Nintendo Switch Page 1266

• Flying_Pig 11 May 2019 20:19:27 16,199 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    the_milkybar_kid wrote:
    What's Steamworld Heist all about then? Only played (and loved) the Digs. If you haven't played Steamworld Dig 2, you owe it to yourself to buy it.
    Steamworld Dig 1 & 2 are fantastic.

Heist is a turn-based combat game with RPG elements. It's excellent and if you liked the Digs, then Heist is a must
  • Addy__ 11 May 2019 21:40:44 921 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    the_milkybar_kid wrote:
    What's Steamworld Heist all about then? Only played (and loved) the Digs. If you haven't played Steamworld Dig 2, you owe it to yourself to buy it.

Heist is a turn-based combat game with RPG elements. It's excellent and if you liked the Digs, then Heist is a must
    Are the stories linked in anyway or can I just play them seperate?
  • Flying_Pig 11 May 2019 21:52:49 16,199 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Addy__ wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    the_milkybar_kid wrote:

Are the stories linked in anyway or can I just play them seperate?
    Separate, but same universe
  • Flying_Pig 11 May 2019 21:57:01 16,199 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Snapped up Celeste and Minecraft in the sale. I would have double dipped on Steamworld Heist too, but for some reason you can't put multiple games in your 'basket' and simply buy them in a single transaction... :/
  • monkman76 11 May 2019 22:14:12 14,811 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    the_milkybar_kid wrote:

There's slightly more to Heist than that, in that unlike other turn based strategy games you can aim your shots, a bit like a snooker game. It adds a nice extra element to the strategy.
  • Addy__ 11 May 2019 22:45:30 921 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    the_milkybar_kid wrote:

There's slightly more to Heist than that, in that unlike other turn based strategy games you can aim your shots, a bit like a snooker game. It adds a nice extra element to the strategy.
    Playing it now. It's very good. Really enjoying the style of play.
  • PazJohnMitch 11 May 2019 23:17:36 14,523 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Heist is like a cross between XCom and Worms.
  • ZuluHero 12 May 2019 09:40:41 7,436 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    Steamworld Heist is a bargain at the current price.
    Thanks for the heads up, been waiting for that to drop! Had it on Ps4 but never finished it. Seems perfect for portable play.

I love the Steamworld series, love the art style :)

Edited by ZuluHero at 09:49:04 12-05-2019
  • Graxlar_v3 12 May 2019 10:05:55 6,867 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah I picked up heist, the original dig, the mutant Mudd collection as I remember them being good on the 3Ds and Tesla v lovecraft
  • Cadence 12 May 2019 16:17:27 2,309 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Heist is absolutely brilliant and a complete steal at that sale price. I bought it on 3ds originally and the small screen made aiming a bit tricky but it's much better on the switch.
  • THFourteen 12 May 2019 16:55:21 52,209 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Id quite like it on Switch as I already have the mobile version but @phattso
  • Graxlar_v3 12 May 2019 17:28:17 6,867 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Id quite like it on Switch as I already have the mobile version but @phattso
    What he doesnt know ;)
  • PazJohnMitch 12 May 2019 17:29:34 14,523 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    He knows.
  • PrivateFloyd 12 May 2019 18:51:55 5,196 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Any more news out in the wild on the new switch models rumoured? Massive regret on selling my switch earlier this year.
  • Malek86 12 May 2019 19:21:02 8,490 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I haven't used my Switch in a while tbf. The portable tax bothers me too much. And by that I don't mean the launch price, that would be acceptable, but the fact that Switch versions of games almost always keep their price higher for a long time. Doom came out over 18 months ago, how is it still full price everywhere? If it were a PS4 game, I'd find it bundled with potato chips by now.

Still, not gonna sell it. Just like the 3DS, I'll be building a decent library over time.

Edited by Malek86 at 19:23:06 12-05-2019
  • ZuluHero 12 May 2019 19:24:35 7,436 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    SWH is so brilliant, I'd forgotten how good it was and looks fantastic portable.

I'd even forgotten that it follows on from SW2, didn't it come out before that?
  • GuybrushFreepwood 12 May 2019 19:57:28 1,052 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    I haven't used my Switch in a while tbf. The portable tax bothers me too much. And by that I don't mean the launch price, that would be acceptable, but the fact that Switch versions of games almost always keep their price higher for a long time. Doom came out over 18 months ago, how is it still full price everywhere? If it were a PS4 game, I'd find it bundled with potato chips by now.

