Nintendo Switch Page 1378

  • Murbs 15 Oct 2019 10:31:37 24,461 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I had the same issue. Its broken. I think it's supposed to be prompting you to try other signs whilst he's shielded but it doesn't. I ended up reloading an auto save and skipped that tutorial.
  • neems 15 Oct 2019 11:25:05 4,755 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Looking on youtube, it looks like you are supposed to cast Quen, then Vesemir attacks you. He then asks you to cast Igni and so on. I may just skip the tutorial, although I'll be buggered if I can remember how half of it works.
  • Deleted user 15 October 2019 12:22:04
    Ee Gads, the eshop is a bit creaky since I last visited
  • Flying_Pig 15 Oct 2019 13:10:04 16,333 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Murbs wrote:
    I had the same issue. Its broken. I think it's supposed to be prompting you to try other signs whilst he's shielded but it doesn't. I ended up reloading an auto save and skipped that tutorial.
    Yep -that's exactly my issue. I guess I'll just have to skip combat training :)
  • Kay 15 Oct 2019 13:19:23 20,281 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    neems wrote:
    @Kay

    The only thing I've heard is that it is (apparently) very readable in handheld. I guess they would have to put a lot of effort into that area, there's a lot of info.
    Just read a review that confirmed that the UI and text is in native res. And yeah, sounds like they've put a lot of thought into it and added options to enlarge text for handheld (I remember at launch on PS4 the text was tiny, and I found it difficult to read even on my 50" TV).
  • SamNunn92 15 Oct 2019 14:04:47 856 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My wife just rang me saying she'd seen an ad for the Switch Lite in Tesco and thought she might quite like one, and I'm trying to get an idea of how two consoles would work in terms of sharing games - is it all fairly straightforward in practice?
  • DangerousDave_87 15 Oct 2019 14:06:53 6,533 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @SamNunn92 As long as you're not expecting to both be playing said games at the same time. If you're both trying to play games belonging to one account, even if they're different games, one of you will be abruptly booted out of the game you're playing.
  • ZuluHero 15 Oct 2019 14:07:03 7,643 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well carts are dead easy to share - that's what me amd my daughter do. Unless it's something like Splatoon and you both want to play.
  • SamNunn92 15 Oct 2019 14:31:37 856 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @DangerousDave_87 even different games? That's worse than I was expecting - I guess she could still play all the single player stuff I've bought when I'm not using mine, but still.

    @Zulu yeah not so worried about the few carts I have, BotW at least is physical so no worries there. Theres not any sort of download play type stuff is there for multiplayer games?
  • macmurphy 15 Oct 2019 14:32:43 4,063 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @DangerousDave_87

    Thereís lots of shit to buy. More potion spots to heal yourself, more gold reserves. Some of these only unlock after a while though, and Iím guessing you have to buy some weapons for this to happen.

    I held off from buying some bows and swords to keep my weapon pool pure but stupidly bought lots of grenades. Now itís a rare day in hell when I get a trap. Itís quite frustrating because I feel like you start loading up on purple scrolls then the weapons that drop are no good for the build you have in mind.

    I guess part of the game is to adapt but itís fucking annoying on hard when you get shit kit, itís not like youíre not having your pants pulled down enough.
  • Kay 15 Oct 2019 14:36:44 20,281 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    SamNunn92 wrote:
    @DangerousDave_87 even different games? That's worse than I was expecting - I guess she could still play all the single player stuff I've bought when I'm not using mine, but still.
    Yep - the trick is to put the secondary console into flight mode once you start a game, so that you can both play at the same time. But you cna only do that for about three hours I believe, as after that the secondary console will have to verify again if the game is eligible to play.
  • jimnastics 15 Oct 2019 14:48:53 1,659 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    SamNunn92 wrote:
    @DangerousDave_87 even different games? That's worse than I was expecting - I guess she could still play all the single player stuff I've bought when I'm not using mine, but still.
    Yep - the trick is to put the secondary console into flight mode once you start a game, so that you can both play at the same time. But you cna only do that for about three hours I believe, as after that the secondary console will have to verify again if the game is eligible to play.
    You set one Switch up as the Primary account holder and play the games using a different account on that Switch, the second Switch can then play the games through that main account (with it not set as Primary) at the same time, and online.

