Following Nintendo Switch Page 1293

• Mola_Ram 5 Jul 2019 11:23:02 20,834 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think it's worth playing in its original form, regardless of what's happening next year. And if the recent Secret of Mana "modernisation" is any indication, the one for SD3 may have some issues.

(though I hope it won't)
  • THFourteen 5 Jul 2019 11:26:42 52,595 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I was going to watch an episode of something after love island last night but ended up having a quick go on Slay the Spire that lasted 90minutes.

Got to the end of the Act 2 boss with an Ironclad block deck, only to lose the war of attrition. The boss i had kept hitting quite hard, so even building up like 78 block with a barricade was just lost in one turn, and eventually i ran out of time
  • BigOrkWaaagh 5 Jul 2019 11:56:15 8,782 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @THFourteen It is what it is bro.
  • Frogofdoom 5 Jul 2019 12:02:37 13,684 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Needed more body slam+
  • PrivateFloyd 6 Jul 2019 17:18:04 5,202 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So I splurged on dead cells and slay the spire.

Whilst slay the spire was definitely worth the purchase it's dead cells that has hooked me the last few days.

Bought Mario maker 2 but that hasn't left my sons switch yet!

Holidaying in Turkey so the switch is awesome for the nights once the wife and kids are asleep.

Going to download virtua racer tonight. Hotel wifi has 50mb download speed. Mental.
  • THFourteen 7 Jul 2019 15:00:53 52,595 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Woohoo credits rolled on Ironclad. Just the Defect to go of the 3, Altho I have no idea how to play him.

Feel a bit cheap, although my deck was a tailored block deck with 3xupgraded body slams, I had SO many good relics it was far too easy. 4 energy a turn, energy carries over, -15 block carries over, 1dex start of combat, god knows what else.

Even the final boss was a cakewalk, finished the game with almost full life.
  • Murbs 7 Jul 2019 16:24:30 24,311 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I'm in my best ironclad run atm. Going to struggle soon though as I was inflicted with constriction in my last battle and lost a ton of health.

Impervious plus body slam is a great combo though.
  • Destria 7 Jul 2019 19:04:23 2,870 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Just blasted through the final boss on Silent. Damn, poison can stack really high over those longer battles
  • Murbs 7 Jul 2019 19:46:33 24,311 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Murbs wrote:
    I'm in my best ironclad run atm. Going to struggle soon though as I was inflicted with constriction in my last battle and lost a ton of health.

Impervious plus body slam is a great combo though.
    Lost to the stage 3 boss. Wrong cards at the wrong time sadly. Still my record run with the ironclad.

Edited by Murbs at 23:26:14 07-07-2019
  • OllyJ 7 Jul 2019 21:40:11 4,528 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I saw a website linked on here that lists newly added titles to the eshop offers, anyone got that link?

Edited by OllyJ at 06:47:45 08-07-2019
  • el_pollo_diablo 7 Jul 2019 22:03:35 2,960 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Taking the Switch on holiday (at the request of the kids). Canít be arsed to take the dock but wouldnít mind linking it to the tv in the hotel. Any suggestions about the best way to do it? I know there were some iffy looking connectors about but didnít they brick the console?
  • BigOrkWaaagh 7 Jul 2019 22:39:38 8,782 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    el_pollo_diablo wrote:
    Taking the Switch on holiday (at the request of the kids). Canít be arsed to take the dock but wouldnít mind linking it to the tv in the hotel. Any suggestions about the best way to do it? I know there were some iffy looking connectors about but didnít they brick the console?
    Yeah, take the dock or live with handheld, unless you fancy taking chances.
  • Murbs 7 Jul 2019 23:31:59 24,311 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    OllyJ wrote:
    I saw a website linked on here that lists newly added titles to the estate, anyone got that link?
    Is that an autocorrect from eshop?

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/07/nintendo_download_4th_july_europe
  • RelaxedMikki 8 Jul 2019 00:37:59 3,087 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    OllyJ wrote:
    I saw a website linked on here that lists newly added titles to the estate, anyone got that link?
    PS Prices, maybe?

https://psprices.com/region-gb/index?platform=Switch
  • OllyJ 8 Jul 2019 06:42:24 4,528 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Murbs wrote:
    OllyJ wrote:
    Is that an autocorrect from eshop?

