Nintendo Switch Page 1044

• Armoured_Bear 13 Jun 2018 15:41:52 22,562 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Don't think I'll be buying anything till next year (unless we have more surprises).
    Not a bad thing as I'll have a chance of finishing some of Xenoblade, Mario x Rabbids, Nioh, Persona 5, Horizon:ZD, The Last Guardian, Inside, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Uncharted 4 DLC etc.
  • the_milkybar_kid 13 Jun 2018 15:46:53 7,012 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    They were never going to keep up the momentum from last year. I still maintain that the Switch had the greatest launch year in terms of titles of all time. But come on... The key is to keep the fucking ball rolling. I don't expect a plethora of games to drop this year, but sprinkle them throughout and announce more games that you're working on.

I've never been into Smash, I found the demo for Octopath to be quite frustrating so the only thing I'm looking forward to this year is Dark Souls. A 7 year old game.
  • Help_me 13 Jun 2018 15:57:15 1,013 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Much like me. Souls and Wolfenstein are the only things on my list at the moment - although if the sale going live tomorrow has Splatoon at a good price I'll pick that up too.
  • Duffking 13 Jun 2018 16:14:45 15,577 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Er so Fortnite doesnt work for me any more, just crashes after logging in. Redownloaded it and everything :/
  • Phattso 13 Jun 2018 16:16:25 23,297 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    They decided that 2019 was looking a bit fucking barren so they've delisted it and moved it into next year.
  • Mrsyms1 13 Jun 2018 16:34:37 44 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    Xenoblade dlc and lets go! Is about all im interested in this year. Bit of a shame but there is plenty of games on ps/xbox to play til more games come to Switch. Nintendo seem to have lost all the momentum from last year and 3rd party devs just arnt all that interested
  • THFourteen 13 Jun 2018 16:38:56 48,516 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    DakeyrasUK wrote:
    A bit small... Link to image

Certainly looking light in November and December. But I'm happy with Mario Tennis, Mario rabbids dlc, Octopath traveller, Okami HD, xenoblade dlc, mario party, star link, pokemon, smash bros. To provide something each month.

Not that I will by any means be getting them all, but there is something each month for me.
    Can't see Firewatch on those lists. Thought that was supposed to be released in Spring?!
    Also missing Pillars of Eternity 2 unless i got that wrong?

Also looks a bit bland for me, although depending on release dates i still want Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Xenoblade DLC, and possibly PoE 2 / Wasteland 2.
  • Mrsyms1 13 Jun 2018 16:53:32 44 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    And they locked Mew behind a £45 piece of plastic trash. I expected them to fix the issues around catching Mew in Pokemon red/blue/green/yellow, not rip off their fans even more.
  • Load_2.0 13 Jun 2018 16:53:44 26,729 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Games support drying up already. Zero third party. I wouldn't get excited about 2019 I doubt it will get any releases beyond this year.

Dead in the water.

Roll on next console.
  • el_pollo_diablo 13 Jun 2018 17:00:16 2,795 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The Switch is selling though, or at least I thought it was. Suprised a few more announcements weren't forthcoming from EA, Ubisoft etc.
  • Addyb_V2 13 Jun 2018 17:03:25 395 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    I wonder how well it would run Dolphin.
  • mumtoucher 13 Jun 2018 17:06:28 527 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    EA should just release bad company 2 on the switch. I'd be well happy with that.
  • YYDeckard 13 Jun 2018 17:10:07 107 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Mrsyms1 wrote:
    And they locked Mew behind a £45 piece of plastic trash. I expected them to fix the issues around catching Mew in Pokemon red/blue/green/yellow, not rip off their fans even more.
    Funny that my nephew who is a hardcore fan is very excited by that plastic as are these

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/06/hands_on_catching_a_curveball_with_the_poke_ball_plus_the_switchs_latest_must-have_accessory

So you can hear the Pokemon trapped in it - cool
  • JiveHound 13 Jun 2018 17:21:55 9,518 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm actually fine with the games being released this year, I just can't help being disappointed that we didn't see anything by Retro, Next Level or the new Metroid.

I'll still buy and enjoy Mario Tennis, Smash, Octo DLC and there's more than a handful of indies I want and remain simmering with excitement at what 2019 brings
  • JiveHound 13 Jun 2018 17:27:04 9,518 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    YYDeckard wrote:
    Mrsyms1 wrote:
    Funny that my nephew who is a hardcore fan is very excited by that plastic as are these

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/06/hands_on_catching_a_curveball_with_the_poke_ball_plus_the_switchs_latest_must-have_accessory

So you can hear the Pokemon trapped in it - cool
    That actually sounds pretty cool, kids are bound to love this
  • Mrsyms1 13 Jun 2018 17:40:30 44 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    @YYDeckard Sell the controller so people can use it, thats fine, but dont lock one of the rarest legendary pokemon behind a £45 paywall. Fans have waited like 20years to catch Mew legit in this game. Instead of fixing it for fans, they ruin it again. The joke surrounding catching Mew should never of happened 20 years ago, and now they do this kind of rubbish
  • Murbs 13 Jun 2018 18:28:50 23,900 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What's so special about this particular pokemon? Genuinely interested.
  • H1ggyLTD 13 Jun 2018 18:32:34 9,436 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I can't see why you wouldn't buy the controller if you were playing that game.
  • neilka 13 Jun 2018 18:32:48 21,411 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's a sentient urinal cake.
  • JoelStinty 13 Jun 2018 18:46:06 6,544 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    el_pollo_diablo wrote:
    The Switch is selling though, or at least I thought it was. Suprised a few more announcements weren't forthcoming from EA, Ubisoft etc.
    Yeah Iím a bit surprised we didnít get more announcements really from third parties. Especially EA. Burnout paradise would have been great and feesible for them to do. Ubisoft and Bethesda support has been great though.

