Nintendo Switch Page 1066

• DangerousDave_87 7 Jul 2018 23:11:20 5,098 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I got through WonderBoy and Blaster Master Zero with it just fine. The Pro Controller that is.

New page edit nonsense!

Edited by DangerousDave_87 at 23:11:56 07-07-2018
  • Evasion 8 Jul 2018 00:39:56 17 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    I hope that Shenmue 1-2 comes to the Switch at some point. Disappointed that it seems to have completely skipped the console.
  • macmurphy 8 Jul 2018 07:44:08 3,374 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Warframe is Panic Buttonís next Switch conversion. Hereís a link to why itís rather good:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2017/11/21/16687590/warframe-perfect-game-for-real

The story about the conversion is on Nintendo Life. All I knew about it was that some pest on here was always banging on about it (Goodform?).

Looks like we might finally have a top drawer multiplayer FPS (Doom is outstanding but multiplayer left me cold). Pretty excited.

In fact the more I read it looks less like a traditional shooter than Vanquish on steroids, but itís very well regarded by players on Steam. One to watch.

Edited by macmurphy at 07:52:22 08-07-2018
  • Deleted user 8 July 2018 07:55:58
    It's not bad for a freebie but it's unfortunately very repetitive and the grind is possibly the worst I've encountered. For the first hour or so it's not bad but once you realise the grind involved most will drop it fast. The gunplay isn't bad but it suffers from awful bosses and generic enemies. If you are a genuine oddball like GoodForm you will take to it. Most other normal people will avoid.
  • UncleLou Moderator 8 Jul 2018 07:59:51 39,747 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @Addyb_V2 I've not played it myself, but are you up to date on Warframe? It's supposed to be great now, I thought?
  • THFourteen 8 Jul 2018 08:01:42 49,633 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Definitely not liking the way the Switch is going. It seems to be moving more and more away from single player experiences into multiplayer stuff that I have no interest in.
  • Deleted user 8 July 2018 08:04:48
    @UncleLou

Yeah I played it with all additional content. Like I said it isn't bad but the grind isn't for me. Not when the gameplay loop gets repetitive after a few hours. Having to farm a boss for materials 20+ times really started to get on my tits to be honest.

Others will absolutely take to it and like I said it's a freebie so maybe I'm being a bit unfair. I'm genuinely baffled how it's so popular on steam though.
  • Frogofdoom 8 Jul 2018 08:29:27 9,739 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I didn't like it either, but it's been a while since I played it.
  • Deleted user 8 July 2018 08:29:48
    @THFourteen you should have a look at some of the reviews on other websites of the stuff that's out already for it. There's an awful lot of stuff that's single player and not platfomer based. I was fairly amazed at all the gems out there that I've never heard of. Quite a few rpgs etc if you look.
  • myk 8 Jul 2018 08:45:37 713 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think the key is the game does a good job of making you feel superpowered. When you're bullet-jumping through then air aim gliding to pop off a couple of headshots then landing and force lighting-ing a bunch of enemies you're pretty much playing the end of Thor Ragnarok. And it's like that all the time, rather than the 10-20 seconds most games give you.
  • Malek86 8 Jul 2018 08:51:02 7,383 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If Goodform were still around, he would be telling us why we need to be hyped. Let's unban him or something.
  • JoelStinty 8 Jul 2018 12:41:08 6,846 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Definitely not liking the way the Switch is going. It seems to be moving more and more away from single player experiences into multiplayer stuff that I have no interest in.
    Ys 8 came out last week. Seems to be getting good reviews. If i remember rightly you're into RPGS no?

Edited by JoelStinty at 12:42:01 08-07-2018
  • JoelStinty 8 Jul 2018 12:45:29 6,846 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    KRadiation wrote:
    left joy con is acting up. I remember nintendo fixed them for free but was that only for a short time after launch?
    It's been doing it since launch but got worse recently. the old left stick is not working or getting stuck or randomly dragging left without me touching it.

has anyone sent one off to be fixed?
    how long did it take roughly?
    Yeah i think my Joycons are starting to show a bit of wear and tear. I think my right shoulder buttons sticks so sometimes on the home screen it will scroll to the right. Doesn't seem to effect in game though and lately aiming down on the left analogue stick doesn't always seem to work. When i tried to re-calibrate them i had a few issues too. Still manageable though, but i might pick up a new pair soon.
  • THFourteen 8 Jul 2018 13:06:30 49,633 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    JoelStinty wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    Ys 8 came out last week. Seems to be getting good reviews. If i remember rightly you're into RPGS no?
    Yep actually had an eye on that, but with Octopath already preordered i am going to wait till next week - otherwise it'd be in the backlog!
  • Pipedream 8 Jul 2018 15:59:42 391 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm guessing Nintendo hasn't fixed the playtime glitch.

