Vaping Adventures Page 482

• TheRealBadabing 4 Oct 2017 21:13:40 1,861 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @orpheus only 2ml though? I get the market is running scared of TPD but 2ml is pathetic for an RTA that can eat juice as fast as a Kayfun.
  • orpheus 4 Oct 2017 23:14:37 1,857 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @TheRealBadabing It doesn't seem to drink juice all that fast tbh, but then it is strictly an MTL tank. Very tight draw, no restricted lung like the Kayfun 5 apparently has. And it's top-fill so topping up isn't a problem.

Been ages since I bought any vape kit, but dead chuffed with the Prime.
  • TheRealBadabing 4 Oct 2017 23:36:12 1,861 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I'll have a closer look. Always liked the Kayfuns but that one with a billion pieces that leaked everywhere convinced me to go the "retail" tank route.

Happy enough with my Atlantis Evo (5ml) for now but I'm getting the itch to get back into building my own so if they get an extended tank the Kayfun is probably going to be my first choice. Not a fan of silly dual/triple coils and prefer MTL.
  • orpheus 5 Oct 2017 18:00:09 1,857 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @TheRealBadabing

The Prime is basically a 'retail' tank. Only a few components and the same juice flow control as on the Kayfun 5. Zero leaks so far. There is an extender kit coming for it but not in TPD compliant countries unfortunately.

Kayfun 5 has a bigger tank but I've read it has a slightly airier draw than the Prime.
  • TheRealBadabing 30 Nov 2017 12:27:07 1,861 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Quick vent:

Amazing how all the pubs complained the smoking ban would kill their business yet now there is a legal alternative they seem to be falling over themselves to ban that all by themselves.

Trying to organise a get-together and a couple of us vape. Apparently any of the half-decent pubs in our area expect us to go outside in the freezing cold with all the stinking smokers.

Generally not a problem in the summer months when we would be sat in a beer garden but they can fuck off if they think they will get any of our trade until the sun starts shining again.

Their reason? Apparently people complain about the smell. They couldn't confirm that if I complained about someones aftershave they would ban that too.
  • macmurphy 30 Nov 2017 12:36:04 3,789 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    TheRealBadabing wrote:
    Quick vent:

Amazing how all the pubs complained the smoking ban would kill their business yet now there is a legal alternative they seem to be falling over themselves to ban that all by themselves.

Trying to organise a get-together and a couple of us vape. Apparently any of the half-decent pubs in our area expect us to go outside in the freezing cold with all the stinking smokers.

Generally not a problem in the summer months when we would be sat in a beer garden but they can fuck off if they think they will get any of our trade until the sun starts shining again.

Their reason? Apparently people complain about the smell. They couldn't confirm that if I complained about someones aftershave they would ban that too.
    Iím a vaper and I have no idea why you think your argument has any merit.

If a load of people did sit there and constantly spray aftershave or Lynx theyíd get thrown out in a heartbeat.

Especially now with some of the setups. Some people look like a smoke machine. Get outside, stop being a helmet.
  • Deleted user 30 November 2017 12:48:12
    Anyone know any good e-shops that sell 100ml bottles?
  • KayJay 30 Nov 2017 19:38:24 5,350 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I havenít purchased any eJuice less then 1000ml for a while now. Got bored and annoyed behind charged £5+ for 30ml...
    So a started making my own at home!

I use these guys for all the ingredients...
    https://bluestar-eliquid.com

I spent £97 back in April on...
    4ltr 20/80 PG/VG Premixed base Liquid
    200ml of Heisenberg Menthol Concentrate
    200ml of Blue Mist Concentrate
    200ml of Liquid Nicotine

Mixed up 2ltr of each flavour and Iím still going strong on those, thinking itíll likely last me to late January...!

I use this place to get my measurements correct...
    http://www.steam-engine.org/juice.asp
    (Watched a few YouTube videos before I mixed my first batch a couple of years back)

Just order a few 100ml/50ml/30ml dropper bottles to decanter your juice into and youíre away!

I terms of cost I couldnít recommend it enough!
    A little tricky first time around, but now itís easy.

DO IT..! :)
  • masonlvvy 5 Dec 2017 08:44:31 2 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    anyone good flavor recommend to new user of vape,i just got my first vape pen.

Edited by masonlvvy at 07:33:28 13-12-2017
  • TheDarkKnight 21 Dec 2017 07:49:52 796 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Here to pick the brains of you experienced vapers, with respect and honour.

