Nintendo Switch Page 1546

• THFourteen 23 Feb 2021 07:32:34 53,952 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Golf Story is 5 quid on the south africa store today.
  • addybV3 23 Feb 2021 07:36:14 104 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    @Zippity-zap

Yep. Damn good.
  • PazJohnMitch 23 Feb 2021 07:52:10 16,751 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @damagedinc

RCT3 is a decent port but it does have some performance issues. Never enough to ruin the experience though.

The issues I had were mainly on the water park expansion levels.

The controls can also be really fiddly and it likes to select different things than you are pointing the cursor at.
  • Zerobob 23 Feb 2021 08:02:31 2,856 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Has anyone ever had a language issue (or other issue) with any game when buying from a foreign eshop?

I haven't, but the eshop prices site warns of regional differences if buying Street Fighter 2 Anniversary. Currently £19 on the Russian eshop.
  • THFourteen 23 Feb 2021 08:04:20 53,952 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Zerobob wrote:
    Has anyone ever had a language issue (or other issue) with any game when buying from a foreign eshop?

I haven't, but the eshop prices site warns of regional differences if buying Street Fighter 2 Anniversary. Currently £19 on the Russian eshop.
    Think you'll be fine :

FAQ
    Can I buy from every other Nintendo EShop website?
    You can only buy games from your countries of EMEA region: Americas, Europe and South Africa, Asia.
    Is this method legal?
    Totally! Nintendo knows there is the possibility of buying game from other countries.
    Will the game be in my language?
    Yes. Also, you can switch back to your country for downloading the game on your console.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 23 Feb 2021 08:39:13 10,233 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Zerobob wrote:

I think this is more if you download outside of your continent - so if you're buying from Brazil or Argentina or where they often have great prices. I've never had a problem and I region hop all the time but I stick to Europe & South Africa.
  • bone-on 23 Feb 2021 08:51:35 694 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Capcom arcade stadium pack 3 is worth £11 just for caves Progear.

The fact it has also has Gigawing, 19XX and 1944 the loop master makes it a shmup dream.
  • tadejpogacar 23 Feb 2021 08:58:08 498 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @bone-on That pack also has Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting and Super Street Fighter II Turbo.
  • bone-on 23 Feb 2021 09:32:03 694 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    tadejpogacar wrote:
    @bone-on That pack also has Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting and Super Street Fighter II Turbo.
    Yeah but I was mainly focusing on the 2D shooters. Progear is worth £10 on its own. It's hard to get excited about more streetfighter 2 but if 2D fighters are your thing it also contains cyberbots
  • Zerobob 23 Feb 2021 10:20:27 2,856 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    tadejpogacar wrote:
    It does. Pack 2 has Street Fighter II: World Warrior and Final Fight though.

I was trying to decide between the 2 packs, then I realised I could just get practically all the Street Fighter games on the Anniversary Collection.
  • Zerobob 23 Feb 2021 10:24:30 2,856 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Zerobob wrote:

Think you'll be fine :

FAQ
    You can only buy games from your countries of EMEA region: Americas, Europe and South Africa, Asia.
    Is this method legal?
    Totally! Nintendo knows there is the possibility of buying game from other countries.
    Yes. Also, you can switch back to your country for downloading the game on your console.
    I've bought from foreign eshops quite a few times now, but I've always changed my region in my account, and then purchased the game via the eshop on the console itself.

The FAQs would suggest you can do the region change/purchase entirely in a browser, then switch your region back to UK, then fire up the Switch and download the game.
  • THFourteen 23 Feb 2021 10:30:15 53,952 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Zerobob

Not sure on that, i've always done the same, browser - change region - switch - eshop, buy - browser - change region back to UK.

Altho i dont wait for the game to finish downloading before switching back, and that has been fine.

Edited by THFourteen at 10:30:35 23-02-2021
  • BigOrkWaaagh 23 Feb 2021 10:57:06 10,233 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Zerobob wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    Zerobob wrote:

Think you'll be fine :

FAQ
    Is this method legal?
    I've bought from foreign eshops quite a few times now, but I've always changed my region in my account, and then purchased the game via the eshop on the console itself.

