Following What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 192

• Graxlar_v3 4 Apr 2021 17:56:26 10,934 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ff14: weeklies atm having finally got around to doing everything (not savage or ultimate) in game. Looking forward to the next patch on the 12th.

Monster Hunter rise: working through this slowly 1 or 2 hunts a day

Outriders: playing co op on pc and going a bit slower on Xbox so I can take in the story

Nier automata (with replicant out on 23rd I felt an urge to replay) - still very very good

FANTASIAN - if Apple Arcade keep getting games this good, I can see me subscribing proper. I have a mobile controller coming tomorrow but so far, I would say I enjoyed this more than braverly default 2

Oh and ff6, just got to world of ruin... very much my favourite RPG still

Edited by Graxlar_v3 at 18:01:12 04-04-2021
  • richyroo 5 Apr 2021 10:05:40 559 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yakuza: Like a Dragon. (PS5)

Enjoying this immensely. Great plot with an excellent cast of characters. The English voice actors are superb and there is some great banter and camaraderie between team mates.

The turn based combat is excellent, the job system which lets you develop your characters in a play style of your choosing is also very well done.

Some of the actions in battle range from plain attacks, to summoning a giant diaper wearing man who screams the house down to attack your foes. Itís all over the top fantastically great.

Never played a Yakuza game before but I thoroughly recommend this to anyone who likes turn based rpgs, a great story and fantastic characters.

Edited by richyroo at 10:07:38 05-04-2021
  • DUFFMAN5 5 Apr 2021 10:48:04 26,586 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    I had a different experience with both Gears 4 and Gears 5. Most of the times it felt like I could have simply stayed behind cover while the CPU did most of the work.
    Hi mate
    I can only assume you were not playing on insane (if it was insane, you Sir are very good), as if you did you would see how shite the A.I. "help" is.
  • Bichii 5 Apr 2021 11:18:31 4,464 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I played them on hard or what ever it was called and both were a decent challenge and both had really really annoying bits where you could be one shotted from many different enemies. Those pouncers? and the large snatchers were never anything but "oh ffs these things again".
  • Grumpyoldman72 5 Apr 2021 11:27:50 32 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Even though I'm useless at it BattleField 5 keeps me busy at the moment, playing as medic class I tend to avoid direct battle, but sneak around with smoke grenades lobbing bandages and reviving as many players as possible with that bloody great big hypodermic needle.
  • Bichii 5 Apr 2021 11:38:53 4,464 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well yeah assuming you were born in 1972 you are way way too old to be assault class now.
  • DUFFMAN5 5 Apr 2021 14:41:10 26,586 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @Bichii
    All the best people were born in 72! Alhough the Poster could be 72 I suppose :)
  • Armoured_Bear 5 Apr 2021 17:04:00 30,281 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Been playing loads of stuff, Demon's Souls on PS5, dabbling in Control and start of Sekiro, Day's Gone and Control. On Series X, Quantum Break and Dishonred 2 as well as Paper Mario and SM3DW/BF on Switch but I've settled into Dragon's Quest XI on Series X and I'm loving it, close to the perfect JRPG so far.
  • JoelStinty 5 Apr 2021 17:59:24 9,367 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've put DQXI on the side for a bit. I was enjoying it, but I think I just burnt myself out on games longer than 20 hours. Played too many open world games lately and its taking its toll. I actually don't have much inclination to go back to it right now, but suspect, and hopefully I have that push to finish it off sooner rather than later.
  • Baihu1983 5 Apr 2021 18:09:31 13,715 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Evil Within. Bought it years ago for about £6 but never got around to it then realised I had bought TEW2 cheap as well and with rumours of a 3rd being announced soon thought its best to actually play them.

Currently on C9 and enjoying it. Looks pretty ugly at times. Not sure if that's just because of when it came out? Engine? Budget? Or the Xbox One version being the weakest looking version? Be nice to get enhanced on Series X.

Boss battles have been fun but I'm not a fan of enemies with 1 move kills.... but suppose it suits this game
  • Carlo 5 Apr 2021 18:12:34 21,640 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I've gone back to Gradius II on PS1 for a spell.

Although I recognise it as Vulcan Venture.

It's fucking hard though, I'm so out of practice
  • drhickman1983 5 Apr 2021 20:38:06 7,498 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Control - started playing to see some fancy raytracing effects, kept playing due to the fun Psi-Ops style combat, engaging world building and subtle satire of bureaucracy. And actually very good voice acting.
  • Rogueywon 5 Apr 2021 23:16:03 11,357 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Lots of JRPGs for me at the moment, as the AAA space is pretty devoid of anything I'm interested in right now:

Atelier Ryza 2 (PC): Not sure whether this is really, really good or whether it's just the game that I needed right now, in the grim darkness of third lockdown. It's a very, very laid-back JRPG, which also takes all of the friction out of the gameplay. Incredibly generous fast-travel, near instantaneous loading screens and level scaling that renders combat in old areas trivial. It's a fun, low-key summer adventure, which is pretty much what I'm after right now.

Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 1 (PC): Finally made a start on this, having had it on the backlog for years. I'd heard that Tokyo Xanadu EX+, which I'd played previously, was a bit similar to this, but didn't realise "a bit similar" was code for "a virtual re-skin"

Nioh 2 (PC): Went back and did the DLC singleplayer despite saying I wouldn't. Coming to the end of the main game in co-op.

Hades (PC): Went back to this and re-ran it until I saw the credits. Have slipped into a pattern of doing a run before bed, because it's nice and quick.

Sackboy (PS5): Pushing on with this. I want to like it, but I find all the missable collectables far more stress-inducing than they have any right to be. The game would be better without them.

