Following What Are You Currently Playing? (V 3.0; The Re-Postening) Page 194

• Reacher 25 Apr 2021 15:40:09 3,087 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm close to 80 hours in Persona 5, but I'm only on the second palace. I put less time in The Witcher 3 than this game and I don't think I'm even close to halfway through P5
  • SnackPlissken 27 Apr 2021 14:02:07 3,199 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Decided to finally go back and complete L.A Noire. Also installed Desperados 3. Reminds me a bit of the old Commandos games which I grew up loving.
  • RedPanda87 27 Apr 2021 14:57:13 2,139 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Reacher woah, sure you didn't leave the game on ages while you were doing something else? My clock is at about 85 hours (3-5 of which will have probably been paused, as I think it counts that) and I've just finished the 5th palace. It's a massive game, but I'm surprised it's taking you that long. But yeah, I think you're well short of halfway through.
  • Reacher 27 Apr 2021 19:51:08 3,087 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @RedPanda87 Yeah, I used to leave it on in the background when I was working from home
  • Tomo 28 Apr 2021 00:17:27 19,305 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Played a couple of hours of Horizon ZD now and I'm enjoying it a lot more than I expected tbh. Looks good even on ancient PS4, world is interesting, controls are slick and the combat seems pretty fun - got a nice heft to it.
  • wuntyate 28 Apr 2021 12:30:39 16,987 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've reinstalled Rise of the Tomb Raider to pick up where I left off from a few years back. I'm really enjoying it, and I'm reminded why I had so much fun with the one that came out before it. There are a tad too many collectables for my tastes but I love all the little bits of the map to explore as the areas are incredibly dense with traversal areas and little pockets of interest dotted about.

Funny how similar it is in many ways to God of War (which I've just finished) in terms of structure, with it's hub areas, puzzles everywhere, upgrade materials and optional challenge areas etc.

Plus both protagonists are murdering psychopaths.

Narratively and in terms of combat mechanics etc GoW pisses on this. But it's great fun nonetheless, and looks amazing at times.
  • Ultrasoundwave 28 Apr 2021 12:50:27 6,364 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fell off Outriders quite hardÖ.itís got a lot of good things about it but MY GOD is it repetitive.

Currently back into the Eliminator mode in Forza Horizon, which is still excellent.

Debating starting either Wasteland 3 or Persona 5 Royal for the first timeÖ..canít decide between the two.
  • Bichii 28 Apr 2021 13:04:48 4,529 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm finding with outriders the best plan is to make it the hardest difficulty available then it's a lot of fun. Could not play it solo though as it would bore me to death.
  • PierrePressure 28 Apr 2021 13:17:00 1,400 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Back to Oddworld now DS3 is done. I've also got the tomb Raider game that was on plus to start so looking forward to that. I enjoyed both of the games that came before though a lot of people seemed to have issues with them.
  • wuntyate 28 Apr 2021 14:00:29 16,987 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @PierrePressure ah nice one, forgot I had the third one in my library.
  • dpezzer 28 Apr 2021 14:15:05 199 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've definitely got a love hate relationship with Hollow knight current play time is 40 odd hours.

I've realised my 50 year old reflexes just don't cut it any more regarding boss fights but I love the exploring aspects of it and unlocking new areas.

Currently getting my arse kicked in the city of tears by the boss that triples and bounces all over the screen while twatting you with big swords....
  • Theshape80 28 Apr 2021 19:01:50 464 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Scavengers.
    Managed to nab a early access key for steam (Twitch drops now)
    Liking it so far. The euro gamer article does a fairly good job of describing what itís about. Runs really well for a EA game aswell. It gives me vibes for the dark zone in the division but with only one extraction point. Quite hard too as Iíve only managed to extract twice (1 was first place though). Has potential.
  • Tomo 28 Apr 2021 19:06:07 19,305 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @dpezzer

Keep at it man! Explore lots and the fights will get easier with time and you level up and you subconsciously absorb what the game teaches. You got this.
  • Rum_Monkey 28 Apr 2021 19:15:28 2,689 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    What Tomo said.

I remember when I first started and came across one of the big fly guys right at the start. He wasn't even a boss and it took me about 20 times.

Also some bosses you hear about being nails can take you 1 or 2 attempts while you struggle with others.

I absolutely loved the game and glad I stuck out the early difficulties.
  • dpezzer 28 Apr 2021 20:49:18 199 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Tomo

Yeah it deffo has the one more try thing goin on even if I rage quit I'm thinking of how I'm gonna approach it the next time!

Takes me back in that respect to my c64 days with the likes of ye ah Kung Fu kicking my arse but being so addictive at the same time!

Edited by dpezzer at 20:50:53 28-04-2021
  • Daeltaja 28 Apr 2021 21:09:50 2,027 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Returnal.