I have been using a Innokin Coolfire IV TC100 for well over a year now and it's been great, but I now have that urge for something better. Just before I buy new coils I wondered if anyone could recommend me a more powerful vape setup? I've always felt that despite the temp control I can't do long vapes and the flavour has new struck me that hard. Maybe this is the perennial question for vapers? Looking to spend less than £100 ideally.
  • orpheus 22 Dec 2017 09:33:01 1,857 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @TheDarkKnight Depends what you mean when you say you want something 'better'. Better how? More power doesn't mean a better vape necessarily.

Some questions:

What tank/dripper do you use with the Coolfire? What coils?
    When you say you can't do 'long' vapes, what do you mean? Ditto with the flavour comment.
    Do you mouth-to-lung (like a cig) or direct-lung hits?
  • Auxentius 27 Dec 2017 14:58:25 1 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Hi guys I dont know whether this is the ideal place to ask yet I essentially expected to ask regarding whether it is possible to smoke marijuana strain like this in http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/corleone-kush// through a vaporizer? I never tried using a vaporizer yet im needing to get one. Do you guys have any beginners advice to tell me? Much thanks!!
  • Rivuzu 27 Dec 2017 15:09:52 18,143 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Wrong kind of vaporisers in discussion here gent. Though some people here may have experience. This thread is for those using liquid vaporisers.
  • spamdangled 13 Jan 2018 03:44:07 31,738 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've been vaping for the last few months as a way to gradually wean myself off of cigarettes. I've gone from about 20 a day (full strenth superking real fags - such as JPS Royal Red Superkings) to everything between 20 a week to 2 a day, and am currently averaging 5 a day, with vaping a .06 liquif.

I previously tried 1.0, but found it gave me a really hacky throat and a smoker's cough worse than from smoking the real thing. Then I switched to 0.3, which backfired as it was so weak I ended up ended up hitting real fags again. Currently on 0.6 and it's helping a lot to ease me off.

Anyway... flavours.

I like tart, sour, citrusy stuff. So far, all the citrus flavours I have tried have tasted very little like citrus, and have instead tasted really... chemical-ly? Kind of like how pear drop sweets don't taste like pears but a really bad artificial approximation of them.

A few I have liked so far have been Cloud Cake, mojito, pear and lychee and toffee apple. But none of them have the kind of sharp, sour citrus hit I am looking for.

Any suggestions?
  • TheDarkKnight 18 Jan 2018 15:34:30 796 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @orpheus Well, it's been a while since I was educated on vaping, so some of this terminology I forget, but I believe I do mouth-to-lung. I use the standard tank supplied with the coolfire and Innokin stainless steel coils.

I guess what I mean is the flavour has never struck me like it did when I first started vaping. Also despite the coolfire having temp control the coils will burn if the temp is not quite suitable for the liquid.

Maybe I just want to mix things up, as I've been vaping with this set up for well over a year now. Also the vape is getting a bit flaky turning itself off randomly. What would you recommend, a new vape or drip tank/coils? I can put up with it turning off, sometimes I just need to remove and reattach the drip tank, no big deal really.
  • orpheus 18 Jan 2018 18:58:37 1,857 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @TheDarkKnight

Ok no worries, will try to be less jargon-heavy :) Let's break this down bit by bit:

TC100 mod. Plenty of power & temp control too, but seems like you're not having much luck with the temp control side of things. Huge number of things could be at play there: wrong TC mode selected, bad resistance setpoint etc. Never used a TC100 so can't speak to how the TC mode works or what may be wrong unfortunately.

Coils/Tank: ISub Vortex with 0.5 ohm stainless steel. Again, not used the tank but sounds like that would be a direct-lung hit (like hitting a bong, may not be the best example but it's all I've got, lol) coil. The recommended power is 30-60 watts or 190-245įC.

Gonna take a leap here and assume if you're mouth-to-lung user you're running it at fairly low power (would be useful to know what power you run at). That may be why the flavour is fairly weak - the coil isn't getting enough power to heat the juice properly. Just a guess mind.

For new kit: so much out there and I'm a bit out of the loop these days. If money is no object, the Yihi SX series of mods are the tits but pricey. Grey Haze have a great selection of mods, so does redjuice - give those sites a look and find something that suits you. We'll come to how much power you'll need in a moment.

For a new tank, it sounds like you want something strictly MTL (what you have right now is a sort of halfway house) - nice tight draw and low power, high-resistance coils. Both redjuice and grey haze have decent selections of MTL tanks. They have a lot of rebuildables, but if you prefer stock coils then the Aspire Nautilus 2 is pretty good by all accounts, and cheap at £20. Coils come in 1.5 & 1.8 ohm, so you don't need a lot of power (50 watts will be overkill for a setup at that resistance, and you'll get wicked battery life)

The absolute best rebuildable MTL tank right now is the Kayfun Prime, but it's fookin expensive. Also don't worry about temp control. It's a bother and you don't really need it anyway. Plain old kanthal works just fine. 'Long vapes' is simply a function of how much juice is going to the coil and the power applied to the coil - for stock coils, you need to get a feel for how much each one can take. Building your own is cheaper (and easy) and is far more reliable, but is that little extra bit of effort that can be a dealbreaker for some.

