Following Titanfall 2 - PC, PS4, Xbox One

First Previous
  • oceanmotion 12 Mar 2015 17:44:23 17,358 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/03/12/titanfall-2-confirmed-coming-to-xbox-one-ps4-and-pc

Speaking to IGN ahead of tonight's BAFTA Game Awards, Zampella, whose title is nominated in three categories, acknowledged the game's existence for the first time.

"I guess EA announced a sequel, so I could play coy and pretend I don't know anything about it, or… yeah. So we're working on a sequel. No official name yet, but we're working on that. That's the main focus but we're starting up a second team and doing some smaller stuff too. Small, exploratory, taking it slow! It'll be multiplatform."

One thing Zampella was keen to think about changing was the DLC model for the future, citing Evolve's commitment to keeping the community united via free maps for all as the ideal way forward.

"I think that's a fantastic way to do it," he said. "I think having the maps like that in packs, it does split the community and it makes it harder for matchmaking, it's messy. Yeah. I don't know we won't do it again, I can't say that for sure, but the idea would be to do something different."
  • minky-kong 12 Mar 2015 17:53:06 14,751 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I definitely won't say no to more Titanfall, the surprise multiplayer hit for me since I got it in the sale last year.

Don't rush it out for this year, and build on the already brilliant existing framework and game modes and it will be excellent.

Also if you have to stick a solo campaign in there to satisfy some whingers don't make it an all style no substance CoD/Battlefield type thing.

Edited by kinky_mong at 17:53:24 12-03-2015
  • Deleted user 8 August 2016 10:21:04
    So i pre ordered this from shopto today for Xbox one.

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/xbox-one/XB1TI16-titanfall-2-inc-nitro-scorch-pack

The web page has 'Please note that due to the number of discs required to produce Titanfall 2, the game will be code in the box only.' on it.

Does this mean it will be a digital version of the game? If so, I am happy as the game is £55 on the xbox store.
  • Dombat 8 Aug 2016 10:39:16 1,914 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    There's just too many games.
    Yeah, I liked the first game but it didn't leave me wanting a sequel, at least over many other games out this year.

I'll get BF1 as a change of pace to Overwatch, but those two are all I need for my competitive FPS fix.
  • neilka 8 Aug 2016 10:41:34 23,908 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Graxlar_v2 wrote:

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/xbox-one/XB1TI16-titanfall-2-inc-nitro-scorch-pack

The web page has 'Please note that due to the number of discs required to produce Titanfall 2, the game will be code in the box only.' on it.

Does this mean it will be a digital version of the game? If so, I am happy as the game is £55 on the xbox store.
    It's been mistakenly copied and pasted from the page for the PC version.
  • minky-kong 8 Aug 2016 10:42:33 14,751 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Graxlar_v2 wrote:

If it does then I'll definitely get my copy from them too. Would much rather have a digital copy sat on my harddrive rather than having to change discs all the time, but the rip off prices on the Xbox Store always leave a bad taste.
  • Deleted user 8 August 2016 10:44:24
    Pretty much the reason i pre ordered from them.

They repeated the line on my pre order e-mail so i have hope.

Dear Grax

Your pre-order for Titanfall 2 (inc Nitro Scorch Pack) has been received

Titanfall 2 (inc Nitro Scorch Pack)
    Titanfall 2 (inc Nitro Scorch Pack)
    XBOX ONE
    £39.85
    Please note that due to the number of discs required to produce Titanfall 2, the game will be code in the box only.
    Pilot and Titan unite as never before in Respawn Entertainment's highly anticipated Titanfall® 2. Featuring a single player campaign that explores the uni…
  • DUFFMAN5 16 Aug 2016 09:29:18 26,679 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Can't wait to get on the beta (demo), front page suggests this weekend or next. I have already pre ordered the xbox version. Will give most love to that beta but will defo try the ps4 version as well.

Anyone else looking to play it ?
  • minky-kong 16 Aug 2016 12:31:15 14,751 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    For selfish reasons I hope it's not the Bank Holiday weekend as I already promised a weekend away with the missus then!
  • Technoishmatt 16 Aug 2016 14:40:02 5,142 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The tweet from Zampella suggested two weekends!!!

Super hyped. Had some great games on TF yesterday. It's definitely a classic

I know Zampella has said they were tweaking the build time for Titans, to make it more dependent on skill. I actually don't like this (despite being number one or two in most games I play) as it becomes too much of a kill spree thing. Everybody should get a Titan! That's currently my only concern :)
  • Ror 16 Aug 2016 14:46:26 20,333 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm in the odd position of being more interested in the single player for this than I am the MP. Will still give it a go, mind - the original was great fun until I started to drift away and get left behind. Some of the high-level play I've seen of the first game just makes my brain overheat or something.

EDIT I mean, look at this nonsense.

Edited by Ror at 14:54:22 16-08-2016
  • DUFFMAN5 16 Aug 2016 15:01:39 26,679 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Technoishmatt wrote:
    The tweet from Zampella suggested two weekends!!!

Super hyped. Had some great games on TF yesterday. It's definitely a classic

I know Zampella has said they were tweaking the build time for Titans, to make it more dependent on skill. I actually don't like this (despite being number one or two in most games I play) as it becomes too much of a kill spree thing. Everybody should get a Titan! That's currently my only concern :)
    The only real things that piss me off with the Titans is when you fall and immediately get blown up. I know you have the dome to protect you but there should also be a small amount of time where you can get out of harms was.

