Nintendo Switch Page 1215

• monkman76 8 Feb 2019 10:03:45 14,544 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    I'm actually looking to give Diablo 3 a go tonight. Any tips for a noob? What class should I go for?
    Sell it.
  • monkman76 8 Feb 2019 10:37:49 14,544 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Now I feel bad that my sarky comment is the only reply you've had. So here, have a front page article about the classes :)

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-11-02-diablo-3s-classes-ranked
  • Murbs 8 Feb 2019 10:38:38 24,206 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Flying_Pig start on hard, for a class the Necromancer isn't a bad bet. When I played on PS4 I initially went with the monk, I'm currently running season mode with the Crusader.

It's all fairly mindless but the joy is in the loot. I love it.
  • Mola_Ram 8 Feb 2019 10:47:13 19,495 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    I'm actually looking to give Diablo 3 a go tonight. Any tips for a noob? What class should I go for?
    Witch Doctor.

But seriously, go with whatever sounds appealing.

Barb/Crusader: basic hack and slash
    Monk: speedy melee
    Wizard: magic fire lasers
    DH: bows, turrets, traps
    WD: stabby pets and poison magic (and exploding chickens)
    Necro: pets and exploding corpses

As for tips, start on Normal (or Hard) until things start getting too easy to kill, then slowly increase difficulty. Getting to level 70 (don't worry, it doesn't take that long) is like the game tutorial. Once you get there, start experimenting with different gear and skills, and push higher and higher.

If you want more direction, you can see some starter builds for each class at:

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/

Edited by Mola_Ram at 10:48:30 08-02-2019
  • Mola_Ram 8 Feb 2019 10:50:32 19,495 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    And if you have specific questions, you can ask in here or the D3 thread. The amount of stuff is pretty overwhelming, particularly if you're starting the game fresh.
  • PatrickEwing 8 Feb 2019 11:15:46 2,404 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I see Fifa is £28 on eshop, 8 year old has been asking for this year's FIFA and at this price might bite as would be great to load onto machine for holidays, also the little cherubs can't lose the cartridge then.

Just one question, is it any good on Switch?
    Can they use in handheld form with two sets of joycon?
  • The_Goon 8 Feb 2019 11:27:43 1,206 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Okami HD down to £11.99. Might bite at that price although my backlog is ridiculous! Tempted to grab Guacamelee 2 as well. Hollow Knight just isnít clicking with me that well frankly.
  • The_Goon 8 Feb 2019 11:30:59 1,206 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @PatrickEwing Canít comment directly on 19 but I have the 18 version. Pretty happy with it. Itís FIFA on the go and you canít really argue with that. Can play two player with two joycons albeit you lose some functionality as you donít have a second analog stick etc. Canít imagine they have changed this for 19 but you never know with EA.
  • DJCopa 8 Feb 2019 13:10:42 1,821 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @PatrickEwing Doing the same - son has saved up Pocket money, so the price drop is great.

He has Fifa 18 and we play it in handheld with 2 sets of controllers, no problem.

It is good but I've never played Fifa on the newer systems, so can't compare on that front. I've heard some features are missing, but from the 'playing a football match' perspective, all good :)

edit: should have refreshed my page.

Edited by DJCopa at 13:11:19 08-02-2019

Edited by DJCopa at 13:12:26 08-02-2019
  • THFourteen 8 Feb 2019 13:45:56 51,339 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @DJCopa

I've played both FIFA 19 on PC and FIFA 18 on Switch, and i can really tell the difference in game engines, and the missing features.

Wouldn't buy FIFA 19 on Switch personally, but if the kids know no difference then should be fine, it plays fine.
  • DJCopa 8 Feb 2019 14:00:24 1,821 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @THFourteen Cheers. It's the fact his friends have it and has the updated players. If it was still £54 I'd put the dad-hammer down and say no, but for £25 can't really complain.

The only pain with Fifa is they don't have any sell-on value, but it is own pocket money....
  • brokenkey 8 Feb 2019 15:40:31 10,196 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    The_Goon wrote:
    Struggling to find an official Nintendo comfort grip - anyone know where I might source one?

Also is it worth keeping the GameCube adaptor and controller for SSB or should I get rid of it?
    Amazon?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Switch-Joy-Comfort-Black/dp/B01MS7YUA7
  • monkeyspasm 8 Feb 2019 15:47:59 2,960 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I have FIFA 18 and 19 on Switch and think that 19 is much more fluid and enjoyable.

I have 19 on Xbox One and while they're obviously worlds apart graphically, I've had more fun on the Switch version. It's simpler, quite arcadey I'd say, fast transitions and some worldie goals. It's like a middle ground between last gen FIFA (ie 360) and Frostbite - they've added some neat animations and lighting over 18. Tackling, fluidity and collisions feel better than last gen. I can play much better footy with this than I could with 18.

There are missing features from One / PS4 like Co-op seasons etc, but for FIFA on the go it's great. I'd highly recommend it.

Edited by monkeyspasm at 15:49:26 08-02-2019
  • Steifybobbins 8 Feb 2019 16:44:20 528 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    monkeyspasm wrote:
    I have FIFA 18 and 19 on Switch and think that 19 is much more fluid and enjoyable.

