Overwatch from Blizzard Page 251

• docrob 30 Jun 2018 12:46:35 1,095 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    gamecat wrote:
    I'd say not really, I still play fairly often but not many EGers about, I'm mostly playing with some of the same people I bumped into in beta. That said, it's not too hard to hook up with new people especially with the new LFG tools.
    I put a bunch of EG guys on my friends list, but only 2 or 3 still play often.
  • gamecat 11 Jul 2018 17:04:33 814 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/24062274/overwatch-league-comes-espn-disney-abc

Overwatch League now on proper telly and everything.

Coming soon, proper telly watchers to get miffed about Overwatch.
  • Deleted user 1 August 2018 11:25:21
    Started playing this again last night. Takes a little while to get a game on PS4, 2mins on average. Population must be dying, or on PC.

Sombra reminds me of the Spy from TF2 so I'm trying to learn her, it's tremendous fun but without being able to backstab specific targets like the Spy I can't tell if I'm really contributing to the team or not. Most likely not. Excellent fun though, still to try Hammond.
  • Dombat 1 Aug 2018 11:34:30 1,490 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    GarlVinland wrote:
    Started playing this again last night. Takes a little while to get a game on PS4, 2mins on average. Population must be dying, or on PC.

Sombra reminds me of the Spy from TF2 so I'm trying to learn her, it's tremendous fun but without being able to backstab specific targets like the Spy I can't tell if I'm really contributing to the team or not. Most likely not. Excellent fun though, still to try Hammond.
    I've recently returned to the Xbox version after just over a year out and the playerbase is noticeably more quiet since then. I've given up on arcade mode. Even the comp and quick play queue times are longer but you still get suitable matches most of the time. I only rebought it to play with a mate as it was dirt cheap (£15 in GAME) a few weeks back.

The PC version is doing fine.
  • y2rich 1 Aug 2018 11:44:58 3,297 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    PC versions had a bit of a resurgence this season with all the LFG and endorsement stuff going around. Plus the meta is pretty variable these days so each game actually feels different
  • Deleted user 1 August 2018 12:43:58
    Cross play would help if they ever release on Switch. Paladins plays faultlessly on it so there's no reason they shouldn't.

It's currently the only game I miss on Xbox at the moment.
  • Deleted user 1 August 2018 13:19:12
    Dombat wrote:
    I've given up on arcade mode.
    Not enough people playing? I was thinking of playing this non-stop for the loot boxes, can't imagine it would be any less coordinated than quickplay.
  • Dombat 1 Aug 2018 13:22:24 1,490 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    GarlVinland wrote:
    Dombat wrote:
    I've given up on arcade mode.
    Not enough people playing? I was thinking of playing this non-stop for the loot boxes, can't imagine it would be any less coordinated than quickplay.
    Yeah, it might be that I was unlucky when I tried to queue but I have the feeling the population just isn't there on console anymore to support the more obscure game modes.

On PC I really enjoy some of the arcade modes and play it just as much or even more than QP, so it's a shame.

Edited by Dombat at 13:24:18 01-08-2018
  • HairyArse 1 Aug 2018 15:51:54 1,176 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    JiveHound wrote:
    Cross play would help if they ever release on Switch. Paladins plays faultlessly on it so there's no reason they shouldn't.

Miss you too, buddy.
  • Deleted user 1 August 2018 18:31:11
    -HairyArse wrote:
    JiveHound wrote:

Miss you too, buddy.
    /Arnie quote
  • docrob 5 Sep 2018 01:15:35 1,095 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I swear that I am somehow getting worse at this game. Have had two nights of non-stop losses and I don't seem to be able to be effective with any hero at all.
  • waggy79 5 Sep 2018 08:29:38 1,919 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I was trying to get the 9 wins for that Dva skin but just kept losing and turned off in disgust. lol. Why cant Lucio ball be permanent as i'm actually good at that!

