Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Chapter 14 on Steamworld Quest and its suddenly got really hard :(
  • THFourteen 10 May 2019 08:44:49 51,720 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Thats where i am i think.... did the first fight this morning and yeah i think i ended up on like 1/3 health afterwards which is unknown for me.

Maybe need to respec into healing cards?

Will say it was probably a bit easy (on normal) until now

Also have you upgraded all your weapons?

Edited by THFourteen at 08:45:24 10-05-2019
  • OnlyJoeKing 10 May 2019 11:38:49 876 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Loving Steamworld Quest. Only a few chapters in but seems a cracking game. Not as good as Slay the Spire, but then nothing is.

Had a proper binge on the sale yesterday. You can use a few gold coins to get some classics on the 3DS virtual console for half price, so ended up buying about 10 games in total lol
  • Addy__ 10 May 2019 11:55:43 528 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    @OnlyJoeKing

Is steamworld quest remotely like slay the spire then? I might have to get on that.
  • THFourteen 10 May 2019 11:55:44 51,720 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @OnlyJoeKing

Seen a lot of people raving about Slay the Spire, what makes it different from Steamworld Quest?

Been waiting for a release date on Switch as it would be better suited to handheld IMO.

Mobile would be fantastic but unlikely i guess.
  • Addy__ 10 May 2019 11:57:16 528 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    Zippity-zap wrote:
    @Addy__

Nuclear Throne is also pretty good.
    I think I briefly played it on ps4 but that was pre rogue like addiction.
  • Kay 10 May 2019 12:00:12 19,999 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    FUCK YOU SUNSHINE!
    Dark Souls hater?
  • Flying_Pig 10 May 2019 15:30:00 16,132 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Thats where i am i think.... did the first fight this morning and yeah i think i ended up on like 1/3 health afterwards which is unknown for me.

Maybe need to respec into healing cards?

Will say it was probably a bit easy (on normal) until now

Also have you upgraded all your weapons?
    Some, but not all. I never really have enough cash to upgrade everything I want to.

I would say that the difficulty up to this pout has felt about right, but the damage I'm taking in battles now is pretty significant.

I'll try again later to see if I can make some more headway. If that doesn't work then I'll replay some earlier chapters to get more gold and XP
  • OnlyJoeKing 10 May 2019 16:02:50 876 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Addy__ wrote:
    @OnlyJoeKing

Is steamworld quest remotely like slay the spire then? I might have to get on that.
    They're quite similar really, in both you build decks of cards and fight a series of enemies. Slay the Spire is one of my favourite games ever now, and Quest is a nice and well done game in the same kind of style, so was an easy buy for me knowing how much I love StS.
  • OnlyJoeKing 10 May 2019 16:08:51 876 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    @OnlyJoeKing

Seen a lot of people raving about Slay the Spire, what makes it different from Steamworld Quest?

Been waiting for a release date on Switch as it would be better suited to handheld IMO.

Mobile would be fantastic but unlikely i guess.
    Slay the Spire is a roguelike, with progression that's a bit like FTL where you chose from different routes with a series of random events or enemies, with a boss at the end of each map.

The art style is really nice and unique, and the game is so well balanced. It's tough but you can get some really interesting card combinations, and the runs are quick enough to not be annoying when you die.

It's pretty easy to pick up too, would be a piece of piss after playing Steamworld Quest, they're very similar. But there's loads of depth too. Basically it's brilliant!

I've put in well over 200 hours on PC now so can happily recommend it on there, but yeah the Switch version should be really good too. Shame it's taking so long.

Another game like this I've enjoyed is Meteorfall on mobile. It's not quite as deep, but it's another similar game, pretty cheap, well worth getting I think if you like this kind of deck building game! Controls well on a phone too, generally just have to swipe left or right to use or skip cards.
  • Addy__ 10 May 2019 17:26:27 528 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    OnlyJoeKing wrote:
    Addy__ wrote:
    @OnlyJoeKing

They're quite similar really, in both you build decks of cards and fight a series of enemies. Slay the Spire is one of my favourite games ever now, and Quest is a nice and well done game in the same kind of style, so was an easy buy for me knowing how much I love StS.

