Nintendo Switch Page 1398

• uiruki 7 Nov 2019 11:12:27 4,981 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I suspect if they bring it to Europe itíll be about 40 quid. Itís quite a low starting price for what is effectively a Square Enix game. Donít look up the price of the Darius Cozmic Collection if you donít want to feel concerned about the value of ROMs, even if they are emulated by M2!
  • Flying_Pig 7 Nov 2019 18:06:10 16,333 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I see Katana Zero is discounted this week. Any good?
  • THFourteen 7 Nov 2019 21:22:16 53,174 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    My special edition Pokemon Switch lite should be here tomorrow!! Canít wait. Only concern is I donít really want to put a case on it but also donít want it to get scratched up :-(

Layton our today it seems. Love a Layton game but got way too much on the go right now.
  • Phattso 7 Nov 2019 21:40:57 24,889 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Flying_Pig it was good at full price. In a sale itíd be a steal. Go go go!
  • smemma 7 Nov 2019 22:19:42 700 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Flying_Pig itís bloody brilliant - do it
  • bone-on 7 Nov 2019 22:23:09 432 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Katana Zero is amazeballs
  • Flying_Pig 7 Nov 2019 23:22:28 16,333 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Done!
  • Murbs 7 Nov 2019 23:30:15 24,461 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I hearts Overwatch. I'd forgotten how much in fact. D.Va, Pharah and Mercy are my girls!
  • Murbs 7 Nov 2019 23:30:56 24,461 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    In other news I've had Katana Zero for months and haven't started it yet...
  • bone-on 8 Nov 2019 01:17:44 432 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Murbs wrote:
    In other news I've had Katana Zero for months and haven't started it yet...
    You are dead to me get the fuck off this thread
  • the_milkybar_kid 8 Nov 2019 06:09:57 8,059 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @THFourteen will you be using your old Switch too or going exclusively to the new one? Thinking about a lite for the boy next year but if it can't transfer saves easy enough then there's not much point as he / we play it a fair bit on the TV.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 8 Nov 2019 07:14:06 8,971 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    the_milkybar_kid wrote:
    @THFourteen will you be using your old Switch too or going exclusively to the new one? Thinking about a lite for the boy next year but if it can't transfer saves easy enough then there's not much point as he / we play it a fair bit on the TV.
    Also interested in this situation.
  • Mola_Ram 8 Nov 2019 07:26:36 21,765 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Speaking as one who has both... the saves transferred just fine, though I do have cloud saving. The actual games... less so.

If you want to avoid downloading everything again onto a new SD card, it's probably best to just copy everything onto a PC or something like that.
  • THFourteen 8 Nov 2019 08:01:49 53,174 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yeah my original switch will remain docked for use in docked mode and the lite should become my primary console for leaving the house with.

From what Iíve read, save transfers are exactly that - transfers. There is nothing automated, if you leave the house you must remember to download the saves for the games you intend to play individually before you go. There is no ďbulkĒ download all saves option either.

I only play docked now and then, plus I only play a maximum of 3 games at once so Iíll survive.
  • rice_sandwich 8 Nov 2019 09:01:10 5,837 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @THFourteen

Yes, yes, but what about your Lite storage solution? We need to know which luxury travel case you've purchased and how long it takes to open in comparison to your current setup?
  • Graxlar_v3 8 Nov 2019 09:29:09 8,340 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    bone-on wrote:
    Katana Zero is amazeballs
    Cool, Katana Zero for £9 and Hotline Miami Collection for £11 is woo \o/
  • DangerousDave_87 8 Nov 2019 09:30:44 6,533 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Nintendo have just surprise-released a new game in Japan. It looks like it could be a decent co-op game for family/friends. In Nintendo Life's words, it looks like a cross between Crazy Taxi and Moving Out.

Edit - It's now out everywhere! Might have a look when I get home from work!

