Nintendo Switch Page 1244

  • Frogofdoom 11 Mar 2019 09:09:27 12,901 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My experience was probably sullied by the input lag on the switch version at launch. I had a few deaths to it and it really pissed me off. Maybe I should go back to it at a less stressful point in life in case I was just being harsh.


    Re: achievements. I never go chasing them but I do quite appreciate when you manage to pull of something you wouldn't normally be able to and it pops up on screen.

    Edited by Frogofdoom at 09:11:28 11-03-2019
  • monkman76 11 Mar 2019 09:25:17 14,656 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ^ Hollow Knight or Celeste?
  • Frogofdoom 11 Mar 2019 10:17:16 12,901 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hollow knight, I just didn't like Celeste at all.
  • DangerousDave_87 11 Mar 2019 10:18:53 5,792 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'd love to give Celeste a go, but I bounced off of Super Meat Boy once I hit the dark world. Would I enjoy it?
  • Kay 11 Mar 2019 10:47:11 19,997 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    If you enjoyed SMB, then definitely. The main campaign is challenging but not frustratingly so, and there's absolutely loads of content in there if you do fancy the challenge.
  • Ror 11 Mar 2019 12:31:39 18,358 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FYI, if anyone's looking to pre-order Guilty Gear 20th Anniversary, ShopTo have the D1 edition for a touch under £30 - a fiver cheaper than Amazon.
  • Murbs 11 Mar 2019 14:21:11 24,207 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I'm loving Celeste; it really helps the way the checkpoints work. Also if you save and quit you're not left having to start the level again. Really well designed.

    Hollow Knight still hasn't clicked for me.

    Edited by Murbs at 14:21:55 11-03-2019
  • Mola_Ram 11 Mar 2019 14:32:09 19,865 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    Hollow Knight is a game I could navigate from any point to any point from memory alone.
    ...really? I mean, I liked Hollow Knight, but ease of navigation/figuring out where the hell you are was not something I got from it. Lots of labyrinthine, dark corridors that didn't fit together spatially as well as something like Dark Souls.

    Hell, you didn't even get a map of a place until you found the map guy.
  • macmurphy 11 Mar 2019 14:45:12 3,783 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I saw this a while back. Looks like XIII. From GameCube days. Coop shooter has been picking up good reviews. Not many decent shooters on Switch so this might fill a gap for someone:

    http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/nintendo-switch/rico
  • PazJohnMitch 11 Mar 2019 14:49:24 14,392 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Not tried Dead Cells yet but have played Yoku, Celeste, Hollow Knight, Into the Breach and Undertale.

    All of those are 8+/10 games and I can see why each has its champions. (And I can also see how the harder games put people off).

    For me Yoku is noticeably the weakest in that list but as I said I still think it is a good 8/10 game.

    (Also played Oxenfree and The Messenger which I would rank between Yoku and the others).
  • quadfather 11 Mar 2019 15:12:34 34,310 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Monster boy is getting tricky. Just at the volcano. This place plus some previous areas have needed some bloody deft movement. My addled reaction time is being put to the test here! Still ace fun though

    Edited by quadfather at 15:12:56 11-03-2019
  • BigOrkWaaagh 11 Mar 2019 15:50:26 8,613 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    macmurphy wrote:
    I saw this a while back. Looks like XIII. From GameCube days. Coop shooter has been picking up good reviews. Not many decent shooters on Switch so this might fill a gap for someone:

    http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/nintendo-switch/rico
    I've had this on preorder for a while (on PS4), except apparently the physical date is somewhere in May, so I cancelled it today and await the digital release on whichever format is cheapest. It's $19.99 on the US eshop.
  • SnackPlissken 11 Mar 2019 20:07:48 927 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Reminds me of Die Hard Vendetta gameplay wise.
  • Ienjoysquid 11 Mar 2019 23:00:43 268 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ordered LA Noire so that can be my time sink now I'm not being the Dragonborn any more.
  • The_Goon 12 Mar 2019 08:50:38 1,222 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Got Guacamelee 2 on sale the other week and rinsed it to completion the other day. Loved the first and similarly enamoured with this one. Love the art style and the humour is great. The mechanics are simple but complex enough to add necessary variety to the gameplay and the harder sections are a worthy challenge.

    Took me around 14 hours (according to the game clock) to complete it and get the good ending too. I haven’t 100%ed it but I have no particular interest in artificially lengthening the experience. It was the perfect length and I’m content to move on. Far preferred it to Hollow Knight which still hasn’t gripped me. Would give G2 a solid “recommended” and an “essential” if you like metroidvania-style games and don’t care for darker styles.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 12 Mar 2019 09:01:44 8,613 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Rico is £15.99 on PSN today, presumably will be the same on the eShop. All things being equal I'll probably still grab it on PS4 unless some foreign eShop has a crazy price.
  • JoelStinty 12 Mar 2019 09:21:15 7,730 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The_Goon wrote:
    Got Guacamelee 2 on sale the other week and rinsed it to completion the other day. Loved the first and similarly enamoured with this one. Love the art style and the humour is great. The mechanics are simple but complex enough to add necessary variety to the gameplay and the harder sections are a worthy challenge.

