Vaping Adventures Page 483

• pk1980 8 Apr 2018 22:09:31 1,165 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Smok are the safe option, bit like the Nokia of the vape world.
  • mad_caddy 8 Apr 2018 23:07:49 3,566 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I've been on the bad side of smok. My alien was a shit box. Worked well to start with and then just wouldn't do what I wanted. It felt like it was popping the coils and was always too hot. So hot you couldn't touch the air intake.

I've now got some Samsung batteries, a good charger, my smok pro colour and the tvf8 x4's and I've had no problems.

About 3 or 4 months ago there was a really shit batch of coils. Seemed like they were all failing too quick. Was in vape hq and the woman said they couldn't even send them back and there was a fix to get them working ok. But things had got better. Since then I've had 2 or 3 packs of coils, 5 in each, and they've all been great.

I recommend a unit you can control the temperature of though, I find if I start the temperature at 30/35 with a new coil and increase it over the first 24 hours up to 50 then it lasts forever.

It is utterly crazy how many choices there are now.
  • sailesh 22 Apr 2018 22:30:31 626 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hey guys, I want to quit smoking cigarettes. What's the decent vape kit and liquid I should go for? I'm new to all things vape. Any recommendations would be awesome.
  • TheRealBadabing 22 Apr 2018 22:40:24 1,849 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Best advice is not to expect vaping to make you quit cigs. Use it as an alternative for when you can't smoke and see how you go from there. It is not a magic bullet.

Saying that, don't go for some shitty cig-a-like as they will disappoint every time. Talk to your local vape shop, there are loads everywhere these days, and just tell them you want a tank with a bit of power behind it. Don't let them sell you a "starter kit" as it will put you off.

Some people will tell you about the X-Mod Pro 100W TC UberVape Xtreme with a Motherfuckin' Samuel L J Cloudmaster Atomizer. Ignore them and get a good quality mid-range mod (battery) and a half decent tank (the bit that sits on top).
  • sailesh 22 Apr 2018 22:43:38 626 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @TheRealBadabing awesome, will go in search for a shop :)
  • Deleted user 22 April 2018 23:12:09
    Great advice to be fair.

As said, don't get any pen ones or cig shaped ones, they're dreadful.
  • mad_caddy 23 Apr 2018 07:43:12 3,566 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Ignore my previous posts about smok. My unit has fucked up over the weekend.
    Bloody thing. Left it on the side, picked it up, baking bloody hot. Unit seems to be draining batteries and "always on".

I need a new box ffs. Not sure if I should gamble on another alien or try something different.
  • orpheus 26 Apr 2018 18:18:41 1,857 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @mad_caddy Try something different. Smok are a shitshow and always have been.
  • GuiltySpark 26 Apr 2018 18:28:09 6,772 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I'd argue Smok are good for tanks, but absolutely shit for mods. Got a broken one on my shelf right now actually.

Just get a simple two 18650 150 Watt mod. Mine is working a treat (Tesla Nano - it's a steampunk looking thing).
  • magicpanda 26 Apr 2018 18:39:39 14,828 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @sailesh

My 2p for actually giving up smoking

Aspire Zelos introduced me to all the indecipherable bollocks that comes with vaping quite nicely and it's easy to carry around daily. Tank is a bit fiddly though.

Don't get ciggy flavoured juice, in my experience you'll go back quicker.

Read up on the side effects of nicotine overdose when you first start.

Try and avoid the habit of using it indoors at home.

Don't scrimp on any of the kit or liquid.

Good luck!

edit: 2.5 years clean now!

Edited by magicpanda at 18:43:09 26-04-2018
  • pk1980 26 Apr 2018 18:53:22 1,165 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Smok just seem to release things all the time. Throw enough shit and all that.

At work whilst awaiting stock of the latest mods they announce more.

