I main Jenji
  • KD 28 Feb 2018 18:20:39 1,982 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    New support.

• ChiefGB 28 Feb 2018 18:33:44 8,947 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    She doesn't look quite as cute as she does in the short. Which isn't really important I guess..........or is it ;)
  • Huggybear 28 Feb 2018 18:35:57 1,474 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Cosmical wrote:
    I have to say that Blizzard really needs to get on top this.

OW is possibly the game i've played the most ever.

Unfortunately it is also the most frustrating experience I have ever had. I'm talking about the ps4, other platofrms may be different.

The problem is the player base. It is simply awful. Unrepentantly and irredeemably awful. So few player splay properly that i just quit matches.

By properly I mean basic gameplay - picking a healer for instance (so i dont have to all the time), not trying to rush the point alone, not picking blatantly poor character choices (torbjorn on attack).

It#s the same in competitive or quickplay. It's a game clearly designed for team work, hanamura and anubis are unplayable otherwise (unless you enjoy wasting your time).
    This is why I stopped playing. Also, the fact that on PS4 no one uses voice comms and there's no other functional way to communicate.

There's no point in playing a game based on teamwork when there rarely is any.
  • Ror 28 Feb 2018 18:41:01 17,559 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hooray, it is Brigitte!

*watches*
  • Ror 28 Feb 2018 18:47:55 17,559 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago

Gamespot streaming some gameplay.

Edited by Ror at 18:58:26 28-02-2018
  • Devilligan 28 Feb 2018 19:14:59 547 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Huggybear wrote:
    Cosmical wrote:
    I have to say that Blizzard really needs to get on top this.

OW is possibly the game i've played the most ever.

Unfortunately it is also the most frustrating experience I have ever had. I'm talking about the ps4, other platofrms may be different.

The problem is the player base. It is simply awful. Unrepentantly and irredeemably awful. So few player splay properly that i just quit matches.

By properly I mean basic gameplay - picking a healer for instance (so i dont have to all the time), not trying to rush the point alone, not picking blatantly poor character choices (torbjorn on attack).

It#s the same in competitive or quickplay. It's a game clearly designed for team work, hanamura and anubis are unplayable otherwise (unless you enjoy wasting your time).
    This is why I stopped playing. Also, the fact that on PS4 no one uses voice comms and there's no other functional way to communicate.

There's no point in playing a game based on teamwork when there rarely is any.
    Agree with all of this.

I've almost given up on Overwatch recently because most PS4 players are so awful. Most games are exercises in frustration. Few healers and tanks, and players who refuse to play the objective or cooperate in any way.

I still dip in when there's a big event or a new hero drops but other than that I'm pretty much out.
  • JiveHound 3 Apr 2018 00:45:23 9,680 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've been getting back into this after lapsing somewhat after Moira dropped.

Brigitte is exactly the kind of melee character I was after. A lot of fun, remains to be seen how useful she is in comp when everyone seems to pick Moira/Mercy right now.

As for Moira, man she is crazy good. A great offensive healer, a different take on Zen's more measured style. However, I'm not quite sure why they have allocated each hand to the oposing trigger. Totally baffling design decision there.

What hasn't changed is how rife leavers are, it's utterly ridiculous and is ruining comp. I've played loads of games, and still yet to play the BlizzardWorld map. The one time it loaded someone left and the match was cancelled.
  • y2rich 3 Apr 2018 11:32:06 3,279 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Every new map and character seems to make the game worse for me. Brigitte is absolutely broken at mid tier play, way too easy to play with far too high a reward (anyone within 20m of her might as well just jump off the nearest cliff as you're not winning that fight), much the same as Moira, Sombra pre nerf and Doomfist to an extent.
    Get the feeling next season you're going to see a lot of deathball comps of Rein, Hog, Briggite, Moira, Soldier + another (Zarya probably) having multiple overly extended fights every game.
  • Ror 3 Apr 2018 12:16:34 17,559 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JiveHound wrote:
    I've been getting back into this after lapsing somewhat after Moira dropped.

Brigitte is exactly the kind of melee character I was after. A lot of fun, remains to be seen how useful she is in comp when everyone seems to pick Moira/Mercy right now.

As for Moira, man she is crazy good. A great offensive healer, a different take on Zen's more measured style. However, I'm not quite sure why they have allocated each hand to the oposing trigger. Totally baffling design decision there.

What hasn't changed is how rife leavers are, it's utterly ridiculous and is ruining comp. I've played loads of games, and still yet to play the BlizzardWorld map. The one time it loaded someone left and the match was cancelled.
    I saw you on it last night and it reminded me that I haven't played in weeks.

Agree re: Moira, I was pretty much maining her when I last played, she's a ton of fun. Absolutely agree with the bolded as well, even after a couple of dozen hours I still occasionally threw out the wrong orb because of this.

