Following What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 171

• simpleexplodingmaybe 20 Oct 2020 12:06:12 15,395 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I thought the HD collection was better than its reputation - although Iíd not played the originals for so long I couldnít really remember them
  • SnackPlissken 20 Oct 2020 12:55:37 2,358 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Interior corridors are really dark on the PS2 whereas the HD is probably about 10x lighter. Ok not a deal breaker but certainly makes the PS2 a little more on the edge as to what is coming next.
  • Gibroon 20 Oct 2020 13:22:12 2,342 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Ghost of tsushima legends. An incredible bit of extra content. If you were looking for a darker, more mystical game with more fighting, this is excellent.

Only just started some silver tier stuff and love the extra bonuses and hard modes you can unlock, it mixes up the stories well.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 20 Oct 2020 13:32:24 15,395 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    SnackPlissken wrote:
    Interior corridors are really dark on the PS2 whereas the HD is probably about 10x lighter. Ok not a deal breaker but certainly makes the PS2 a little more on the edge as to what is coming next.
    The general vibe of the HD versions (especially SH2) was like someone had been messing about with the contrast settings, everything was quite washed out
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 21 Oct 2020 00:06:46 15,395 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    A few hours in to Alien Isolation having not played it probably since almost launch on the 360.

The atmosphere is still right up there, the environment and music too. It mostly look great although the humans are pretty stiff in the in-game cut scenes.

Only one Tomb Raider reboot style moment where gameplay and story/characterisation clashed badly. My fault really and Iím pretty sure I did the same thing in my original playthroughs too. Missing the opportunity for some stealth and murdering four humans just after getting the hacking device.

Even though its a slow game I think it couldíve drawn out the opening scenes for longer before starting to introduce enemies.

Still bloody excellent though.
  • PES_head 21 Oct 2020 14:11:18 20 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Observation (Game Pass - Xbox One)

I'm on a bit of a sci-fi ting at the moment. Recently completed The Turing Test and Deliver Us The Moon.

Thought they were both very enjoyable. Hoping this one delivers too, early days. So far, am getting HAL from 2001 vibes.

Edited by PES_head at 14:16:22 21-10-2020
  • Rum_Monkey 21 Oct 2020 14:26:02 1,607 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Started CIV6 on the switch, I'm just biding time until the next gen really and the switch is perfect for that.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 21 Oct 2020 16:50:24 15,395 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @PES_head I really enjoyed Observation snd keep looking at Deliver Us The Moon.

Is DUTM any good?
  • PES_head 22 Oct 2020 02:40:52 20 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    @simpleexplodingmaybe It's very good.
  • SnackPlissken 22 Oct 2020 08:45:39 2,358 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    SnackPlissken wrote:
    The general vibe of the HD versions (especially SH2) was like someone had been messing about with the contrast settings, everything was quite washed out
    I thought the original was intended to be quite grainy so unsure as to why they messed about with it. If only Bluepoint did it...
  • Daeltaja 22 Oct 2020 09:41:52 1,922 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Out of sheer boredom I went back to Horizon ZD to try finish it off. It really is quite janky in the controls/animation department but the combat is exciting enough to hopefully see me through to the end.
  • quadfather 22 Oct 2020 12:43:32 37,655 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Riki on the switch. Lovely little adventure.

And creaks still, on the PS4. I'm in a sort of cozy autumn state of adventury/puzzle games
  • Steifybobbins 22 Oct 2020 20:43:25 727 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Riki on the switch. Lovely little adventure.

And creaks still, on the PS4. I'm in a sort of cozy autumn state of adventury/puzzle games
    I loved Creaks I really hope it found an audience! I bounce of most games these days and I expected to bounce off that but it charmed me to death with its atmosphere and clever but not frustrating puzzles. Roki is on my watch list too
  • bone-on 22 Oct 2020 20:54:50 592 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Playing Ginga Force on PC via steam

An underrated shmup
  • Anthony_UK 24 Oct 2020 19:07:04 3,044 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Witcher 3

Bounced off this at launch almost right away, loved the idea of losing myself in a detailed fantasy world, but without knowing the prior games or books it all felt a little too "generic fantasy" and to be honest a little janky.

So after lapping up the TV series and just having a little more understanding of the world and how it works.. I've given it another go and I've had to peel myself away after playing all afternoon. First time I've done that with a game in years..

