Nintendo Switch Page 1473

• waggy79 9 May 2020 16:20:36 2,251 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @ukaskew37 "Yes the one that locks left/right is pure evil and I can't understand how anyone would have a brain capable of processing it!"

I'm going to say growing up with Super Sprint, Iron man off road, etc has made it seem normal.
  • CrispyXUKTurbo 9 May 2020 16:36:35 2,896 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So streets of rage seems to be the first switch game to support online game invites. Weird title to start using it
  • Graxlar_v3 9 May 2020 19:55:28 10,031 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    My switch splurge for the month has come to an end with a purchase of Largrisser 1& 2, at full price :(.

I have been umming and ahhhing over it since release because £50 is a lot on 30 year old games. But getting some puesdo fire emblem was too big of a draw.
  • Zerobob 9 May 2020 20:56:03 2,427 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I just bought a 12 month Nintendo Online membership code from Cdkeys, but realised I've still got the 7 day free trial to use.

Anyone know if I can successfully stack the code on top of the 7 day trial period, or if it's safe to wait 7 days before redeeming the Cdkeys membership code?
  • CrispyXUKTurbo 9 May 2020 21:00:31 2,896 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Tight arse
  • Zerobob 9 May 2020 21:09:13 2,427 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Haha, well I am a Yorkshireman. A free week is a free week lad.
  • CrispyXUKTurbo 9 May 2020 21:13:52 2,896 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Quidco dream you are :)
  • BigOrkWaaagh 9 May 2020 22:03:52 9,365 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Zerobob It will definitely be safe to wait 7 days. I do think the trial stops if you buy it.
  • Zerobob 9 May 2020 22:11:51 2,427 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @BigOrkWaaagh I went ahead and just added the membership code to my account in the end, and it actually stacked. I was quite surprised. Membership will expire 16th May 2021.

You're right though, I think I'd have been safe to wait to redeem the code.
  • Flying_Pig 9 May 2020 23:16:08 16,589 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    AddyB_ wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Zippity-zap wrote:
    Well, Void Bastards is my new favourite thing, despite the price and unstable performance.
    Dammit - that good then? I'm trying to convince myself not to buy it and enjoy Lonely Mountains, but it just looks so damn awesome...

I've now noticed a few stutters for Lonely Mountains - they're infrequent, but often seem to be at the most inopportune moment
    Void bastards is excellent mate. Admittedly pricey at £25 but well worth it.
    I crumbled and bought it. Used a few points to make the price easier to swallow
  • AddyB- 9 May 2020 23:46:10 701 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    AddyB_ wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Zippity-zap wrote:
    Well, Void Bastards is my new favourite thing, despite the price and unstable performance.
    Dammit - that good then? I'm trying to convince myself not to buy it and enjoy Lonely Mountains, but it just looks so damn awesome...

I've now noticed a few stutters for Lonely Mountains - they're infrequent, but often seem to be at the most inopportune moment
    Void bastards is excellent mate. Admittedly pricey at £25 but well worth it.
    I crumbled and bought it. Used a few points to make the price easier to swallow
    Yeah i used points and got it from the SA store for £17.
  • Zippity-zap 10 May 2020 07:45:21 537 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Zippity-zap wrote:

It is really good, and has me well addicted. Iím hoping for a patch to address the hitching issues. They are definitely noticeable, sometimes to the extent of affecting game play.

Itís the type of issue that probably justifies waiting for a sale, unless it is addressed.
  • Flying_Pig 10 May 2020 08:38:45 16,589 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Zippity-zap wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Zippity-zap wrote:

It is really good, and has me well addicted. Iím hoping for a patch to address the hitching issues. They are definitely noticeable, sometimes to the extent of affecting game play.

Itís the type of issue that probably justifies waiting for a sale, unless it is addressed.

I unlocked the 2nd bike last night, which is enabling me to take big chunks out of my times.

I know what you mean about the addiction...
  • Zippity-zap 10 May 2020 09:18:20 537 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Zippity-zap wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Zippity-zap wrote:

I unlocked the 2nd bike last night, which is enabling me to take big chunks out of my times.

