Following What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 189

• JoeBlade 8 Mar 2021 17:37:21 6,031 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Dishounored 2

I'm having a whale of a time with this game. Again.

I've said this and I will say this again: you are an assassin. You murderize people, ideally in the most creative ways possible. That's just what you do.
    My Emily Kaldwin is an absolute monster and I love it. Screw the bloody chaos system.

Amazeballs out of ten
  • andytheadequate 8 Mar 2021 18:29:20 9,544 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The chaos system is such a stupid idea in games like that. Why punish the player from playing the game the way it was designed? I remember enjoying Deus Ex HR much more when I gave up on a pure stealth play through and started mixing in some of the other gadgets as well.
  • Graxlar_v3 8 Mar 2021 18:41:54 10,948 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ff14 still... nothing going to change much this year
    FF6 & FF8 about 8-10 hours in on both
  • Armoured_Bear 8 Mar 2021 18:43:02 30,322 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JoeBlade wrote:
    Dishounored 2

I'm having a whale of a time with this game. Again.

I've said this and I will say this again: you are an assassin. You murderize people, ideally in the most creative ways possible. That's just what you do.
    My Emily Kaldwin is an absolute monster and I love it. Screw the bloody chaos system.

Amazeballs out of ten
    I'm still early on and was doing mostly no. lethal but last night had to kill a few Mfers with darts.
  • PierrePressure 8 Mar 2021 19:37:56 1,395 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Ghost of Tsushima.

It's a bit good. Looks absolutely incredible on PS5.

What did people not like about it? Followed the sandbox template a bit too closely?

Just love the setting.
  • Dombat 8 Mar 2021 20:04:31 1,913 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think Ghost of Tsushima got knocked for being too much like a generic Ubisoft game. Except that itís arguably better than the typical Ubisoft open world game in pretty much all departments.

Some of the minor world objectives get a bit samey but that was my only real criticism of the game. Even The Witcher 3 has that problem and you can ignore stuff like that anyway.
  • JoeBlade 8 Mar 2021 20:17:27 6,031 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Oxygen Not Included

I absolutely love Klei and this is my go to 'chill out' game. It's actually pretty stressful in that it has a very high degree of micro management. Yet at the same time it ticks the right boxes.

Either way, phenomenal game.

Top marks out of whatever
  • wuntyate 9 Mar 2021 10:01:35 16,932 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Division 2 & Days Gone

I've become obsessed with clearing the daily and weekly projects in The Division 2 now. Can't stop playing the bloody thing. All to get another nondescript backpack or gun to drop. My god it's addictive though.

I think I'm nearing the final section of Days Gone, just about to start the mission that will lock me out the bottom half of the map, so I can guess what way it's going to go. Like most games of this size, I took a break mid way through but powering to the end now. I know i'm probably in the minority, but I've really enjoyed it. Looks and plays so nice on the PS5 as well.
  • KujiGhost 9 Mar 2021 10:08:36 416 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Picked up Pacer on the Xbox this morning. Been out for a few months on PS4/5 and PC, but just out on Xbox. Really captures that WipEout aesthetic and feel, and plays great. Great little AA-title and well worth a look. 4K60 to boot.

Edited by KujiGhost at 10:17:58 09-03-2021
  • Nitrous 9 Mar 2021 10:32:55 2,259 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Speaking of WipEout it looks and plays amazingly well on the PS5. DF took a look at it a few years ago and said "With motion blur enabled, the Omega Collection defaults to a 2160p checkerboard presentation. However, turn off the effect and WipEout moves to a full, native 4K output".
  • KujiGhost 9 Mar 2021 10:34:43 416 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'll grab a PS5 down the line once it's cheaper (and smaller!). Playing Pacer on the Series X sounds like a similar experience though, judging from my short playtest this morning.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 10 Mar 2021 08:53:26 17,421 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Iím happy that Pacer is getting a positive reception. It feels like its release passed by without much fanfare when its basically the full WipEout sequel that Sony denied us for a generation
  • Ultrasoundwave 10 Mar 2021 10:30:34 6,360 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Watch Dogs

Got bored with Legion but was definitely in a hacking mood, so have gone back to the first one. It holds up surprisingly well and runs really well on Series X, also the auto HDR looks lovely. Itís not the best game ever made, but itís definitely better than people remember.

