Nintendo Switch Page 1485

• DUFFMAN5 17 Jun 2020 10:56:21 25,868 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Rum. I do play and enjoy games and not just out of habit. I get what you mean about Gears though. I am addicted to the high I get with a "play" on Gears, even it it is a matter of minutes in an otherwise frustrating 2 hour game session. No other game comes close to that. I do indeed play Gears 3 daily still.
    👍

@paz
    Sound advice mate.

@Mola
    Absolutely. I'm not slagging the console, I can see it is an impressive piece of kit.

@Rhae
    It is very clean as you say. Very game centric and carts are brilliant. You are in, in seconds.
  • Bambot 17 Jun 2020 10:57:34 1,619 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Rhaegyr wrote:
    I like how it's whisper quiet and the UI is clean and purely for games. Maybe not selling points but they're good qualities for me.
    Whisper quiet?

I dunno about you but mine is silent.
  • Velocityraptor 17 Jun 2020 11:04:56 28 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @LoneWolf80

Thanks for the info. Pretty annoying but I'll figure it out...
  • Rhaegyr 17 Jun 2020 11:08:06 5,122 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bambot wrote:
    Rhaegyr wrote:
    I like how it's whisper quiet and the UI is clean and purely for games. Maybe not selling points but they're good qualities for me.
    Whisper quiet?

I dunno about you but mine is silent.
    When docked it's silent; when portable the odd game gets the fan going and you can hear the tiniest 'whooshes' without headphones.
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 17 Jun 2020 11:09:07 32,463 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    In general stuff ported from other consoles tends to get the fan going a little more so stuff like Doom 2016, Hellblade, LA Noire or Witcher 3. Certainly not loud by any stretch of the imagination, but you can hear it.
  • Malek86 17 Jun 2020 11:41:53 10,093 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Looks like Duke 3D is coming soon.

And it's on preorder sale for 50% off. Only 5 euro. I've always found Duke 3D uneven at best, but I'm still considering it for that price.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 17 Jun 2020 11:46:50 9,369 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I had a few points so paid £1.50, seemed rude not to at that price. Now just need some bubblegum...
  • Malek86 17 Jun 2020 11:52:08 10,093 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Could probably do with a few old shooters myself, even though I'm just not using the Switch lately (if I have some free time, that means I'm home and I would rather use the PC or at least a console with a decent controller).
  • Kay 17 Jun 2020 13:15:28 20,565 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Rhaegyr wrote:
    Yep, although I wouldn't mind if the UI was just a tiny bit less sterile. Would it kill them to add some more theme colours?
  • PazJohnMitch 17 Jun 2020 17:32:18 15,801 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Picked up Conduct Together in the sale for 89p and it is a genuinely good action puzzle game. Not just a good game for 89p but a good game.

Premise is you start / stop up to 4 trains with the A-Y buttons (each train is assigned a button) and turn 4 signal junctions with the directional buttons (1 assigned to each).

Gameplay is essentially transporting passengers to the correct stations without crashing.

It manages to get my brain in a twist, whilst simultaneously making me want to play it again when I fail. It manages to be simple but difficult which are the key pillars to a good action puzzler.
  • Murbs 17 Jun 2020 21:50:59 24,813 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @PazJohnMitch robbed you were! Itís $0.01 on the US eshop :-)
  • PazJohnMitch 17 Jun 2020 21:55:39 15,801 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It is definitely worth 1 cent.
  • Kay 17 Jun 2020 21:57:12 20,565 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    It's actually free to play on Android. :p
  • PazJohnMitch 17 Jun 2020 21:58:19 15,801 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Donít think it would work as well on mobile.
  • Murbs 17 Jun 2020 22:01:19 24,813 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    On your recommendation I decided to risk it. Earned 1 gold point for it so technically it was free! :-)
  • Saul_Iscariot 17 Jun 2020 22:02:14 3,716 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    One of my nephews picked up a Switch the week before last. He wanted to play online with the family but had no games we could all play together. So we started with some SNES Mario Kart, which went down really well.

He didnít have MK8, so I got him a copy. Picked up a copy for my daughter and her fellow. Got a session going on Saturday afternoon. Me, the nephew, (His Mam and Dad taking the second player spot), my two other nephews, my daughter and her fella. Absolutely cracking afternoon. Lots of laughs.
  • jimnastics 18 Jun 2020 11:39:56 1,825 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Saul_Iscariot wrote:
    One of my nephews picked up a Switch the week before last. He wanted to play online with the family but had no games we could all play together. So we started with some SNES Mario Kart, which went down really well.

