Recently Completed Games Page 615

• JamboWayOh 8 Mar 2020 16:42:56 17,778 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    wuntyate wrote:
    Wolfenstein: youngblood

Was expecting something a bit shite but i loved that. Utter carnage. Unlocked a quad damage perk towards the end so nothing stood a chance.

9/10
    Interesting. You may well stand alone Wunty. I have read nothing but negativity about this yet you score it 90 fecking percent.

I enjoyed the previous games, maybe I should think about this?
    I'm playing it in coop with a friend and we've definitely been having fun with it. I can definitely see how it would fuck me off in single player.
  • Derblington 8 Mar 2020 18:05:36 32,703 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Replayed Ori and the Blind Forest this weekend, prepping for Will of the Wisps this week.
    I really hope they do something other than the trial-and-error escape sections in the new one. Theyíre fucking awful.
  • waggy79 8 Mar 2020 19:11:59 2,069 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Replayed Ori and the Blind Forest this weekend, prepping for Will of the Wisps this week.
    I really hope they do something other than the trial-and-error escape sections in the new one. Theyíre fucking awful.
    Yep, nothing enjoyable about them. And the 'combat' in general needs an overhaul. Anything more involved than just tapping a button would be nice. Regardless i'm still optimistic.
  • its-H1ggyLTD 8 Mar 2020 19:13:56 1,354 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    The talk is that it's quite different.
  • ChiefGB 9 Mar 2020 01:27:45 12,033 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah I too finally finished ori this morning. Iíve had it for years but hit a bit of a block sometime ago, pushed through this last few weeks but some of it really was painful, was lovely in general though and Iím now done for no 2. Didnít play def ed though is there much different?
  • Mola_Ram 9 Mar 2020 01:46:30 22,783 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The definitive edition has more difficulty options (to make some parts a bit easier) and a new area, I think.
  • Mola_Ram 9 Mar 2020 01:48:01 22,783 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fwiw I agree about the escape sequences, but they didn't affect my enjoyment of the game in any real way. I really, really liked it, it was nice to have a non-gigantic world for a change.
  • Graxlar_v3 9 Mar 2020 07:08:12 9,632 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    waggy79 wrote:
    Derblington wrote:
    Yep, nothing enjoyable about them. And the 'combat' in general needs an overhaul. Anything more involved than just tapping a button would be nice. Regardless i'm still optimistic.
    The combat has had an overhaul!
  • its-H1ggyLTD 9 Mar 2020 07:49:06 1,354 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Read that it's took inspiration from Hollow Knight.
  • Mola_Ram 9 Mar 2020 08:05:03 22,783 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hopefully it will continue to be more colourful than Hollow Knight.
  • Graxlar_v3 9 Mar 2020 08:13:28 9,632 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Hopefully it will continue to be more colourful than Hollow Knight.
    From the 40 minutes I have seen it looks as pretty as blind forest
  • SolidSCB 9 Mar 2020 09:01:11 12,227 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Shadow of the Colossus (PS4)

Finally! I think I had brief stints on both the PS2 and PS3 versions of this but never got further than halfway because of having 18 other games to play at the same time, but I did this in pretty much one sitting yesterday. Just an absolutely fantastic experience and I think I'm now going to try and get all the trophies I enjoyed it so much.

I do think it eliminates itself from any "Best game evar" type discussions as the controls are janky as fuck and a couple of the Colossi were a bit of a mess mechanics wise (the geyser one and the torch one in particular), but on a whole the battles were epic and there was a great diversity of really cool mechanics throughout the game.

9.5/10
  • monsieur-Cosmo 9 Mar 2020 09:26:50 560 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Victor Vran (PC) - it's been sitting in my Steam library, like, forever. An action RPG made by an unknown developer. Similar to Diablo, Van Helsing, etc. Abandoned it several times before, but this time I luckily "got into it". It is not bad, actually. Looks pretty, the story is not complete bollocks. What I disliked was the excessive amount of loot to sift through. Also some of the last bosses were annoying as hell (as is the case in most ARPGs). Had to switch difficulty to casual on the last one. A decent hack'n'slasher, imho. 7/10
  • AddyB_ 12 Mar 2020 16:20:33 282 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Resident evil 2 remake.

Claire's story arc.
    Absolutely super duper remake. Really enjoyed all of it. A scary romp.
  • wuntyate 12 Mar 2020 16:23:18 14,143 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's great eh. I should go back and do Leon's at some point actually.
  • AddyB_ 12 Mar 2020 16:34:29 282 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    wuntyate wrote:
    It's great eh. I should go back and do Leon's at some point actually.
    Yeah I was going to go straight into 2nd play through with Leons story but new Ori is out.
  • Mola_Ram 13 Mar 2020 10:34:18 22,783 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Murder By Numbers

Smashed through this over the last week.