Nothing major but my BoTW is stuck at 75 hours and Mario Kart has reset. I want to see how many hours I've sunk into a game.
  • minky-kong 8 Jul 2018 16:13:41 13,909 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    If Goodform were still around, he would be telling us why we need to be hyped. Let's unban him or something.
    MichaelScottNoooooGodNo!.gif
  • BigOrkWaaagh 8 Jul 2018 18:23:22 7,947 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    jimnastics wrote:
    BigOrkWaaagh wrote:
    KRadiation wrote:
    left joy con is acting up. I remember nintendo fixed them for free but was that only for a short time after launch?
    It's been doing it since launch but got worse recently. the old left stick is not working or getting stuck or randomly dragging left without me touching it.

has anyone sent one off to be fixed?
    how long did it take roughly?
    It's just that it would have been under ki warranty then. You could try now anyway under sale of goods act if you're prepared to fight.
    Isn't it 2 years warranty for UK?
    People think that because we're in the EU, but our Sale of Goods Act is actually better than the 2 year EU one. The thing with both is that you have to prove that the issue isn't your fault. Some companies will roll over easily, some will try to make you jump through hoops to provide this proof in the hopes that you'll just give up. So as I say, go in expecting a fight, and if you don't have to then happy days.
  • Rufus 8 Jul 2018 18:30:17 1,839 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Mine's acting up too - drifting to the left. Noticed it whilst on the map screen in Skyrim. Gonna give them a call tomorrow.
  • erniewhatbert 8 Jul 2018 18:57:18 2,926 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Mine's has started drifting up in the last few weeks; calibrating it doesn't help.
  • Murbs 8 Jul 2018 19:03:58 23,970 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    My right joycon drifted up. Just bought some new yellow ones so original are now spares
  • Frogofdoom 10 Jul 2018 09:59:19 9,739 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That rather excellent hand of fate 2 is coming to the switch next week. I would wait for reviews though as they aren't renowned for great performance on the other 2 consoles.
  • sodpig 10 Jul 2018 10:19:06 40 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I finished Limbo this morning. Superb - thoroughly recommend. Big sense of achievement in solving all the puzzles (got pretty close to looking up the solution on a few occasions).

Inside is definitely going on the list, but next up is Octopath Traveller demo.
  • cowell 10 Jul 2018 10:24:32 1,578 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Did the Bomb Chicken review get pulled?
  • THFourteen 10 Jul 2018 10:48:00 49,633 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bomb Chicken in the Face?
  • Graxlar_v3 10 Jul 2018 13:16:22 4,078 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    spent a few lunch times trying out darkest dungeon. First impressions were this is a confusing mess, the writing is too small, holy shit this is stressful as i have no clue what i am doing and, oh my god... one of my guys just died of a heart attack.

Pushed on, took a little time to understand what is available in the starting area, picked a few short missions which gave me crests and built up my group of people.

I am on week 7 now, still really early and only have 3 people at lvl 2 but i have 180'd on this massively. This game is great :) the writing is still too small and the control scheme is just insane but it is perfect for the odd half hour play through to do a short/medium dungeon.

I am not looking forward to doing a long one :)
  • UncleLou Moderator 10 Jul 2018 13:26:27 39,747 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3 And that's after the patch where they increased the font size!

I am with you, though, it's still too small. Switch developers need to make sure there are a few people on the team who are 40+, and let them test handheld mode. :p
  • GarlVinland 10 Jul 2018 13:42:04 3,590 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I gave up on it on Vita because the text was too small and the controls were way too fiddly. That's not what shoulder buttons were designed for! Was thinking of getting it on Switch but guess they never fixed those issues.
  • Mola_Ram 10 Jul 2018 14:11:37 18,476 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You do get used to it. Maybe it's not much consolation, but at least the game is turn-based so you (mostly) don't have to fiddle with controls under pressure.
  • Graxlar_v3 10 Jul 2018 14:12:33 4,078 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    the actual controls in dungeon are fine, its the overworld ones that are kinda weird (but you do get used to them)
  • monkman76 10 Jul 2018 23:14:26 13,416 posts
    Seen 39 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dead Cells is out on 7 August and will be $20 (which is including a 20% preorder discount). So hopefully under £20.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.