The FAQs would suggest you can do the region change/purchase entirely in a browser, then switch your region back to UK, then fire up the Switch and download the game.
    You can do exactly this, I do it all in the browser all the time. In fact you don't even have to fire up the Switch, it will start downloading magically the moment you click Buy in whatever language you happen to be in.

Although, when you do switch back to UK in your browser the download will pause and you'll have to log in on the Switch for it to resume.
  • damagedinc 23 Feb 2021 11:28:36 3,017 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Started obra dinn today as after 30 hours of hades I need to take a break haha.

What a truly wonderful game so far
  • mumtoucher 23 Feb 2021 13:01:50 779 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Zippity-zap thanks for the Synthetik Ultimate recommendation, what a brilliant little game that is.
  • tadejpogacar 23 Feb 2021 14:49:25 498 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Does anyone have one of the 8bitdo Switch Arcade Sticks? They look pretty good - looks quite easy to mod the buttons/gate and the sticks work on PC too. Tempted.
  • SnackPlissken 23 Feb 2021 15:19:10 2,758 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Got my joy-con back from Nintendo. Seemed to have fixed the drifting also fixed the issue with them sliding off when connected. See how long it holds I guess..
  • Zippity-zap 23 Feb 2021 22:11:24 610 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @mumtoucher Hey, no worries. Use your weaponry to destroy every single machine that you encounter. Except in real life. Maybe don’t do that.
  • askew 23 Feb 2021 22:31:06 22,837 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    ghearoid wrote:
    askew wrote:
    When is Tony Hawks coming out? 🥺
    Tony Hawk is gay????!!

;)
    Always seems really happy to me?
    Sometime in 2021 apparently. Xbox X and PS5 in March…
  • addybV3 24 Feb 2021 08:14:00 104 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    mumtoucher wrote:
    @Zippity-zap thanks for the Synthetik Ultimate recommendation, what a brilliant little game that is.
    How is the performance on switch? I went pc as i heard the switch version had issues. If thats all bollocks, i can seriously see myself double dipping.
  • MoGamer2006 24 Feb 2021 08:24:09 1,084 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @damagedinc It is! When I finished it I felt like goddam intellectual Tyrannosaurus.
  • SnackPlissken 24 Feb 2021 08:51:44 2,758 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just bought Pikmin 3 on sale and now eyeing up Three Houses. I got to stop..
  • THFourteen 24 Feb 2021 12:54:06 53,952 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Is the AC update out tomorrow? Haven't played for months but might check out the Mario stuff.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 24 Feb 2021 13:41:58 10,233 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I didn't even know Astral Chain was getting Mario DLC!
  • DangerousDave_87 24 Feb 2021 13:44:51 6,866 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @THFourteen The update is live tomorrow, but you wont see the Mario items until the 1st of March.
  • DangerousDave_87 24 Feb 2021 13:47:06 6,866 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @BigOrkWaaagh He's talking about Assassin's Creed, silly. Mario is now in the 2rd game for some reason. He fumbles around on all fours in the snowy woods like a deer, waiting to be hunted.

Edited by DangerousDave_87 at 13:47:37 24-02-2021
  • monkman76 24 Feb 2021 13:47:31 18,034 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    BigOrkWaaagh wrote:
    I didn't even know Astral Chain was getting Mario DLC!
    Duh, it's clearly AC: Odyssey.
  • tadejpogacar 24 Feb 2021 13:49:52 498 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I thought they were maybe retrospectively adding Mario SFX to all of Animal Collective's albums.
  • beastmaster 24 Feb 2021 14:01:03 21,931 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Ghost and Goblins Resurrection.

Hmm...
  • SnackPlissken 24 Feb 2021 14:27:17 2,758 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Ghost and Goblins Resurrection.

Hmm...
    You've got enough games to play young man.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.