Vaping Adventures Page 484

• ZuluHero 14 Aug 2018 09:22:00 7,415 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    News article on the beeb today:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-45170756

Still a good aid for helping to quit, but perhaps not a healthier substitute (as first thought) in the long term?

Edited by ZuluHero at 09:23:30 14-08-2018
  • billythekid 14 Aug 2018 09:30:48 12,353 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I've just got a Horizon Tech Falcon tank with the mesh coil in it, wow some great flavour from this thing.
    Using Tropix blackcurrant juice and it's like vaping on blackcurrant Tunes cough sweets!
    Beautiful!!
  • Psiloc 14 Aug 2018 09:32:19 5,081 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I remember not long ago a study being done where they actually tested the effects of the vapour on the lungs (rather than just studying the components in the liquid) and the opinion among the vaping community was that they had in fact simply tested the effects of constantly dry hitting a coil.

No idea if this is that study or not but there it is.
  • ZuluHero 14 Aug 2018 09:49:04 7,415 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This one is more about 'damaging vital immune system cells'

Researchers found e-cigarette vapour disabled important immune cells in the lung and boosted inflammation.
    Not sure how much is in it at the moment, but thought it might be of some relevance.

Edited by ZuluHero at 09:49:49 14-08-2018
  • BinaryBob101 15 Aug 2018 18:40:41 26,835 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    When PHE come out and back the study will be when I pay attention to it.
  • the_milkybar_kid 15 Aug 2018 21:12:37 7,989 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Does anyone vape CBD? Been watching a Joe Rogan podcast with Dorian Yates (my GOAT bodybuilder). And he swears by it for general muscle relaxation after workouts and for recovery, antioxidants and skin care.

Never vaped before, smoked for about 4 years a long time ago. Where would you recommend to start? If anything I'm interesred in experimenting as my workouts leave a lasting effect as I'm getting older (only 32 but been weight lifting for 10 years).
  • Mr_Sleep 16 Aug 2018 13:06:51 22,593 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I have vaped CBD before. It definitely has an effect but the most effect I have had from dripping it under my tongue and swallowing it as instructed. Go for good quality ones as there is some tat on the market.
  • the_milkybar_kid 16 Aug 2018 13:42:16 7,989 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, you can tell the cheap shit from a mile off. Usually infused with some wacky flavour like 'berry blitz' or 'apple bonanza' as far as I can tell. Are there any reputable sites that you'd recommend?
  • Mr_Sleep 16 Aug 2018 15:12:51 22,593 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I get mine from a local vape shop. I get this stuff https://www.koicbd.co.uk in the neutral flavour.
  • Fake_Blood 16 Aug 2018 15:26:58 9,507 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    User name checks out.
  • Psiloc 17 Aug 2018 10:02:16 5,081 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-45212444

Stark contrast to the article the other day.

For example, it said it was "unacceptable" that a third of the 50 NHS mental health trusts in England had a ban on e-cigarettes on their premises, when there was a "negligible health risk" from second hand e-cigarette vapour.
    greater freedom for industry to advertise e-cigarettes
    relaxing of regulations and tax duties on e-cigarettes to reflect their relative health benefits

an annual review of the health effects of e-cigarettes, as well as heat-not-burn products

a debate on vaping in public spaces, such as on public transport and in offices

e-cigarettes licensed as medical devices

a rethink on limits on refill strengths and tank sizes

an end to the ban on snus - an oral tobacco product which is illegal in the UK under EU rules
  • Psiloc 23 Aug 2018 18:16:20 5,081 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What's a good tank nowadays?

I've got a baby beast at the minute but the coils aren't worth a damn and last about five minutes. Looking for something that lasts a while longer with good flavour and all the rest of it and doesn't leak.