Cheers mate. I'll add it to the wishlist. No rush as of yet as I've plenty to play.
  • Addy__ 10 May 2019 17:28:09 528 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    I did end up buying Wizard of Legend and Steamworld Heist for £11 ish. It reminded me that I own steamworld dig 2 and I've yet to play that. I should really get on it.
  • Addy__ 10 May 2019 21:50:47 528 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    Had a mini splurge in the sale so overall I've bought:

Wizard of Legend
    Gonner
    Pang Adventures
    Coffee Crisis
    Galak-Z void edition
    SteamWorld Heist

I had some coins as well so that haul only cost me £20.
  • Zippity-zap 11 May 2019 05:14:28 379 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    GALAK-Z is a great game.
  • Addy__ 11 May 2019 07:50:23 528 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    @Zippity-zap

Yeah I was playing it last night. It's good fun and bloody hard, as is Wizard of Legend. It was the first time I'd 'switched'(pun intended)on the tablet since maybe Feb of this year. Definitely need to start using it more. It ultimately can't handle the big games I like to play. I do like my rogue likes and other pick up and play games so for that it's got me covered.

Holy shit is the store full of shovelware though and still an absolute mess. I only found out certain games were on there due to comments on some forums.
  • THFourteen 11 May 2019 08:11:19 51,720 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Just cleared chapter 14. If it helps, it was a deck respec rather than grinding which did the trick.
  • Flying_Pig 11 May 2019 08:53:44 16,132 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Just cleared chapter 14. If it helps, it was a deck respec rather than grinding which did the trick.
    I'm part way through - made it further than last time and found a statue so hopefully I'll be able to clear it...
  • Dgzter 11 May 2019 09:36:36 2,772 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Really looking forward to Darkwood next week. Loved it on the PC, really interesting take on survival horror.
  • ZuluHero 11 May 2019 10:18:39 7,366 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah I'm intrigued as well. Never heard of it until that recent EG article.
  • PazJohnMitch 11 May 2019 11:52:38 14,417 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Steamworld Heist is a bargain at the current price.
  • Addy__ 11 May 2019 12:08:48 528 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    I shall be giving it a whirl later. Looks pretty good.
  • Mola_Ram 11 May 2019 12:13:19 19,927 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Heist is the best of the Steamworld games, including Quest (so far). I'd kill for a sequel.
  • Fourwisemen 11 May 2019 12:27:33 804 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well Katana Zero puts a big fat smile on the face. Not finished it yet, and I understand itís supposed to be quite a short game, but this is what I want more of.

Less than £15 and wonít outstay itís welcome unlike some big budget Ďitís only a good game if it gives you 100 hours bullshití (BotW an exception).
  • Cadence 11 May 2019 12:44:32 2,299 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Fourwisemen wrote:
    Well Katana Zero puts a big fat smile on the face. Not finished it yet, and I understand itís supposed to be quite a short game, but this is what I want more of.

Less than £15 and wonít outstay itís welcome unlike some big budget Ďitís only a good game if it gives you 100 hours bullshití (BotW an exception).
    Awesome soundtrack too.
  • bone-on 11 May 2019 12:49:13 270 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fourwisemen wrote:

Itís a brilliant game I didnít want it to end. Canít say Iíve said that about many games lately
  • bone-on 11 May 2019 12:49:14 270 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fourwisemen wrote:

Itís a brilliant game I didnít want it to end. Canít say Iíve said that about many games lately
  • PazJohnMitch 11 May 2019 13:00:37 14,417 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Addy__ wrote:
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    I shall be giving it a whirl later. Looks pretty good.
    Think I have already notched up nearly 10 hours on it and only bought it on Thursday. Playing on Veteran difficulty which is the one recommended by the developers. (4th hardest out of 5).

Got all the stars on the 1st area and a third of the way through the second.
  • Fourwisemen 11 May 2019 13:08:32 804 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cadence wrote:
    Fourwisemen wrote:

Awesome soundtrack too.
    Agreed and thereís not many games that make me do a Spotify search for the soundtrack.
  • the_milkybar_kid 11 May 2019 20:17:17 7,973 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What's Steamworld Heist all about then? Only played (and loved) the Digs. If you haven't played Steamworld Dig 2, you owe it to yourself to buy it.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.