I need to get back in and try out Brigitte.
  • y2rich 3 Apr 2018 12:23:53 3,279 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's because on PC primary fire is left click, whereas on console it's right trigger.
  • JiveHound 3 Apr 2018 18:06:34 9,680 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    y2rich wrote:
    It's because on PC primary fire is left click, whereas on console it's right trigger.
    Aha! That does make sense then.
  • -HairyArse 3 Apr 2018 18:47:26 1,123 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    /moiramain
  • Dombat 3 Apr 2018 22:13:45 1,323 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I wouldn't mind a return to prominence of deathball, it's been gone a long time. I'd miss opportunities to play Winston but he's had a long time to shine now. Rein can be fun when you get the opportunity to play aggressively.

As for support where I mostly belong, I think the Mercy nerfs saved the game. It's nice to finally have multiple healers be viable in slightly different situations now.
  • Tuffty 8 May 2018 23:49:23 4,171 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    A new Mercy skin is available to purchase for a limited time only. It's for awareness of breast cancer and Blizzard have said that 100% of the money will go as a donation to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. The skin itself is $15 (about £12-13 here from what I saw) and naturally people feel compelled to complain that it's too much because...it's the internet.

I think it's straightforward enough, the money isn't for the skin, this is all about the charity first and foremost. The money goes to the charity, the skin is just a bonus, a thank you from Blizzard. I understand if maybe it's too much, but in that case, then you should donate what you can directly to the chairty or raise awareness of this to others who might. I mean, you've got free skins, maps, characters and events for 2 years and you're outraged that they're asking for an optional donation? Like, actually reconsider your priorities in life if you're that person, seriously.
  • Dombat 8 May 2018 23:55:18 1,323 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Tuffty yeah, this is a great gesture from Blizzard. Gamers will complain about anything.
  • y2rich 9 May 2018 07:21:29 3,279 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    First thing I see when I log in
    'but what about prostate cancer'

Fucking idiots
  • GarlVinland 31 May 2018 14:57:10 3,339 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just reinstalled this on PS4 after hearing about the anniversary event and a free loot box. :) It never really grabbed me the way Team Fortress did once upon a time, if everyone still playing it thinks they're playing CoD I suspect I won't be back for long.
  • GarlVinland 28 Jun 2018 16:11:32 3,339 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If anything was going to get me into this game, it's a hamster in a mech suit.
  • Rhaegyr 28 Jun 2018 16:31:39 4,498 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The last few characters really haven't clicked with me (and the ones before that weren't that great either) which is surprising considering I mostly play Tank and Support.

They just don't feel as unique or special as the 'original' characters.
  • GarlVinland 28 Jun 2018 17:38:23 3,339 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sombra is getting infinite duration on her teleporter and stealth, apparently. I have no idea what I'm talking about, I just like the sound of it. Memories of playing Spy in Team Fortress 2.
  • Devilligan 28 Jun 2018 18:07:06 547 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Rhaegyr

I have mixed feelings on them.

Sombra clicked with me more when I realised what a beast her gun can be. Still not great with her hacking / teleporting, but I've seen how awesome they can be when used well.

Orisa - her shield is incredibly useful and her gun can be devastating. Her power set is easy to use, and near essential in certain circumstances. I like her.

Doomfist - Just can't click with him. Almost every fight I take him into, I miss my punch target then madly flail around with his other abilities until the enemy put me out of my misery. Mostly, I just don't get what his purpose is in team composition.

Brigitte - Still settling in with her, because I barely have time to play Overwatch at the moment, but she's generally brilliant. Her shield stun is ace, her flail surprisingly fun and easy to fight with, and her health / armour boost is super useful. Brilliant character.

Generally, I get on with them (apart from Doomfist) but I do sometimes wish they hadn't shaken up a meta that originally clicked so beautifully.
  • blimeyguvnor87 28 Jun 2018 18:30:53 414 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is there an active community on EG for Overwatch? I bought it some time ago and played a few hours. Itís a shooter I can really see myself getting into but none of my friends play. Or is it too late now everyone has had their time playing?

Looking for a fairly regular group to play with ideally!
  • gamecat 28 Jun 2018 20:46:43 783 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'd say not really, I still play fairly often but not many EGers about, I'm mostly playing with some of the same people I bumped into in beta. That said, it's not too hard to hook up with new people especially with the new LFG tools.
  • blimeyguvnor87 28 Jun 2018 22:38:44 414 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @gamecat ah thatís great to hear, I did hear the new LFG tool wasnít too bad so Iíll check that out!
  • docrob 30 Jun 2018 12:45:35 943 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    y2rich wrote:
    First thing I see when I log in
    'but what about prostate cancer'

Fucking idiots
    There is definitely scope here for a special skin for Soldier 76. Possibly a flying helmet and goggles with a massive handlebar moustache. Iíd buy it!

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.