Nintendo Switch Page 1376

• ZuluHero 14 Oct 2019 09:59:53 7,643 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    the_milkybar_kid wrote:
    Spent an hour with TW3 in handheld this morning. It's fucking witchcraft that it runs so well on a Switch. It does get blurry in the distance when you're travelling about, but for the most part it plays really, really well. The framerste feels locked at 30 during gameplay, there's a few split second drops here and there, but nothing as jarring as Link's Awakening.

It took me nearly 3 years to do about 20 hours on the pc version of TW3, I'll bet I do that in 2 months on the Switch.
    Wasn't going to get it - but tempted. Handheld would be more doable for me, so perhaps I can get further than Novigrad this time around. £50 quid though...
  • HairyArse 14 Oct 2019 10:32:30 1,335 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've been tempted to buy Fire Emblem for a while but Valkyria Chronicles for £7.99 is a much better proposition. Highly recommended if you've never played it before.
  • monkman76 14 Oct 2019 10:40:53 15,362 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I don't think it's that price any more, I think the sale ended.
  • JoelStinty 14 Oct 2019 10:42:30 8,278 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It does appear on sale quite regularly though so if you fancy it I wouldnít imagine it be that long before it is that price again. Never completed it on the ps3 so will pick it up at some point
  • quadfather 14 Oct 2019 10:42:59 35,260 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Has anyone tried/got the collection of mana? Any good? I need a new rpg to get stuck into. Tempted to do botw again, but having a shufty around first
    Yeah, I got it. I really liked them, but I liked them on the SNES. And Seiken Densetsu 3 (ie. Trials of Mana) has never been released in English before, and is amazing.

But they're SNES RPGs, so some elements of them are dated. Like inventory management.
    Right, cheers. So recommended then for £25?
  • THFourteen 14 Oct 2019 10:48:05 53,174 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    I've been tempted to buy Fire Emblem for a while but Valkyria Chronicles for £7.99 is a much better proposition. Highly recommended if you've never played it before.
    Honestly unless you are really sure Iíd avoid fire emblem.
  • Mola_Ram 14 Oct 2019 10:52:57 21,765 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Don't listen to him, Fire Emblem is great. Not perfect, but definitely worth playing, especially if you're a fan of the series.
  • Mola_Ram 14 Oct 2019 10:54:35 21,765 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Has anyone tried/got the collection of mana? Any good? I need a new rpg to get stuck into. Tempted to do botw again, but having a shufty around first
    Yeah, I got it. I really liked them, but I liked them on the SNES. And Seiken Densetsu 3 (ie. Trials of Mana) has never been released in English before, and is amazing.

But they're SNES RPGs, so some elements of them are dated. Like inventory management.
    I recommend them, yeah. Particularly if you grew up on SNES RPGs as I did.
  • Mola_Ram 14 Oct 2019 10:58:56 21,765 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Bit stuck on the second map of DOS2. I seem to have missed out on some levelling or something as all the fights are now too hard. Finished the quests I think I can, or at least the ones that donít have something inane to do but still only level 10.
    The second map is a bit annoying with its levelled areas. First you want to go west from where you start until you get to Driftwood, and do a few things there. The area west of the town is pretty good for level 10 as well.

If you do a search for "Divinity Original Sin 2 level map", you can find a big map of the whole area with recommended levels on it. So use that if you get really stuck.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 10:59:27 14-10-2019
  • BigOrkWaaagh 14 Oct 2019 11:13:34 8,971 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Mola_Ram Yep I was I a similar boat around level 11. Getting my arse handed to me all over the place but suddenly I stumbled across something and I then progressed quite rapidly to 14. However now I am there again, I believe I am able to leave the area but I don't really want to yet, unfortunately most fights are quite high level and I'm getting smashed again. So I've been wandering about and I've just now stumbled across another quest that I'm hoping will get me up to level 15.

I did use that level map too, it was very helpful indeed.
  • Mola_Ram 14 Oct 2019 11:16:30 21,765 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm currently in the highest level area of the map, Bloodmoon Island. Best not go there until you're at 15.

