Following What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 186

• DUFFMAN5 13 Feb 2021 11:24:23 26,509 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Several on the go still and about to start Need for Speed Hot Pursuit. I loved it on ps2 and it was only £17.

So:
    Xbox
    Hot Pursuit (today)

Fallout 4 goty: lvl 11
    Mass Effect 4: lvl 10

Not Played either in about a week, mainly as I have hardly played games and when I do I end up on Gears 3.

Ps4
    Borderlands TPS: lvl 8 Aurelia, Hammerlock's sister, she has great frost damage. I have completed on xbox years ago as Claptrap.
    Ghost Recon.
    Control, not played for weeks/months though.
  • Malek86 14 Feb 2021 07:50:02 11,670 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Got Adera for free and now I'm playing it... about eight years too late.

I remember it got some billing for being featured as one of the launch games on Windows 8. This must have been quite high-budget for an hidden object game by 2012 standards, and the hidden object part is seldom seen in favor of a larger variety of puzzles. Nowadays it obviously looks dated. But it still has some things that regular mobile HOG can't boast (lots of voice acting, 360 degrees screens, and CG characters that don't look like cardboard cutouts).
  • Rodney 14 Feb 2021 13:25:08 4,903 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Red Dead Redemption 2.

Iím really liking it but getting a bit frustrated with some elements. Like money (or lack there of). I just canít work out how to make any decent money.

If you rob a chain your bounty exceeds the value of what you can take.
  • DUFFMAN5 14 Feb 2021 13:28:33 26,509 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Rodney
    I have heard there is good money to be made at the Docks...
  • dfunked09 14 Feb 2021 17:37:06 1,613 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    13 Sentinels - bit of a slow paced start getting through seemingly endless prologues with some combat sprinkled in between. Very nearly sacked it off, but I'm enjoying it more the more I play.
    You can tell it's the same people that made Dragon's Crown the moment you see the nurse :D

Also picked up Destiny 2 yet again, even though I swore I'd skip this season. This must be what crack addicts feel like...
  • Zippity-zap 14 Feb 2021 19:57:25 610 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    jonathanlealand wrote:
    Rogue-likes, basically!

Has anyone tried playing Undermine yet? That one looks decent.
    I can confirm that Undermine is a little gem.

A few others that may have slipped under the radar (both ď-likeĒ and ď-liteĒ) :

Caveblazers - 2D, side-on dungeon crawler. Hard, but really fun, with great level randomisation and emergent chaos.

Crown Trick- Very slick traditional rogue-like in a shiny, modern costume.

Flinthook- Top little rogue-lite platformer.

One Step From Eden - Brutal, insane grid battler. But wonderful. Will cause nose bleeds and diarrhoea.

Children of Morta - One of the best top-down action dungeon crawlers, with a lovely little narrative to boot.

Ape Out - More arcade game than rogue-lite, but with constantly randomised levels, and a reactive jazz drum soundtrack that melts ears.

Void Bastards- Fantastic sci-fi rogue-like FPS, that sadly tries to be too funny all the time.

Heroes of Hammerwatch: Ultimate Edition - This one is the very definition of a hidden gem. Excellent top-down dungeon crawler with heaps of content.

Streets of Rogue - Top-down rogue-like chaos sandbox. Excellent, but insanely difficult.

Dicey Dungeons - If you like Slay the Spire, this one comes highly recommended.

Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate - A very traditional rogue-like, but with a wonderful array of cool ideas and mechanics. One of my favourites, despite the ridiculously long title.
  • StixxUK 14 Feb 2021 20:20:55 8,555 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    For some reason I can't stop playing the original Dark Souls... There's something about that world map that is just fire in a bottle.

Got a sorceror build on the go on Switch, and a big chunky greatsword-wielder on the PC. Sorceror is surprisingly boring/easy, STR build is probably my favourite.
  • Tzit 15 Feb 2021 05:57:42 11 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 weeks ago
    Final Fantasy XV
    I think I can play it for a very long time
  • Graxlar_v3 15 Feb 2021 07:14:18 10,848 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just finished ff4 for the first time and it has made we really want to play ff6 again so...

Ff14 still just messing around with the gathering classes
    Ff6 about an hour in on pc.... the sprites are weird but the game is excellent as ever.
  • Pipedream 15 Feb 2021 08:01:21 606 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm not going to have the internet for a couple of weeks so bought Borderlands:Handsome Collection on the Switch.

Playing through the first one and completed the Dr.Ned expansion. Maybe it's because I haven't played a shooter for years but I'm really enjoying it.
  • JoeBlade 15 Feb 2021 08:10:33 5,865 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Pipedream wrote:
    I'm not going to have the internet for a couple of weeks
    What? Are you on a mission to Mars? There's internet two kilometers below the south pole nowadays!
  • retro74 15 Feb 2021 10:20:51 3,605 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Still playing Horizon Zero Dawn, despite it's multitude of faults it's really enjoyable

Must have clocked close to 60 hours as I've done everything available in terms of side quests etc - I assume it's just the last few main missions remaining now
  • addybV3 15 Feb 2021 12:41:46 104 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Been faffing with a modded ps3 so dabbled with some GT6, Motorstorm and resistance 3.

Patapon on the vita
    Just started P5 Royal on the PS5. I do not expect to finish it.
  • jonathanlealand 15 Feb 2021 18:55:11 143 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Zippity-zap Nice one, quite a few Iíve not heard of there. Iíve got Void Bastards but havenít touched it yet. Something about the look of Dicey Dungeons put me off but if itís anything like Slay the Spire Iím sure Iíd love it.
  • jonathanlealand 15 Feb 2021 18:58:06 143 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Just finished ff4 for the first time and it has made we really want to play ff6 again so...