I have 19 on Xbox One and while they're obviously worlds apart graphically, I've had more fun on the Switch version. It's simpler, quite arcadey I'd say, fast transitions and some worldie goals. It's like a middle ground between last gen FIFA (ie 360) and Frostbite - they've added some neat animations and lighting over 18. Tackling, fluidity and collisions feel better than last gen. I can play much better footy with this than I could with 18.

There are missing features from One / PS4 like Co-op seasons etc, but for FIFA on the go it's great. I'd highly recommend it.
    I'd second that it's perfectly fine. Good even, just won an online FUT match 4-1 in the bath. Two last minute counters flattered me but a solid no nonsense display. Best get washed..
  • vyseofhr 8 Feb 2019 17:25:59 1,199 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    monkeyspasm wrote:

Pretty much this.

I have both versions, Switch and PS4, and I must say I have more Ďfuní with the Switch version. I find the PS4 version like playing in treacle after Iíve played on Switch for a few hours.

The fact that they added the PL, Bundesliga and La Liga broadcast packages to the Switch version this year really helped itís longevity for me too.
  • Flying_Pig 8 Feb 2019 19:19:22 16,093 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Thanks for the tips on D3. I'll let you know how I get on - even if it's just a decision to sell the game ;P

I'm still enjoying Zelda, but fancy a bit of a change before heading back to Hyrule :)
  • bone-on 8 Feb 2019 19:31:04 236 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Blazblue Central Fiction released today and itís an incredible port. So much content and the fighters and stages look superb and pin sharp in portable mode. Iím in fighter heaven, love me some blazblue
  • Lukree 8 Feb 2019 23:01:36 478 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Wow Warframe, with zero expectations this isnít toi shabby! Somehow I like the art direction. A bit Metroid alien feeling somehow.
  • Graxlar_v3 8 Feb 2019 23:28:22 5,929 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    bone-on wrote:
    Blazblue Central Fiction released today and itís an incredible port. So much content and the fighters and stages look superb and pin sharp in portable mode. Iím in fighter heaven, love me some blazblue
    I did not know this released today
  • GuybrushFreepwood 9 Feb 2019 03:02:27 644 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    @Flying_Pig I've played a couple of hundred hours on the Switch and a similar amount years ago on the PC. It can be very confusing early on and some elements are very badly explained (like the Cube). However there are tons of guides online (icyveins is somewhere I've spent too much time looking at builds) and it mostly starts to make sense.

Any character class can do well in the Greater Rifts (which is the end game challenge) but I've found Crusader to be the most effective so far of the ones I've taken to 70. Demon Hunter has been fun as was the necromancer. I didn't get on with the barbarian.

I've read that your first character should be a seasonal character as you can learn the game by working towards the rewards they have ( a set or armour) and your character is transferred to a "normal" character at the end of the season. Seasonal characters can only be played when you're connected to the internet.

Starting to think I'll trade my copy as its probably the only way I'll stop playing!
  • Mola_Ram 9 Feb 2019 03:42:24 19,495 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Afaik you only need to be connected to the internet to *create* a season character. You can keep playing with it offline. You won't be eligible for leaderboards, but they're not really worth caring about anyway.
  • el_pollo_diablo 9 Feb 2019 15:22:44 2,932 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Puzzle Bobble 2 is out and on the store. Introduces a VS mode, and the standard single player has branching paths (like Outrun, basically).

10/10 would play again.
  • DangerousDave_87 9 Feb 2019 15:25:40 5,716 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I saw Puzzle Bobble 2 on the store last night. It's very tempting. Played 2, 3 and 4 to death on the PS1. Is the first game worth picking up? I've never played that one before and its been on my Wishlist for ages.
  • el_pollo_diablo 9 Feb 2019 19:40:05 2,932 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    I saw Puzzle Bobble 2 on the store last night. It's very tempting. Played 2, 3 and 4 to death on the PS1. Is the first game worth picking up? I've never played that one before and its been on my Wishlist for ages.
    I have both on Switch - they're both great IMO. The first is simpler, but only in as much as it has one path through the puzzles, so you end up seeing the first three levels quite a bit. What I like about the second is that after you've completed the first level you get branching paths as you go forward, so it feels a bit more varied. Plus it has the -vs- CPU mode too, although I don't play that half as much.

Edited by el_pollo_diablo at 19:40:36 09-02-2019
  • bone-on 9 Feb 2019 21:57:48 236 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Seriously Blazblue centralfiction is amazing Iíve never seen blazblue look so good as it does on the switch screen. One of the best beat me ups ever made with all the DCL in the palm of your hand....... itís incredible!!!
  • JoelStinty 10 Feb 2019 09:29:57 7,594 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Looks like we will be having a direct this week looking over at ResetEra. 13th (either when it gets announced or is)
  • JoelStinty 10 Feb 2019 09:29:59 7,594 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Looks like we will be having a direct this week looking over at ResetEra. 13th (either when it gets announced or is)
  • DangerousDave_87 10 Feb 2019 09:39:33 5,716 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've heard that rumour. It's apparently from somebody with a 100% track record, too. However, they all get it wrong eventually. I'll believe it when I see it.
  • Graxlar_v3 10 Feb 2019 09:49:31 5,929 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Fire emblem related with any luck l!
  • YYDeckard 10 Feb 2019 11:16:11 202 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    wahay I just did Dead Cells three cell difficulty and was a hairs breath from finishing HOTK on 4 - just in time for the huge update coming soon that allows you to fine tune the game to your hearts content

Edited by YYDeckard at 11:17:04 10-02-2019

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.