What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 159

• quadfather 20 Jul 2020 12:47:50 36,737 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rolled a rogue in Diablo 1 and going through that again. Forgot how hard it was/is.
  • PES_head 21 Jul 2020 09:18:37 9 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    Deliver Us The Moon - Xbox Game Pass

Interesting game so far. It's effectively an astronaut simulator! Echoes of Apollo 13, Gravity, etc in video game form.

Would I have paid serious money for it? Perhaps not, it's a bit different. But that's the beauty of Game Pass innit - being willing to try an interesting new game you might not have otherwise.
  • ghearoid 21 Jul 2020 09:48:04 3,599 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore - just starting chapter 6 so I think I'm in the final stretch, just two side stories left, everyone who can join sessions gas joined. Very fun, very silly, very Japanese!

Animal Crossing New Horizons - still playing every day, Amelia just moved in, still waiting for a blue rose!
  • Humperfunk 21 Jul 2020 09:56:20 8,200 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm away for two weeks now so I'm fully focused on the new Paper Mario on Switch. Should I finish it in that time, will go back to Xenoblade Chronicles but I doubt it!

Has been nice actually playing a game without trophies etc I must say, was finding the same with Xenoblade.
  • Humperfunk 21 Jul 2020 09:57:11 8,200 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @ghearoid how many hours are you into Tokyo Mirage Sessions mate? I've had that on my radar for so long but have been waiting for a bit of a price drop (albeit a Switch game so unlikely!)
  • ghearoid 21 Jul 2020 10:16:20 3,599 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @Humperfunk

Fifty hours I think. I've read that it's generally a forty to fifty hour game, but I'm slow as I like to do all the sidequests and collect costumes and stuff :)

I recommend it if you've enjoyed Persona or SMT games, it's very light and frothy though.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 21 Jul 2020 10:54:31 9,005 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I played TMS back on the Wii-U. It's compact as JRPGs go. I think I was done with a reasonably completionist playthrough in around 40 hours. I enjoyed it, but it left me wanting a new Persona something rotten, so it was lucky that Persona 5 released a year or so later.
  • Humperfunk 21 Jul 2020 18:19:35 8,200 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @ghearoid Persona is probably my favourite gaming series so yep, sounds good to me! Thanks 😊
  • Tomo 21 Jul 2020 18:47:26 17,817 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I booted up Red Dead 2 for the first time in a looooong time yesterday. I got a bit burned out first time around. Think I did about 60 hours. I've basically got to Saint Denis... If you mainline the story, how long is there to go?

I didn't like the controls much first time around, but boy they feel clunky coming from TLOU2 and even GTAV which I've played a bit of since the Epic Store release. I fear it might go on the forever abandoned pile if I have forever to go still...
  • Sortex 21 Jul 2020 20:14:52 1 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    Been on another white orchid slots kick lately. I think that's fantastic. The best source for online gambling.

Edited by Sortex at 07:30:57 30-07-2020
  • spookyxelectric 22 Jul 2020 05:48:56 46 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Sort of juggling Ghost of Tsushima, Mass Effect Andromeda and Xenoblade Definitive. I think I'm going to be dropping one of them soon as it's a bit much to tackle so many large games at once, and I think it's going to be Tsushima. It's really well made, but it really is a clone of the last two Assassin's Creed games to the letter.
  • FoxMoody 22 Jul 2020 08:37:10 21 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 weeks ago
    Played Dishonored 1 plenty of times, both in high and low chaos. Arkane Studios made an amazing world and story although predictable isn't all that bad since it's filled with compelling characters.
    I do won both Dishonored 2 and DotO but still can't find time to play.
  • Dombat 22 Jul 2020 09:02:58 1,778 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Primarily Ghost of Tsushuma at the moment.

Also dabbling with Valorant (usually once a week with mates), Animal Crossing and Mario Odyssey.

I'm looking to phase out AC now from my daily routine as I don't really want to keep making time for it anymore. I've reached the credits, maxed out my house and found all the fossils, so it's a good enough time to move on.
  • welshben1982 22 Jul 2020 17:57:32 1,314 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Tomo wrote:
    I booted up Red Dead 2 for the first time in a looooong time yesterday. I got a bit burned out first time around. Think I did about 60 hours. I've basically got to Saint Denis... If you mainline the story, how long is there to go?

