Recently Completed Games Page 579

• DrStrangelove 21 Apr 2019 21:27:29 13,936 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Supraland (Steam)

Wonderful. Absolutely brilliant. There's a demo. Just play the demo. Do it.

10/10

Edited by DrStrangelove at 09:47:53 22-04-2019
  • Dirt3 22 Apr 2019 11:27:47 428 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Prey

Bought this for the pile of shame because it was cheap and a lot of people liked it. Anyway, decided to go to try to reduce the pile on Easter weekend.

What a game. Loved it. Probably should have realised earlier that I would like it because I loved dishonored 1+2. The extra features you have at your disposal like lift and the gloo gun really add an extra dimension to the first person shooter.

I got really pissed at Walter Kohl for calling me a rat. When I got to the space shuttle I couldn't figure out how to get in so I gloo gunned my way up a hanging banner, leaped across to the top of the shuttle and tried to gloo my way down the sides. Only when I got to the door two of the military operators laser beamed me dead every time before I could get in. Finally gave up only to realise that the best way in was through the control room. When I finally got in I was so mad I trashed his shuttle and filled it with gloo. Take that Kohl.
  • Tomo 22 Apr 2019 13:46:44 16,501 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Gah. I've tried and abandoned Prey twice, despite loving Dishonored/Bioshock etc.

Something about it just feels a bit clunky - the enemies in particular are really dull to fight in my experience.

:(
  • Dirt3 22 Apr 2019 15:32:24 428 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Tomo

How far did you get into it ?

I think one of the problems is that early on you get used to using the wrench. So much so that you continue to use it even further up the game, especially when the shotgun unmodified is so useless. But if you power up the shotgun it becomes much more effective.

I was blundering around for ages smacking stuff with the wrench when really the upgraded shotgun would have been the weapon of choice had I known how good the upgrades were.

Some of the enemies are bullet sponges. Game could use a decent machine gun.

As a game it really only starts to open up when you get to the outside of the station and begin to open the airlocks, and also start to get some of the advanced neuromod powers. Problem is getting there might be too much for some people.

The spoace station is fantastic from the outside. Very difficult to find out where you are at first and get your bearings. Then you begin to form a 3D map in your head. It's quite peaceful drifting around outside, watching the different parts of the station move in and out of sunlight. Awesome graphics.
  • Tomo 22 Apr 2019 15:56:21 16,501 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I probably played it for about 5 or 6 hours in total. Got to a big lobby and explored most of that area. Think it's the hub that leads to the rest of the station? Didn't get outside.

Yeah the shotgun felt pretty crap when I had it. And I was doing a lot of wrenching as you say.
  • richardiox 22 Apr 2019 16:26:19 7,646 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Tomo wrote:
    Gah. I've tried and abandoned Prey twice, despite loving Dishonored/Bioshock etc.

Something about it just feels a bit clunky - the enemies in particular are really dull to fight in my experience.

:(
    The game is at it's pinnacle when you avoid fighting the enemies. Alt.route.com
  • Bichii 22 Apr 2019 18:17:46 1,666 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I played 2/3 of prey on release and binned it . First time I played it more aggressively.

I re bought it six months ago and played it more stealth and strategic. Loved every second of that play through and then bought the dlc.
  • Bichii 22 Apr 2019 23:31:06 1,666 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Anthem.

So much goodness mixed with a lot of rubbish. Highly recommended if got on the cheap and you don't care for loot, you just want some si fi action.

• SiroccoJetProp 22 Apr 2019 23:50:53 273 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Get Even

£6 in the Microsoft Easter sale.

Good game, great story with a twist

7/10
  • wuntyphyve 23 Apr 2019 12:04:20 12,122 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Been away for over a week so had my trusty VIta on me. Decided to playthough Axiom Verge again. During my first playthrough I never realised about the secret worlds and I missed a shit ton of weapons as well. So got nearly everything this time (although I understand that only one secret world weapon drops per save file so If I want the other two I'll need to do it twice more).

Still though. Fucking brilliant game and enjoyed it even more this time. Wish the guy would do a second one.
  • TechnoHippy 23 Apr 2019 12:23:26 14,879 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    SiroccoJetProp wrote:
    Get Even

£6 in the Microsoft Easter sale.

Good game, great story with a twist

7/10
    Just started this, but got stuck in geometry once, restarted and then it crashed. Will give it another try.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 24 Apr 2019 21:13:53 5,708 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Far Cry 5 (PC) - 9/10

Liked this way more than I expected to. Skipped it on launch - I've not finished a Far Cry game since the first one and generally bounce off open world shooters - but picked it up cheap in a sale. Ended up really enjoying it. Helps that a lot of the grindy activity (hunting/gathering/crafting) is really stripped back in this, so I was spending more time doing things that were actually enjoyable rather than time-filling crap.

Anyway, brought the game home in around 30 hours. Not a completionist playthrough, but felt like I was done with it. Overall, I liked the setting, liked the characters (some nice Borderlands 2-style lunacy in there) and liked the ending in particular. Just picked up New Dawn cheap off cdkeys so will give that a go soon.

