Following Titanfall 2 - PC, PS4, Xbox One Page 3

• MrTomFTW Moderator 19 Aug 2016 19:41:07 47,501 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I couldn't find an EG network on Xbox One... So I made one.

• pacrifice 19 Aug 2016 20:28:10 5,258 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I'm having trouble downloading this.

My connection is fine, 60mb down, 4.6 up. I know psn can be flaky but it seems solid and stable to me. so I start the download, leave in background, then notice later there's nothing. I've done this three times now. started a download again, rest mode but it's tricky.
  • DUFFMAN5 19 Aug 2016 20:35:26 26,679 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    I couldn't find an EG network on Xbox One... So I made one.

Search for network, wouldn't find it!

...Anyway played a good couple of hours and overall I like it a lot. There are some issues of course. The Titans take to long to fall. Even on Hardpoint lucky to see more than 2 or 3 at a time. The evac ship arrival counter is too long. The nades are under powered.

On the plus side the movement is sublime just like in Titanfall. Prob play Gears for rest of the evening, but I will be back on tomorrow.
  • HairyArse 19 Aug 2016 20:39:57 1,471 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    How does one acquire this?
  • Malek86 19 Aug 2016 20:45:54 11,985 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    For some reason, the thing that bugs me the most is how the cockpit entrance animation has been replaced by a generic third-person cutscene. It's just not cool anymore.
  • Deleted user 19 August 2016 20:48:02
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    Shitloads of ai in bounty hunt.
    Isn't that an AI mode?
  • shamblemonkee 19 Aug 2016 21:05:19 17,967 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    For some reason, the thing that bugs me the most is how the cockpit entrance animation has been replaced by a generic third-person cutscene. It's just not cool anymore.
    You what? wow that was like the best bit of getting in the titan.
  • LittleSparra 19 Aug 2016 21:14:00 7,926 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ^ Yeah that's a shame. Yet to play this but loved the grab-and-go pilot entrances...
  • Technoishmatt 19 Aug 2016 21:36:03 5,140 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hopping on Xbox one now - GT as forumname. Open to EG team up :)
  • anephric 19 Aug 2016 22:01:22 4,994 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Unt unbearable lagfest on PSN.
  • Radamel 19 Aug 2016 22:01:31 1,044 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    OK, so this is utter shit. Seems like Respawn didn't even try to emulate the first one's spirit. This is boring, empty and with a complete lack of identity.

I'll pass.
  • paulboy81 19 Aug 2016 22:11:18 461 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's ok, but it definitely feels like it takes an age to summon a Titan, unless you're doing insanely well that is. As a result it all feels slower, less frantic and not as over the top, which is kind of what I liked about the first one.

The 'Invite Friends' tab seems totally busted also, hasn't worked all evening for me and my mates. We had to create our own Network and use the 'Invite Network' feature, even then it was touch and go.

But yeah it's alright, could be great but needs some refining, nothing that can't be fixed.
  • Frogofdoom 19 Aug 2016 22:50:19 17,504 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone tried grapple entering a titan yet. It should work i guess.
  • Technoishmatt 19 Aug 2016 23:15:13 5,140 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's definitely a test and not a finished product! It doesn't have that final polish that makes all the difference. Also seems weird to have two pretty flat open maps for very little Titan/AI action.

Also sound has been cutting out for me.

I note now that wall hanging is a perk you have to choose. I miss burn cards, not an immediate fan of the amped thing.
  • rep- 20 Aug 2016 00:14:45 132 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Radamel wrote:
    OK, so this is utter shit. Seems like Respawn didn't even try to emulate the first one's spirit. This is boring, empty and with a complete lack of identity.

I'll pass.
    eh?

The gunplay is better than the original. Spirit? It is a 2 map pre-alpha.

Edited by rep- at 00:14:56 20-08-2016
  • kadooosh 20 Aug 2016 01:17:30 3,239 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Definitely not as good from what we've got so far. I played a good few days play time on the first game, this just feels off. Really does feel like cod aw to me, lots of sliding and jumping rather than wall running, or the complete opposite and everyone I should camping. Dunno, can't put my finger on it. Looks like most of the Internet isnt enjoying it either.. Hopefully they can adjust it, if not I may be giving this one a miss :(
  • binky Moderator 20 Aug 2016 01:30:42 11,139 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I remember my very first game of Titanfall. I was blown away with how exciting it was. That was a pre game beta too.

Felt nowhere near as awed playing this :(
  • Technoishmatt 20 Aug 2016 01:50:24 5,140 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There are actually a lot of changes I still need to absorb. The unlocks etc are completely different - I assume for the test they are massively speeded up. The titans have lots of weapons and equipment! A main weapon, a defensive tool, a secondary weapon (i like the laser blast!), a trap of some kind, and then a the Hail Mary.
  • DUFFMAN5 20 Aug 2016 04:16:24 26,679 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Played a bit more and I'm very sad to say this game is not a patch on Titanfall :(
    Where are the burn cards?
    Where is the atmosphere?
    Titans do not feel as powerful and majestic as before.
    I'm not sure all the changes were necessary. Obviously it is not the completed game and only a small amount of content but we care only 2 months from release.
    I will be playing more but at the moment I am thinking of cancelling the pre order and just keep playing the original game for my kicks.
  • griff_dai 20 Aug 2016 06:16:13 706 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Played a bit more and I'm very sad to say this game is not a patch on Titanfall :(
    Where are the burn cards?
    Where is the atmosphere?
    Titans do not feel as powerful and majestic as before.
    I'm not sure all the changes were necessary. Obviously it is not the completed game and only a small amount of content but we care only 2 months from release.
    I will be playing more but at the moment I am thinking of cancelling the pre order and just keep playing the original game for my kicks.
    Thank god for EA Access that's all I can say. Cancelled the preorder because on the strength of the unfinished Alpha they seem to have ripped the heart out of the game I loved and replaced it with a game mechanic I can find in any other FPS....

Respawn need to put this back in the oven for a few months I think!

Edited by griff_dai at 06:16:31 20-08-2016
  • DUFFMAN5 20 Aug 2016 06:33:15 26,679 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @griff_dai

I know, the very essence of what separated it from Cod etal was the titans and the way they mixed up gameplay.

Played a game of Hardpoint this morning, I think we won in around 13 minutes outed (15 being game over) 4 mechs dropped the entire game and that is for both teams! They have to improve the speed at which you get enough points to drop your titan

One idea of hardpoint would be to set your mech to defend the point while you hunt down the next one, hard to do when for the first 10 odd mins no Titans drop.

I have unlocked the spider-robot boost, which to give it credit is cool.

The points raised could be moot anyway, just found out that you can rank up to lvl 1000 in Gears4...that is going to take some time ;)
  • Deleted user 20 August 2016 06:42:51
    Me and Modo came to the conclusion last night that Hardpoint isn't very good not the game itself. Either the mode needs to be tweaked some more or the maps aren't suited to the mode.

We had a ton of fun on Bounty hunt though and Titans were dropping all over the place.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.