Overwatch from Blizzard Page 249

• Dombat 26 Oct 2017 13:56:23 1,378 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, this is the first time the meta has really bothered me. Blizzard need to sort out the support situation ASAP - we need a new healer and for Mercy to not be a must-pick.

Trying to focus on playing tanks now.
  • JYM60 26 Oct 2017 14:45:18 17,538 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm quite worried they won't fix it for a good while!

They don't want to admit they have fucked the game, and fix their 're-work'. Think they recently came out supporting the changes and standing up to the complaints saying some trash like 'overwatch will always cater to all skill levels.'
  • Dombat 26 Oct 2017 15:01:04 1,378 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The irony is Mercy is still my most played hero overall. She's my least favourite healer though and I've reached a point where I'm fed up of playing her, but I feel like I'm holding back if I pick another healer.

I don't really know what they can do to fix the situation in fairness. I don't want the old Mercy back.
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 26 Oct 2017 15:07:44 32,121 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just have her beam slowly charge up a meter as it's used. When it's full, she can make both her target and herself invincible for a short time. This allow you to push into a choke point and force the enemy back. This is an entirely original idea I just thought of myself.
  • JYM60 26 Oct 2017 15:24:29 17,538 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The old mercy was a bit annoying. Losing a fight cause she rez'd the full team who purposely died on point didn't feel good. But it didn't break the game, or change the whole game if you didn't have a mercy. It changed one fight.

Having a rez every 30 seconds is a must use ability. If the other team is bringing people back to life every 30 seconds and you're not, you have LOST THE GAME not just a fight. I haven't even gone into how stupid the ultimate is, but tbh the ultimate isn't really the problem. I'd be fine with the crazy full team healing/damage boosting, crazy unkillable flying, and a rez every 10 seconds. So long as she can't rez throughout the whole game, and it is an ultimate that isn't ridiculously quick to get.

Edited by JYM60 at 15:25:51 26-10-2017
  • Dombat 26 Oct 2017 15:52:24 1,378 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rez is too powerful for a standard ability.

Maybe the answer is Valkyrie with the previous short rez cooldown, but no rez outside ult?

Edit: realised that's basically what you said, heh.

Edited by Dombat at 15:53:14 26-10-2017
  • CompetitiveDad 26 Oct 2017 18:46:43 8,031 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Any tips for Winston and Lucio?

Am I meant to be a nuisance with Winston? Do I self heal by healing others with Lucio?
  • Ror 26 Oct 2017 18:53:58 17,681 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lucio: Boop people off the map, keep moving, bear in mind jumping off a wall-run grants you some speed and momentum, know when to switch songs between heal and speed (this will come with time), jump about and fire in the direction of the enemy.
  • Mekanik 26 Oct 2017 18:54:12 4,676 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Winston. Only leap in when you have a shield to drop down. Harass the backline/squishies and leap out (usually) once its off cd.

Try to land on people when you land from your jump. It does a decent amount of damage and means you can almost certainly finish them off with your lightning.

Stay away from reapers and hogs - although hog isnt quite so much a counter now.

If you have an Ana, keep that in mind when you leap to stay in LOS. Remember she cant heal through enemy shields.

If a Zarya on your team, try to get her to bubble you before you leap in, then save the shield long enough for her one to be used up to give her an easy boost to her damage.

Lucio. Just run around booping people. Use speed boost quite a lot (change his settings so that its hold for speed boost instead of toggle - much better to use). Also, you can vaguely ignore doing healing (as its automatic) and just focus on shooting at stuff.

Edit: One other thing with Winston and KotH maps. You can leap out of spawn, then its usually off cd early enough so you can leap to the far side of the point and drop your shield. This buys enough time for your team to push straight on the point behind you. If your team can be relied on to do that.

Edited by Mekanik at 18:55:21 26-10-2017
  • CompetitiveDad 26 Oct 2017 18:59:06 8,031 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thanks chaps. Will have a go very shortly. 👍
  • JYM60 26 Oct 2017 19:05:59 17,538 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Lucio: Boop people off the map, away from yourself and teammates in danger. Booping a charging Rein, or ulting opponent can win you fights. Boop is also a great finisher in cleaning up low HP enemies during fights.
    Communication is key, so talk, and make sure teammates follow you. Speed boost is important, always use it when you ult. If you've won a fight an enemies are retreating, speed boost with a team mate or two to finish them off and stager their spawn.
    Two options with his ult, as an offensive initiator, or as defence. Great against tact visor, but against gravaton it's probably a waste. Use it to keep you're tanks alive if they're low.

Unfortunately most people are saying Lucio isn't really meta now because of Mercy. They mostly say Mercy Zen is better. :(

Winston: Don't know as much. But jump on solo targets/enemies out of position. You can kill most 200HP targets.
    Try not to jump into a full team, you'll get blown up. Though if you have ult it's fine jumping in and ulting when you're low HP. Usually though its best to go in without using jump ability, getting bubble down, dealing damage, and jumping out when low. Easier to play Winston with Zaraya bubbles.