I didn't like the controls much first time around, but boy they feel clunky coming from TLOU2 and even GTAV which I've played a bit of since the Epic Store release. I fear it might go on the forever abandoned pile if I have forever to go still...
    Have you done any story missions in Saint Denis? If not..over 50 missions from three chapters & two epilogues.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 22 Jul 2020 23:54:14 9,005 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    @ghearoid Persona is probably my favourite gaming series so yep, sounds good to me! Thanks 😊
    If you've played Persona 5, then TMS is fascinating as the obvious evolutionary predecessor to it. Not least because while the directors were different, a lot of the same staff worked on both games.

Just to be clear, TMS is not a Persona game. The time-management mechanic is basically absent. There's a simulacrum of it, but you can see all of the character stories in TMS by just being thorough every time you get free roam. No planning needed.

But the combat system is right out of Persona, as are the spells and some of the enemies. More interestingly, the dungeons are not randomly generated and have significant puzzle components. They are blatantly dry runs for Persona 5's Palaces.

The special - and I do mean very special - song attacks weren't replicated in the original Persona 5 release, but were the obvious inspiration for Royal's Showtime attacks.

And it features some of the same real-world locations, particularly around Shibuya. But in TMS, Shibuya is a bright and cheery poppy-playground, by contrast with Persona 5's darker take, which always had an edge of menace. Fascinating to see more or less the same development team do the same real-world location in such different ways.

Also, if you want another Persona-lite that does some of the same stuff, Tokyo Xanadu EX+ is worth a look. It's basically a Trails of Cold Steel game with slightly more of a real-world setting.
  • Tomo 23 Jul 2020 00:05:13 17,817 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    welshben1982 wrote:
    Tomo wrote:

Have you done any story missions in Saint Denis? If not..over 50 missions from three chapters & two epilogues.
    0_0
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 23 Jul 2020 00:06:51 13,993 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    PES_head wrote:

Interesting game so far. It's effectively an astronaut simulator! Echoes of Apollo 13, Gravity, etc in video game form.

Would I have paid serious money for it? Perhaps not, it's a bit different. But that's the beauty of Game Pass innit - being willing to try an interesting new game you might not have otherwise.
    Did you play Observation?

I feel like this is in a similar carriage on the vibe train from the trailer so youíve got me interested
  • Mola_Ram 23 Jul 2020 01:41:49 23,984 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm still on Prey.

I really like it overall; it's a much better horror game than something like Dead Space. I'm not a huge fan of the samey enemy design, though, and the story is still no great shakes.

Fuck the Mimics. EVERYTHING IS A MIMIC
  • MrFlay 23 Jul 2020 02:10:04 4,505 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Mola_Ram

My issue with Prey is that Combat Focus makes the whole game trivially easy even on Nightmare. It's very easy to get overpowered just by exploring.
  • Mola_Ram 23 Jul 2020 04:03:30 23,984 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I haven't picked that skill yet, been focusing on becoming a stealthy Wrench Man in this playthrough.

I've gotten a whole bunch of upgrades (a plan that lets me craft them, basically) from a place that I'm not sure I was supposed to visit early on. But I did, after cowering in fear and hiding from a couple of things that could basically one-shot me. I'll give them some wrenchy justice later on.
  • PES_head 23 Jul 2020 06:34:20 9 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    PES_head wrote:

Did you play Observation?

I feel like this is in a similar carriage on the vibe train from the trailer so youíve got me interested
    I intend to play Observation next as it happens. Recently completed The Turing Test as well so on a bit of a sci-fi puzzle-solving & exploration thing at the moment!

Deliver Us The Moon isn't the slickest game ever made, but I'm enjoying it. As I get older and more time poor, I appreciate this sort of short-length, sedate, atmospheric game more and more (as well as the occasional big budget AAA adventure).
  • Nitrous 23 Jul 2020 08:37:43 2,049 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    TLOU2

Currently exploring Seattle and already really enjoying it. I wish I'd got this now closer to release so I had something else to sink my furlough time into after I had completed Days Gone.

Playing with headphones using TLOU remastered audio profile loaded and the sound detail is excellent. Looks really impressive on the base PS4 and runs well from the short amount of time Ive spent with it.