Phew. Hope that helps!

Edited by orpheus at 19:00:16 18-01-2018
  • jack5255 18 Jan 2018 19:02:19 765 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Edit: orpheus wins above

If itís turning off and removing/replacing the tank is the fix, it sounds like a potential short circuit. Most devices will display a short circuit warning but i suppose some may default to switching off.

I find unless iím changing flavours every few days or so the flavours all just blend into not very much unless i change the actual tank and coil im using for a different experience. It feels like it opens up flavours again a little bit to have more/less airflow or a wider/long/shorter chimney.

Just imo but thereís some good kits around that would get you a new device and tank for the change of experience

Edited by jack5255 at 19:03:27 18-01-2018
  • orpheus 18 Jan 2018 19:04:29 1,857 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @spamdangled Try Cosmic Fog Sour Melon or The Shocker or Ruthless Swamp Thang, Red and maybe Slurricane.

Edit: fml link FAIL

Edited by orpheus at 19:08:38 18-01-2018
  • TheDarkKnight 20 Jan 2018 08:31:11 796 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I was wondering whether a good move might be to buy a new drip tank first, and see if it improves my experience with the CoolFire, if not it should fit a new mod right? What would I be looking for in a new tank?

I found this mod pretty interesting, seems similar in function to the CoolFire but of course would be new and I like the design with the fire button on top, screen on the side. https://greyhaze.co.uk/products/modefined-sirius-200w-tc-box-mod-by-lost-vape
  • orpheus 20 Jan 2018 13:48:48 1,857 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @TheDarkKnight

That mod looks pretty decent for the price. Never heard of it but as I say I'm out of the loop these days.

As for trying a dripper (if that's what you mean), that will definitely be a direct-lung hit style of vape, and you would have to build your own coils most likely (think there's a Kangertech all in one with 'stock coils' but had bad reviews iirc). If you do build your own coils you'll have a ton more options for tanks - plenty of really good MTL and DTL rebuildables out there.

But like I said in the other post, if you vape like you would smoke a cig then you want a mouth to lung tank like the Nautilus 2 and some 1.8 or 1.5 ohm coils. Tanks are usually fairly cheap, so see what takes your fancy.

Edited by orpheus at 13:50:50 20-01-2018
  • Tabasco 22 Jan 2018 20:19:06 5,864 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Psiloc wrote:
    Iíve got an Aspire Pockex as my out-and-about vape. Look into that, itís exactly what youíre after.
    Hey Psi,

Just got one of these and I'm hoping it'll break me of cigs. I'm pretty new to vaping but have found that the mouth piece seems to heat up rather quickly. Is that normal or does the coil just need to 'bed in' first? Thanks!
  • Zeffi 1 Mar 2018 17:18:17 1,006 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My Smok Alien has broke :( Any recommendations for a replacement in a similar price range?
  • mAc6 1 Mar 2018 17:19:58 3,382 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Any non-Smok will do
  • Zeffi 1 Mar 2018 17:50:15 1,006 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Why the Smok hate? This one has lasted for ages until I dropped it.

Any recommendations at all?
  • Mr_Sleep 1 Mar 2018 17:53:45 22,571 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Could you not just get another one? It is the best one I have used. Although now I am using a 3 battery wismec due to my local shop being out of the Alien.
  • Zeffi 1 Mar 2018 18:20:10 1,006 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah of course, was just wondering if there was anything better for the same cost :) Ordered.
  • pk1980 7 Apr 2018 21:44:35 1,192 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Got myself a vapeman steam engine. It is a thing of beauty.

https://gloimg.gbtcdn.com/gb/pdm-product-pic/Electronic/2017/08/16/goods-img/1502943070841759200.jpg
  • mad_caddy 8 Apr 2018 20:16:29 3,611 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Smok pro colour is lovely. I had a problematic alien. Moved to pro colour. Love it. Coil quality has improved in recent months. X4 tfv8s all the way.

Have found that some juices are better. Currently using a bubblegum millions flavour and coils are lasting absolute ages.
  • pk1980 8 Apr 2018 20:50:10 1,192 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    If you can hold out for a bit longer this is coming, maybe available elsewhere but not sure. The battery size is insane and nearly double anything else.

https://www.vapeclub.co.uk/vape-club-electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/smok-v-fin-8000mah-160w-vape-kit.html

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.