Oh wait, it's not Friday yet 😑

Honestly though, I've not touched a game in weeks. Been into other hobbies but I'm fully jocks mode on Friday.
  • Zippity-zap 28 Apr 2021 22:29:13 632 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Iíve mainly been playing Synthetik Ultimate, because itís just so fucking good. Every new run is a buzz, and the surprising thing is that Synthetik Ultimate is just so Synthetik Ultimate, Synthetik Ultimate Synthetik Ultimate Synthetik Ultimate Synthetik Ultimate... SYNTHETIK ULTIMATE

Wait, what the SYNTHETIK ULTIMATE!? I canít seem to SYNTHETIK ULTIMATE my SYNTHETIK ULTIMATE SYNTHETIK ULTIMATE SYNTHETIK ULTIMATE

Fuck! Somebody,please send help... SYNTHETIK ULTIMATE
  • addybV3 28 Apr 2021 22:42:12 235 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    @wuntyate

Keep meaning to revisit Rise. I played it for an hour or so at launch and then must of got distracted by something else. I did enjoy the first one as well.
  • wuntyate 28 Apr 2021 22:46:52 16,987 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @addybV3 got to admit I lost interest in it quite early on as well first time I played it but its clicked now. Its reminded me why I enjoyed the first one.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 28 Apr 2021 23:53:57 17,513 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    After looking at a wall gave my Disco Elysium hobocop a heart attack I thought Iíd have a quick muck about on Horizon Zero Dawn. Did the opening introductory tutorial prologue section and the outdoors sure looks pretty, but its going to need an absolutely incredible story if it expects me to spend 50 hours crouch-walking, listening to audio logs and picking berries.
  • Rogueywon 29 Apr 2021 00:18:11 11,571 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @simpleexplodingmaybe Hey, there's the odd bit of clunky auto-aim combat thrown in!

Tried it on PC, didn't like it.
  • Tomo 29 Apr 2021 00:19:30 19,305 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @simpleexplodingmaybe

I just started as well and had similar thoughts after the first hour. The second hour was much more fun once the combat kicked in.

My main gripe atm is the sheer amount of HUD elements and that's despite me switching some off or setting things to Dynamic.
  • Tomo 29 Apr 2021 00:23:14 19,305 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Autoaim on Horizon? Not experienced any so far myself on PS4 at least. Controls are pretty slick. Put RDR2 to shame that's for sure.
  • Nanocrystal 29 Apr 2021 01:44:05 2,404 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @simpleexplodingmaybe HZD has a great story, and while I am NOT a fan of audio logs it has some really well-written and engaging ones. It also has really great combat for an open world game. You're gonna love it.

EDIT: Yeah, don't recall any auto-aim in HZD either. I sure could have done with some on the hardest difficulty!

Edited by Nanocrystal at 01:45:10 29-04-2021
  • Mola_Ram 29 Apr 2021 02:15:36 25,715 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I didn't mind the main story in HZD, but the side quests are a bit rubbish. Agreed that the combat is great, though, as long as you're fighting the dinos. The human enemies are crap.
  • Armoured_Bear 29 Apr 2021 07:52:42 30,322 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    After looking at a wall gave my Disco Elysium hobocop a heart attack I thought Iíd have a quick muck about on Horizon Zero Dawn. Did the opening introductory tutorial prologue section and the outdoors sure looks pretty, but its going to need an absolutely incredible story if it expects me to spend 50 hours crouch-walking, listening to audio logs and picking berries.
    The story is engrossing, stick with it.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 29 Apr 2021 07:57:39 17,513 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Iím all for a story driven action game but donít really have much patience for open world faff and icon spammed collectathon maps. Iíll give it a shot.
  • Bichii 29 Apr 2021 07:59:55 4,529 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The story is netflix at best.
  • nickthegun 29 Apr 2021 08:03:44 86,400 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I *just* finished the DLC, funnily enough. I beat the main campaign but never got around to the frozen wilds. Was happy to see my save carried over to Ďthe complete editioní. But, yeah, I was shocked at how many icons were on the map when I booted it up. Wow, itís a lot.

Good DLC, though. Itís a gigantic chunk of extra content. I think I was L40 when I started and L53 when I finished so there a good few robots to kill. And FWIW, I absolutely love the story and the DLC really packs it in so itís definitely worth playing if you like the main campaign. You basically unlock a jukebox at the end that spams you with story lore. Itís great.

Edited by nickthegun at 08:05:14 29-04-2021
  • creepiest-lizard 29 Apr 2021 08:20:11 2,415 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thought the story was pretty good. It even made the terrible title of the game make a bit of sense.
    I have no idea what a Netflix story is.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.