Nintendo Switch Page 1399

• Dazimus 9 Nov 2019 08:36:06 999 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @adamasunder12 What are they playing? My 4 year old daughter likes Goose Game and Mario Kart, and seemed to enjoy the Luckyís Tale demo if not quite having the skills for it just yet.
  • Deleted user 9 November 2019 09:00:24
    I'm trying him on Mario Kart as it has all the assists, he's not really playing rather watching whilst holding the joycons in odd contortions.

But it's amusing me.

He's my girlfriend's boy, we went from ambivalent towards me to asking after me. Cupboard love but I'll take it!
  • Mola_Ram 9 Nov 2019 09:03:42 21,765 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You should challenge him to a race and laugh when he loses.
  • Deleted user 9 November 2019 09:08:10
    Totally. I'm going to destroy the little shit.

I think I'm going to buy him a Snes Mini for Christmas. I'll upgrade him to a Switch Lite next year
  • ChiefGB 9 Nov 2019 09:17:55 11,646 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Itís all good till he smears jam in the cart slot and gets chocolate fingers all over it.
  • Deleted user 9 November 2019 09:20:52
    Literally turn my head for a second and look back to a burnt out husk.

And a broken Switch
  • Mola_Ram 9 Nov 2019 09:23:58 21,765 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The 4-year-old is a burnt-out husk? How badly did you beat him at Mario Kart?
  • Deleted user 9 November 2019 09:36:59
    I did the classic stay behind the whole race and then ruin his dreams last lap.

Going to Whiplash his ass into professional gaming :D
  • Deleted user 9 November 2019 09:38:55
    I was made to feel like a complete weirdo by my family when growing up for how much I like video games. I'm in danger of forcing the issue onto the next generation.

Be the Dad with the stop watch while they're sweating over a Super Metroid speed run

Edited by adamasunder12 at 09:39:15 09-11-2019
  • Zippity-zap 9 Nov 2019 10:26:25 484 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    prettyvacant wrote:
    Sounds like it's the kind of game I'll lie to myself about re-playing instead of just being distracted by the latest new toy , but I'm sticking to digital only it's good to know that a game has some legs and will earn it's place on the memory card .
    Youíll never succeed at kicking down doors and shooting bad guys with this sort of blasť attitude. For shame!
  • StixxUK 9 Nov 2019 10:36:19 8,227 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    So is this Stretchers game any good? Need something to fill an Overcooked-shaped hole in my life!
  • Deleted user 9 November 2019 10:51:39
    Take up chefing? It's surprisingly similar
  • Phattso 9 Nov 2019 11:24:53 24,889 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Thought Iíd cheekily mention here as well as the swapsies thread that Iím looking for a copy of Skyrim on the Switch. Cash monies waiting. :)
  • rice_sandwich 9 Nov 2019 11:26:52 5,837 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Phattso

They didn't fix the bugs. There are some pretty janky parts.
  • Phattso 9 Nov 2019 11:35:23 24,889 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Bugs that weren't in the original releases, or new bugs? Not that I mind so much - it's not for me anyways. :)
  • monkman76 9 Nov 2019 11:55:22 15,362 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Phattso I could be your man, or elf, or whatever other races there are in Skyrim. How do we do this now we have no PMs?
  • Phattso 9 Nov 2019 12:01:03 24,889 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @monkman76 apparently there's a Discord channel that we go to. I think I was on it briefly a while back as Mattso... yeah, just checked. I'm on there as that. I guess there must be a PM equivalent. If it's not too much of a faff for you, and I can appreciate there are better things to do of a weekend. :)

I'm out all this afternoon, so no rush.
  • DangerousDave_87 9 Nov 2019 12:07:30 6,533 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    StixxUK wrote:
    So is this Stretchers game any good? Need something to fill an Overcooked-shaped hole in my life!
    Hoping somebody took the plunge. Thought I'd convince the other half to buy it, but she's not convinced by the price tag.
  • Phattso 9 Nov 2019 12:43:37 24,889 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @monkman76 apparently this is the link - not the 'Official Eurogamer' one, for whatever reason: https://discordapp.com/invite/zHGyqVz
  • Zidargh 9 Nov 2019 16:39:42 2,020 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I need to thank whoever posted about that cracking Tesco deal. Walked away with both Luigiís Mansion 3 and Linkís Awakening. Wasnít planning on buying the latter but Iíve got MK8 on the Wii U and I donít think Iíd play Mario Maker 2 that often.

