Nintendo Switch Page 1377

• JoelStinty 14 Oct 2019 17:59:36 8,278 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Got the VR labo kit today for my birthday. Wouldnít think Iím 34 today.

I am really looking forward to building it though. Should keep be occupied tomorrow afternoon!
  • MrFlay 14 Oct 2019 18:01:38 4,274 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Collection of Mana is overpriced but the games are great and probably not coming to Nintendo Online. Also they did localise Seiken Densetsu 3.

On a related note, the SN30 from 8BitDo is an excellent piece of kit and makes playing the SNES games an absolute orgy of nostalgia. Now we just need more SNES games. Earthbound, Final Fantasy 6, Chrono Trigger, the Illusion of Gaia, Secret of Evermore etc.
  • MrFlay 14 Oct 2019 18:02:38 4,274 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @JoelStinty

Let us know how it works in Zelda and Mario. I'm tempted to get it myself but it looks awkward.
  • Jono62 14 Oct 2019 18:30:15 22,990 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Boy, Celeste is tough. I'm enjoying it, but I've died so many times.
  • Red_Bool 14 Oct 2019 18:44:15 1,868 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    Yep, same here. But it's just soooo good! I like how it is not about pixel-perfect jumps. In chapter 3 now and one of my boys kindly asked me to go and play somewhere else (too much *aargh!* :))
  • Dazimus 14 Oct 2019 18:49:20 999 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Thought Iíd try to sneak in the start of Witcher 3 while my wife puts my daughter to bed. Nope, update needs to be downloaded and half an hour to get it FFS.
  • Steifybobbins 14 Oct 2019 19:14:25 590 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Anybody playing killer queen black? Might be to fast paced for me but it seems like an awesome multiplayer/party game. Anyone with an interest in online multiplayer will easily get 16 quid of fun out of it
  • Tomo 14 Oct 2019 19:21:18 17,039 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    I found it got easier once I few chapters in and I began to understand how the game subconciously teaches you.

That said, I've not finished it yet. Last time I tried to play, I was godawful at it again :D
  • Flying_Pig 14 Oct 2019 19:23:58 16,333 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    My copy of The Witcher 3 arrived today \o/

I'll have no chance to play it tonight, but I'm definitely looking forward to my morning commute tomorrow :)
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 14 Oct 2019 20:16:45 3,628 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The_Goon wrote:
    Tempted by Overwatch but in two minds after this Hong Kong protest debacle.

Have ordered Ys VIII though - c.£28 (including postage) from the NISA Europe store. Looking forward to that. Loved the Vita game. Really must finish that and BotW before I even think about jumping on Witcher 3...
    Nice price on Ys Viii, I am still trying to decide which format I want in on, as consoles all seem to need a lot of patches (I do have the unexpanded Vita version already) and the PC one is overpriced and apparently buggy. I like the idea of handheld even if I don't ever use the family Switch that way but may get one of my own for the future. Have been umming and ahing over it for a while. I like physical but the amount of patches put me off as NISA apparently released the Switch release without the voices and newer translation on cart...

I know I switched my Hollow Knight to PS4 after hearing the Switch physical was incomplete on cart...
  • neems 14 Oct 2019 21:18:11 4,755 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    JoelStinty wrote:
    Got the VR labo kit today for my birthday. Wouldnít think Iím 34 today.

I am really looking forward to building it though. Should keep be occupied tomorrow afternoon!
    Happy Birthday!
  • Addy__ 14 Oct 2019 23:03:28 2,002 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Unexpectedly spent the night on pinball arcade with the flip grip. It really does transform the game. Some great tables on that game as well.
  • DangerousDave_87 15 Oct 2019 00:13:32 6,533 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    My initial gloating regarding Dead Cells has backfired. My attempts to play through the hard difficulty is being thwarted by a lack of decent gear. I can make it to the castle (sometimes), but with a lack of '+' weapons I'm having to hit enemies 5 - 10 times, depending on the weapon. It's pushing my runs well beyond the hour mark and the game is already less forgiving with health.

Basically, it's now kicking my backside. Part of me wants to go back down a difficulty level and grind should for the forge, but the other half says this is exactly the kind of experience I should be having.

I still love it though. It plays so beautifully.

Edited by DangerousDave_87 at 00:14:11 15-10-2019
  • rice_sandwich 15 Oct 2019 06:08:32 5,837 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @DangerousDave_87

Pfft...only hard difficulty, you should be on Nightmare at the very least 😁
  • macmurphy 15 Oct 2019 07:57:01 4,063 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @DangerousDave_87

Hard is fucking hard. It pull your pants down all over again. Been trying some shield runs and itís really satisfying, it makes the game so much different. But it also makes the bosses so much harder as you have to learn their patterns to defend, where as a tactics build you can just throw traps and fire arrows.