Edited by Rogueywon at 23:16:25 05-04-2021
  • Armoured_Bear 6 Apr 2021 07:51:42 30,281 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I tried Outriders for a bit, not my thing at all, the cringeworthy dialogue , voices and incredible slow and boring start did my head in , deleted.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 6 Apr 2021 08:04:37 17,132 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Deus Ex Mankind Divided

I thought I was facing the final boss last night but apparently not. Iíve really enjoyed this so I hope it doesnít shit the bed in its closing stages.

Spider-Man

Just had a bit of a mooch about so far but it looks and feels great. Havenít quite got the combat mastered yet but I can see it being really fluid and graceful once I do.

Disco Elysium

Only dipped my toe in but once Deus Ex is over I had been intending this to be my next main. Having Mrs and Baby Maybe home for the Easter holidays has really slowed down my available gaming time (60-90 min between 10-midnight) so I might hold off going in proper until I can get a clear run at it next week.
  • PierrePressure 6 Apr 2021 11:49:45 1,373 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Dark Souls 3

Someone recommended this after I completed Demon's Souls. I used a guide for Demon's Souls and Bloodborne which didn't diminish the feeling of completion but I've tried to go without a guide this time and I am getting my arse handed to me so often. It is VERY hard. Only just past firelink shrine too.

Got Tomb Raider 3 (the newer one) and Soulstorm now so might drop DS3.
  • Malek86 6 Apr 2021 13:13:31 11,915 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @PierrePressure yeah, Demon's Souls is one of the easiest (relatively speaking) games in the series.

And DS3 in particular feels aimed at hardcore Souls fans.
  • jonathanlealand 7 Apr 2021 20:41:27 167 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Malek86 Really? Iíve completed the other Souls games multiple times but Demons is giving me a lot of problems. Iíve gotten to the point where my weapons and stuff just do so little damage and not having bonfires is a bit of a killer.
  • jonathanlealand 7 Apr 2021 20:41:29 167 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Post deleted
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 8 Apr 2021 01:01:04 17,132 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Managed to put a few hours real play into Spiderman this evening. Obviously the new suit is really ugly so I dialled straight back to the classic design but man is this game smooth and satisfying to navigate.

Iím even enjoying collecting towers and backpacks at the moment. Maybe the novelty will wear off after a few more sessions but right now I think this might be an Ubisoft-style sandbox thatís actually fun to be around.
  • Kilters 9 Apr 2021 21:46:20 641 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Yakuza 0: I'm about 12 hours in. First time playing a Yakuza game. Loving the fact that it doesn't take itself too seriously but the plot still remains interesting. Mainly due to the characters. Combat is still a bit janky though. Button mashing still gets me through most fights. Enjoying it but not sure I'd want a further 6 games of this.

Outriders: about 2 hours in. Kinda fun. Cover is pointless. Torn whether to continue or just hop back into Destiny which is the better game.
  • X201 9 Apr 2021 21:52:07 21,553 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Read Dead Redemption 2
    98.3% complete.
    Side missions, collectibles, the lot.
    And Iíve just found out that I canít get it to 100% because of a glitch.
    The posters that start the Hunting Request missions will never appear.
  • Rum_Monkey 9 Apr 2021 22:21:24 2,512 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    The Pathless

Nice chilled out gaming with a cool style. Hopefully not a long game as it would wear thin if they stretch it out too long.
  • Nitrous 14 Apr 2021 07:19:23 2,252 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Ride 4 (PS5 version)

Purchased for £19 and its the GT/Forza of bikes games for me. It looks great and the load times are rather quick. Each loading screen has "tips" cant read them quick enough.

It feels like an improvement over Ride 3 anyway which felt floaty having gone back to it recently. Not sure the Season Pass is worth it yet, I'll wait for a sale and see what the collection of bikes and tracks are.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 14 Apr 2021 07:31:59 17,132 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rum_Monkey wrote:
    The Pathless

Nice chilled out gaming with a cool style. Hopefully not a long game as it would wear thin if they stretch it out too long.
    Howíve you been finding it?
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 14 Apr 2021 07:32:15 17,132 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rum_Monkey wrote:
    The Pathless

Howíve you been finding it?
  • Tomo 14 Apr 2021 08:44:53 19,180 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    The Evil Within. Bought it years ago for about £6 but never got around to it then realised I had bought TEW2 cheap as well and with rumours of a 3rd being announced soon thought its best to actually play them.

What rumours?! Where?
  • Rum_Monkey 14 Apr 2021 10:11:03 2,512 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @simpleexplodingmaybe I posted my thoughts in the abandoned thread the next day.

Really wasn't keen after a few hours when I realised each area is exactly the same.
  • ChaosFox 14 Apr 2021 10:15:51 36 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Going back through Child of Light on the Switch (now for the third time, having played it already on PS4 and PC), which is a wonderful game and which I had to own physically, so I bought the Child of Light/Valiant Hearts double pack. My eldest daughter is also watching me this time and loves the game.

Also rather addicted to Atari Flashback Classics on the Vita at the moment. The OLED screen really brings out the beauty of Atari's vector arcade games, and while I've always loved Asteroids and Tempest, I'm starting to really appreciate Black Widow, Gravitar and Major Havoc, which are all superb games. The absence of Battlezone for licensing reasons is glaring, but at least I have that on PS2 through Atari Anthology if need be (or through MAME on the PC).
  • Malek86 14 Apr 2021 11:57:06 11,915 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Major Havoc is glorious. I'd buy the Atari collection just for that, but not at full price obviously.

Shame about Battlezone, but one of these days I really should pick up the 360 port. It's supposed to include the original game. I also had it on the PS4 version of Battlezone Gold, but it played very differently.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.