Sorry, I was referring to Void Bastards. Looking forward to Lonely Mountains, though.
  • Zippity-zap 10 May 2020 09:18:21 537 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Flying_Pig 10 May 2020 09:51:30 16,589 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Zippity-zap wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Zippity-zap wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Zippity-zap wrote:

Sorry, I was referring to Void Bastards. Looking forward to Lonely Mountains, though.
    Ha ha. My bad.

I've just done a few missions on Void Bastards. So far so good :)
  • ukaskew37 10 May 2020 15:25:36 201 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    I'm noticing some strange frame skipping or very fast frame rate drops on Lonely Mountains, incredibly off putting. Checkpoint 4 onwards on the very first level is a typical time for it. I've tried v sync on and off and it doesn't seem to make much difference.

Also the loading times are horrible, it doesn't feel like a game well optimised for the Switch, sadly.
  • Dazimus 10 May 2020 22:48:05 1,263 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @ukaskew37 I mentioned to the devs about the frame drops and said it was reproducible. I specifically said just before checkpoint 4 and then during it, where I think it also has a lot more trees and I guess processing it causes a bit in frame rate.
  • Murbs 12 May 2020 14:16:21 24,802 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Well, that was unexpected.

The save from a UK physical game *is* compatible with a digital copy from the US eshop. I know the Switch is region free but still did not think that saves would work like that.

Not sure if that was common knowledge - if not, could prove to be useful to some.
  • PazJohnMitch 12 May 2020 14:18:42 15,794 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I suspect you were very lucky.
  • Ceelion 12 May 2020 16:02:28 551 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So after a lot of waiting, I managed to snag an Animal Crossing edition console from Game with Smash Bros. And then a console only from Argos the next day.

So if anyone wants one with Smash Bros for £400 (legit price I paid and have receipt. I ain't gouging.), let me know.

Edited by Ceelion at 16:03:24 12-05-2020
  • Dazimus 12 May 2020 16:13:02 1,263 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Ceelion How did it work out at £400? I know Game are ripoff merchants but assuming the console is £320, theyíve charged £80 for a game? £340 for the console and £60 for the game? I wonder how theyíve worked out this price.
  • Kay 12 May 2020 16:13:29 20,565 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Murbs wrote:
    Well, that was unexpected.

The save from a UK physical game *is* compatible with a digital copy from the US eshop. I know the Switch is region free but still did not think that saves would work like that.

Not sure if that was common knowledge - if not, could prove to be useful to some.
    Yeah, I tested this out a while back with my brother's US copy of BotW. I thought it would create a separate icon on the Switch (as the US icon is different) with its own save, but it just loaded the existing icon + save.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 12 May 2020 16:16:06 9,365 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dazimus wrote:
    @Ceelion How did it work out at £400? I know Game are ripoff merchants but assuming the console is £320, theyíve charged £80 for a game? £340 for the console and £60 for the game? I wonder how theyíve worked out this price.
    Doesn't Animal Crossing come with it too?
  • Dazimus 12 May 2020 16:19:43 1,263 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @BigOrkWaaagh But thatís why itís £320 for the console, because it includes the game? So theyíre charging a LOT for Smash Bros.

Edited by Dazimus at 16:20:02 12-05-2020
  • Kay 12 May 2020 16:20:23 20,565 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I'm guessing the bundle is £280 for the Switch, and £40 for the copy of Animal Crossing?
  • Ceelion 12 May 2020 16:29:47 551 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Dazimus So the bundle was £404, and I thought the exact same. Think they were just price gouging as a "bundle".

The note inside says console was £349.14, and Smash Bros was £53.86. Which is a rip off for the console, but Amazon has just started taking pre-orders for £350.
  • Ceelion 12 May 2020 16:31:56 551 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Basically, it was at the point where there were no solus consoles (£329.99) left, but bundles (£395 - £404) were available.

I wouldn't be that bothered as I really wanted one, but my Argos console cost £329.99.

If no one wants it, I'm just gonna send it back to Game (or take it back). Thought I'd offer it out for slightly less than I paid for to the forum lovelies JIC.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 12 May 2020 16:56:55 9,365 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Dazimus Oh yeah fair point.
  • ukaskew37 13 May 2020 10:48:47 201 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Late to the party but bought Abzu last night. Sat in the dark on my Switch Lite, noise cancelling headphones on, wow, what a beautiful experience.

I need a HD Endless Ocean remake more than anything.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.