Overwatch from Blizzard Page 251

Next Last
  • docrob 30 Jun 2018 12:46:35 961 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    gamecat wrote:
    I'd say not really, I still play fairly often but not many EGers about, I'm mostly playing with some of the same people I bumped into in beta. That said, it's not too hard to hook up with new people especially with the new LFG tools.
    I put a bunch of EG guys on my friends list, but only 2 or 3 still play often.
  • gamecat 11 Jul 2018 17:04:33 792 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/24062274/overwatch-league-comes-espn-disney-abc

Overwatch League now on proper telly and everything.

Coming soon, proper telly watchers to get miffed about Overwatch.
  • GarlVinland 1 Aug 2018 11:25:21 3,560 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Started playing this again last night. Takes a little while to get a game on PS4, 2mins on average. Population must be dying, or on PC.

Sombra reminds me of the Spy from TF2 so I'm trying to learn her, it's tremendous fun but without being able to backstab specific targets like the Spy I can't tell if I'm really contributing to the team or not. Most likely not. Excellent fun though, still to try Hammond.
  • Dombat 1 Aug 2018 11:34:30 1,372 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    GarlVinland wrote:
    Started playing this again last night. Takes a little while to get a game on PS4, 2mins on average. Population must be dying, or on PC.

Sombra reminds me of the Spy from TF2 so I'm trying to learn her, it's tremendous fun but without being able to backstab specific targets like the Spy I can't tell if I'm really contributing to the team or not. Most likely not. Excellent fun though, still to try Hammond.
    I've recently returned to the Xbox version after just over a year out and the playerbase is noticeably more quiet since then. I've given up on arcade mode. Even the comp and quick play queue times are longer but you still get suitable matches most of the time. I only rebought it to play with a mate as it was dirt cheap (15 in GAME) a few weeks back.

The PC version is doing fine.
  • y2rich 1 Aug 2018 11:44:58 3,283 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    PC versions had a bit of a resurgence this season with all the LFG and endorsement stuff going around. Plus the meta is pretty variable these days so each game actually feels different
  • JiveHound 1 Aug 2018 12:43:58 9,838 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cross play would help if they ever release on Switch. Paladins plays faultlessly on it so there's no reason they shouldn't.

It's currently the only game I miss on Xbox at the moment.
  • GarlVinland 1 Aug 2018 13:19:12 3,560 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dombat wrote:
    I've given up on arcade mode.
    Not enough people playing? I was thinking of playing this non-stop for the loot boxes, can't imagine it would be any less coordinated than quickplay.
  • Dombat 1 Aug 2018 13:22:24 1,372 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    GarlVinland wrote:
    Dombat wrote:
    I've given up on arcade mode.
    Not enough people playing? I was thinking of playing this non-stop for the loot boxes, can't imagine it would be any less coordinated than quickplay.
    Yeah, it might be that I was unlucky when I tried to queue but I have the feeling the population just isn't there on console anymore to support the more obscure game modes.

On PC I really enjoy some of the arcade modes and play it just as much or even more than QP, so it's a shame.

Edited by Dombat at 13:24:18 01-08-2018
  • HairyArse 1 Aug 2018 15:51:54 1,146 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    JiveHound wrote:
    Cross play would help if they ever release on Switch. Paladins plays faultlessly on it so there's no reason they shouldn't.

Miss you too, buddy.
  • JiveHound 1 Aug 2018 18:31:11 9,838 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    -HairyArse wrote:
    JiveHound wrote:

Miss you too, buddy.
    /Arnie quote
  • docrob 5 Sep 2018 01:15:35 961 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I swear that I am somehow getting worse at this game. Have had two nights of non-stop losses and I don't seem to be able to be effective with any hero at all.
  • waggy79 5 Sep 2018 08:29:38 1,881 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I was trying to get the 9 wins for that Dva skin but just kept losing and turned off in disgust. lol. Why cant Lucio ball be permanent as i'm actually good at that!

Edited by waggy79 at 10:08:03 05-09-2018
  • docrob 5 Sep 2018 21:26:28 961 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I did manage the DVa skin, but it took a while, and I was playing mostly Mystery Heroes, which is often a bit of a lottery. (It also means that the guy who has 372 hours playing as Genji is less annoying).
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.