What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 162

• JoelStinty 9 Aug 2020 17:10:26 8,968 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Like a few others, I found myself over extending myself with a few too many games. Slowly getting through them. To be fair a couple of them are arcade/pick em ups.

Ghost of Tushima
    After a bit of a wane after a promising start finding a good rhythm with the game. Enjoying it.

Picross S1
    Puzzle and Podcast game. Been playing a fair bit of this recently with a week off. Fills a bit of a time.

Final Fantasy 14.
    After a month of so break feels fresh again. Got a bit stale for a while.

Fall guys
    Guess this will be my go too game for a while. Cracking game, a lot of fun.

Also tidying up trophies on Last of us 2.
  • Dazimus 9 Aug 2020 17:56:30 1,358 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    A few on the go as usual for me:

Judgment - Onto chapter 2 and itís ... good, but not one Iím eagerly looking to playing when I get a chance to play some games. I quite like the characters and story, and the combat is great as expected.

UFC 4 (trial)- Quite enjoying the career mode on this. The simplified ground system makes it much more accessible and Iím pretty sure Iíll buy it.

Xenoblade Chronicles DE - On chapter 12 I think, 43 hours or so in. I went through a phase of hammering this but itís been reduced to plugging away a little at a time nowadays.

Lego Marvel Superheroes - Just started this today as a game that i can play in front of my 5 year old daughter without her seeing blood and swearing from other games. Lego games are always fun.
  • Mola_Ram 10 Aug 2020 08:57:07 24,349 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've overdosed a bit on Assassin's Creed Odyssey, so for something more nourishing I'm playing through Disco Elysium again with a differently-focused character. I'm going with a dumb, brute-force kind of character.

It's the only recent RPG I can think of where I'm not even the slightest bit tempted to reroll failed skill checks. Because the failures are often more interesting (and hilarious) than the successes. And I'm way more into the role playing aspect of it too, it feels meatier than most open world RPGs will ever be.
  • Graxlar_v3 10 Aug 2020 09:08:15 10,443 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    PSO2

Its a game, i cant decide whether i like it or not yet but I play it daily to get the XP tokens i dont use.

FF14

I am, slowly coming back to this. last time i played it in anger (about a year ago) I had a mini meltdown because of the stress. It is still one of my all time favourite games though and with 6.3 dropping tomorrow? I wanted to catch up with myself. I have remade my character - gone from male Au Ra (dragon people) to Viera (female bunny people) so i am hoping that helps with the anxiety.
  • robthehermit 10 Aug 2020 09:26:52 7,944 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Jumping between UnderMine, Neon Abyss, Darksiders Genesis and chucking in a bit of Horizon 4. Gamepass is awesome.
  • monsieur-Cosmo 10 Aug 2020 10:41:08 602 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just Cause 4 (un-abandoned).
    It finally clicks. After beating JC3 (loved that, will revisit some time) and JC 2(meh) I understand better how the game mechanics work. Hope to at least beat the main story. Already about 30% complete, too.

Edited by monsieur-Cosmo at 10:42:17 10-08-2020
  • quadfather 10 Aug 2020 11:13:07 36,874 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, I've "done a wunty" too

Diablo 1 on the PC.
    Demon's souls on the PS3
    BoTW on the switch
    TLOU2, Ghost of Tshushima, Creaks on the PS4

I don't even want to start the conversation about backlogs, or games I've bought recently on a whim/pissed that I haven't installed yet, never mind played.

It's silly really.
  • quadfather 10 Aug 2020 11:13:30 36,874 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wunty - have you even started those project zero's yet? haha
  • Malek86 10 Aug 2020 11:23:42 10,486 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Having had it in my library for too long, I've started Drake of the 99 Dragons.

Don't be mistaken - reviews and Youtube videos are enough to get a vague idea, but you won't truly know how terrible this game is until you actually play it.

Even worse, the missions are short enough that I don't quite feel like just dropping it. Unless there is some massive difficulty spike or something, I'll try and see this mess to its very end.