    Took me around 14 hours (according to the game clock) to complete it and get the good ending too. I haven’t 100%ed it but I have no particular interest in artificially lengthening the experience. It was the perfect length and I’m content to move on. Far preferred it to Hollow Knight which still hasn’t gripped me. Would give G2 a solid “recommended” and an “essential” if you like metroidvania-style games and don’t care for darker styles.
    I loved the first Guacamalee. Will eventually get round to playing the second, but there are so many great games competing for time it may be a while yet.
  • rice_sandwich 12 Mar 2019 13:16:10 5,353 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I just ordered a Switch flip grip. Hopefully it will be good for pinball and shoot em up games in tate mode.
  • Phattso 12 Mar 2019 13:42:27 24,573 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Phattso wrote:
    Hollow Knight is a game I could navigate from any point to any point from memory alone.
    ...really? I mean, I liked Hollow Knight, but ease of navigation/figuring out where the hell you are was not something I got from it. Lots of labyrinthine, dark corridors that didn't fit together spatially as well as something like Dark Souls.

    Hell, you didn't even get a map of a place until you found the map guy.
    I played the game for 60 hours. There was enough challlenge and interest to keep me there that long. I’m sure the tiny world of Yoku would have been similarly navigable were there a good reason to play for longer.

    I could probably draw a map of HK from memory. :-)
  • el_pollo_diablo 12 Mar 2019 20:19:59 2,936 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    rice_sandwich wrote:
    I just ordered a Switch flip grip. Hopefully it will be good for pinball and shoot em up games in tate mode.
    I still read that as taint mode.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 13 Mar 2019 21:19:24 8,613 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    BigOrkWaaagh wrote:
    Rico is £15.99 on PSN today, presumably will be the same on the eShop. All things being equal I'll probably still grab it on PS4 unless some foreign eShop has a crazy price.
    Had a quick bash at Rico on PS4 and regret it, I should have got it on Switch. I had fun but it's basic and even on Pro it looks like a Switch game.
  • Toaster05 14 Mar 2019 20:05:06 2,122 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Castle Crashers on Switch?

    You know what? I'm ok with this, may even buy the fucking thing again.
  • DangerousDave_87 14 Mar 2019 20:27:51 5,792 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Borderlands 2 is also Switch bound, apparently. Along with Sniper Elite 2 & 3.
  • Flying_Pig 14 Mar 2019 20:36:47 16,128 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    Borderlands 2 is also Switch bound, apparently. Along with Sniper Elite 2 & 3.
    Hmmm - I might end up triple-dipping on Borderlands 2... :)
  • philreeduk 14 Mar 2019 21:36:02 518 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Has anyone here brought/played bomber crew? The reviews say it is a 'ftl like' and I'm trying to work out how close it is to that game before maybe taking the plunge
  • Ror 14 Mar 2019 21:54:12 18,358 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My copy of Blazblue Centralfiction turned up today, and I'm happy to report that it is an excellent version that plays really well with the Hori dpad joy con.
  • Deleted user 14 March 2019 22:58:45
    rice_sandwich wrote:
    I just ordered a Switch flip grip. Hopefully it will be good for pinball and shoot em up games in tate mode.
    Tis good. I like mine.

    Edited by AddyJB at 22:58:54 14-03-2019
  • SennaCujo 14 Mar 2019 23:44:24 329 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Impressed with Motorsports Manager on the Switch. Pretty much the PC port rather than the IOS version, yet not at a silly price. Looks really nice and plays really well so far.
  • jimnastics 15 Mar 2019 15:52:10 1,585 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Holy shit I had no idea The Red Strings Club was coming to Switch... released on eshop yesterday! This is an awesome cyberpunk pixel-art adventure game, highly recommend it.



    Edited by jimnastics at 15:52:29 15-03-2019
  • Graxlar_v3 15 Mar 2019 15:59:12 6,451 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    jimnastics wrote:
    Holy shit I had no idea The Red Strings Club was coming to Switch... released on eshop yesterday! This is an awesome cyberpunk pixel-art adventure game, highly recommend it.

    I just clicked on that link at work... skipped to a random mid spot and there is a man being wanked off in pixalated form. Prob best not to put it on your work PC.

    Edited by Graxlar_v3 at 16:03:40 15-03-2019
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.