Following What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 187

Next Last
  • PierrePressure 20 Feb 2021 17:19:33 1,309 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Control - seems to polarise and I was close to binning it off but after some of the abilities unlock it really is a great game.

No idea what they were thinking with that map though, would be nice to unlock an arrow indicator but it's a small quibble in what is turning out to be a huge surprise.

Added bonus of getting it on plus/ps5.
  • Nitrous 20 Feb 2021 22:31:04 2,212 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Looking through my PS4 games and decided I'd give Dying Light another chance. Must have deleted my game save but discovered a story mode difficulty. Must have been patched in and so far so good.

Was constantly annoyed with the game and its combat system before as I felt like my character was unfit when trying to deal with just 1 or 2 zombies. That and the controls feel a little clunky so put kick on R3 rather than the left trigger. If i could move jump to X I'd probably find it a little easier.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 22 Feb 2021 19:59:08 16,375 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Divinity Original Sin 2
    Still plugging away and having fun with it

Tekken 7
    After years of mostly playing wrestling not fighting games its a big awkward not constantly going for grapples and now having to combo instead. The season pass structure seems like overpriced nonsense but digging the base game.

Spelunky 2
    Using this as a pick and play on breaks while working from home now I’ve got the house to myself. Its a lot of fun.
  • Armoured_Bear 23 Feb 2021 10:34:39 29,798 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've been dipping in and out of lots of stuff on the various consoles.

PS5

Demon's Souls - seems like a perfect remake so far, gorgeous.
    Control - Only an hour or so in, not sure what to make of it so far.
    Dragon Quest XI - Loving it so far, only an hour in, I made the mistake of comparing it with the Gamepass Xbox version and now either miss the better visuals or better music depending on which one :(

XBox Series X

Quantum Break - Only just finished Chapter 1, combat too chaotic as I'm shit but very much enjoying the story, premise and voice acting

DIshonored 2 - Just got off the ship so early doors but it looks lovely and I'm hoping to get into the stealth big time.

The Surge 2 - Not sure if I'll continue with this, it's reasonably well done but can't match the Demon's Souls remake and I have Sekiro still to play too.

RE7- Just dipping in and out of this, Jack's an annoying prick.

Nintendo Switch

SMG 64 - Lovely as ever
    SM3DW - Just started, hopefully will get and beat that bastard hard final world this time. Bowser's Furys seems cool so far.
    SMO - Replaying this as save got lost when Switch was pinched, IMO it's the best controlling Mario game and still brilliant.
    BOTW - Ditto, still my GOAT, pretty much perfection.
    Astral Chain - think this will get abandoned, looks pretty and combat is ok but the talk to 10 people type stuff is utterly boring.

Edited by Armoured_Bear at 10:35:02 23-02-2021
  • Dombat 23 Feb 2021 13:59:22 1,900 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Witcher 3 (PS4 version on PS5): cleared all the lower level quests I’ve found and currently working my way through the main story in Novigrad. Still enjoy this a lot.

WRC9 (PS5): getting really into this now I’ve reached WRC2 as the car I’m now driving seems to handle better on top of being faster. I’ve got a lot of value out of this considering it was an impulse buy at £25 or whatever when the console launched.

Cyberpunk 2077 (PC): this was my main game a few weeks ago but I’ve lost a bit of momentum with it. Looking to focus more on the main story soon to wrap up this playthrough. I’ll have another run when the game is in better shape, with a different character build.
  • Britesparc 23 Feb 2021 14:55:06 2,238 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Since the 1.5 update dropped on console, my wife's gotten back on the Stardew Valley wagon. But now she can rope me into split-screen co-op, that's every night for me.

On the one hand, it's lovely, and on the other, I'd kinda like to play something else some nights!
  • Ultrasoundwave 24 Feb 2021 11:14:14 6,280 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Can’t find the specific thread for the game anywhere, but after the Digital Foundry article yesterday I decided to restart Ghost Recon Breakpoint on the PS5, having not touched it pretty much since launch.