There's a quest that the paladins give you which is good to do at 14. Maybe try that (if you haven't done it already).
  • Deleted user 14 October 2019 11:20:48
    Excuse me if this has been asked before but how does Overwatch compare on Switch to the other consoles. I know about the 30fps but I want to know if its smooth and if its feature complete.

After some umming and arring I've settled on a Switch over an xbox x as I saved money on my train pass and have loads of awkward free periods at uni
  • BigOrkWaaagh 14 Oct 2019 11:21:56 8,971 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Mola_Ram I have been to blood moon and yes it was quite hard! So I just went back to the Paladins to find them getting their arses kicked. Sorted that mess out though and made my way over into Paradise Downs and found a couple in a hut wanting to escape. Am about lvl 14 and 3/4 though so hopefully that tips me over the edge into 15... if it's not too hard.
  • PazJohnMitch 14 Oct 2019 11:26:32 14,788 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I have achieved the goal of the main quest (of island 2) at level 11.

Clearly need to level up some more before progressing the story and moving onto island 3.

Every mission I know of seems to be level 14 now though.
  • Mola_Ram 14 Oct 2019 11:28:49 21,765 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @BigOrkWaaagh There's also the quests at the lumber mill and north of that, if you haven't done those. And another fight on the west side of the woods. I think the one you're trying might be level 15, though I can't remember with 100% certainty.
  • PazJohnMitch 14 Oct 2019 11:52:41 14,788 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The big monster in the west is 15.

There are also the scarecrows at 14 which may have been skipped. And the elven puzzle at 14.

I think the cave in the East is where I need to go next. (Done the easier one in the West). Sawmill was instant death.
  • quadfather 14 Oct 2019 12:25:56 35,260 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    quadfather wrote:

I might give em a go then, cheers
  • Graxlar_v3 14 Oct 2019 13:05:03 8,340 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    quadfather wrote:

I might give em a go then, cheers
    ummm dont think they are £25 anymore. I was getting emails saying discount eneded 13th
  • quadfather 14 Oct 2019 14:17:17 35,260 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I guess they're back up at £36 then?
  • Graxlar_v3 14 Oct 2019 14:17:55 8,340 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yup, sorry.
  • Graxlar_v3 14 Oct 2019 14:18:16 8,340 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    They are a physical release now so you may find them cheaper online.
  • neems 14 Oct 2019 14:33:01 4,755 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Only done a few test drives to get my settings dialled in, but Grid Autosport is seriously impressive, it looks fantastic in handheld, even at 60 fps.
  • Malek86 14 Oct 2019 14:37:25 9,126 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Thought I could get my arcade racing fix with Asphalt Legends 9, but even putting aside all the microtransactions, the handling is... bad. And that's an understatement.

Back to waiting then.

Edited by Malek86 at 14:37:43 14-10-2019
  • The_Goon 14 Oct 2019 14:37:56 1,414 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Tempted by Overwatch but in two minds after this Hong Kong protest debacle.

Have ordered Ys VIII though - c.£28 (including postage) from the NISA Europe store. Looking forward to that. Loved the Vita game. Really must finish that and BotW before I even think about jumping on Witcher 3...
  • quadfather 14 Oct 2019 15:24:08 35,260 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Yup, sorry.
    No worries. Least I know now :)
  • the_milkybar_kid 14 Oct 2019 15:54:10 8,059 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @ZuluHero it can look a bit muddy at times, but in the whole it's a great port.
  • Derblington 14 Oct 2019 16:06:51 32,137 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The_Goon wrote:
    I would say fuck it off. Plenty of other stuff to play.
  • Dazimus 14 Oct 2019 16:09:39 999 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I was also looking at Overwatch but I think Iíll pass. I was going to buy from CDKeys so I wouldnít be directly supporting Blizzard as such but it still feels wrong as theyíll obviously have received some money for the keys anyway.

Plus Iíve hopefully had Witcher 3 arrive today so thatíll keep me occupied.
  • The_Goon 14 Oct 2019 17:12:09 1,414 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    The_Goon wrote:
    I would say fuck it off. Plenty of other stuff to play.
    Fair. Agreed.
  • Mola_Ram 14 Oct 2019 17:27:16 21,765 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Woo, Witcher 3 unlocked!

Now to leave it sitting there until I finish the other hundred-plus-hour RPGs I'm on.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.