Unfortunately Winston is not great at the minute cause Hog is back and destroys him. Also Reaper destroys him.

Edited by JYM60 at 19:08:24 26-10-2017
  • gamecat 26 Oct 2017 19:18:26 792 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Winston, a good percentage of the time you want to drop on squishes from above then jump out. If you jump in solo, the chances are you are dead before the cd comes off, unless you have a healer or dive partner.
  • CompetitiveDad 26 Oct 2017 19:47:05 8,031 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thank yoooou, some sound advice!!!
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 26 Oct 2017 21:01:32 32,121 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I went up again a full team of Winston once. It didn't work, but that first push when I had all those Gorillas flying right at our team was terrifying!
  • Ror 26 Oct 2017 22:09:06 17,681 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah, the simpler days when there was no hero limit in QP. I kinda miss that nonsense a bit now.

Fawkes, if you're back on this let's team up some time.
  • Jibraeel 27 Oct 2017 12:35:44 198 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    CompetitiveDad wrote:
    Any tips for Winston and Lucio?

Am I meant to be a nuisance with Winston? Do I self heal by healing others with Lucio?
    As Winston Widow and Genji are your job to kill. Especially Widow.
  • Ror 2 Nov 2017 21:08:52 17,681 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What time does the event end, anyone know? Gonna try for one more box.
  • Ror 2 Nov 2017 22:28:22 17,681 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Welp. Got one last box, nothin' good in it. Ended up 95 funbucks short of Zenthulhu, so decided to just buy some of the 250 skins (Pharah, 76, Symm... one other one...).

The only Haloween skin I've managed to get in this event is Mercy's Witch skin. You know, the one from last year!

Edited by Ror at 22:29:22 02-11-2017
  • Devilligan 3 Nov 2017 00:06:05 552 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'll never understand why they nerfed Lucio by throwing in the circumference for his heal / speed boost. He didn't feel over-powered before and now he feels way less effective than Mercy.
  • gamecat 3 Nov 2017 19:12:29 792 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    New map, new support hero, new Rein short. Something else TBA, new mode?
  • Ror 3 Nov 2017 20:27:37 17,681 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    New hero looks interesting. I hate her run animation though, who thought that was a good idea.
  • Ror 3 Nov 2017 20:49:41 17,681 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
  • HairyArse 12 Dec 2017 13:27:27 1,146 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    We've just been discussing this in the Xbox One X thread, but can any fellow Xbox One players confirm if this happens to them: sometimes when the Play of the Game replay is being shown, most of the characters being shot haven't actually loaded in yet and the replay consists of someone just randomly shooting the scenery and racking up the kills.

Can't decide if this is just the game loading in the models too slowly, or if my hard drive is fucked.
  • Tuffty 12 Dec 2017 13:33:43 4,200 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Winter Wonderland comes back today. Includes new skins, Mei snowball fight and an all new mode where 6 Mei's have to fight a yeti (Winston) in what they describe as a boss mode. Sounds fun!
  • Ror 12 Dec 2017 13:55:36 17,681 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @-HairyArse I see it every now and then. Can't remember if I've seen it happen since switching to the One X though. I'll make sure to look out for it, but I'm mainly just happy the tearing is gone, even if it was infrequent. I hate screen tear!

I've seen it on PS4 too. I don't play the game there but have a few friends who do, and they post gameplay on social media now and then.
  • HairyArse 12 Dec 2017 14:21:05 1,146 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh it doesnít do it on the One X. Iím deciding if this, plus ten fewer seconds load to the character select screen is good enough reason to update. 😊
  • Ror 12 Dec 2017 14:39:31 17,681 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Does it happen with every PotG for you? I'd only see it every now and then on the base console. Kind of like when you select a hero at the start of a round and it can take a few seconds to see your teammates load in - that still happens on One X, at least.

Although I do have it installed on an external drive. I might move it to internal later, see if that makes a difference.
  • HairyArse 12 Dec 2017 15:14:10 1,146 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah pretty much that. I thought Iíd moved it to the internal drive but I could be wrong.
  • docrob 27 Dec 2017 01:46:06 966 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Season finishing tomorrow, so decided to do my last three placement matches. Won all three for a 7:3 win:loss ratio. Assigned an SR of 1073, way down in Bronze and several hundred off where I was last season. Feck you, Blizzard.
  • docrob 28 Dec 2017 01:09:41 966 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    docrob wrote:
    Season finishing tomorrow, so decided to do my last three placement matches. Won all three for a 7:3 win:loss ratio. Assigned an SR of 1073, way down in Bronze and several hundred off where I was last season. Feck you, Blizzard.
    Followed by two narrow losses this evening and a demotion to an SR of about 980. There is no way I will ever climb out of Bronze now. May as well give up Comp entirely.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.