Also getting caught in the nuclear blast, when you have just spawned. or being a good distance from it but still getting wiped out.

The one weapon I can not abide is the feckin Smart Pistol. The amount of times I view my killers, kill cam and they are firing the feckin thing!

I still LOVE the game mind you. Gears and this in the same month...simply wonderful.
  • minky-kong 16 Aug 2016 15:10:12 14,751 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nuclear Blast is definitely my main gripe with the first one because it was very cheap., especially if a moron teammate is blocking you when you're furiously trying to backpedal.

Smart pistol I don't have any complaints about, the lock on time on other pilots is very slow so I barely used it except for regen challenges, and if you are regularly being killed by someone using it you're not moving around enough.
  • -Amelia 16 Aug 2016 16:00:59 3,164 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I hope it's terrible as I don't have the time to play it! Too. Many. Games.

Isn't it this, xcom2, battlefield 1, last guardian, dishonoured 2 and probably about five others all within about four weeks of each other? It's so retarded how every year they just stack October ish time instead of say release maybe a game in a month with no competition? You know how the music and movies industry often works.
  • Derblington 16 Aug 2016 16:34:48 34,878 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    The only real things that piss me off with the Titans is when you fall and immediately get blown up. I know you have the dome to protect you but there should also be a small amount of time where you can get out of harms was.
    No, there shouldn't. You have full choice/control over where to drop it - stop dropping it where you'll get destroyed before you can do anything.
  • minky-kong 16 Aug 2016 16:42:14 14,751 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Beta confirmed for this weekend and the next.

Bit odd to make Pilot Hunter one of the test modes IMO, I always felt that was the weakest as it's missing one of the key USPs of Titanfall.
  • DUFFMAN5 16 Aug 2016 17:40:41 26,679 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @kinky_mong

Agree with that, at least we get to look at new maps :)
    Are you playing on Xbox ?
  • minky-kong 16 Aug 2016 17:43:05 14,751 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 Xbone all the way! ;)
  • DUFFMAN5 16 Aug 2016 18:09:37 26,679 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @kinky_mong
    Good man ;)
  • Vortex808 16 Aug 2016 20:54:41 15,124 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Open beta? Noice. I likes a bit of Titanfall.

Hopefully see some of you in a mech suit this weekend.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 16 Aug 2016 21:04:23 33,763 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Oh cool. I'm totally in for this. Titanfall was brilliant.
  • DUFFMAN5 16 Aug 2016 21:15:28 26,679 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    Open beta? Noice. I likes a bit of Titanfall.

Hopefully see some of you in a mech suit this weekend.
    I will be there mate what flavour will you be playing. I will be mostly on xbox...mostly ;)
  • Vortex808 16 Aug 2016 21:38:05 15,124 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Same here. Will be getting Gears 'n' Titanfall on Xbone. I'll pobably get Battlefield on PS4 for those 900p though.

I need to decide whether to keep playing just cause 3 & fallout 4 or get rid of them before new game season starts.

Overwatch and rocket league ate up a most of the gaming time i had when i could actually be bothered playing games. Definitely in a gaming inertia just now.

Until October at any rate! :)

Edited by Vortex808 at 21:38:34 16-08-2016
  • Technoishmatt 16 Aug 2016 22:52:47 5,142 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Xbone of course.

I must say, I've never had any problems with losing my Titan straight away, unless I was a fool...
  • Technoishmatt 19 Aug 2016 06:55:36 5,142 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ok, so I downloaded the tech test (you have to search for Titanfall 2 in the store), and could do the training. The actual tech test starts at 9am PST.

Whoever is on first should start a Eurogamer network.

First impression: graphics looks clean, not massive improvement on original off the top of my head, but then again I think the original might have been a little grainy. Run and wall jump mechanics were a little adjusted, with a little more speed and control, and also MUCH improved melee. The original melee was pretty hit and miss, and involved near perfect distance and timing. Now it seemed to boost me to the target with a bit of a ground and pound feeling when coming at a grunt from above. Gunplay felt a little tighter, and overall satisfying. Didn't get to try it on a moving target of course...

I liked how they made the tech test into something in its own right, and the training was well done. I managed 54.70 I think on the training run. The top target is under 30s which is insane. Not sure I could do that on my pad! M&K seems doable though (although of course there is no PC tech test)

The two game modes this weekend don't seem that great though, although I can understand why they have pilot hunter to try to reel in new peeps that don't like AI.

Get ready for Titanfall :)

Edited by Technoishmatt at 06:57:20 19-08-2016
  • DUFFMAN5 19 Aug 2016 07:22:54 26,679 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @Technoishmatt
    All good.
    I was on xbox this morning around 4am. I think you were playing Rainbow Six ?
    I looked for the demo/test but could not find it, oh well, I will download when I get home.

I will be up for games late this afternoon and during the whole time it is live.
    :)

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 07:23:17 19-08-2016
  • Deleted user 19 August 2016 08:57:51
    Up on ps store now if you search for 'tech' - 12gb download, so with my rural broadband should get to play tonight. Hopefully :/
  • kadooosh 19 Aug 2016 09:15:07 3,239 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's downloading as we speak for me on ps4,  I'll be on as soon as it's done :) anyone who wants to join feel free!
  • Sci0n 19 Aug 2016 10:01:13 49 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    it wont connect... nooooooo
  • First Previous
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.