He didnít have MK8, so I got him a copy. Picked up a copy for my daughter and her fellow. Got a session going on Saturday afternoon. Me, the nephew, (His Mam and Dad taking the second player spot), my two other nephews, my daughter and her fella. Absolutely cracking afternoon. Lots of laughs.
    Yeah we've had some fantastic Uncles + Nephews 6 player MK8 tournaments these past few months, chuck on a WhatsApp video group call and it's absoutely outstanding entertainment :) Just gotta remember to mind the language!!
  • ukaskew37 19 Jun 2020 10:14:30 203 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    The new FIFA is yet another legacy game, that's some serious laziness / cash grab to do that twice in a row!
  • PazJohnMitch 19 Jun 2020 10:29:22 15,801 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    EA just really hate Nintendo. They are just doing the absolute minimum to meet the FIFA licence requirements.
  • jimnastics 19 Jun 2020 10:33:18 1,825 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Feels like very litte of note is getting announced for the Switch at the moment, unless I've missed something. All very quiet especually with Sony and MS dominating the news. Could do with Nintendo doing a huge Direct, surely they had something being worked on for E3 that they could use!
  • ukaskew37 19 Jun 2020 11:03:47 203 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    jimnastics wrote:
    Feels like very litte of note is getting announced for the Switch at the moment, unless I've missed something. All very quiet especually with Sony and MS dominating the news. Could do with Nintendo doing a huge Direct, surely they had something being worked on for E3 that they could use!
    Some Pokemon news the other day, no interest to me but I hear people are very excited about the photography game.

Also Paper Mario out soon, I assume we're not too far away from them dropping the winter announcements.

Sony and MS may be dominating the news but the Switch is knocking it out of the park with hardware and software sales, so there is probably no need for them to panic! 6 out of 10 of the UK chart last week, all 10 in the Japanese chart etc, and that's with shortages of the Switch still in full swing.
  • Pipedream 19 Jun 2020 11:12:02 540 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I reckon theyíll continue to do stealth reveals until Microsoft and Sony have done all their presentations. My hope is for a new Mario Golf and Monster Hunter.

On another note, I noticed Apex is coming out.
  • BearFishPie 19 Jun 2020 11:15:31 806 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    BEHOLD THE KICKMEN is now out on Switch for the frankly silly price of £3!

Itís a deadly serious simulationist take on the fine art of mans doing Big Kicks, and in no way a deliberately ridiculous arcadey romp with shades of Speedball 2 and Sensible Soccer. At all.
  • erniewhatbert 19 Jun 2020 12:03:49 3,068 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    BearFishPie wrote:
    BEHOLD THE KICKMEN is now out on Switch for the frankly silly price of £3!

Itís a deadly serious simulationist take on the fine art of mans doing Big Kicks, and in no way a deliberately ridiculous arcadey romp with shades of Speedball 2 and Sensible Soccer. At all.
    Is that you Dan Marshall? :)

I remember DM promoting it for PC a few years ago, I'll check it out for £3!
  • richardiox 19 Jun 2020 12:17:38 8,631 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    jimnastics wrote:
    Yeah, other than Paper Mario next month (which looks great) I want some release dates, information and confirmations for:

Mario Galaxy HD
    Mario 64 HD
    Disco Elysium
    Metroid Prime Trilogy
    BOTW 2

I'm also holding out hope we get the rumoured Mass Effect Trilogy remaster on Switch.
  • BearFishPie 19 Jun 2020 12:44:42 806 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @erniewhatbert haha, Iím afraid Iím entirely unconnected to him! Iím just stoked to see anything leaning towards the classic Amiga way of Ďdoingí sports.
  • Kay 19 Jun 2020 13:19:37 20,565 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I remember a few journalists saying a couple of months back that, due to the pandemic and E3 being cancelled, Nintendo would now be spreading announcements out throughout summer instead of doing any big Directs. So the likes of the Mario remasters may not be officially announced for a while unfortunately.
  • AddyB- 19 Jun 2020 16:31:01 710 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Yeah couldnt wait for a galaxy remaster so started playing it again via dolphin.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.