3 demo, loved the setting and the controls felt really intuitive. My laptop struggled with it at times though so decided to go for their previous game Shadow Tactics in the sale instead (think it was £5.50 on Steam).
    Worth every penny. One of my games of the year when it came out.
    I've only played the first mission so far but I'm really enjoying it! I've always been crap at stealth and RTS games so was always put off playing this style of game, but the different difficulty settings, nice controls and quick save option should hopefully help with that.
  • Crocoboco 30 Jun 2020 15:15:07 3 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 days ago
    Just "finished" Terraria 1.4. I haven't played it since release and it was a blast to revisit it again. This time I played it in multiplayer with a friend and it was much funnier! It got a bit boring when we crafted the endgame gear though, Zenith is a bit overpowered imo. Anyway it's great game and we played 100+ hours.

No idea what I want to play now and I'm just wasting time in Binding of Isaac.
  • Humperfunk 30 Jun 2020 16:04:26 8,155 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Rogueywon Haha I'll check out that link later :)

I've just started Chapter 5 now. I can't find a thread on the game (the search engine literally brings up nothing on any search I do, let alone on the game), but have to say one of the things I love about a lot of the music is that it reminds me of Gravity Rush, wonderful stuff.
  • HedonBlue 30 Jun 2020 16:17:07 25 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 days ago
    The Secret World (PC)
  • docrob 30 Jun 2020 20:28:35 1,565 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Currently on the go:

Half Life: Alyx - loving this, but itís too much to play for hours at a time and so itís going to take me ages to get through. Currently on chapter 4.

XCOM: Chimera Squad - currently parked, but Iíll get back to it.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 - great, but I may die of old age before I reach the end. I completed RDR2 in January and I thought THAT was long!
  • HedonBlue 1 Jul 2020 00:19:25 25 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 days ago
    State of Decay 2

Trying out the Green Zone
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 1 Jul 2020 07:32:07 8,695 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Humperfunk I'd suggest the General Japanese Gaming Thread. There've been a few posts on it in there. It's asbolutely one of those mid-tier Japanese games that a few forumites play, but that doesn't have the critical mass to sustain its own thread.
  • wuntyate 1 Jul 2020 13:16:45 14,664 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm doing my usual of having about 50 things on the go at once that I'll never finish.

Days Gone - I think I will actually finish this though as I fucking love the shit out of it.
    Alien Isolation - Had a hankering to continue where I left off of my PS4 playthrough years ago. So I'm dipping in and out.
    Rise of the Tomb Raider - Reinstalled last night as the PSPlus announcement reminded me I started it then binned it. I liked the TR Reboot so not sure why I stopped playing this. Quite early on as well.
    Division 2 - Logging in to continue progression of a few bits and do the seasonal stuff. I'm still a big fan of the game and have logged a fair bit of time with it now.
    Terraria - Me and my son are addicted to this just now. A good way through hard mode and we're starting to take on the HM bosses.
    Diablo 3 - Fannying around with the necromancer. I love the fact I can literally fill screens with raised allies.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 1 Jul 2020 13:45:48 8,695 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @wuntyate I'm thinking of an Alien Isolation replay before next-gen hits and its tech seems even more dated. Might see how the third party VR support on PC has shaped up and try it that way.
  • wuntyate 1 Jul 2020 14:02:05 14,664 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Rogueywon I tell you what, I can't believe how amazing it still looks.
  • quadfather 1 Jul 2020 14:04:10 36,602 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    wuntyate wrote:
    I'm doing my usual of having about 50 things on the go at once that I'll never finish.

Days Gone - I think I will actually finish this though as I fucking love the shit out of it.
    Alien Isolation - Had a hankering to continue where I left off of my PS4 playthrough years ago. So I'm dipping in and out.
    Rise of the Tomb Raider - Reinstalled last night as the PSPlus announcement reminded me I started it then binned it. I liked the TR Reboot so not sure why I stopped playing this. Quite early on as well.
    Division 2 - Logging in to continue progression of a few bits and do the seasonal stuff. I'm still a big fan of the game and have logged a fair bit of time with it now.
    Terraria - Me and my son are addicted to this just now. A good way through hard mode and we're starting to take on the HM bosses.
    Diablo 3 - Fannying around with the necromancer. I love the fact I can literally fill screens with raised allies.
    No wonder we're not getting any music recorded :D
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 1 Jul 2020 14:09:04 8,695 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    wuntyate wrote:
    @Rogueywon I tell you what, I can't believe how amazing it still looks.
    Isolation scared the absolute ever-living shit out of me, to the extent I've not actually been able to find other games scary since then. RE7 maybe gave me the odd very slight chill, but otherwise, I think Isolation more or less blew out my fear glands.
  • wuntyate 1 Jul 2020 14:19:16 14,664 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @quadfather Ha, I'll have you know I am poised and ready good sir.
  • wuntyate 1 Jul 2020 14:20:29 14,664 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Rogueywon It's that moment when you just know it's seen you. And you're fucked.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 1 Jul 2020 15:27:45 8,695 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @wuntyate It's not so much the bits where it caught me that scared the shit out of me. It charges you, you die. The game actually lost me slightly in the last couple of hours when the attacks came thick and fast.

