Following Nintendo Switch Page 1441

• Flying_Pig 9 Feb 2020 20:09:43 16,453 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    And the new stick helped me finish Hyper Light Drifter this evening. I didn't get all of the secrets and purple triangle things so I may well go back to collect them...
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Feb 2020 10:37:15 28,163 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Itís nice to be back showing my Switch some love. 😮
    Playing Linkís Awakening just now, which is great.
    Next up Iíll get either Luigiís Mansion 3, Fire Emblem or Tokyo : Mirage Sessions

Iím thinking Luigi....
  • Dazimus 10 Feb 2020 10:51:24 1,019 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I finally beat the boss Iíve been stuck on in Tokyo Mirage Sessions. After getting frustrated and parking the game for a bit because of this boss, Iím ready to get addicted again.
  • Murbs 10 Feb 2020 11:01:07 24,597 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Still amazes me how good the Skyrim port is on Switch. I've hit 80+ hours and am closing in on Alduin now...

Astral Chain will be next up.

My youngest has been playing Oxenfree. She loves it. I finished it about this time last year, and had forgotten just how good the voice acting was.
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Feb 2020 11:08:38 28,163 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Murbs wrote:
    Still amazes me how good the Skyrim port is on Switch. I've hit 80+ hours and am closing in on Alduin now...

Astral Chain will be next up.

My youngest has been playing Oxenfree. She loves it. I finished it about this time last year, and had forgotten just how good the voice acting was.
    Bugger. forgot about Astral Chain, another one on the list...
  • Murbs 10 Feb 2020 11:09:25 24,597 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear happy to help 😄
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Feb 2020 11:32:14 28,163 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Murbs wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear happy to help 😄
    My wallet isn't feeling much gratitude :)
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 10 Feb 2020 18:31:04 7,712 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Looks like I'm off to the US at the end of next week. Business trip that I'm attaching a few days' holiday to. Time to find some stuff to play on the Switch. The Fire Emblem DLC will be out by then, so that sorts the "boring evening in bland hotel" bits, but need something easier going for the flights (I find RPGs and flights a poor combination).

Luigi's Mansion 3 worth a go? For reference, New Super Mario Bros did the trick last time, so I'm after something in that vague range. I'm a massive graphics snob, so not going to pick up a game for Switch that I can play on another platform.
  • DangerousDave_87 10 Feb 2020 18:40:18 6,737 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well, Luigi's Mansion looks fantastic, is full of charm and not overly taxing. It's a lot more linear than the other games in the series, though.

Edited by DangerousDave_87 at 22:06:09 10-02-2020
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 10 Feb 2020 19:36:13 7,712 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @DangerousDave_87 That sounds ok. "Not overly taxing" is good for flights, particularly the flight back when I inevitably feel knackered and groggy.
  • LoneWolf80 10 Feb 2020 19:53:39 55 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Lugi's Mansion is a great shout I absolutely loved it a joy to play. A proper polished ninty game.
  • Graxlar_v3 11 Feb 2020 22:25:05 9,066 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dead cells first paid DLC dropped today. Itís more dead cells... the stuff is very early on so pretty easy (if you are like me and just do the odd normal run every month or so).

Still a reason to return to dead cells is worth £4.50 if you ask me 😂😂
  • Mola_Ram 12 Feb 2020 02:38:10 22,374 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The thing that annoyed me about previous Dead Cells DLC (and a good part of the reason why I abandoned it) was that it was concentrated towards people who were already really good at the game. "Hey, look at all these new levels and things, oh by the way you're on the hardest difficulty right, oh you're not well then git gud son".

Hollow Knight had a bit of difficulty-fetishism too.
  • FatsoJetson 12 Feb 2020 07:52:43 392 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Rogueywon This is probably a stupid question, but how do you keep your Switch charged while in the US/on the plane? Do you take the dock with you, or is there some sort of travel plug you can get?

I've only ever taken the Switch away on family holidays in the UK, when we have plenty of bags with us. But when I travel to the US for work, I try to pack light, and don't fancy trying to cram the dock in to what little bag space I have.
  • cowell 12 Feb 2020 08:10:24 2,101 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pop n Twinbee on the list for Switch Online next week apparently. Cracking shooter
  • Graxlar_v3 12 Feb 2020 08:16:06 9,066 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @FatsoJetson I have used the pro controller charger when i have been away.

