Recently Completed Games Page 599

• Reacher 24 Nov 2019 10:49:31 2,908 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I haven't played Lost Legacy, is it good?

I still fire up UC1 and 2 on the ps3 every week. Just such a good adventure.

It;s just occurred to me that I have never finished Drake's Deception, and I have it right there. That's my Sunday sorted.

Edited by Reacher at 10:50:20 24-11-2019
  • creepiest-lizard 24 Nov 2019 10:57:03 792 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Reacher wrote:
    I haven't played Lost Legacy, is it good?

I still fire up UC1 and 2 on the ps3 every week. Just such a good adventure.

It;s just occurred to me that I have never finished Drake's Deception, and I have it right there. That's my Sunday sorted.
    Its great. Not just a piece of extended DLC either. A full game in its own right, more or less. Well worth playing if you want more Uncharted

Edited by creepiest-lizard at 10:58:06 24-11-2019
  • IRWATWO 24 Nov 2019 11:01:27 270 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 3 weeks ago
    Dragon Age 2. Meh/10. Nothing very much wrong with it, but nothing very much to remember either.
  • JamboWayOh 24 Nov 2019 11:03:18 16,041 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Addy__ wrote:
    Yeah lost legacy was super.
    I'd say Lost Legacy is the best Uncharted game. A mix of focused open world and linear, and a running time that respects the player without making you feel it was too short. I love the series but they can feel too long and later levels spam you with very difficult enemies, Uc2 and 3. Lost Legacy avoids and feels better for it.
  • Deleted user 24 November 2019 11:05:06
    @JamboWayOh

It's hard to argue against. I'd agree in regards to uc3 but for me personally I think uc2 is the best of the lot.

Damn this chatter is making me want to play LL again. I have it on disc.
  • JamboWayOh 24 Nov 2019 11:17:43 16,041 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Uc2 is a great game but it's later levels really sour the experience with spongy enemies that take loads of damage, have one hit kill weapons and don't get me started on how many enemies they throw at you at the end level while having a very bullshit boss at the end. Lost Legacy did great to avoid that bullshit end boss that's plagued the series.
  • DUFFMAN5 24 Nov 2019 11:19:06 25,137 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Star Wars: Fallen Order. 7.5/10.
    XboxX
    Time?
    Chevos: 20/39 405/1000
    Skill: pussyo (story) and the next one up from it!

A bit hit and miss, would have preferred not returning to same planets time and time again but on reflection and having just "beat" this morning. I did enjoy.
  • Darth_Flibble 27 Nov 2019 17:44:22 3,761 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Red Dead Redemption 2 (ps4)
    Had this at launch but didn't get that far (chapter 3) as had other games and its slow getting to where it opens up a bit. Overall I enjoyed it, some real clunky missions and controls but it has the R* style and the characters are decent I felt bad when Arthur dies and the epilogue missions were mostly good setting up the 1st game but its over rated by the games media, despite the graphics and detail, its not a strong 9+ or def not a 9. Also fuck the online mode

8.5/10
  • ghearoid 29 Nov 2019 15:42:07 3,259 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Pokémon Shield NSW

Completed all the gyms, plus the postgame shenanigans and collected 335 'mon so far. I've really enjoyed it, probably my favourite one since Silver all those years ago. 8/10
  • Zidargh 29 Nov 2019 16:01:43 2,027 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @ghearoid Sounds great. So the negativity was overblown then?

For someone who hasn't played a Pokemon since the Gameboy and a week on Pokemon Go, I take it you'd recommend it?
  • ghearoid 29 Nov 2019 16:09:46 3,259 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @Zidargh yeah, the negatively is completely overblown in my humble opinion. What I find funny about the online Team Yell Grunts is that they don't really seem to enjoy Pokémon games very much. All they do is moan.

I've played them since Red and Blue and this latest one is exactly what I wanted. I'd recommend it to anyone who has ever enjoyed one of the old games.
  • Zidargh 29 Nov 2019 16:21:25 2,027 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @ghearoid Wonderful. And how long was your game time?
  • Graxlar_v3 29 Nov 2019 21:16:00 8,551 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ghearoid wrote:
    Pokémon Shield NSW

Completed all the gyms, plus the postgame shenanigans and collected 335 'mon so far. I've really enjoyed it, probably my favourite one since Silver all those years ago. 8/10
    I agree with this, though gold not silver 😂😂😂 and I quoted like Pokemon sun.
  • Dombat 30 Nov 2019 18:20:44 1,673 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Outer Worlds (PC)

Just completed it on my last day of Game Pass. It's the definition of an 8/10 game for me - there's a lot I like about it and it doesn't have any major flaws, but it's lacking anything that makes it particularly special. Having said that, it's definitely one of the better games I've played this year and will probably end up on my personal top 5.

I found my story decisions satisfying in the end but my build choice meant that the companions were pretty useless in combat (my leadership stats were so low I couldn't even use their abilities). Something for a different playthrough in the future perhaps.

+ The time dilation mechanic is a good take on VATS
    + Likeable characters
    + Mostly reasonably well written and funny at times
    + I thought the difficulty balance was just right playing on hard

- I found the combat started to drag on Monarch. I didn't like fighting hordes of wildlife, although I did have some very tense moments during more chaotic fights
    - The UI needs some QOL improvements. Having to keep switching between quests and the map screen to decide what to do next is a nuisance

• Graxlar_v3 30 Nov 2019 19:33:40 8,551 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Shenmue 8/10

Dodgy half tank controls this remains an amazing video game. It just builds a really engaging world. The waiting can be frustrating but it just leads me to wonder the world and get to know the inhabitants a little more.