    So Sam, you get your wife the Lite and add your main account to it, and also set it as Primary account on it (this will deactivate the Primary setting on your Switch). She then plays your hames on her Lite, but using a different account that she sets up. On your Switch your account will no longer be Primary, but you can still play all your games as long as you use that account. The one drawback is that you will always need an internet connection on your Switch to do this. But doing it this way means you can play the same game, at the same time, and even online together.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 15 Oct 2019 14:51:02 17,917 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I pay for the family account with the online sub. That should really extend to allowing me to have several devices able to use the same games bought on that account at the same time. Thatís how all other family sub models work.
  • neems 15 Oct 2019 15:09:23 4,755 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Re: tutorial bug in Witcher 3

    I've worked it out, you have to wait for the on-screen prompt to tell you what to do before you do it, otherwise it gets stuck and you can't progress. So don't attack until you get the message, then wait for the dodge prompt and so on and so forth.
  • Kay 15 Oct 2019 16:27:37 20,281 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Btw, that 20% off from the EG front page works on Witcher 3 (as well as other Switch games), and gets it down to around £37:

    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-10-14-get-20-off-nintendo-switch-mega-drive-mini-and-loads-more-at-the-game-collection
  • neems 15 Oct 2019 16:58:59 4,755 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Peak Switching has been achieved - I have now played the Witcher 3 on the bog.

    Truly my life is complete.
  • Kay 15 Oct 2019 17:01:54 20,281 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Crookback Bog?
  • monkman76 15 Oct 2019 17:11:52 15,362 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If you sit on it too long, yeah.
  • Kay 15 Oct 2019 17:17:39 20,281 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    We've all been there. :(
  • SamNunn92 15 Oct 2019 17:22:49 856 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    jimnastics wrote:
    Kay wrote:
    SamNunn92 wrote:
    @DangerousDave_87 even different games? That's worse than I was expecting - I guess she could still play all the single player stuff I've bought when I'm not using mine, but still.

    Yep - the trick is to put the secondary console into flight mode once you start a game, so that you can both play at the same time. But you cna only do that for about three hours I believe, as after that the secondary console will have to verify again if the game is eligible to play.

    You set one Switch up as the Primary account holder and play the games using a different account on that Switch, the second Switch can then play the games through that main account (with it not set as Primary) at the same time, and online.


    So Sam, you get your wife the Lite and add your main account to it, and also set it as Primary account on it (this will deactivate the Primary setting on your Switch). She then plays your hames on her Lite, but using a different account that she sets up. On your Switch your account will no longer be Primary, but you can still play all your games as long as you use that account. The one drawback is that you will always need an internet connection on your Switch to do this. But doing it this way means you can play the same game, at the same time, and even online together.

    Thanks for the help all - so what is the difference between that and me adding my account to her Switch but not as the primary? Still 1 console as primary and one not, or have I got confused? Can always go the airplane mode route if not - definitely agree with Kal though that paying a bit more for a family sub should negate the faffing about.
  • macmurphy 15 Oct 2019 19:08:36 4,063 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Anyone else waiting on Overwatch to drop? They said 7 pm but Iím still getting a place holder saying Ďplease download the latest patch to play this game.í
  • Steifybobbins 15 Oct 2019 19:12:46 590 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @macmurphy me. Glad you posted this, was starting to worry. Got my code from CD keys
  • Steifybobbins 15 Oct 2019 19:13:29 590 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Which for anyone interested was less than 25 quid
  • macmurphy 15 Oct 2019 19:18:57 4,063 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nah I think Blizzard have probs just shit the bed. Game downloaded fine, I was CD keys as well. Ah well, maybe at 8 but it was definitely supposed to be 7 according to their tweet.
  • Murbs 15 Oct 2019 19:19:52 24,461 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Another bloody 11 gb for overwatch.
  • Steifybobbins 15 Oct 2019 19:20:02 590 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @macmurphy I just requested the download manually and it's set off downloading. It's big mind
  • macmurphy 15 Oct 2019 19:31:03 4,063 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Steifybobbins

    Ah. That might be it. Thanks bud.
  • macmurphy 15 Oct 2019 19:33:00 4,063 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    🤦‍♂️Going to need a new SD card soon. I thought Iíd never fill 128. What a fool. Had to delete some stuff.

    Says about an hour. Fuckers.

    Edited by macmurphy at 19:34:41 15-10-2019
  • Addy__ 15 Oct 2019 19:38:40 2,002 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    11gb update? Fackin hell. How long will that take?
  • Addy__ 15 Oct 2019 19:39:19 2,002 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    macmurphy wrote:
    🤦‍♂️Going to need a new SD card soon. I thought Iíd never fill 128. What a fool. Had to delete some stuff.

    Says about an hour. Fuckers.
    I've got a 400gb card with about 20gb free. It's quite depressing.
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.