What if Phoenix Wright, but instead of solving murders through deduction, you solve them through... Picross? Does that sound good? It does to me!

The in-universe justification for the Picross is handwaved away with a robot having to scan things for clues or some rubbish, but who cares it's Picross. It's accompanied by great music, funny dialogue, and a colourful cast of characters that - if this became a series - I would very happily spend more time with. The VN stuff isn't quite up there with the best, but it's more than good enough.

And it's cheap! Get in!
  • ChiefGB 14 Mar 2020 08:08:32 12,033 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yep Iím into this, that music, seriously gets in your head during prolonged puzzle solving. Itís the kind of game that when youíve devoured it all youíll miss the hell out of it.
    Hopefully this does well enough for a sequel. Seriously, if it appeals buy it. As mola said itís pretty cheap really and Iíd happily buy another.
  • its-H1ggyLTD 14 Mar 2020 08:23:39 1,354 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

Enjoyed the campaign, and the mp i tried. Haven't got time to sink into the GroundWar as i'm trying to clear some of my backlog before teh next gen.
  • RichDC 14 Mar 2020 16:10:33 8,756 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The Last of Us Remastered

Loved that. Best games I've played for years and can't believe it's taken me so long to actually get round to it.
  • docrob 14 Mar 2020 17:01:00 1,432 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hollow Knight (PC)

In years gone by I would have abandoned this game about 1/4 of the way through, but the 2019 PWYGGWYP challenge has made me push on through games more. Iím really glad I did, because this game is genuinely amazing. The difficulty is pitched just right - there are lots of bits that seem impossible, but after a little practice you figure them out and progress. It is incredibly polished for an indie game - so atmospheric, and so imaginative. The music is amazing as well.

Iím going to dock it a point for a few platforming sections that were just ridiculously hard and I eventually gave up on.

9/10
  • SnackPlissken 15 Mar 2020 07:53:02 1,604 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Final Fantasy XII. I was close to giving up about 10 hours in as the gambit system made feel like I wasnít doing anything, but it finally clicked and I started to enjoy it.

I found an exploit in the mines where you can level up quickly and get money. So I did that and sort of broke the game, as none of the boss fights were very difficult. Only a few times I switched out gambits.

Overall it was alright. Probably put it alongside FFX. Has annoying characters, but thereís a handful that keep you going.

Edited by SnackPlissken at 07:54:20 15-03-2020
  • JoelStinty 16 Mar 2020 18:35:22 8,630 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Vader Immortal.

A good introduction to VR. Made me feel a bit giddy. From a game perspective its pretty bare bones, but it does a great Job in immersing you in the Star Wars Universe.

The performance on Quest was a bit jittery but nothing to break the game.

4/5
  • cov 17 Mar 2020 00:23:28 2,168 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I thought vader was much better than the recent trilogy :)
  • MrAGSystems 17 Mar 2020 12:47:46 582 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order

A surprising mix of Uncharted-style platforming and Souls-esque combat and progression.

The combat isn't as tight or as refined as other Souls-likes, so it felt a bit of a chore at times in that regard. The level design is spectacular at times, but also too overbearing. Navigation was oft stressful, especially when you finish a task and have to get back to the ship. They also used the sliding down a slope mechanic way too much, plus it was pretty janky.

Characters were pretty solid and it looked great - when it wasn't crippled by I/O stutters (check out the DF video on it, it's still in a bad state at times).

At times fantastic, at times really not, a solid 8/10.
  • Rum_Monkey 18 Mar 2020 10:37:38 352 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    Days Gone

Put off playing this for ages because of the meh reviews, but I really enjoyed it. The mix of sons and the walking dead was a perfecting setting for me and I enjoyed the characters and story. Seen complaints it's too long but I was happy with the story length and really hope there's a sequel.

The map unlocking as you go and focusing one that area before moving on helps focus the open world aspect of it. Hordes are genuinely terrifying and take thought and planning to take down.

Will look forward to more.

8/10
  • TechnoHippy 18 Mar 2020 16:18:19 16,311 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Batman - The Enemy Within

I'd not tried any of the TellTale story games before and I quite enjoyed it. It's an interesting take on the characters, although a little strange in places. The gameplay is pretty light with some basic point and click and QTEs for the combat. Quick time events aren't my favourite mechanism, but they weren't too taxing, and did make for quite cinematic combat. I also appreciated how my choices impacted the story and the comparisons with other player's choices was a nice touch.

7/10
  • charlesperez 19 Mar 2020 13:06:33 1 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 2 weeks ago
    I always play games instead of doing my homework and it takes so much time! I just hate writingessays and after all I've found my way by using https://www.paramountessays.com and now I should't be worried about my essays for now!
  • Dgzter 19 Mar 2020 13:13:16 2,956 posts
    Seen 53 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Really nailed the age demographic of this here forum, Charles. Well done.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.