Following What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 179

• jonathanlealand 5 Jan 2021 21:15:33 129 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @DrStrangelove I personally find the side missions in 3 are much better written than the main campaign story, which is never anything but abysmal.

Iíve toyed with the idea of playing BL2 again, this time in VR, but I suspect that as much as it would be a delight to return to peak BL writing, the inferior gunplay and lack of recent QOL features would be tough to stomach.

Edited by jonathanlealand at 21:17:33 05-01-2021
  • DrStrangelove 6 Jan 2021 07:53:04 15,371 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @jonathanlealand

Side missions are definitely better. I wouldn't call the main story writing abysmal--I've seen worse--but still it's pretty bad.

As for going back, I once tried to give TPS another go (which is the same as BL2 in terms of gunplay and QoL) and hell it was rough. Guns felt extremely plasticky and unsatisfying, and the old way of buying ammo... oh my God. I don't think I can ever go back.
  • Nanocrystal 6 Jan 2021 09:43:52 2,309 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've tried playing TPS twice now and just... can't get on with it somehow.
  • JoeBlade 8 Jan 2021 20:11:50 5,713 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Cyberpunk 2077
    Playing on PC so put his in perspective but... I'm having a whale of a time with this game. It triggers all the RPG elements the right way and I absolutely adore the setting.
    Yes it has warts and moles. I don't care, it is FUN.

Anno 1800
    Got that off the EGS sale and it's a breather after the two previous futuristic Anno installments; a return to form really. It's absolutely gorgeous to boot.

Endless Space 2
    Still my favourite 4X to date, even above the also very loved Civ 6. Can't wait for Humankind.
  • roflstomp1967 8 Jan 2021 23:45:24 1 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 2 weeks ago
    Diablo III: Eternal Collection - Xbox One

Overwatch (as ever) - Xbox One

The chaos and action in these games is out of control. Currently in Act III of D3:EC. Thought I was kicking butt until I saw someone beat this entire game in an hour or so...
  • Malek86 10 Jan 2021 09:24:16 11,529 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Had to drop Hexen 2 after a bug ruined my save. Well, it wasn't that fun anwyay. Just as tedious as I remembered it.

I've moved on to FEAR 2. This definitely feels different from the original. But seems good enough still.
  • dfunked09 10 Jan 2021 09:57:49 1,451 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Persona 5 Royals

I thought it might be a bit too soon after my P4G playthrough, but I'm definitely ready for this. Obviously all very familiar as I've already played P5 at launch, but enough new stuff to keep it fresh. The presentation is just perfection.

Aside from that just the occasional dip into Destiny 2 to get the last few triumphs for the seasonal title and farm a couple of things.
  • GNS1991 11 Jan 2021 08:34:13 50 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 weeks ago
    Spider-Man GOTY edition (PS4). Started yesterday, played a couple of hours. So far, looks good, although, have to have practice with web-slinging, but I can see how this activity might not get boring any time soon.
  • Blakester 11 Jan 2021 11:22:57 5,179 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I think I've bitten off way more than I can chew.

I'm 17 hours into Assassins Creed Valhalla (PS5), 15 hours into Cyberpunk (PC)and at least 30 hours into Days Gone (PS5). Dabbled a bit with Hades and have only really scratched the surface on Demon's Souls.

I'm enjoying all of them, but probably need to commit to one and just get it finished.
  • Decap 12 Jan 2021 21:02:16 155 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    After Days gone and God of war I need something new to play on my PS5. What are your opinions on Persona 5? (I have played Persona 4 before, it was fun but started to get repetitive after x hours). And those games have that japanese quirkiness to them..

Others I'm thinking of are: Ghost of tsushima and Red Dead Redemption 2, which one do you prefer and why?

So yeah basically I need something to sink a lot of hours into as I have some free time coming up. =p
  • jonathanlealand 15 Jan 2021 22:57:29 129 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Risk of rain 1 & 2

Anyone else play something they kind of hate hate but... cant stop playing? This game is so annoying! The number of times Iíve failed to spot the teleporter in time and just gotten murdered followed by an inevitable rage quit... But I just keep coming back. Love the music.
  • Mola_Ram 15 Jan 2021 23:02:09 25,155 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I used to have issues spotting the teleporter in #2, until I realised that it has sparkly lights around it that you can see from miles away.
  • whatthefu 15 Jan 2021 23:08:37 1,336 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I was playing Immortals Fenyx Rising till I came across the unfortunate bug that prevents progress in the story during a hero quest given by Athena.
    I've completed every other available part of the game now so I have to wait till Ubisoft patch this part and apparently they aren't in a hurry.

Good game otherwise though.
  • Gibroon 15 Jan 2021 23:17:47 2,397 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Decap

Ghost is great and will be silky smooth and will look lovely and is a good 60+ hours. Far more accessible than red dead.
  • Armoured_Bear 15 Jan 2021 23:42:34 29,481 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Decap wrote:
    After Days gone and God of war I need something new to play on my PS5. What are your opinions on Persona 5? (I have played Persona 4 before, it was fun but started to get repetitive after x hours). And those games have that japanese quirkiness to them..

Others I'm thinking of are: Ghost of tsushima and Red Dead Redemption 2, which one do you prefer and why?