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/07/nintendo_download_4th_july_europe
    Ha yes, it was!
  • OllyJ 8 Jul 2019 06:42:46 4,528 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    RelaxedMikki wrote:
    OllyJ wrote:
    PS Prices, maybe?

https://psprices.com/region-gb/index?platform=Switch
    That's the one. Bookmarked!!
  • Dougs 8 Jul 2019 06:45:52 89,929 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Virtua Racing is pretty good eh? Cracking conversion
  • Mola_Ram 8 Jul 2019 07:02:51 20,834 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Woohoo credits rolled on Ironclad. Just the Defect to go of the 3, Altho I have no idea how to play him.

Feel a bit cheap, although my deck was a tailored block deck with 3xupgraded body slams, I had SO many good relics it was far too easy. 4 energy a turn, energy carries over, -15 block carries over, 1dex start of combat, god knows what else.

Even the final boss was a cakewalk, finished the game with almost full life.
    Nice work!

The Defect is probably the hardest to come to grips with (because of the orbs), but overall I think it's my favourite of the three. Hope you enjoy playing it as much as I do!
  • Flying_Pig 8 Jul 2019 10:27:31 16,239 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I finished Super Mario Odyssey this morning. I loved it from start to finish - it's pretty much flawless IMO, although it doesn't quite match Galaxy for me.

Started Hollow Knight :)
  • cowell 8 Jul 2019 10:31:40 1,946 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Virtua Racing is pretty good eh? Cracking conversion
    Great innit!

Although I did try a random online lobby game. Matched with one player and the latency was awful
  • Kay 8 Jul 2019 11:09:48 20,092 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    I finished Super Mario Odyssey this morning. I loved it from start to finish - it's pretty much flawless IMO, although it doesn't quite match Galaxy for me.

Welcome to 2017. :p

HK is the complete opposite to Odyssey in many respects - it requires a lot of patience and careful progress, unlike Mario which seems to throw moons at you at every opportunity. That makes it a much more rewarding experience in my eyes, but it's not for everyone.
  • Chug666 8 Jul 2019 11:25:57 590 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm late to the party but totally hooked on Zelda BotW- even though the pace I play games means it'll probably last me until Christmas. When is the sequel due to appear?!
  • cowell 8 Jul 2019 11:40:24 1,946 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No date yet. I expect at least a year out, possibly two. You've got plenty of time.

It's great because it suits long or short play sessions courtesy of its structure. I'd personally recommend the season pass. In general DLC2 content is where the meat is, but the Hero's Path feature from DLC1 is invaluable if you're likely to be taking your time over it.

Puts a line on the map where you've been. Makes it easy to find those unexplored bits of the map. You'll be surprised how much you've missed already.
  • Mola_Ram 8 Jul 2019 11:45:16 20,834 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It is absolutely mental that Hero's Path isn't in the base game.
  • cowell 8 Jul 2019 12:02:56 1,946 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Agree that its a bit cheeky that it ain't. I personally let it slide on the basis that £80 all in for a game of that size and quality is more than fine by me. I've had 130+ hours out of it, but it should be a base game feature
  • Kay 8 Jul 2019 12:50:36 20,092 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I can understand it not being in the base game, but it should have been a free update instead of being part of the DLC.

I think I've put 110 hours into my master mode playthrough now, and around 300 hours in total. I never got round to any of the DLC content on my first playthrough, so looking forward to it.
  • Dougs 8 Jul 2019 13:18:05 89,929 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Chug666 wrote:
    I'm late to the party but totally hooked on Zelda BotW- even though the pace I play games means it'll probably last me until Christmas. When is the sequel due to appear?!
    I dread to think how many hours my son has put in. I haven't been able to get near it and he keeps excitedly telling me what's going on and I have no idea what he's talking about. I feel old.

Edited by Dougs at 17:52:41 08-07-2019
  • Rhaegyr 8 Jul 2019 13:29:12 4,780 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:

Totally agree. Only Mario game I've 100% without it ever feeling like a chore (except the boss rush moon).

HK is great too, albeit for different reasons.
  • el_pollo_diablo 8 Jul 2019 14:56:11 2,960 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    BigOrkWaaagh wrote:
    el_pollo_diablo wrote:
    Yeah, take the dock or live with handheld, unless you fancy taking chances.
    Thanks.
  • Graxlar_v3 8 Jul 2019 14:57:02 7,311 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    People who make underwater levels in 2D platformers should be drowned for their sins!!

The person who decided on having an underwater boss fight in Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze needs to find themselves in a watery hell where they spend eternity being drowned and resurrected over and over again!!!!!

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.