We have jumped on the I-priv quickly though, it is voice activated and speaks back to you.
  • oldskooldeano 26 Apr 2018 21:15:26 2,946 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I love squonkers and mech mods. Always happy to talk vaping. Everyone's vape journey is interesting. I was at VapeJam and will be going to expo next weekend. Anyone else going?
  • pk1980 26 Apr 2018 21:19:38 1,165 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Sister company is, as they were ay vape jam. I however am not. Wasn't asked to work it. Probably because I smoke the horrid things that shall not be mentioned.
  • oldskooldeano 26 Apr 2018 21:28:30 2,946 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Doesn't bother me, I'm not a Vape Nazi! Cool cool. I'm constantly thinking these days about how to make money in the vape industry. Even now it's still kinda small, but it will be the norm one day. Still plenty of opportunities I think.
  • pk1980 26 Apr 2018 21:42:32 1,165 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah I say that in jest. The directors are very pro vaping, obviously, however don't begrudge people smoking.

We will be mainly doing liquids at the expo, 100 Large will be pushed I'm sure. Not tried them myself but apparently very good.
  • oldskooldeano 26 Apr 2018 22:04:14 2,946 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I'll hunt them down and say some bloke on a games forum sent me!
  • pk1980 26 Apr 2018 22:09:21 1,165 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Vape base is the company ;)

100 Large is a liquid we have exclusive rights to I believe, in wholesale terms.
  • mad_caddy 26 Apr 2018 22:21:38 3,566 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I've been using I VG millions bubble gum with a nic shot in it and it's been my flavour for months now. Doesn't wreck coils.

Back with a new mod. Will see if this lasts. Smok tanks are very good.

Did fuck up today though, I didn't want to carry a short fill, so dumped some juice in an old nic shot bottle. Forgot k hadn't cleaned it and thought it was some old juice in it.

I threw it in the tank at lunch, had a nice vape. Started nice. Then the nicotine hit me. Fuck me. I could feel my heart beat in my eyes and I felt so sick! I haven't felt that shit since I stopped smoking for a while and started again.
  • Psiloc 18 Jul 2018 14:32:56 5,011 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Having bailed on my Smok Baby a few months ago due to coils lasting a little over a day (no exaggeration) I took it to my local vape shop and told them about the issue, and they recommended some third party "Vapor Tech" coils. Must say the first one has lasted a full week now with no reduction in flavour, and this is with some incredibly sweet liquids.

Thought I'd share in case it helps someone. They're VaporTech M4 0.15 coils.
  • BinaryBob101 19 Jul 2018 13:02:46 26,676 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That's probably your main issue right there, but you'll know that. Incredibly sweet juices kill most well-made stock coils pretty quickly. That said, SMOK have had a bad manufacturing run recently, or it's planned obsolescence - that might be more likely, the bloody chancers!
  • magicpanda 26 Jul 2018 09:51:49 14,828 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I need something that doesn't kill coils.

Prefer something fruity with a hint of menthol, (I hate myself for typing that).

Been using Nasty Juice - slow blow but it will burn out a coil in a day even less.
  • Drakesmoke 28 Jul 2018 01:39:43 517 posts
    Seen 19 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @magicpanda Try Six Licks. Only available in 100 ml bottles, but my shop gives me a bottle with two nic shots (this makes it a little under 3mg) for 20. I vape pretty damned heavily (frequency, not clouds) and it lasts better than anything.

Very nice flavours (blood orange and grapefruit is great, 'blackcurrant aniseed ice' might be more up your street. They are British based in Edgbaston. Very sweet and you can become desensitised to that by the end of a bottle so would recommend switching to something else halfway and returning.

Just seeing some previous posts about quitting smoking, in my experience I disagree with using vaping to partially quit. For me I had to fully quit, tried it cold turkey for about two days, was ready to go back to cigs and then moved to vaping and never looked back.

In around three and a bit years
    I've probably cumulatively smoked about four cigarettes when drunk, and I am counting a couple of tokes in here and there not just full fags. Every time I do smoke, I don't like it and feeling minging afterwards.

Smok coils are unreliable and short lived though. Poking holes in the cotton with a needle can give them a few extra days. I've found a sim removal tool to be really good for that, easier to grip and sharp enough to puncture.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.