Gears Tactics
    Put it aside a while back after getting halfway through chapter 2, recently picked it up again - itís so, so good. Refined gameplay and truly excellent customisation, Iím having an absolute blast with it.
  • KujiGhost 10 Mar 2021 11:26:22 416 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @simpleexplodingmaybe I'm telling anyone who'll listen to get on it. It plays so well, and induces a sense of flow matched only by WipEout.
  • SnackPlissken 12 Mar 2021 11:51:18 3,167 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm sure we all go through this.. what to play next when you have a huge backlog.

Dragon Quest XII: S
    Control Ultimate
    Pikmin 3 Deluxe
    Evil Within 2
    Bravely Second
    Fantasy Life

Kind of tempted by Dragon Quest but its an investment for 50-70 hours.. Or maybe just go through Control Ultimate.
  • StaffyDog 12 Mar 2021 12:24:23 1,734 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    MORTAL SHELL

Didn't know this game existed until I saw the Enhanced edition on ps5. As a souls fan this is brilliant and since started playing I can't put it down. Combat has never felt meatier with the haptic feedback and the sound is excellent.
  • Nitrous 12 Mar 2021 22:01:06 2,259 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Control on PS5.

Excellent fun, looks great and plays well as you'd expect. It stops being fun when it says go to xyz. At this point in any game you'd simply follow a marker or something highlighted. Not in control you don't. No what you do is look online becuase the map in this game is awful with no clear indication as to the place you are looking for is above or below your current location. Gets a bit frustrating when you can see where you need to go but don't see a way forward.
  • Rum_Monkey 12 Mar 2021 22:11:37 2,666 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Started Hollow Knight after putting it off for ages. I'm hooked already.
  • wuntyate 12 Mar 2021 23:36:11 16,932 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Rum_Monkey it's immense. The soundtrack is fantastic as well. Wait till you hear greenpath.

Edited by wuntyate at 23:36:22 12-03-2021
  • JoelStinty 13 Mar 2021 08:47:00 9,414 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Really is a good game. I have had a hankering to replay it recently. But I know as soon as I do Silksong will be released.

You lot are thinking, get on with it already!
  • Tomo 13 Mar 2021 08:55:00 19,292 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I am absolutely dying to play Silksong. Haven't been so excited for a game in a longggg time. Have thought about playing HK again, but it was all about the discovery for me and I just don't think the magic will be the same.
  • Tomo 13 Mar 2021 08:55:56 19,292 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Oh and obligatory follow-up to any HK fans: play Rain World
  • Trafford 13 Mar 2021 08:58:15 9,201 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    More plaudits...Hollow Knight is on my digital pile of shame.

That damn pigwhip thing is stopping me from giving it a whirl this weekend.
  • Rum_Monkey 13 Mar 2021 09:43:38 2,666 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Things are starting to click for me with it now, just beat hornet which was a test compared to the others.

Had to send myself to bed at 2am otherwise I'd have been on it all night.
  • Dombat 13 Mar 2021 10:45:46 1,913 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SnackPlissken wrote:
    I'm sure we all go through this.. what to play next when you have a huge backlog.
    Iíve decided the next game Iím going to start is Persona 5 Royal. I have a lot of leave coming up the next couple of weeks so now is as good a time as any! Plus Iíve been in a JRPG mood of late.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 13 Mar 2021 10:58:06 17,421 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Currently on

Deus Ex Mankind Divided - super cheap on the PSN sale right now. Not sure why I hadnít played this already when Iím a big fan of the other games. Nice to be playing something quite linear and narrative focussed too.

Divinity Original Sin 2 - passed the 40 hour mark but starting to lose momentum. The gameplay is a lot of fun but the way quests are recorded and objectives set in your journal is quite vague so it can feel a bit directionless at times now.

Journey - remains the ultimate destresser. Iíve had five playthroughs in the last few days.

Spelunky 2 - Basically more Spelunky but very fun and lovely pick up and play quick hit of gaming.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.