Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @Rogueywon

what chapter are you on? iirc around chapter 3 its less cut scenes
  • Armoured_Bear 6 Jun 2021 15:04:37 30,534 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    @Darth_Flibble I'm just over 4 hours in now according to Steam and have maybe actually played 30 minutes max. This needs to let up soon or it's dropped.
    That would be your loss, the games are amazing.
  • Darth_Flibble 6 Jun 2021 15:16:45 5,311 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    The game is really good despite the grind and difficulty spikes much much later on
  • BdazmedPrim 6 Jun 2021 15:28:02 1 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 1 week ago
    Prefer WoW for gaming, but have not much time for raids last time.
    Starts to play some mobiles (like the Infinity Kingdom) and kind of browser games.
  • Rogueywon 6 Jun 2021 15:58:06 11,963 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    @Rogueywon

Chapter 3 still. 4.4 hours according to Steam and maybe 40 minutes of gameplay.

Metal Gear Solid 4 had nothing on this.
  • Armoured_Bear 6 Jun 2021 16:57:58 30,534 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    @Rogueywon

Chapter 3 still. 4.4 hours according to Steam and maybe 40 minutes of gameplay.

Metal Gear Solid 4 had nothing on this.
    You played through a million hours of Persona 5 then Persona 5 Royal.
    Man up!
  • Rogueywon 6 Jun 2021 17:05:45 11,963 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear P5 was a bit kinder on the gameplay to cutscene mix, though. It has some very long cutscene runs, but much deeper into the game, at the point where you're properly invested.

At any rate, think I've broken through the worst of it now in Yakuza. On to Chapter 4 and stopping here for today.
  • spookyxelectric 6 Jun 2021 17:32:34 532 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The weird thing for me, when it comes to Persona vs Yakuza. With Yakuza, I like the story but I just want to play the game most of the time (with the beat em ups especially). With Persona, I dread every moment I have to go into a dungeon, and I'd rather just do the social sim
    bits, learn more about the characters.
  • Gunzberg 6 Jun 2021 19:19:28 2,866 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @spookyxelectric agree. Completed Persona 4, never wanted to do another, primarily due to the dungeons and combat. In contrast, finished all the Yakuza games (0-6) so far
  • RichDC 6 Jun 2021 19:23:53 9,106 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Horizon: Zero Dawn

Didn't like this at all when I first tried about a year ago. Hadn't realised it was primarily a stealth game and wasn't in the mood. Decided to give it another go and loving it now. Hunting dinos is great fun.

Such a beautiful looking game too!
  • DUFFMAN5 6 Jun 2021 20:42:07 26,770 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Too many, as seems the norm now!
    Gears 3,4,5 Multiplayer
    Prey. 7 hours in
    AC Eric the Viking, 60 hours in.
    ME Legendary. About 5 hours in, ME1.
    WDL. About 5 hours in
  • Killerbee 7 Jun 2021 09:22:17 5,178 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Started playing Outriders

Early days yet but the story and writing so far is pretty terrible. I was also a bit non-plussed that the moderately pretty and green world of the prologue has been replaced with a drab Video Game Brown… it feels very firmly like a last gen AA game, and not a particularly sophisticated one at that.

But, the promise of gear to loot and skill trees to unlock is the main thing pulling me back to it. The shooting felt decent and my Technomancer has some interesting abilities.

I guess time will tell if I made a good choice there…
  • DUFFMAN5 7 Jun 2021 10:11:24 26,770 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @Killerbee
    I liked it, got to the credits and lvl 30 and that was enough.
  • SnackPlissken 7 Jun 2021 10:11:53 3,356 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    New Pokemon Snap. I'm not a massive Pokemon fan but being an amateur photographer this premise resonated with me (and I always wanted to try the N64 game). I'm really enjoying it.

Edited by SnackPlissken at 10:12:06 07-06-2021
  • Killerbee 7 Jun 2021 11:15:44 5,178 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

Sounds ok to me - I’m not really looking for another Destiny-style time sink that goes on grinding forever, but I do enjoy a good shooter-looter and this has the benefit of being fresh.

How long did that take you, roughly?
  • daver 7 Jun 2021 20:18:04 127 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Watch Dogs Legion. Bought it for 23 quid off g2a or somewhere, thinking it is justifiable given it's just had the 60hz boost and I can also check out RT. Fully aware it got shite reviews and everyone reckons it's terrible. Two days later and I've played nothing else, it's so much fun. Miles better than any recent Ass Creed. Great graphix too.
  • Theshape80 9 Jun 2021 06:16:36 473 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Chivalry 2. Chopping off limbs and it’s glorious!
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 10 Jun 2021 13:38:09 18,205 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Started The Last of Us Part 2 as a new main and Wonder Boy Dragons Trap as a quickie side game.

I’d bounced off Dragons Trap when I first got it but having more fun with it now. Since the original gameplay is intact and the only real change being a beautiful reskin its still 8-bit ruthless.