The only thing I can say is......holy fuck.

All the annoying shit that people hated (loot progression, live service main hubs, etc) has all been removed (or more accurately, it gives you the option to remove them) and the game feels like a true sequel to Wildlands now, which I’m extremely happy about.

They’ve added so many customisation options so you can tailor the game to how you want to play and, honestly, it’s sublime - I’ve basically configured the game to be a “single-player 3rd person survivor shooter”, playing on “realism mode” with extra difficulty, but it could just as easily be a “four-player co-op looter shooter” with just a few options changed in the menu.

The 60fps is just a cherry on top at this point - I’m genuinely shocked how much they’ve improved this game from the state it was in at launch.

Ubisoft get a lot of shit, deservedly so, but as far as Breakpoint goes I can only offer applause.....great job.
  • Killerbee 24 Feb 2021 12:24:14 5,080 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I’ve been playing a fair bit of Destruction Allstars which is very enjoyable in gameplay terms.

But I think it’s lacking it long term goals. I’ve basically collected all the trophies bar the “50 wins online” and the character specific challenges, some of which seem to be totally based on luck.

Getting 3 stars on the “story” challenges was good fun, but the game really needs much much more of that, and it’s a shame they put further challenge sets behind a paywall. If nothing else, they help bring the characters to life a bit - something otherwise totally lacking in the game.

But the biggest shame is that I’ve accumulated a decent amount of the basic in game currency but there’s next to nothing worth spending it on. Banners and Avatars have vast amounts to unlock, but they’re all pretty bland and meaningless. I’d rather show off the ones I’ve earned from doing challenges.

And skins being little more than colour swaps... meh.

There’s still potential there and the game is good fun to play, with plenty of diversity in the characters and their special abilities, but I fear numbers are going to drop like a stone soon because of a lack of incentives to keep playing and levelling up.
  • Bichii 24 Feb 2021 12:28:44 4,303 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hades

Good stuff but way too reliant on luck to how much fun your run is and how difficult it will be. I loved all the characters and story stuff for about the first 25 runs. Elysium? is just annoying every single run. It's also far harder than the region after it. At least I find the double boss pretty easy now after nearly rage quiting over them. I think I beat them on 5th try and by that point I was fucking sick and tired of the areas before them.
  • beastmaster 24 Feb 2021 13:53:23 21,931 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Back on Assassin's Creed: Valhalla after 192 hours to complete the lot.

Playing the River Raid free DLC and it's fine. Not as hooked on this as I was main game but not really got into it yet. There's a bit of crew management and some new locations, armour and skills.

Although I'm itching to give it a go when I finish work later.
  • DUFFMAN5 24 Feb 2021 14:47:30 26,509 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @beastmaster
    Played an hour or so of the Raids this morning, as you say it is fine. Only 25 hours in on main game, skill lvl 69. I also played about an hour of Syndicate on ps4 (completed on xbox upon release) still love this game. I don't think it got the praise it deserved after Unity...which I also loved!
  • Nitrous 24 Feb 2021 15:43:38 2,212 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave hmm tell me more. How does it work in single player? Any sort of story to tie it all together? Played Wildlands on the Xbox with a mate which made that more fun although a little repetitive after awhile.
  • Ultrasoundwave 24 Feb 2021 17:25:41 6,280 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nitrous wrote:
    @Ultrasoundwave hmm tell me more. How does it work in single player? Any sort of story to tie it all together? Played Wildlands on the Xbox with a mate which made that more fun although a little repetitive after awhile.
    It still has the same story as before, plus side missions....also they’ve added a load of content in the time since launch. The campaign is now split into three “episodes”, with the initial campaign that was there at launch now just being Episode 1.

I’m still very early into the game, only two or three hours, but it seems that to fix Breakpoint they’ve basically reverted it back to Wildlands....which I’m personally ok with.
  • Next Last
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.