The bits that freaked me out were the bits where I didn't know where the fucking thing was. When I knew where I was and where I needed to get to and I knew it was out there somewhere. The blip on the edge of the motion tracker that might be it (or might not be). The sighting of it from a distance, when it hasn't spotted me yet, but when my options for hiding or distracting it are limited.
  • Britesparc 1 Jul 2020 20:10:51 2,038 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    So for whatever reason I seem to operate about 2-3 years behind the curve on major titles. As such, at the moment I'm playing Mass Effect Andromeda, Breath of the Wild (we only got a Switch at Christmas), and the comparatively brand new Jedi Fallen Order. I want to finish one of them soon so I can start on Witcher 3!

One thing I'd like as we move into a new console generation is to try to play games a little closer to release so I can at least take part in the general conversion. I think as my kids get older this might get easier, especially as they're both getting really into gaming too.
  • JoelStinty 1 Jul 2020 21:26:37 8,879 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Britesparc wrote:

One thing I'd like as we move into a new console generation is to try to play games a little closer to release so I can at least take part in the general conversion. I think as my kids get older this might get easier, especially as they're both getting really into gaming too.
    Iíve been buying a few more games at launch recently as well for similar reasons but I find it also helps with my backlog. I wasnít buying new games because of price drops and a wealth of choice but think ended up bouncing of more games or just find it easy to drop £5-20 on a random game because I feel like it. I was abandoning far more games than I used to. Decided it be better it I have a bit more structure to my gaming purchases. Buy more newer games and then catch up on older titles in between.

Edited by JoelStinty at 21:28:03 01-07-2020
  • creepiest-lizard 2 Jul 2020 12:00:20 1,340 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've been bored waiting for ghosty shushimi so bought Hard West and Journey to a savage planet on psn.
    They're pretty good so far. Hard West is an X-com style western with Deals with the devil, cultists and demons.
    Journey to the savage planet is quite funny in parts.
  • andytheadequate 2 Jul 2020 13:23:25 9,151 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    JoelStinty wrote:
    Britesparc wrote:

Iíve been buying a few more games at launch recently as well for similar reasons but I find it also helps with my backlog. I wasnít buying new games because of price drops and a wealth of choice but think ended up bouncing of more games or just find it easy to drop £5-20 on a random game because I feel like it. I was abandoning far more games than I used to. Decided it be better it I have a bit more structure to my gaming purchases. Buy more newer games and then catch up on older titles in between.
    This is a good point, I think a lot of people get obsessed with their backlog or good deals on older games. The key is to buy the games you're definitely interested in, and pick up the odd game in a sale that's a bit more of a risk. I've enjoyed gaming a lot more since doing this, rather than playing random crap I picked up in a bundle or in a sale somewhere.
  • Humperfunk 2 Jul 2020 13:58:40 8,155 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Rogueywon nice one, will post in there!
  • cowell 3 Jul 2020 11:47:56 2,156 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    After obsessing somewhat over RE3 and itís more action oriented style, I was craving some more of that so plumped for RE5 in a recent sale.

My goodness what a ridiculous fun mess RE5 is. You can see the series losing its way here and itís very obvious why the purists absolutely hated it.

Itís utterly ludicrous. The controls are a touch janky. The spear chucking locals are a bit yikes from a cultural standpoint. The QTEs are a bit wank too. However itís still kinda fun and I shall be finishing. Last of Us 2 isnít getting a look in til this is done
  • Graxlar_v3 3 Jul 2020 13:09:07 10,041 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    After multiple attempts I finally have got into rogue legacy. I am really rubbish at it but itís fun just clearing the castle area for monies right now.
  • PierrePressure 3 Jul 2020 13:37:26 1,077 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've just gone back to Xenoblade Chronicles after hammering TLOU2 for a week and a half and I'm struggling to get any enthusiasm to continue.
  • DrStrangelove 3 Jul 2020 17:46:03 15,154 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Supraland Crash (first Supraland DLC, released today)
  • JoelStinty 3 Jul 2020 18:26:10 8,879 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sonic Mania

I never quite got sonic. Never felt at ease with it as I was never sure how to play it. But been enjoying my time spent with this. Often thrilling, and I like it when the game goes a bit vertical and becomes more of a pinball game. I still think that sonic is a bit of a bizarre game but I'm understanding it a lot better than what I used too.

Downhill Lonely Mountain.

This is really good fun, and as been my arcade game of choice for the last month or so. Its a very generous game, you can play as it as you wish. You can leisurely roll down a hill (with the wonderful sound of your free hub) at your own pace or you can make it a arcade game as you try and hammer each course as you try to shave milliseconds of your best time. It kind of becomes like super meat boy with it instant restarts. Think my favourite event so far is just the beat each course in one try. Reminds me a little of the freedom of SSX 3 and can be quite compulsive as you want to climb those leaderboards.

Switch version as received a nice resolution update as well, looks great and a pretty unique identity.

Downloaded Outer Wilds earlier so may start that tonight as my main game.
  • Bichii 3 Jul 2020 18:54:13 3,092 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Outer wilds is incredible, I wish I could play it again for the first time.
  • DUFFMAN5 3 Jul 2020 19:02:14 25,868 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Bought Greedfall today for under £12 on xbox, even better I had earned another £5 from Gamepass quests, so actually paid about £6:50.

Probably start tomorrow.
  • Graxlar_v3 4 Jul 2020 01:39:53 10,041 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    After multiple attempts I finally have got into rogue legacy. I am really rubbish at it but itís fun just clearing the castle area for monies right now.
    And finally beaten it :)

10 hours and 159 children

Edited by Graxlar_v3 at 06:30:55 04-07-2020

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.