It seems to work for my switch at least.
  • Armoured_Bear 12 Feb 2020 08:47:31 28,163 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FatsoJetson wrote:
    @Rogueywon This is probably a stupid question, but how do you keep your Switch charged while in the US/on the plane? Do you take the dock with you, or is there some sort of travel plug you can get?

I've only ever taken the Switch away on family holidays in the UK, when we have plenty of bags with us. But when I travel to the US for work, I try to pack light, and don't fancy trying to cram the dock in to what little bag space I have.
    I've only travelled with it a few times but I took one of the power banks and a UBS-C cable which worked well.
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 12 Feb 2020 09:02:12 32,335 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I didn't have a particularly large wishlist for the NES games. Honestly, there was only one game left I really wanted. I wanted it so much I even started to research who owned the rights now so I could see how feasible it'd be, but at one point the trail went cold. I assumed the game had been lost in the void, never to be re-released. Plus, because there doesn't seem to be much nostalgia for it from anyone else, it just seemed impossible.

That game is Eliminator Boat Duel. It's actually happening! Really looking forward to it demolishing my rose tinted glasses and never playing past the first hour, but so glad I'll have the opportunity to play it on a Nintendo console once more :D
  • FatsoJetson 12 Feb 2020 10:11:30 392 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    FatsoJetson wrote:

I've only travelled with it a few times but I took one of the power banks and a UBS-C cable which worked well.
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions. It dawned on me after posting that maybe I can just pull the ac adaptor out of the dock and use that, at least when I'm near a plug in a hotel room. A quick Google suggests that is certainly possible. So, yeah, definitely a stupid question!
  • macmurphy 12 Feb 2020 10:18:15 4,160 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    FatsoJetson wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    FatsoJetson wrote:

Graxlar_v3 wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions. It dawned on me after posting that maybe I can just pull the ac adaptor out of the dock and use that, at least when I'm near a plug in a hotel room. A quick Google suggests that is certainly possible. So, yeah, definitely a stupid question!
    You can. And I made exactly the same mistake and didnít realise. And felt just as stupid.

USBC cables are quite cheap though, you can plug one of those in your iPhone charger plug to save carrying the charger around.

Beware it will drain while plugged in and playing on a 1A plug though, on a 2A plug you can play and charge. iPad plugs are 2A, phones generally 1A.

Edited by macmurphy at 10:19:11 12-02-2020
  • Armoured_Bear 12 Feb 2020 10:58:02 28,163 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Switch sale starting tomorrow it seems
    Can see me getting Fire Emblem..
  • Graxlar_v3 12 Feb 2020 11:00:22 9,066 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Switch sale starting tomorrow it seems
    Can see me getting Fire Emblem..
    Just in time for the DLC
  • DangerousDave_87 12 Feb 2020 14:47:44 6,737 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @DFawkes Although I'm gutted that the Mega Man, Castlevania and numerous Konami titles are missing from the line up (completely understandable given they have their own digital releases), it has meant Nintendo have had to pull their finger out and find other games to fill the void. We're getting a lot of stuff that wasn't on the Virtual Console at all and a lot of it is solid stuff.

I hope this Eliminator Boat Dual is good.
  • rice_sandwich 12 Feb 2020 16:07:17 6,128 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm hyped, could be an early GOTY contender.
  • Graxlar_v3 12 Feb 2020 16:12:11 9,066 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    rice_sandwich wrote:
    I'm hyped, could be an early GOTY contender.
    what could be?
  • rice_sandwich 12 Feb 2020 16:14:08 6,128 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Eliminator Boat Duel, obviously
  • DangerousDave_87 12 Feb 2020 17:43:28 6,737 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Time will tell!
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 12 Feb 2020 17:53:33 7,712 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    FatsoJetson wrote:

Sorry, missed this. A USB-C cable is the way to go for flights, generally. Most airlines feature sockets in cattle-class these days. It does suck if you get a seat with a broken socket, though.

As for once at the destination - mains-to-USB-C adapters are ten-a-penny.
  • Armoured_Bear 12 Feb 2020 18:02:10 28,163 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Only downside on planes is that IME the USB sockets on planes are slow as hell to charge compared to a power bank or proper wall socket.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 12 Feb 2020 18:10:15 7,712 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear True, but if you get on with plenty of charge, they'll keep you from running out of juice during the flight.

My plan B for wonky sockets involves a Switch-to-Vita swap (or vice versa) mid-Atlantic.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.