Iíve made the schoolboy error of buying the blueprints for most of the weapons, even the shit ones. I keep trying to go for a tactics build on hard and all Iím getting are grenades and melee weapons. 🤦‍♂️
  • PazJohnMitch 15 Oct 2019 08:01:02 14,788 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I made that very same error.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 15 Oct 2019 08:20:52 8,971 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Woop, splatted a giant Voidwoken in Dos2 and got to level 15, now I've been able to run round twatting everyone that has previously given me grief. I think I only really have one quest left that I need to complete, then it will be time to set sail.
  • DangerousDave_87 15 Oct 2019 08:39:11 6,533 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @macmurphy I use the shield as part of a tactics set up, but it doesn't come in much use for the first and third boss. Mainly the second.

I did wonder about constantly unlocking weapons, but there's no way around it, surely? You have to spend them every time and eventually you're going to run out of things to buy that aren't weapons.
  • PazJohnMitch 15 Oct 2019 08:39:15 14,788 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Good work!

Did you try taking a swing at the level 18 troll? I did and was laughably squished. Will probably have to kill the weaker one instead. Also the burning witch was ridiculously strong.

I need to return but I am currently playing Yooka Laylee and will get Luigi at the end of the month. But after that...

The break was originally to play a few games that were in the recent sale. Gato Roboto in particular was great and an easy recommendation.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 15 Oct 2019 08:51:22 8,971 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    Good work!

Did you try taking a swing at the level 18 troll? I did and was laughably squished. Will probably have to kill the weaker one instead. Also the burning witch was ridiculously strong.

Yes, I killed both of those I think at level 14. It was almost impossible before that but after it was pretty easy actually. I just kept healing and summoning things to put in between them and me.

I forgot about the witch, make that two missions :D

Edited by BigOrkWaaagh at 08:51:39 15-10-2019
  • StixxUK 15 Oct 2019 09:10:24 8,227 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Wonder how long til we get Thronebreaker on Switch.... If they can do Witcher 3 this should be a doddle, and it's absolutely ideal as a platform.
  • Flying_Pig 15 Oct 2019 09:38:47 16,333 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    So I started TW3 this morning, but experienced (what I assume is) a little bug. During the combat tutorial, I'm asked to cast a sign and then (I think) attack my partner, but the game won't let me use my sword to attack him...

I've tried everything I can think of, even closing the game and reloading my save, but no joy. :(

I'll try to delete and reinstall the game which I hope will fix it...
  • PazJohnMitch 15 Oct 2019 09:50:49 14,788 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I thought the tutorial was a snow ball fight with Ciri?

(Been years since I played it though).

Edited by PazJohnMitch at 09:51:30 15-10-2019
  • ZuluHero 15 Oct 2019 09:54:44 7,643 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    No there is a sign casting tutorial in the area with the training dummies (I think Ceri is practising sword skills balancing on a wall?) I don't recall having to use a sword to follow up though, but i do remember being slightly confused at the time as well.

How are people finding it? Does it look good? Hows the audio?

Edited by ZuluHero at 09:55:23 15-10-2019
  • neems 15 Oct 2019 10:05:35 4,755 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mine arrives today, it's been a long time since I played the tutorial.

Are you sure it isn't asking you to use a sign to attack (fire for example)?
  • Flying_Pig 15 Oct 2019 10:06:12 16,333 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    No there is a sign casting tutorial in the area with the training dummies (I think Ceri is practising sword skills balancing on a wall?) I don't recall having to use a sword to follow up though, but i do remember being slightly confused at the time as well.

How are people finding it? Does it look good? Hows the audio?
    Yeah. That's the one. It's possible that I'm doing it wrong (it's certainly not clear).

The game looks fantastic and plays really well (so far)
  • Kay 15 Oct 2019 10:08:23 20,281 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Is it wrong that I'm really considering buying the Switch version just to see what it looks like, despite still having the PS4 version? And also because I can see myself actually playing through the Switch version (unlike on the PS4).

One thing I've not seen mentioned anywhere is whether the UI elements are at native res. The game being blurry is perfectly understandable, but when the text and HUD are lower res as well it would make it a headache to play.
  • Graxlar_v3 15 Oct 2019 10:09:41 8,340 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    Is it wrong that I'm really considering buying the Switch version just to see what it looks like, despite still having the PS4 version? And also because I can see myself actually playing through the Switch version (unlike on the PS4).

One thing I've not seen mentioned anywhere is whether the UI elements are at native res. The game being blurry is perfectly understandable, but when the text and HUD are lower res as well it would make it a headache to play.
    It is not wrong at all, I almost bought the game having beaten the PS4 version and being midway (i am guessing second act) through DQ11
  • neems 15 Oct 2019 10:14:14 4,755 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Kay

The only thing I've heard is that it is (apparently) very readable in handheld. I guess they would have to put a lot of effort into that area, there's a lot of info.
  • ZuluHero 15 Oct 2019 10:28:07 7,643 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Plus most new Switch users will be handheld only anyway, so it makes sense for developers to focus more on that.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.