So yeah basically I need something to sink a lot of hours into as I have some free time coming up. =p
    Persona 5 is amazing, easily one of last genís best but is very long and very Japanese ( a plus for me but probably not for you). However, you can get it for buttons now so worth a go.
  • jonathanlealand 15 Jan 2021 23:46:18 129 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Mola_Ram Iíll keep an eye out for sparkly lights then!
  • dfunked09 15 Jan 2021 23:53:35 1,451 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Persona 5 is great (my game of the year, in the same year as BotW!)

It's not a game that I'd really recommend to anybody. If you're talking to someone who wants to spend 100 hours doing Japanese high school drama stuff with turn based combat in between, then recommend away.
    I can probably count on one hand the people I've met in real life that fit that bill.

It's fucking great, though!

Edited by dfunked09 at 00:16:10 16-01-2021
  • Rogueywon 16 Jan 2021 00:13:05 10,695 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @dfunked09 Yep, P5:Royal was my game of the generation, narrowly beating out... erm... P5. It's fantastic.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 16 Jan 2021 01:30:15 16,065 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    A moment of darkness and weakness in my financial and virally imposed gaming drought - Iíve been browsing the App Store looking at RPGs, dungeon crawlers and card battlers.

My blanket microtransaction boycott has held true so far. Also they almost all look shite and I think playing Icewind Dale on a phone would send me blind trying to keep track of all the wee figures on the small screen.
  • dfunked09 16 Jan 2021 08:34:42 1,451 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    @Rogueywon
    I'm enjoying it, but really have to be in the mood to play it. I've been skipping a lot of text that I vaguely remember from P5.
    I also seem to be playing with a few tabs permanently open on my phone - confidant guide, quiz answers and will seeds if I'm in a palace.

Some of the changes are great. Just played a few games of darts to level up baton pass which is going to be handy!
  • Darth_Flibble 16 Jan 2021 08:42:18 4,815 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Dead Rising (xbox one)

Its now on Games with gold, real shame Capcom didn't improve some of the very dated aspects of the first game. the game is not a remake (as think it is) or even a proper remaster. Its a 1080p port, so far they have added multiple save slots. Otis is annoying twat as he screams how rude you are if you get attacked while on walkie with him and has to been the chat again. Frank controls badly and his face looks wrong. All the other major characters in the game look good still for 15 year old game. Capcom does cheap ports all the time but put a bit more effort in.

I do have a lot of good memories of the game as its amazing back in the day on 360 and the reason I got a 360. Also shame how capcom killed the series with the shitty 4th game (the gamers they were trying to appeal to, said "naaah, bored now"
  • Malek86 16 Jan 2021 08:43:24 11,529 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    When I'm done with FEAR 2 (a better-than-average shooter given the average of the time, but not a patch on the first game) maybe I'm going to give Stalker another chance.

It's been centuries since I last tried it. At the time I thought it would be Oblivion with guns. Of course it was not, so I couldn't get far. Nowadays I could probably appreciate it more.
  • monsieur-Cosmo 16 Jan 2021 08:50:44 626 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    Dead Rising (xbox one)
    Also shame how capcom killed the series with the shitty 4th game (the gamers they were trying to appeal to, said "naaah, bored now"
    Ban please.
    Seriously 4th is my most favorite, with 3rd at close second. I once tried the 2nd one and couldn't stand it. Horses for courses I guess.
    /shrug
  • Darth_Flibble 16 Jan 2021 08:58:16 4,815 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    monsieur-Cosmo wrote:
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    Dead Rising (xbox one)
    Also shame how capcom killed the series with the shitty 4th game (the gamers they were trying to appeal to, said "naaah, bored now"
    Ban please.
    Seriously 4th is my most favorite, with 3rd at close second. I once tried the 2nd one and couldn't stand it. Horses for courses I guess.
    /shrug
    No, No, Ban for you ;)

The 3rd game felt like a good attempt to please everyone but it was not enough for some. Also I saw a good YT video on how rushed DR4 was as MS needed a Christmas console exclusive and it shows.

I have played it since 2016 and the stuff they added still didn't make it good imo (of course)
  • Graxlar_v3 16 Jan 2021 09:10:29 10,806 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I have a few games on the go atm, I am struggling to stick with 1 right nos

Crosscode - enjoying what I have played so far, about 2 hours in
    MHW - started again on PC, just need to rush through to icebourne as I never got round to if on console
    Curse of the dead gods - fun little rogue like, not as tight as hades but a lot of fun none the same
    Dragonball fighter z I am getting an itch for some fighting games and DBFZ (IMO) is still right at the top
  • Malek86 16 Jan 2021 10:08:57 11,529 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I had some fun with DR4, but it's pretty much Dead Rising Musou.

The third game was better and more ambitious, shame performance was so rough.
  • LockeTribal 16 Jan 2021 10:30:35 4,729 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Couple of games iny the go recently. FF7R when I can get at the PS4 and Iconoclasts on the Vita.

I'm loving FF7R while at the same time understanding people's gripes with the combat. It was going to be difficult marrying turn based and real-time and it's ended up as neither one thing nor the other but can be great when it works. Only as far as the sector 5 slums (chapter 8) bit I'm enjoying what I think they're doing with the story so far.

Iconoclasts is... fine. Engaging enough to play but the story isn't doing anything for me.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.