• Dazimus 15 May 2020 12:44:43 1,467 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @ZuluHero 2pm I think.
  • ZuluHero 15 May 2020 12:59:52 9,488 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Awesome - thanks!

Though its a bit weird that people who get physical copies can play the before digital. Seems backwards.
  • Deleted user 15 May 2020 13:06:21
    ZuluHero wrote:
    What time do pre-orders unlock on Switch? Looks like none of the games that are supposed to have been released today haven't unlocked.

I Have a very impatient 12 year old constantly badgering me to play Hatsune Miku while i'm trying to work, but it hasn't unlocked yet.
    Hey come on now. Its ok to admit you want Project Diva in your life!
  • xxblindmonkeyxx 15 May 2020 13:38:22 473 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Post deleted
  • ZuluHero 15 May 2020 13:54:54 9,488 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @AddyB_

Its definitely for me, but I can wait! It's my fault for turning my daughter into a diva.

Diva fan. I mean Diva fan.
  • Ror 15 May 2020 14:33:39 20,322 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Miku's finally unlocked ^_^
  • Zippity-zap 16 May 2020 01:34:06 577 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dazimus wrote:
    @Zippity-zap Iíd say Lonely Mountains needs a patch (others have an issue with the frame rate at times too) but then Iíve seen people say itís fine for them so YMMV.

Heard good things about Jet Lancer, havenít heard a thing about The Persistence.

Iíll throw Huntdown into the mix. I saw loads of praise for it and it looked a bit generic to me but I gave in and bought it. Itís surprisingly pretty good! Not the most in depth gameplay but it works well with what kind of game itís trying to be and the atmosphere is superb. Definitely worth considering.
    Cheers, yeah, Iíve also been eyeing Huntdown. Some lovely boss design in there, and I always like cover elements in 2D action games.

Actually, Iíd love to see a topdown tactical cover shooter some day. Like, a mix of Doorkickers and Rainbow 6: Vegas (with that cover mechanic).
  • macmurphy 16 May 2020 10:58:00 4,376 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/05/rumours_about_pikmin_3_coming_to_nintendo_switch_intensify

The excellent Pikmin 3 en route apparently. Always seemed like a no brainer, it offers a very different experience to a lot of things on the Switch so it would always sell a bit.

I played it to death with the ex on Wii U. It managed to have an excellent campaign, great co-op modes and also a wonderful battle mode. I can't recommend it enough. Might be my favorite Wii U game, certainly one I remember fondest.
  • Saul_Iscariot 16 May 2020 11:22:55 3,947 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pikmin 3 was an excellent game, but it has been a long while since I saw any mention of Pikmin 4. I thought that it was still in development. I know it has been a long while since there was any mention of it, but if Snoop Dogg can do just eat adverts, I figure anything is possible.
  • Kay 16 May 2020 13:09:19 20,835 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I wish Nintendo would hurry up and confirm those Mario remasters too, as I've been tempted to play through some of the games again after digging out my old consoles.

Though I somehow doubt Nintendo will go to the effort to remastering all of them (as the rumours have suggested). So I'm predicting:

N64 games available on Switch online (starting with Mario 64)
    Mario All Stars available for SNES Switch online
    HD remake of Mario Sunshine that fixes some of the game's issues
    HD remaster of Mario Galaxy
    Port of 3D World with some bonuses

Tbh, I'd be more than happy with that.
  • Graxlar_v3 16 May 2020 16:43:29 10,654 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Nearly finished trials of mana... it has been really enjoyable 20+ hours so far. Not very difficult but alot of fun.
  • jonathanlealand 17 May 2020 00:04:39 104 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @macmurphy Hard to see Pikmin 3 being a better fit on Switch though. On Wii U it was one of the few games that made excellent use of the game pad.
  • Daeltaja 17 May 2020 11:12:51 1,901 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    erasr wrote:
    Is there a thread for Lonely Mountain: Downhill? Because, omg, it is brilliant.

What a lovely game. Gameplay is 10/10.

I remember watching a dev video on it a year ago but forgot about it coming out. Itís now out in Switch - the console I barely touch, sorry - and itís the perfect game for downtime relaxation. Playing portable is perfect.
    Forgot this was coming out, just purchased!
  • richardiox 17 May 2020 11:32:46 9,140 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    jonathanlealand wrote:
    @macmurphy Hard to see Pikmin 3 being a better fit on Switch though. On Wii U it was one of the few games that made excellent use of the game pad.
    Switch is touchscreen though? Should work even better (although I never played P3 on WiiU)
  • erniewhatbert 17 May 2020 11:49:44 3,081 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I'd given up on the idea of Pikmin 3 being ported, I've always wanted to play it but not enough to get a Wii U.

Also cautiously excited about XCOM 2 at the end of the month, but I will be reluctant to pay the inevitable £49.99 to double-dip for a buggy, laggy mess. I remember XCOM on PS Vita giving me a headache from how poor it ran.