The contrast between how many safety nets TLOUPT gives you in comparison to WBTDT is so stark. So many cheap cheesing enemies and all of them respawn, often without you even leaving the area.
  • Darth_Flibble 10 Jun 2021 17:23:42 5,311 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Code Vein

Not a fan of the souls like genre as never put the time in as other games to play but this game has AI partner which is useful. Just did the howling pit and the cunt of a boss, fuck that boss, its so over powered with its slide attack and the AI struggles to dodge it. Managed to beat after almost deleting the game. Also the level is fucking ugly, looks like budget ps2 era game and awful to play. Apart from that its been good so far
  • Rogueywon 10 Jun 2021 17:28:54 11,963 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Darth_Flibble I liked Code Vein, but I would not list "attractive level design" as one of its strengths.

Its best looking area is a blatant rip-off of Anor Londo.
  • Graxlar_v3 10 Jun 2021 17:52:57 11,059 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    @Darth_Flibble I liked Code Vein, but I would not list "attractive level design" as one of its strengths.

It was the definition of a 6/10 game. The combat just felt off
  • wuntyate 10 Jun 2021 19:10:15 17,204 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah I've given it a few hours and genuinely can't be fucked going back to it.
  • JoeBlade 10 Jun 2021 20:15:09 6,135 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I'm trying (playing is too big a word for now) Genshin Impact (PC) that I downloaded out of pure curiosity.

So... what is this? Is it an MMO? The registration procedure is definitely as contrived as those. But there don't appear to be other players.

And I don't understand the business model either. It's free and I haven't seen anything that looks like microtransactions.

I don't get it.

Looks pretty though. And it plays quite well on PC for an Eastern-style game.
  • Rogueywon 10 Jun 2021 20:29:35 11,963 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @JoeBlade It's a Gatcha game. The microtransactions will come at the point the developers judge they have got you sufficiently hooked. Then they will start to look more like plain old transactions. Maybe megatransactions.
  • Darth_Flibble 11 Jun 2021 12:35:51 5,311 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Rogueywon wrote:

It was the definition of a 6/10 game. The combat just felt off
    There is something off with the combat. Not sure what it is (not a massive souls like fan, so hard to say) Got to the cathedral area and fucking hate the angel looking enemies with there bastard cheap attacks. Also it feels like they don't use stamina system for their attacks

Can't get past the mini boss on that level due to having to get through the above cunts first. Was enjoying the game until this and the last level
  • hillbilly66 11 Jun 2021 12:38:57 3,298 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Playing Slay The Spire. Difficult game but it's great.
  • Rogueywon 11 Jun 2021 13:27:56 11,963 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Darth_Flibble There's a lack of "weight" to some of the weapons, I found, which can make the combat feel a bit off.

One tip for Code Vein is that on enemies vulnerable to it (which is most of them bar some bosses), the backstab is ludicrously overpowered. Most of them make it pretty easy to circle behind them for backstab after backstab.

Beyond that, use the spells and active abilities. They are the key to the later chunks of the game and the way the point-regen system works means it's viable to absolutely hammer them, unlike in other Soulslikes.
  • Killerbee 11 Jun 2021 15:35:47 5,178 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I’m about 10 story missions (and a few side quests) into Outriders now… enjoying the gameplay but have been wondering if it really changes much?

Each mission seems to consist of 3 arenas where you crouch behind low walls and shoot waves of baddies. Then maybe a boss or Captain who will try to kill you with some magic abilities.

Then a cutscene.

And then all of that again, and again, and again.

I’m playing it entirely solo so far, which is enjoyable enough and the World Tier thing works to keep difficulty levels challenging but not impossible, and the flow of incrementally better loot flowing.

The Technomancer abilities are fun - I like my turrets and summoned rocket launcher.

I’m invested enough to stick with it but definitely wondering if it really goes anywhere besides this.
  • Darth_Flibble 11 Jun 2021 16:55:54 5,311 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    @Darth_Flibble There's a lack of "weight" to some of the weapons, I found, which can make the combat feel a bit off.

One tip for Code Vein is that on enemies vulnerable to it (which is most of them bar some bosses), the backstab is ludicrously overpowered. Most of them make it pretty easy to circle behind them for backstab after backstab.

Beyond that, use the spells and active abilities. They are the key to the later chunks of the game and the way the point-regen system works means it's viable to absolutely hammer them, unlike in other Soulslikes.
    thanks, been doing the backstab without knowing what did it, I can do it on that boss 3/10 times but on the fat enemies, tends to be 7/10 times

Beaten that mini boss now, and think I will take a break, the boss area for it is laughable small and his swing attack is over powered and his red mist can be deadly if caught by it
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 12 Jun 2021 01:20:44 18,205 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Added Miles Morales to my active game pile today. I hope its not as short as some people say or I could be half way through the story campaign already.

Only negative so far is the horrible recasting of Peter Parker’s face (but not voice) from the first game. Its really jarring and it doesn’t make much sense to take a character who was supposed to be in his late 20s and give him a teenage boy’s face. I’m guessing he’s supposed to look more like Tom Holland now but that doesn’t fit with who Peter is at the time of these games.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.