Controller S & THPS4

• Nemesis 20 Nov 2002 09:30:43 19,742 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Well, just yesterday I swore THPS could wait, but 10 minutes later I walked out of GAME with a new Controller S and THPS4 and both ROCK.

Controller S. Nice. Very nice. The button placement is much better and feels more natural. They are also flatter in shape. The left analogue stick has a different indent, the digital pad feels ok, I don't use it much. I've yet to test with Halo, Amped, PGR.

As for THPS4 - you've gotta love it. The levels are freeform, you skate around and pick people to talk to, who then set your challenges. There is the usual SKATE and Scores, but also tons of minigames. Trying to beat an Inliner in a race, holding onto a back of a car to stop it being stolen (go figure) capturing pink elephants for a drunk, the list goes on. Same speed as THPS3, graphics are top notch, animations are cool. Also with the controller S it comes into it's own. What with surround sound too, it's almost perfect. Love it!
  • Tiitiz 20 Nov 2002 09:36:29 1,128 posts
    Registered 18 years ago
    Had a Controller S for a while now but prefer THPS4 with the standard still. It's just i got used to it i suppose, i can see how the controller S appeals to others though.

THPS4, got it last Friday and love it. Only flaws i could find with it, is that you cant just keep piling on the points with the High,Pro goals. Once you reach it, the moment you stop thats it. I wish the 2mins just stayed active instead of auto complete. Easier access to the tricks menu is missing along with being able to change them during game.
  • Nemesis 20 Nov 2002 09:45:42 19,742 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Had a Controller S for a while now but prefer THPS4 with the standard still. It's just i got used to it i suppose, i can see how the controller S appeals to others though.

I'm used to the Dualshock for THPS, hence the 'S' works better for me. I still think I'll use the standard one for FPS and driving. Also I spend a week solid using the Xbox controller in testing, so I've adapted quite well to it now.
  • binky Moderator 20 Nov 2002 10:16:57 11,062 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    sounds like THPS4 is more like Aggresive inline ?
  • Nemesis 20 Nov 2002 11:01:44 19,742 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Apparently so. I only played the AI demo. Inline, 'nuff said.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.