Edited by erniewhatbert at 11:50:16 17-05-2020
  • Saul_Iscariot 17 May 2020 11:53:17 3,947 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    jonathanlealand wrote:

Switch is touchscreen though? Should work even better (although I never played P3 on WiiU)
    It has been a long time since I played Pikmin 3, but the pad was used independently of the TV screen from what I recall. It could probably be adapted though.

Edited by Saul_Iscariot at 11:55:11 17-05-2020
  • Saul_Iscariot 17 May 2020 11:56:57 3,947 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I do recall a few people here said that they played it with the Wii motes. I tried it, but found it quite fiddily. I am think that there were multiple control methods on offer.
  • Flying_Pig 17 May 2020 12:47:55 16,771 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    erasr wrote:
    Is there a thread for Lonely Mountain: Downhill? Because, omg, it is brilliant.

What a lovely game. Gameplay is 10/10.

I remember watching a dev video on it a year ago but forgot about it coming out. Itís now out in Switch - the console I barely touch, sorry - and itís the perfect game for downtime relaxation. Playing portable is perfect.
    It is a really good game when you're 'in the zone', by I'm struggling to make any meaningful improvements on my times. I know there are lots of short cuts, but they don't seem to make a huge difference.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 17 May 2020 13:59:54 9,874 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Because I am a sucker I am going to buy the upkoming MK11 DLC, but I can't seem to find it in other European stores. Is there a way for me to find it without manually region jumping on the Switch itself? Have tried eshop prices and save coins.
  • ukaskew37 18 May 2020 02:38:37 266 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Go Vacation rings almost every alarm bell going, it looks like a Wii game (it is), it looks like a generic party game (of which there were hundreds on the Wii), yet from day one it intrigued me, sat with all the first party published titles in the game voucher options.

Intrigue (and a cheaper digital price) got the better of me this weekend, and it's really rather good. Yes it's rough around the edges and yes the button mapping is dreadful (camera control not on the right stick, accelerate not on a shoulder button), but many of the games are actually pretty solid once you've unlocked them fully. More than that though, there is a whole other game involving exploring the island which is great fun and very addictive.

I shouldn't support lazy overpriced ports, of which this is certainly one, but oddly considering the shockingly generic looking nature of this it's actually fairly unique on the Switch.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 18 May 2020 09:03:40 4,116 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Saul_Iscariot wrote:
    I do recall a few people here said that they played it with the Wii motes. I tried it, but found it quite fiddily. I am think that there were multiple control methods on offer.
    Our family played with the standard pad controls (no touchscreen, no wiimotes) and it was still my son's first game he really 'fell for'. Plenty of co-op platinum trophies and multiplayer matches too. So if it does hit Switch I wouldn't worry about the lack of control options. You will lose the single console multiplayer with 1 player on TV and one on Gamepad screen option though (a local link play will likely replace it though) Still want Pikmin 4 to get an actual announcement though...
  • tadejpogacar 18 May 2020 11:21:37 337 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    are there any switch controllers that have both (i) motion controls and (ii) a headphone out? and that are decent, preferably...

I have the pdp faceoff deluxe right which is a good controller (and has a headphone out) but it does not have motion
  • tadejpogacar 18 May 2020 11:26:05 337 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    oooh, I guess I could just get a switch pro controller and plug the headphones directly into the switch. (I'm sat at a computer monitor in this setup, and so would be close enough to the switch for this to work.) may go down that route
  • yegon 18 May 2020 11:42:30 6,511 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    tadejpogacar wrote:
    oooh, I guess I could just get a switch pro controller and plug the headphones directly into the switch. (I'm sat at a computer monitor in this setup, and so would be close enough to the switch for this to work.) may go down that route
    Probably of no use to you, but the PlayStation Gold range of wireless headphones work well with the Switch. Pretty handy if you already own them like I do.
  • macmurphy 18 May 2020 13:53:26 4,376 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @jonathanlealand

I honestly can't remember it using the game pad much? It was fine two player anyway so a normal controller must be fine. I just want pikmin back in my life.
  • PazJohnMitch 18 May 2020 14:56:40 16,303 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Watched a YouTube sale video this morning that recommend a 79p puzzle game set on Mars. Figured it was worth a punt at 79p. (Also finally bought Axiom Verge).
  • Kay 18 May 2020 19:05:56 20,835 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I'm actually playing through Pikmin 1 on GC now, having never played any of the series before. It's definitely very fun and addictive. but also surprisingly brutal! Very unlike most Nintendo games of the time (or even now), in that it has many roguelike qualities. Fiddly camera issues aside, it still holds up really well. I've got Pikmin 3 on Wii U and never played that, will be interesting to see how they compare.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 18 May 2020 21:14:02 4,116 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The first Pikmin was the hardest due to the time constraints if I recall. Each sequel has enough new pikmin types to add to the experience too.
  • PazJohnMitch 18 May 2020 21:18:29 16,303 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think the first Pikmin is the only one that is possible to fail and have to completely restart from the beginning.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.