Edited by Malek86 at 11:24:07 10-08-2020
  • wuntyate 10 Aug 2020 11:36:51 15,215 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Oh god no. Well, no, that's a lie I did. Then got sidetracked, then the light nights came.
  • Switch-v85 10 Aug 2020 11:40:42 4,031 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    All the Control talk in the other thread has me wanting to go back to it but I really need to finish something first. Should be done with Death Stranding in a day or two though so won't feel as bad about playing yet another game.
  • PierrePressure 10 Aug 2020 11:47:03 1,149 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    On a PSP kick at the moment. Vice City Stories and Final Fantasy Tactics on the go, struggling with the controls on Vice City though.

Missed FFT all those years ago but it's a bit good isn't it?
  • JoeBlade 10 Aug 2020 11:57:58 5,226 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Bought Dishonoured 2 on a whim because it was fairly cheap on a discount and it seems great but a bit twitchy compared to the first one.

What I love about this game is you can go ahead with whatever happens and retry a different route later or reload as often as you like. It's all very snappy, retries seem to take mere seconds.

And boy, does this look bloody good on PC with all the options cranked all the way up.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 10 Aug 2020 12:39:14 9,298 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    PierrePressure wrote:
    On a PSP kick at the moment. Vice City Stories and Final Fantasy Tactics on the go, struggling with the controls on Vice City though.

Missed FFT all those years ago but it's a bit good isn't it?
    Yeah, FFT is awesome. Talking of PSP games, I wonder if we'll see a port/remaster of Crisis Core at some point. The FF7 remake went out of its way to include some nods to Crisis Core, so it would be unusual for Square-Enix to leave it languishing on an obsolete platform.
  • DUFFMAN5 10 Aug 2020 12:39:29 26,151 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Minecraft Dungeons. Only started yesterday. I managed to "farm" from a player today. I went from lvl 10-36 in about an hour!
    I did explain via message that I was low level but the 3 other players (I would think 10-12 year olds ?) seemed fine with that.
    The lowest lvl was 154 while the highest lvl was 222!

What did make me smile was a bit on the hosts "looking for game/players" on Xbox. If you do not know you can add things like "no swearing" "cheveo hunting" " mics" etc, basically anything you want.
    Anyway this one said #noweird50yearoldmen!!!!
    I mean fair play to them. 👌
  • quadfather 10 Aug 2020 13:59:09 36,874 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    wuntyate wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Oh god no. Well, no, that's a lie I did. Then got sidetracked, then the light nights came.
    Weird isn't it. I spent a while getting a valve index going, got it all delivered and upgraded pc and set it up. Then covid hit, and spending time in the sun that followed, and I think I've used it for about half an hour!
  • wuntyate 10 Aug 2020 14:12:24 15,215 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah it's tough to game, especially horror / atmospheric type stuff, when the sun is blazing through the window.
  • Malek86 10 Aug 2020 14:30:31 10,486 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @wuntyate I actually find that the best time to play horror games, because if the sun is scorching and right in front of your window, you are better off lowering the shutters.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 15 Aug 2020 15:18:24 9,298 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Trying to work out whether Hellpoint is ďjanky but charmingĒ or just ďjanky and shitĒ. 5 hours in and Iím still not sure.

Also back to Nioh 2, which despite the usual Nioh flaws, is still infinitely more polished. Switching between two Soukslikes is massive headfuck.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 17 Aug 2020 22:24:27 14,561 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    21 hours in and Iíve cracked on Blasphemous and finally started looking stuff up online like how to beat a boss Iím stuck on and while Iím stuck, where are some good collectibles and hidden power-ups Iíve missed.

Feel like Iíve cheated a bit but Iím so close to the final push and Iím not a huge replayer of games at the moment.