I think most support will be Japanese related, think level 5 etc will show a fair bit at tgs
  • Mrsyms1 13 Jun 2018 19:31:41 44 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    @Murbs lots of things, but on a Pokemon ability/stats level he can learn every TM, HM or MT in the game pretty much and he is the only Pokemon that can use the Z move genesis super nova. But also things like never being able to catch him in Gen 1 legit, the fact he was one of the first mythic Pokemon and he was also one of the main Pokemon in the first movie just make him highly desirable.

Edited by Mrsyms1 at 19:35:22 13-06-2018
  • rwklau 13 Jun 2018 20:02:24 56 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    The_Goon wrote:
    Kay wrote:
    The_Goon wrote:
    jimnastics wrote:
    Grim Fandango Remastered coming to Switch:

https://www.vooks.net/grim-fandango-remastered-is-coming-to-the-switch/

Very happy with that! Haven't played it since the original on release, have been meaning to get around to the remaster. Lovely little surprise after yesterday.
    Surely, it will be far more expensive than a mobile/tablet version and offer little in the way of improved user experience? Why bother? Not trying to be snarky - genuinely interested in hearing why one would want this for the Switch.
    Because you have the option of both touch and button control options, and you can also play it on a big screen... that was my reasoning when I got the Switch version of Thimbleweed Park over the mobile/tablet versions.
    Fair play. Each to their own. Wouldn't want to play with button control personally so having it on big screen would be a waste of time for me. Would be just getting it on Switch for the sake of having a Switch game, which, obviously, is pointless.
    I didn't use touch controls at all for TP, I find them quite fiddly for point and click games. I much prefer using a traditional controller, as odd as it may sound. Being able to sit back and play on the big screen was just a nice bonus. It's the versatility of Switch ports that makes them the definitive versions of most games, imo.
    The original Grim Fandango was designed around keyboard/joystick controls and IIRC didn't support mouse (i.e. it was a big departure from other LucasArts adventure games). I haven't played the remastered version to comment on how effective retrofitting touch controls to the game was.
  • rice_sandwich 13 Jun 2018 20:11:23 4,506 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hollow Knight and the Splatoon expansion look good. They weren't really on my radar before watching the Treehouse has piqued my interest.
  • erasr 13 Jun 2018 20:42:09 177 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Who needs loads of games though? Someone above saying itís drying up.... thereís at least two excellent first party games coming this year.

Let me ask you a question: have you got a backlog of games to finish? Second question: are there any old games youíve missed but wanted to play? Answers are probably yes and yes.

I donít want loads of Switch games. Still have to finish Mario Odyssey because of the backlog of PS4 games I have.
  • neilka 13 Jun 2018 21:04:32 21,411 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The ideal console would be one that never had any games released for it at all, so that everyone who bought it had time to play all the games on the other systems.
  • Load_2.0 13 Jun 2018 21:10:25 26,729 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The next console will be called the Nintendo Backlog.
  • richyroo 13 Jun 2018 21:38:38 180 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sony had a 2 year drought with the launch of the PS4. Games dont just grow on trees, they take time to develop. A lot of companies got caught off guard with the amazing success of the Switch, now they are playing catch up.

There is plenty to play on Switch. Octopath out next month, so looking forward to this one.
  • Evasion 13 Jun 2018 21:44:05 13 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 1 week ago
    Honestly, the most exciting thing that I've heard from E3 this year is that the Switch is getting Grim Fandango. I'm not fussed about the console lacking games, though -- there are still a few that I haven't even tried yet. Banner Saga, Golf Story, the upcoming Pillars 2...

Edited by Evasion at 21:44:54 13-06-2018
  • macmurphy 13 Jun 2018 21:50:32 3,080 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I could do a decent military-type FPS (not been home to try Fortnite). Iíd take BFBC2 or maybe Titanfall (sure thatís locked behind a publishing deal). Seems like any good shooter would still do well because nothing else is out there. I guess maybe Fortnite will scratch the itch, weíll see.
  • mothercruncher 13 Jun 2018 21:53:13 14,958 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Iíd seen mine tomorrow if my daughter wouldnít freak out. Iíve played two of the best games of this generation on it in the form of BotW and Odyssey but now... not interested in JRPG stuff, never have been, not interested in Smash, Tennis etc and all the third party stuff I can (generally) play cheaper and with greater fielity on the PS4 or PC.
    E3 really needed to announce something special like a Goldeneye sequel, or WaveRace, Pilotwings etc. Fine, say the developers that drifted away from Nintendo during the WiiU years are now playing catch up, but, fuck, donít excuse Nintendo for not having a steady and stellar schedule for their AAA classics over 2018/19.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.