Won't comment on the story until I've finished. Seems everyone has there own take on it anyway.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 23 Jul 2020 09:19:55 9,005 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Current list:

Total War: Shogun 2 (PC) - Having burned out a bit on Total War: Three Kingdoms in co-op, we've moved to the much-older Shogun 2, which I played singleplayer at launch but have never co-opped. It holds up incredibly well. Visuals are a little dated, but the stylised world-map is still beautiful. Gameplay mechanics take some adjustment - they're closer to Warhammer than Three Kingdoms (reflecting their respective ages) - but there are still some aspects that need a lot of adjustment, like being able to move armies around without generals and town garrisons being much weaker unless reinforced. This has a long-standing rep as one of the best Total War games and it still feels deserved.

Ghost of Tsushima (PS4) - This is an odd one and even at the 8 hour-ish point, I still can't decide whether I like it or not. I played 90 minutes last night and had a great time, doing a couple of meaty quests and clearing a big fort I found while exploring. The night before was miserable, however, filled up with hum-drum open world Ubicruft collectathons and getting tripped up by a piece of poor game design after I stumbled (without trying) into an area that wasn't properly "activated" as I hadn't advanced the story enough. Looks beautiful, but the camera control is poor by 2020 standards.

Death Stranding (PC) - This one will probably be back-burnered until I finish or drop GoT, but I've made a start on it. It's a decent PC port and the game seems intriguing, but I'm not yet of the point of knowing whether or not I'll bounce off its sheer Kojimaness.

Sakura Wars (PS4) - Still working through this as my Sunday afternoon chill game. Think I'm nearly finished now. It's a fun, charming, well-made game even if the combat could be a little crunchier.

What the Golf (PC) - Picked this up (very) cheap on EGS as my new "quick game before bed" game, as I really do need to wean myself off Slay the Spire now. Seems fun enough.
  • Rum_Monkey 23 Jul 2020 15:07:51 969 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    TLOU2

Think I'm nearing the end and I don't want it to finish. I've really enjoyed playing this at night with the headset on. Encounters get really tense and adds to the game.
  • Crocoboco 24 Jul 2020 12:21:17 15 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    Currently playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider, so far it's good. I really like how they made it open world with side quests and challenge tombs.

I also play some Binding of Isaac and live blackjack on the side when I don't have much time to game.

Reading all this Dishonored comments makes me wanna play it again. I only played the first game iirc, going to play trough the whole series when I finish TR.
  • spookyxelectric 24 Jul 2020 15:59:49 46 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    Current list:

Sakura Wars (PS4) - Still working through this as my Sunday afternoon chill game. Think I'm nearly finished now. It's a fun, charming, well-made game even if the combat could be a little crunchier.

Ahh, I really loved Sakura Wars. Glad to see someone enjoying it. :)
  • Graxlar_v3 24 Jul 2020 17:16:37 10,221 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Altelier Ryza (switch) about an hour and a half in, pace seems slow but its fine.
    Neon Abyss (switch) Woot! this game is fun for little bursts, not got very far yet
    GoT (PS4) - so far (1/3 way through act 2) this is probably my game of the year
    Dragonball Kakorat - mannnn this game is so bad, but i can switch my brain off and play it.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 24 Jul 2020 17:29:06 9,005 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3 The slow pace is kinda the point of Atelier Ryza - it's deliberately a very, very laid-back game, with zero time pressure and only the slightest tension in the storyline.
  • Graxlar_v3 24 Jul 2020 17:35:57 10,221 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    @Graxlar_v3 The slow pace is kinda the point of Atelier Ryza - it's deliberately a very, very laid-back game, with zero time pressure and only the slightest tension in the storyline.
    I know, it just takes a bit of getting used to.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 24 Jul 2020 17:37:52 13,993 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Picked up Blasphemous in the PSN Summer Sale been wanting to play it for awhile. It seems reductive to say itís 2D Dark Souls but letís not kid ourselves

Edit: after spending a few hours with it this evening Iím really digging it. Huge influence of Dark Souls and Symphony of the Night in its gameplay, incredibly atmospheric bleak Christian influenced art work. Itís like Behemothís Satanist album as a game.

The learning curve seems forgivingly shallow so far. Every enemy requires a different approach so you canít charge through the levels but at the same time what feels like a brutal ride first time can be pretty swiftly taken care of second once you know whatís coming.

Progression system based on skill trees so itís all about picking and choosing abilities rather than levelling up to tank or over level the grunts.

I hope not but I can easily imagine the difficulty spiking to the moon out of the blue after these early stages are mapped out.

Edited by simpleexplodingmaybe at 00:42:45 25-07-2020

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.