Although one I have dipped back into recently is Fez. Itís still beautifully realised and a joy to explore.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 18 Aug 2020 00:47:27 14,561 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Maaaaan fuck having a bullet hell style boss in a platform game
  • Tomo 18 Aug 2020 00:57:11 18,060 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I have so many games I've started recently. Good, acclaimed games, but they haven't quite hooked me in. So I started Resident Evil 2 remake yesterday and it's like just great. They've done an amazing job with the controls and modernising it, yet I still feel like I'm playing the original, complete with all the reassuring nostalgia that comes with that. Really quite something. And I'm still only managing 30-60 minute bursts because it stresses me out. The sound design is especially top notch, just like Resi 7.
  • andytheadequate 18 Aug 2020 01:20:13 9,299 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    I've overdosed a bit on Assassin's Creed Odyssey, so for something more nourishing I'm playing through Disco Elysium again with a differently-focused character. I'm going with a dumb, brute-force kind of character.

It's the only recent RPG I can think of where I'm not even the slightest bit tempted to reroll failed skill checks. Because the failures are often more interesting (and hilarious) than the successes. And I'm way more into the role playing aspect of it too, it feels meatier than most open world RPGs will ever be.
    Completely agree. It's also the only RPG I've played where you can't level up the "wrong" ability, it just changes how you have to solve the puzzle.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 18 Aug 2020 08:47:47 9,298 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Current list:

Nioh 2 (PS4) - Started this on release, then got distracted by a succession of other games, including Doom Eternal, Persona 5 Royal and the FF7 Remake. I'm back in it now and getting on fine with it. Wish they'd put more effort into fixing some of the first game's flaws, but it's still a decently polished Soulslike, so all fine.

Hellpoint (PC) - An unpolished Soulslike. I want to like it, because the Event Horizon-inspired setting feels a good fit for the genre, but it really does feel like a big mass of rough edges at times. I'm currently stuck on a boss and am not sure I can be bothered to persevere through it, particularly with Mortal Shell out later today.

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition (Switch) - With Sakura Wars finsihed, this is my new Sunday afternoon JRPG. I've got further into it on Switch than I did on either of the other two platforms I tried it on. I'm clearly going to need to find a balancing point on how many sidequests I do, as it really does spam them at you.

Total War: Shogun 2 (PC) - Still playing this in co-op, but onto the 19th Century-set Fall of the Samurai expansion now. It's interesting playing a Total War game where melee units become increasingly irrelevant as you tech up.
  • JoelStinty 18 Aug 2020 09:18:40 8,968 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tomo wrote:
    I have so many games I've started recently. Good, acclaimed games, but they haven't quite hooked me in. So I started Resident Evil 2 remake yesterday and it's like just great. They've done an amazing job with the controls and modernising it, yet I still feel like I'm playing the original, complete with all the reassuring nostalgia that comes with that. Really quite something. And I'm still only managing 30-60 minute bursts because it stresses me out. The sound design is especially top notch, just like Resi 7.
    Resi 2 was one of those games that cut through the chaff for me as well. Itís brilliant. Only done the Leon story so far but might fire up Claireís over Halloween.
  • Red_Bool 18 Aug 2020 09:23:26 2,041 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    After a hiatus of a couple of months I got back into Divinity: Original Sin 2.
    I briefly set the difficulty to 'explorer', because when I stopped I just kept hitting difficulty spikes that I could not get past. However I didn't like how the battles became too easy in this mode, so I set it back to classic and adjusted some of my 'tactics'.
    Now I'm having a blast again. I'm in Act II and already got through a couple of fights that I previously got stuck on.
  • Mola_Ram 18 Aug 2020 09:45:11 24,349 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    From what I remember, Act 2 has the hardest, most frustrating fight in the whole game. I still have the PTSD flashbacks.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 18 Aug 2020 10:09:58 9,298 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Mola_Ram I remember a pretty hellish Act 2 fight from my co-op game. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it wasn't even a special boss fight or anything, just a sidequest fight that we more or less stumbled across.

Mind you, the final "proper" boss was pretty hellish as well. And then it made my co-op partner and I go full PvP on each other, which was an interesting twist (I won!).
  • Nanocrystal 18 Aug 2020 10:12:34 2,203 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Mola_Ram The burning oil derrick?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.