Edited by waggy79 at 10:08:03 05-09-2018
  • docrob 5 Sep 2018 21:26:28 1,095 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I did manage the DVa skin, but it took a while, and I was playing mostly Mystery Heroes, which is often a bit of a lottery. (It also means that the guy who has 372 hours playing as Genji is less annoying).
  • samyboy 24 Sep 2018 15:58:57 86 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @ultraNinja Waiting for the people to start bitching about it...usual reaction after every Blizzard rework. :D :D
  • docrob 15 Nov 2018 22:41:51 1,095 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Whoah, took me ages to find the thread. Anyone still playing? Have had a couple of goes with Ashe, I think Iím going to like her. I canít get a handle on Wrecking ball at all though.
  • Dombat 15 Nov 2018 23:19:50 1,490 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    docrob wrote:
    Whoah, took me ages to find the thread. Anyone still playing? Have had a couple of goes with Ashe, I think Iím going to like her. I canít get a handle on Wrecking ball at all though.
    I pretty much quit the game for a few months as I lost all interest in it but I've got back into it recently. Not since the Ashe patch yet though. From what I've seen I think she's what the game needed and a step in the right direction for new hero design.
  • devil_badger 16 Nov 2018 07:45:09 811 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I still play quite a bit. Not played this week though as Spyro has distracted me. I'll have weeks where I play it loads, then weeks where I don't touch it.
  • bananaforscale 9 Dec 2018 22:28:05 9 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Looking for 1 or 2 more friendos to add to the roster. We mostly play Quick but looking into more Comp.

Add me on Battle.net: Runako#2799
  • docrob 13 Dec 2018 00:21:08 1,095 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    bananaforscale wrote:
    Looking for 1 or 2 more friendos to add to the roster. We mostly play Quick but looking into more Comp.

Add me on Battle.net: Runako#2799
    Done. Jester #2812
  • Rodpad 17 Dec 2018 11:32:13 2,976 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah just to add to Runako, we currently have 3 good payers in our comp team. Any decent and friendly gold or higher comp players would be great.

Add me on Rodpad#2931 and ping me a message if you'd like to join.
  • docrob 18 Dec 2018 22:29:47 1,095 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Iím decent and friendly. I started Comp in silver though, and then got relegated to bronze (between seasons, not in the course of actually playing). I donít think Iím quite that shite, but apparently the game disagrees. Can hold my own as a healer...
  • Tuffty 8 Jan 2019 00:27:38 4,277 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    A new short story on Ana and Soldier was released today. In it, it shows a new legendary skin for Ana, which shows she continues to get some of the best skins in the game, Reaper has a family and Soldier had a relationship with another man, Vincent. The lead writer since took to Twitter to confirm that Soldier is gay. Only bring it up because, as you expect, some are not happy that one of the most masculine men in the game also happens to be gay. Also apparently it's done because Blizzard want to distract people from the...Diablo mobile game? Bizarre.
  • H1ggyLTD 8 Jan 2019 00:49:11 11,473 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Has anybody checked on cappy??
  • docrob 16 Jan 2019 01:19:08 1,095 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Canít sodding buy a win tonight. I need one more for the Ana skin and it just wouldnít come. I wasnít playing badly for a change. Dunno if it was the RNG (was playing Mystery Heroes). Most frustrating was the loss defending Anubis, where I actually thought we had won defending point A.
  • devil_badger 16 Jan 2019 11:05:07 811 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm on an impressive comp losing streak. Lost 4 placements in a row in one night. Not sure if it was because my sister just got the game and was playing comp for the first time, but me and my brother were directing her and the opponents usually had one or two low levels too.
  • Tuffty 16 Jan 2019 13:31:36 4,277 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @devil_badger Don't feel too bad, I lost 5 in a row on Monday. Partly due to playing some extremely well organised teams and good players (one Pharah player was the best I had ever seen and nobody thought to take her down...) while also being teamed up with utter shite. The last game had 5 dps players who refused to switch with me as a healer. Enemy team cut through us, I think a McCree player got his dead eye before the control point was even active.

Ended up with about 2800 sr, which is ok, but it's put me off competitive for a bit. Quickplay not much better. Seems like now more than ever solo queuing is a complete luck of the draw of whether you get decent teammates.
  • POPTONES 16 Jan 2019 13:41:15 421 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Iíve got back into this having quit Siege (state of that community...!) and enjoying it again loads.

Have ended up at the lower end of gold, though, and itís gonna be a real fucker to climb from here.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.