Ff6 about an hour in on pc.... the sprites are weird but the game is excellent as ever.
    Iíve never played an MMORPG before, let alone FF14. Iím burned out on looter shooter Ďservice;í games like Destiny though and wonder if this would scratch a similar itch in terms of the community and persistence world feel while feeling like a fresh experience.
  • addybV3 15 Feb 2021 19:07:30 104 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    @jonathanlealand

It did initially put me off as well. I bought it anyway and really enjoyed it.
  • Pipedream 15 Feb 2021 19:08:36 606 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    JoeBlade wrote:
    Pipedream wrote:
    What? Are you on a mission to Mars? There's internet two kilometers below the south pole nowadays!
    Moving into a new flat that has nothing set up and is in the middle of nowhere. May as well be Mars, Iíd probably get better connection than what Iím expecting here.
  • Pipedream 15 Feb 2021 19:08:36 606 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    JoeBlade wrote:
    Pipedream wrote:
    Moving into a new flat that has nothing set up and is in the middle of nowhere. May as well be Mars, Iíd probably get better connection than what Iím expecting here.
  • Graxlar_v3 15 Feb 2021 19:21:00 10,848 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    jonathanlealand wrote:
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:

Iíve never played an MMORPG before, let alone FF14. Iím burned out on looter shooter Ďservice;í games like Destiny though and wonder if this would scratch a similar itch in terms of the community and persistence world feel while feeling like a fresh experience.
    A lot of ff14 is solo to be honest, with dungeons/trials and raids that have other people in a group. There are usually a lot of other people in world, but mostly they will go abouts on their on their own.
  • Matt_B 16 Feb 2021 11:33:31 494 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I've started playing Vermintide 2 again. I've put a couple hundred hours into it on the PC. I've decided to level up a couple of characters that I never normally play. Its still a bit janky with pointless loot and a mess of stats that I don't fully understand. Fat Shark also break as much as they fix with thier patches.
    The gameplay loop is good fun and I don't seem to get bored playing it. Looking forward to thier 40k game when that comes out but if it's anything like V1 and V2 it'll never be finished.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 16 Feb 2021 17:01:52 16,375 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    New Blasphemous DLC incoming with new maps, boss runs etc

The last one was only accessible in New Game+ so I guess Iíll have to get this replayed as well.

Back-up your saves kids.
  • robthehermit 16 Feb 2021 17:12:57 8,234 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Currently enjoying pootling around in State of Decay 2.
  • JoeBlade 16 Feb 2021 21:27:18 5,865 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Splurged slightly on the Steam sale. I've shown some restraint still and I've barely bought any games for quite a while before that so I don't feel guilty.

Highlights: The Witness, Gorogoa, Far Cry 4, Dead Space 3 and Banished. I'm particularly looking forward to the first two; I like me some good puzzlers, esp. when they are as original and aesthetically pleasing as those two look.
  • Darth_Flibble 17 Feb 2021 07:52:44 4,927 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Played some more Wasteland 3, its really good but so damn buggy. Latest bug, killed a robot in a bunker and some of my squad was stuck in battle where the rest where free to move. Had to reload. Have to save after everything you do as constant crashes on xbox

Got back in superhot mind control delete after getting stuck. Must be near the end now
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 20 Feb 2021 09:19:18 16,375 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    spookyxelectric wrote:
    Tekken 7 is very easy to pick up and play, but can get very technical if you eventually want to get competitive with it. It's had loads of Season Passes with added characters, which could be either a good thing or a turn off.
    The base game is currently £3.99 and Ultimate Edition £14.99 on the PSN Store
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 20 Feb 2021 09:22:26 16,375 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Considering how little content the season passes have they look pretty overpriced. And even Ultimate Edition isnít the complete package.

At least it doesnít appear to have a mobile game economy or loot boxes I suppose.
  • richardiox 20 Feb 2021 09:25:15 9,519 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Still playing Last of Us 2 and honestly it feels like it's never going to end. Just want to get it ticked off at this point.

Also dabbling with Control, loving the 60fps on PS5
  • Drakesmoke 20 Feb 2021 09:27:33 750 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No idea what to play. Got Assassins' Creed Origins and Odyssey cheap on my One X and spent a few weeks on the first. Enjoyed it and started Odyssey but after a few hours realised I needed a break from the Creed.

Started RDR2 which I've had since release and never got past the first town. Well it's happened again. Love the atmosphere, graphics, acting, everything like that but the thing is just laborious to play and I'm not in the mindset to feel like my gaming is a job.

Randomly did a play through of Titanfall 2 campaign, which is wonderful but done in a couple of days.

Thought, 'right, need something snappier and more action orientated'. Figure I'll finally play Gears 5 properly on Gamepass. Needs an update. FFS. Right, Jedi Fallen Order or whatever it is called. Same. FFS.

Had ten minutes on Rage 2, wasn't impressed.

Will try Gears 5 today and hope it holds my attention.
  • QuickWithKnives 20 Feb 2021 11:17:53 126 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    Iím mainly playing Elite: Dangerous at the moment; really enjoying it as a chillout game, as I play in solo mode and currently avoid all combat missions.

Iím also partway through Skyrim, Pillars of Eternity and various others that have taken a major backseat like ME: Andromeda, Rory McIlroy golf, Forza Horizons, too many to mention...
  • CowsMakeNoise 20 Feb 2021 12:54:02 127 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Drakesmoke Rage 2 is the definition of meh, really disappointing. I liked the first but struggled to get any interest in it. Also, itís the glitchiest game I have played since Dark Messiah of Might and Magic on the 360.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.