Still, not gonna sell it. Just like the 3DS, I'll be building a decent library over time.
    Buy physical and then sell when youre done for almost the price you bought it. Can hardly lose that way.
  • THFourteen 12 May 2019 20:01:08 52,209 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Malek86

Depends what type of game you play, as i play mainly big releases, the price of the games doesn't really bother me as the resale value holds very well as you say.
  • Malek86 12 May 2019 20:07:08 8,490 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm not the kind of person to sell games back. I've done it a few times before, and sometimes regretted it, because I often go back to old games in due time.

I'd rather buy stuff on sale instead. Sometimes I go for a Game Pass deal or something like that, but only because they are ridiculously cheap (like, 1 euro for 3 months? I'm willing to lose access to the games for that kind of savings)

Edited by Malek86 at 20:09:19 12-05-2019
  • THFourteen 13 May 2019 05:41:09 52,209 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Chapter 14 on Steamworld Quest and its suddenly got really hard :(
    Just cleared chapter 14. If it helps, it was a deck respec rather than grinding which did the trick.
    I'm part way through - made it further than last time and found a statue so hopefully I'll be able to clear it...
    Chapter 19 is rock hard...major respec needed I think. Made it through 18 by the skin of my teeth, two party members down and last one down to 200hp.
  • Flying_Pig 13 May 2019 07:22:33 16,199 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Just cleared chapter 14. If it helps, it was a deck respec rather than grinding which did the trick.
    I'm part way through - made it further than last time and found a statue so hopefully I'll be able to clear it...
    Chapter 19 is rock hard...major respec needed I think. Made it through 18 by the skin of my teeth, two party members down and last one down to 200hp.
    Wow - ok. I've not played anymore over the weekend. I'll keep going but a bit of a re-spec and grind may be needed.
  • nudistpete 14 May 2019 15:19:42 749 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm seriously running out of patience waiting for Virtua Racing to be released. Has anyone successfully bought anything from the Japanese eshop with a credit card, since I'm loathe to buy the vouchers for the markup play-asia have them for, or does anyone know what the release date is likely to be?
  • erniewhatbert 14 May 2019 15:35:23 2,994 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Completed the main missions in Bomber Crew (FTL-style crisis micro-managing a WW2 Lancaster bomber).

The controls on Switch are a initially a bit fiddly to get used to, but it doesn't take long to get into a flow with it. I had great fun in the approx 15 hours with it.
  • Graxlar_v3 14 May 2019 16:22:10 6,867 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Wow - ok. I've not played anymore over the weekend. I'll keep going but a bit of a re-spec and grind may be needed.
    You too talking about steamworld quest so much, pushed me into finally caving.

Yesterday i bought... super dragon ball heroes world mission. Its everything you could want from a Dragonball card game esq.
  • DangerousDave_87 14 May 2019 16:24:13 6,093 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    There's a Mario Maker 2 Direct tomorrow night. 15 minutes in length. \o/
  • THFourteen 14 May 2019 16:55:05 52,209 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3

I reckon you can finish Steamworld Quest in about 20 hours or so on normal. Then depends whether you want to mess around with cards or decks afterwards.

I really enjoyed the game, but if there is one gripe i have its that once i had a winning team i barely needed to make any changes, i reckon i bothered with under a quarter of the total cards available in total.

Edited by THFourteen at 16:55:20 14-05-2019
  • Graxlar_v3 14 May 2019 17:06:13 6,867 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @THFourteen lol, i guess you didn't finish reading my post :p
  • The_Goon 14 May 2019 18:25:30 1,297 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nudistpete wrote:
    I'm seriously running out of patience waiting for Virtua Racing to be released. Has anyone successfully bought anything from the Japanese eshop with a credit card, since I'm loathe to buy the vouchers for the markup play-asia have them for, or does anyone know what the release date is likely to be?
    Yes. I had to set up a separate Japanese Nintendo account though and Japanese paypal so it is a bit of a faff.
  • the_milkybar_kid 14 May 2019 18:26:30 8,003 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    There's a Mario Maker 2 Direct tomorrow night. 15 minutes in length. \o/
    Straight into the veins please Nintendo. Been looking forward to whatever form Mario Maker takes since launch.
  • waggy79 14 May 2019 18:37:30 1,992 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    nudistpete wrote:
    Looking at previous Ages releases they typically get released for the rest of the world roughly 2 months after the japanese version.
    This varies though, from 1 to 3 months.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.