Complaints? The difficulty curve is a bit skewed. Things felt pretty tricky early on, when I had a tiny health-pool and shit weapons. But by the mid-point of the game I was pretty much a juggernaut and things were pretty easy for the remainder of the game. Felt like they could have done with a bit more endgame scaling for both the enemies and the player's inventory/abilities. But no big deal really.
  • welshben1982 29 Apr 2019 20:29:14 1,285 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Post deleted
  • welshben1982 29 Apr 2019 20:33:58 1,285 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Life is Strange (Xbox One Gamepass) - 9.5/10

Played this on Gamepass over the past couple of days, it starts off really well then the middle of the game gets even better but the last episode feels like it 'jumped the shark' a little bit. Wonderful soundtrack though & in some parts it was genuinely emotional!

A quite brilliant game for 99.9% of the time & I enjoyed it nearly as much as What Remains of Edith Finch, Life is Strange outstays its welcome just a tiny, tiny bit imo.
  • QBX 30 Apr 2019 00:49:59 37 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Technomancer

Dear God where do I begin. Within the first 30 minutes the game has managed every sin possible: poor dialog, woeful voice acting, frustrating combat, a lock-on that barely works, bland skill trees, useless AI companions, generic identikit enemies, robotic NPCs/lifeless hub locations and pointless loot chests.

I must have been crazy because after an hour I restarted taking what I'd learned thinking the game would improve. It never does but there are some positives...

The biggest of these is customisation - all clothing and weapons are visible on your party and can be upgraded with visuals to reflect these so there is an unexpected attention to detail. Music is decent with voice acting and locations improving marginally as you progress.

If I were to recommend this game to anyone then it would be to people who like fawning over stats and getting the most out of weapons/gear or if your a fan of the Mars setting and lore then that may be enough to see you through.

It just isn't enough though and most people will have switched off after 10 minutes. I wish I had.

2/10
  • SiroccoJetProp 30 Apr 2019 01:02:09 273 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Knights Of The Old Republic 2.

Completed KOTOR back in the day and got KOTOR 2 imported Xmas 2004 but never ended up finishing it for some reason.

Started from scratch again and played through it in about a week. Incredible game.

10/10.

Remember when RPGs used to be this good?
  • TechnoHippy 30 Apr 2019 11:19:24 14,879 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @QBX I couldn't even manage 30 minutes.
  • DUFFMAN5 30 Apr 2019 12:00:30 24,419 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    SiroccoJetProp wrote:

Completed KOTOR back in the day and got KOTOR 2 imported Xmas 2004 but never ended up finishing it for some reason.

Started from scratch again and played through it in about a week. Incredible game.

10/10.

Loved both of those games. One game older RPG I still have on disc is Jade Empire, I only ever played for about an hour. Maybe I should revisit.
  • Singularity 30 Apr 2019 12:16:07 3,119 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 I don't know how it's aged, but I loved Jade Empire back in the day, and would buy a remastered version in a heartbeat.

Edited by Singularity at 12:16:15 30-04-2019
  • HarryPalmer 30 Apr 2019 12:31:48 5,838 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Fucking loved Jade Empire at the time. I remember the combat being super fun.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 30 Apr 2019 12:39:31 19,392 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The hundred hand punch thing that made people explode never got old. Used to love that game.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 30 Apr 2019 12:41:42 5,708 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Jade Empire is good. Short - it feels like it ends just as it was really picking up pace - but still good.
  • spindle9988 30 Apr 2019 13:17:03 4,876 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    SiroccoJetProp wrote:

10/10.

Loved both of those games. One game older RPG I still have on disc is Jade Empire, I only ever played for about an hour. Maybe I should revisit.
    I would say Jade Empire is worth another go. I absolutely loved it at launch and again the 2nd time I played through it a couple of years ago.

For some reason when I was younger, I always used to play as the bad guy when given a choice. I did it on Star wars, Jade Empire, Fable etc. I must have got a bit soft now I am pushing 40 as I always go down the honourable pussy route now.
  • sirtacos 3 May 2019 02:30:14 8,128 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Definitely give Jade Empire a spin, and don't give up before you get to the second chapter as that's when the world opens up a bit and it took that long for the game to sink its hooks into me. After that it's great. A few potentially frustrating bits due to the combat system don't overshadow one of BioWare's best efforts to date IMO (in the halcyon time before the head writers left and EA swooped down to feast on the company's remains)

Edited by sirtacos at 02:37:57 03-05-2019
  • Bichii 3 May 2019 07:20:33 1,666 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Jade empire! 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍
  • RedPanda87 3 May 2019 07:52:08 1,876 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    Jade Empire is good. Short - it feels like it ends just as it was really picking up pace - but still good.
    Yeah that's my main issue. I remember feeling like it seemed like it was maybe half to two thirds of the way through (both in terms of length and where it was narratively) and then an hour or two later it was over. Great game otherwise.
  • Bichii 3 May 2019 07:58:00 1,666 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    https://youtu.be/63HEV4xcmvQ

Great music as well.

Kotor 1 and jade two of my favourite games ever. Anthem less so :)
  • Sharz 3 May 2019 08:23:00 1,889 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Shadow of the tomb raider

Pretty much as everyone has said, more of the same. Does have some pretty clever tombs though and the crypts to break up the story are a good idea. Overall if you liked the prevous games then sure why not.

My only real critism is that it doesn't really go anywhere they said the trilogy was about the development of Lara and how she becomes the Lara we know. The only thing this game does is she has the odd cut scene about her dad but otherwise ends exactly like the second game. Basically all done now let's find some more tombs. Personally preferred the rise of the tomb raider as the setting wasnt so clichéd.

7/10

Edited by Sharz at 08:24:27 03-05-2019

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.