I do vape the really sweet stuff gourmet stuff which is probably worth mentioning.
  • phycus 23 Aug 2018 20:40:28 326 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Aspire Cleito 120 is a good tank, 100 watt (rated to 120 watt) 0.16 coils is what I use. Coils last me about 3 to 4 weeks, also vape sweet fruit liquid (monster melons is my fave). Only caramel flavour seems to lower coil life to 1 to 2 weeks. Never had a leak, and you can get a fatboy glass tank for it.

Edited by phycus at 20:42:21 23-08-2018
  • pk1980 11 Sep 2018 22:15:02 1,192 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The glass bowl should be unavailable due to TPD, however not always the case as got one myself a few months ago.

Recently went nicotine free. Turned out to be an error on my part for reasons.

Today picked up an Aspire Gusto it is bloody great. Expensive to run, in vaping terms, but loving it so far.
  • eleven63 4 Dec 2018 18:19:38 2,496 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Not had a cigarette since Friday, when I got hold of a Juul vaping thing. As a dedicated 20 a day man for way to long, pleased that this is working, it seems, so far. A 'pod' a day is about a packet worth equivalent, therefore costs about 2.40 a pack, 1/5th of the price. All good so far.
  • eleven63 28 Jan 2019 23:45:39 2,496 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Now using an Vype ePen 3 - uses the pod/capsule click system similar to Juul. Pods are bigger, bigger battery life, better hit, and cheaper.

Highly recommend this type of set up if giving up smoking, initially at least. Easy to manage. Just remember to keep your Vaping gizmo out of arms reach.
  • fontgeeksogood 3 Feb 2019 07:34:21 6,099 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Years ago, either on this thread or the previous one, I made a gag about vaping causing popcorn lung.

I didn't think it was real

https://www.inverse.com/article/52946-popcorn-lung-chemical-diacetyl-found-in-vape-juice
  • BinaryBob101 3 Feb 2019 10:03:58 26,835 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's still not real.

Stop looking for vaping to kill people pes. It's dull AF. Just try to be happy that 3.something million have quit smoking in the UK for a healthier lifestyle.

If you need a source check out PHE - vaping is 95% safer than smoking.
  • fontgeeksogood 3 Feb 2019 11:22:50 6,099 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I'm not looking for that, all my point has been is that we don't know what the fuck is in the unregulated shit nor long term effects and "because it isn't a cigarette it's healthy" seems a bit short sighted. I'm interested in that as I am every element of health.

Not trying to spoil your fun with your vaping RIGS
  • BinaryBob101 4 Feb 2019 09:07:11 26,835 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't really vape rigs these days, just work in the industry and know it very well.

It's true we don't know what's exactly in the majority of the unregulated shortfill market, cause most of it it hasn't gone through TPD/TRPR/MHRA regs and testing, BUT, so long as you're buying from a trusted source (and TPD 10ml tested eliquids if you're that wary) and not some scum merchant on Ebay who added piss to the eliquid you'll be ok and your juice will be significantly healthier and safer still than smoking a tab.

I covered this shit for a while for a blog and even during the periods where DA was present in a LOT of juice, it was still orders of magnitude less than in a cig. Nobody has died from Popcorn Lung from smoking DA. COPD of course is another thing - plenty dead from that.

Popcorn Lung as you know PES comes from a situation years back in a Chinese popcorn factory where workers were exposed to DA suspended in the air. Huge amounts. Massive amounts. It's on a different scale to vaping.

I'm not saying vaping is harm free and 100% safe - it's not at all. That would be a ridiculous thing to say. That said, ecigs have improved the lives of millions, reducing harm overall.

I'd be on the side of PHE.
  • BinaryBob101 7 Feb 2019 12:21:29 26,835 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @fontgeeksogood PHE's latest: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/phe-publishes-independent-expert-e-cigarettes-evidence-review?fbclid=IwAR2kNOqbgKs23ddXiv9lkhllSj1hkSzKBHZKOPohCXtiakicJiP8hD6dMpc
  • fontgeeksogood 7 Feb 2019 20:09:48 6,099 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Bob, if you get popcorn lung can I have your stuff

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.