EGSS: Short Story Writing Monthly Challenge

• Deleted user 1 March 2015 20:19:11
    I've been reading the EG Nanowrimo thread (National Novel Writing Month) and thought it was fantastic. Great to see people being really creative. Writing a novel, in any amount of time, is a massive challenge so I thought it might be fun for the aspiring writers around here to do something similar but on a smaller and more achievable scale.

So we have Eurogamer Short Stories (EGSS!.) All you have to do is write a short story based on any three of the themes in the picture below. I got these 'Story Cubes' so thought I might as well try them out.

Choose any three symbols from the photo below by row, column or diagonally and get to work on your short story.

Ok, you have the rest of the month to come up with something! Or maybe it'll just be me here all on my lonesome. We'll see!
  • Deleted user 1 March 2015 20:26:58
    :D
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 1 Mar 2015 21:00:24 32,516 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I might actually do this, but I think jabberwoky has already won. Overcoming both physical and mental challenges, a well rounded character and a range of locations. Excellent work.
  • LockeTribal 1 Mar 2015 21:05:35 4,718 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I like this idea and if I have a bit of time I'll try and do something. Any guidance on length?
  • Deleted user 1 March 2015 21:08:22
    Whatever you consider a short story to be. From a few hundred to a few thousand words, I suppose. Feel free to suit yourself. Same with the theme, how you interpret the story from the dice is up to you.
  • Metalfish 1 Mar 2015 21:09:22 9,191 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I reckon I could probably knock one out.

(And I'll write a short story too).

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.