Plus LA will make a great portable game on my flight to... LA, whereas LM3 will be my big screen game.

So thank you!
  • ZuluHero 9 Nov 2019 17:32:37 7,643 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I haven't been able to find it anywhere, tried loads of tescos up and down the country and they're always cleared out.

Good going though, pleased someone has been able to find it (and not scab resellers)
  • Help_me 9 Nov 2019 19:01:51 1,059 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @ZuluHero the one in Royston herts had luigi if that helps. Just not on the shelf.
  • Graxlar_v3 9 Nov 2019 21:40:22 8,340 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Beat katana zero!!!! Wow, what a game
  • Mola_Ram 9 Nov 2019 22:39:44 21,765 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I am seriously impressed by how good Witcher 3 looks on Switch. I was expecting it to just be playable, but the environments are there in full, the characters look great, the framerate is fine, and even the little touches (like individually animated trees blowing in the wind) are all there.

All in portable mode! It's black magic, I tell you!
  • bone-on 9 Nov 2019 22:57:14 432 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Beat katana zero!!!! Wow, what a game
    One of the best 2D games ever made I love it
  • bone-on 9 Nov 2019 22:58:42 432 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    I am seriously impressed by how good Witcher 3 looks on Switch. I was expecting it to just be playable, but the environments are there in full, the characters look great, the framerate is fine, and even the little touches (like individually animated trees blowing in the wind) are all there.

Hmmm couldnít quite get away from the Vaseline vision low res though personally.

Just wish sometimes Nintendo went with Tegra 2
  • Tomo 9 Nov 2019 23:29:20 17,039 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    I haven't been able to find it anywhere, tried loads of tescos up and down the country and they're always cleared out.

Good going though, pleased someone has been able to find it (and not scab resellers)
    I managed to track down Zelda and Mario Maker 2 in Tesco Extra Wembley. Luigi's Mansion 3 has been sold out all over the place.

I did phone Tesco Customer Services and they told me they were getting more copies the evening I'd just been there which was bit annoying. Basically, it's a bit of a hunt. It's also not advertised at all in store, so you only get the discount when you get to the till. The person on the Customer Service desk who rung it through knew about it, but they're definitely not advertising it instore!
  • Zidargh 9 Nov 2019 23:51:49 2,020 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @ZuluHero

There was a moment of uncertainty when the woman was scrambling to find the copies. Didnít realise how in demand it was.

I wouldnít stress though - you can get it for £40 canít you? Youíve probably spent at least a tenner in petrol looking for it.
  • Mola_Ram 10 Nov 2019 00:15:34 21,765 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    bone-on wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:

Hmmm couldnít quite get away from the Vaseline vision low res though personally.

Just wish sometimes Nintendo went with Tegra 2
    I guess it depends on the individual, but I'm not watching it constantly going "oh wow that looks terrible". I got used to the compromises very, very quickly.

Of course I wouldn't recommend the Switch version if you don't care about portability.
  • Kay 10 Nov 2019 00:48:22 20,281 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Yeah, I'm seriously impressed with it too. You get used to the lower resolution quite quickly, and everything else looks good - it seems that most of the detail and effects from the console versions are still in there.

Best of all, it runs so well too! Mostly 30fps with very few dips. It seems to look and run better the further you get too, oddly enough, or maybe that's just my eyes.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.