Bit special ain't it..
  • TechnoHippy 24 Oct 2020 19:19:51 18,075 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Destroy All Humans

I seem to remember playing this on the original Xbox? It's a lot of fun so far, although the missions are all very short. Quite amusing in tone as well.
  • DUFFMAN5 24 Oct 2020 19:21:45 26,339 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Anthony_UK
    👍👌👊
  • MrWonderstuff 24 Oct 2020 20:09:24 3,428 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Star Wars Fallen Order.

Scratches that SW itch. Not really a fan of Dark Souls style combat but it's ok cos it's Star Wars. Biggest issue is the hitching when loading in assets - I get a smooth 100fps at 1440p but the hitching really detracts from the enjoyment and ambience. I understand its an engine issue - quite surprised if so as it's Unreal and yunno its meant to be ok.
  • dfunked09 24 Oct 2020 21:38:19 1,028 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Hold on... They used Unreal for Fallen Order? Thought EA were all about pushing frostbite for everything?
    It was pretty shoddy on Xbox One X. Loading times even on SSD were pretty frustrating.

I'm on to the third bit of Atlantis DLC for AC Odyssey at the moment. Think I've already put 20+ hours into the DLC so far, and it's starting to grate a bit. I'll probably see this through and that should scratch my AC itch until Valhalla complete edition is like £5 on cdkeys.

Edited by dfunked09 at 21:42:11 24-10-2020
  • spookyxelectric 24 Oct 2020 21:41:16 276 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    They seem to have given Respawn, and only Respawn a pass for some reason. I think the Titanfall games were based off the Source Engine? Or maybe Unreal 3, but definitely not Frostbite. And yeah, Jedi Fallen Order is Unreal 4.
  • Malek86 24 Oct 2020 22:00:20 11,271 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Respawn said that they started working on JFO before they were acquired by EA. By that point they could have switched to Frostbite, but they were far along enough that they didn't wanna change engine halfway through.

I imagine that, for their next game, theywill probably switch to Frostbite. Unless EA decides that they have had enough and bins it, rather than try to adapt it for the next generation of consoles.
  • JoeBlade 25 Oct 2020 11:13:33 5,389 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I've got a bunch on the heater. No Man's Sky (it's actually pretty good after the last update), Divinity: Original Sin (the first one), Rise of the Tomb Raider, Abzu and Dishonoured 2. At least the latter is close to completion.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 25 Oct 2020 11:25:31 15,395 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Anthony_UK wrote:
    Witcher 3

Bounced off this at launch almost right away, loved the idea of losing myself in a detailed fantasy world, but without knowing the prior games or books it all felt a little too "generic fantasy" and to be honest a little janky.

So after lapping up the TV series and just having a little more understanding of the world and how it works.. I've given it another go and I've had to peel myself away after playing all afternoon. First time I've done that with a game in years..

Bit special ain't it..
    Iíd bounced off 2 so hard but same it was the TV show that made me give 3 a good go and I really dug it.

Big fan of how its presentation is of quite a grounded medieval world with monsters in it rather than all out high fantasy elves and orcs like Elder Scrolls or Dragon Age
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 25 Oct 2020 11:25:32 15,395 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Gunzberg 25 Oct 2020 11:36:00 2,844 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The Outer Worlds

Just what I needed for a change of pace from Doom Eternal
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 25 Oct 2020 11:42:24 15,395 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    JoeBlade wrote:
    I've got a bunch on the heater. No Man's Sky (it's actually pretty good after the last update), Divinity: Original Sin (the first one), Rise of the Tomb Raider, Abzu and Dishonoured 2. At least the latter is close to completion.
    Bloody love Abzu
  • JoeBlade 25 Oct 2020 11:47:01 5,389 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    JoeBlade wrote:
    Bloody love Abzu
    Aye, it's absolutely charming.
  • dfunked09 27 Oct 2020 22:46:26 1,028 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Started it when it first came out and got up to what I thought was a major boss fight, but just wasn't in the mood at the time (don't think I even died, I just wasn't in the mood and instaquit)

Wish that I'd just stuck with it for like 10 seconds more back then, but fuck it, I'm enjoying it now.
    It throws abilities at you at a fairly rapid pace, and almost seems to be able to read my mind for the perfect moment to give them at you.

I guess my only complaint so far is that some of the stuff you need to equip feels like it should've been a default passive unlock. I pretty much always have magnet equipped to avoid running back to pick up stuff, but surely that should just be on by default?...
  • Zenistar 28 Oct 2020 21:17:38 15 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Signed up for games pass in prep for the X so pretty much the only thing Iím playing at the moment is Forza Horizon 4 and Genshin Impact (on an iPad as wifey stole my old gaming rig for wow).
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.