Edited by DangerousDave_87 at 09:39:51 08-11-2019
  • Singularity 8 Nov 2019 10:03:55 3,189 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    That looks great. Reminds me of the Top Gear ambulance episode.
  • JoelStinty 8 Nov 2019 10:05:07 8,278 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Seems it is co developed with Tsarier games, the people behind Little Nightmares
  • THFourteen 8 Nov 2019 10:22:45 53,174 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    rice_sandwich wrote:
    @THFourteen

Yes, yes, but what about your Lite storage solution? We need to know which luxury travel case you've purchased and how long it takes to open in comparison to your current setup?
    Actually i only have this at the moment whilst i work out what i want :-(

Console just arrived!!! Downloading a couple of games now. I think i have a new favouritest thing in the whole wide world.

Apart from my wife and children ofc.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 8 Nov 2019 13:51:38 8,971 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    Nintendo have just surprise-released a new game in Japan. It looks like it could be a decent co-op game for family/friends. In Nintendo Life's words, it looks like a cross between Crazy Taxi and Moving Out.

Edit - It's now out everywhere! Might have a look when I get home from work!
    That looks fucking awesome
  • The_Goon 8 Nov 2019 14:04:36 1,414 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Had to leave the Switch at home again for the boy today :(. The doe eyed bugger. Hoping there are some decent deals on Black Friday.

That Stretchers game looks great. Hint of Overcooked to it by the look of things.
  • Zippity-zap 8 Nov 2019 14:29:20 484 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Door Kickers: Action Squad needs YOU to kick doors and take action! Itís great, and you need it. Get it and enjoy life again, finally. Generous amount of content, co-op options, shoot the baddies with a sprinkle of arcade tactics. Go on, shoot the fuckers. Quit your entire life, family, everything you thought mattered, because this game is a little gem. Itís cooler than your current life, so let the bank reclaim your home while your partner and/or offspring move interstate. Who gives a fuck? They never loved you as much as you should love this game. The name of the game is Door Kickers: Action Squad, I said. Shut up! I recommend this game.
  • cowell 8 Nov 2019 15:30:32 2,041 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Stretchers looks like a game that me and my daughter would have a blast with
  • prettyvacant 8 Nov 2019 16:16:55 281 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Zippity-zap wrote:
    Door Kickers: Action Squad needs YOU to kick doors and take action!.
    How long have you played it ? I've seen a couple of comments it's a bit short lived , otherwise it looks worthy of adding to the backlog of shame , I don't have any side-scrollers in there .
  • THFourteen 8 Nov 2019 19:30:18 53,174 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    BigOrkWaaagh wrote:
    the_milkybar_kid wrote:
    Also interested in this situation.
    First irritating situation. I have 3 Nintendo accounts. My main one, which is connected to the UK store and I use to play all my games. And a Russian and South African one I use to buy cheap games.

Games purchased using My Russian account can only be played using that user on my non-primary console, so I canít play it using my main account.
  • Zippity-zap 8 Nov 2019 23:22:02 484 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    prettyvacant wrote:
    Zippity-zap wrote:
    Door Kickers: Action Squad needs YOU to kick doors and take action!.
    How long have you played it ? I've seen a couple of comments it's a bit short lived , otherwise it looks worthy of adding to the backlog of shame , I don't have any side-scrollers in there .
    I keep going back to it. There really is a decent amount of content, and the mechanics are tight. Heaps of campaign missions, and each different character changes up the play style. Itís a good challenge to perfect each mission with every character, and then there are challenge missions on top of that. Finally, there is also a randomised, endless tower mode, and a mode that introduces a zombie apocalypse into the campaign missions.

Itís a generous, fun, challenging arcade game, and I reckon itís worth for the price.
  • prettyvacant 9 Nov 2019 01:11:50 281 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Sounds like it's the kind of game I'll lie to myself about re-playing instead of just being distracted by the latest new toy , but I'm sticking to digital only it's good to know that a game has some legs and will earn it's place on the memory card .
  • Deleted user 9 November 2019 08:24:31
    It's hilarious watching a 4 year old try to play a Switch.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.