Tom is a problem though.
  • uiruki 30 Nov 2019 20:16:58 4,993 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    30. Romancing Saga 3 - Switch - 5/5 (Katerina route)

Firstly, this remake is disappointing in a few ways. Some of the backgrounds look badly compressed, the framerate is half what it should be and the interface is actually worse than the SNES version in some ways (no soft reset button, selecting towns on maps can be a pain).

The game itself, though. Wow! I bounced off RS2 because of the inflexibility of the LP system and the way it tried to push you forwards through generations and almost never allowed you to regenerate LP. This, though, doesn't do that and is a more traditional party-based game.

That's not to say this is traditional though - random character advancement, characters deciding they don't want to leave your party, a pretty much open-world structure (there are four main bosses before the end game and it turns out I did the hardest one first), and almost no explanations for pretty much anything seem to define Saga and this game is infused with an inscrutability combined with an ambition which means that it's full of surprises. Even if you play with a guide you only improve things; there is still plenty of stuff out there that's waiting for you to discover.

Overall then, a game that I thoroughly enjoyed and one with a number of events that I'll remember for years to come. The story itself might be a bit light, but much like Scarlet Grace the game is full of character and memorable moments.

Also, Senior Designer Gary Harrod?!
  • TFM_Excalibur 1 Dec 2019 22:41:17 1,676 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just this second hit the credits for jedi fallen order, my favourite single player game in the last 18 months at the least, great story, looks brilliant, best single player star wars experience I've ever played.

Literally taken the best parts from games over the last few years and thrown them together and for me it works.

Amazing what happens when EA aren't developing
  • DUFFMAN5 2 Dec 2019 03:51:25 25,137 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @TFM_Excalibur
    nice one mate, I thought it was ok, but brilliant you loved so much. I would definitely be up for a sequel.
  • TFM_Excalibur 2 Dec 2019 06:58:31 1,676 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    @TFM_Excalibur
    nice one mate, I thought it was ok, but brilliant you loved so much. I would definitely be up for a sequel.
    The ending leaves it wide open, hopefully the stuff that does need fixed and tweaked they'll have learned from, but otherwise yeah, being a star wars obsessive helped,

Outer worlds next.
  • monsieur-Cosmo 2 Dec 2019 08:46:20 513 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Rise of the Call of Gear Solid... I mean Rise of the Tomb Raider (Gamepass PC). I found the story a bit more interesting than in the previous one (TR 2013 Reboot), other than that it's nearly the same game. 30% mercilless killing, 30% stealth, 30% platforming, 10% tomb raiding.
    BTW the game crashed on me several times - especially annoying during the final cutscene. Disabling DirectX 12 helped.
    8/10, but only if you find Lara Croft attractive.
  • Malek86 2 Dec 2019 10:27:34 9,188 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Tbf, I always find it a bit strange that so many people complain about the killing in Uncharted and Tomb Raider, given that you do the same thing in a million other games, including those of similar genres.

You could at least argue that Drake is a pretty cool guy so his being unfazed by all the murders is a bit weird, but Lara has the personality of a cardboard cutout so anything goes for her.
  • monsieur-Cosmo 2 Dec 2019 10:49:28 513 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I wasn't complaining, somehow gotten used to it. If I wanted to complain about something I dislike in the new TR games it would defo be the "survival" and "crafting" aspects.
  • wuntyate 2 Dec 2019 11:33:53 13,358 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Death Stranding

Now I've had a day or so to digest this, I realise that I did in fact bloody love it from beginning to end. The plot, partly due to the fact everything is really hammered home towards the end, largely makes sense, as do the various characters and their motivations. Because of this - and also due to how stunningly realised and consistent the world is - the game world felt very cohesive and compelling. From tense stealth in a rained down nuked city full of floating dead things to gruelling treks across snowy mountain peaks, from surprising diversions in certain episodes to the gripping final few acts. I never found it less than riveting and not once felt any fatigue kick in like I normally do with open world games.

It's a very unique experience and for that reason I couldn't wholeheartedly recommend it to others. All I know is I had a feeling I would click with it, and I did.

10/10
  • TechnoHippy 2 Dec 2019 15:19:14 15,634 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Rage 2

A fun run and gun, with tactical fighting needed when you're outgunned. The world is varied and interesting, but the side missions are a bit cookie cutter and it's not in the same league as say RDR2. Driving was ok, but the vehicle combat was quite clunky and that made part of the final story mission a chore. Still, on the whole it was worth a play.

7/10
  • ghearoid 2 Dec 2019 21:10:43 3,259 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Breath of the Wild: The Champions' Ballad NSW

Now, I did enjoy this but I don't think it's as good as the base game. It relies a little bit too much on the take away all your tools gimmick. I loved that on Eventide Island, that was such a fun side quest, but here they go back to it again and again.

Overall, it isn't as imaginative as the rest of the game.

7/10

Edited by ghearoid at 21:13:05 02-12-2019
  • Kay 2 Dec 2019 21:15:46 20,303 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    NSW?
  • whatthefu 3 Dec 2019 00:15:15 1,286 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nintendo Switch :p
  • Reacher 3 Dec 2019 06:08:52 2,908 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finished the Titanfall 2 campaign, at last. It had some great sections, especially the time travel but. The multiplayer is a good laugh too, I'm hoping people give it a run via psn tomorrow.
  • Bichii 3 Dec 2019 08:50:52 2,041 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I think the mp is maybe my favourite of all time. I really need to install it this week for all these new player to harvest. :).
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 3 Dec 2019 10:57:46 6,929 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Kay New South Wales. It's the DLC for BotW that relocates the game from Hyrule to Australia. Basically, it makes everything poisonous and adds drop-bears.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.