Nintendo Switch Page 1561

• Worlds_ 5 Jun 2021 20:01:03 76 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    Sold my Switch last year for £250. Just wasnít playing it enough. Since then Iíve got back into my old Vita, after really not liking handhelds.

Looking at a Switch Lite now. Life is boring at the mo and I need new gaming shit. Probably best to wait for the Pro announcement first though, right?
  • THFourteen 5 Jun 2021 20:06:07 54,683 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    If you just want something to play handheld the lite is probably about half the price of a pro.

Make sure youíre ok with the smaller screen, most games are fine but on MHR for example I find my lite a bit too small with all the text.
  • damagedinc 7 Jun 2021 23:03:10 3,063 posts
    Seen 1 second ago ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So my intermittent stick input driving me mad. Especially with games like hades.

Going to send it off for repair. Those that have done so before, how long does it take for a turn around?
  • addybV3 7 Jun 2021 23:21:59 331 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    @damagedinc
    Mine was a few weeks.
  • HairyArse 8 Jun 2021 15:03:54 1,472 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    damagedinc wrote:
    So my intermittent stick input driving me mad. Especially with games like hades.

Going to send it off for repair. Those that have done so before, how long does it take for a turn around?
    Spray some WD40 electrical contact spray in it (not regular WD40) and rotate the stick for 30 seconds. This works for me.
  • ChuChuRkt 10 Jun 2021 14:24:19 74 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Anybody else having trouble downloading from the eShop? Trying to pre-download Game Builder Garage. And it looks like it starts but with no software icon. And if you manually stop it it returns an 2123-1502 error.

Currently on version 12.0.3 but I thought that was now fixed?
  • ChuChuRkt 10 Jun 2021 15:16:57 74 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Never mind. Now seems to be working.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 10 Jun 2021 15:52:53 10,478 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I can't help but notice that we're dangerously close to E3 and have heard no more about the Switch Pro that is definitely, really, honestly coming this time, and will be announced before E3, for realises.
  • MoGamer2006 10 Jun 2021 16:20:32 1,088 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @BigOrkWaaagh But... But... Some saw a Tweet from a rando saying it was definitely going to happen!
  • MoGamer2006 10 Jun 2021 16:20:33 1,088 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Post deleted
  • damagedinc 10 Jun 2021 19:55:57 3,063 posts
    Seen 1 second ago ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    damagedinc wrote:

Spray some WD40 electrical contact spray in it (not regular WD40) and rotate the stick for 30 seconds. This works for me.
    You sir/madam are a legend!!!!

Fixed! Must have had something stuck in it!

Edited by damagedinc at 19:56:10 10-06-2021
  • DangerousDave_87 10 Jun 2021 21:58:02 7,006 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    BigOrkWaaagh wrote:
    I can't help but notice that we're dangerously close to E3 and have heard no more about the Switch Pro that is definitely, really, honestly coming this time, and will be announced before E3, for realises.
    It could be up to 3 days before E3, but perhaps they will show it of at E3.
  • Red_Bool 11 Jun 2021 07:09:46 2,270 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Or not...
  • PazJohnMitch 11 Jun 2021 08:26:44 17,034 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Nintendo are not going to admit it exists until about 2 weeks before it releases. They might even try and do a Saturn and announce it on the day of release.

Some Chinese people in a factory will post photos of it before Nintendo announce it. And that has not happened yet.

Also possible that it does not exist.
  • davidfowles 11 Jun 2021 08:27:56 474 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    BigOrkWaaagh wrote:
    Yeah, Iím a little put out by the wait.
  • THFourteen 11 Jun 2021 08:40:13 54,683 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    In the mean time, Stories 2 looks great!

Only question is PC or Switch... hmmmm
  • DangerousDave_87 11 Jun 2021 09:17:12 7,006 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, I suppose it might not happen. Or it'll be a silent upgrade that is, externally, indistinguishable from the original model, and although has a new chip, isn't used in any meaningful way. That would an incredible way to troll fans.
  • SomethingOriginal 11 Jun 2021 09:21:19 28 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @PazJohnMitch I think this is right. I just canít see Nintendo signalling any reason not to buy the current models and hurt sales until they have it on the stocks, ready to go, and probably at levels where they can sustain numbers to match demand.
  • PazJohnMitch 11 Jun 2021 09:57:59 17,034 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    Yeah, I suppose it might not happen. Or it'll be a silent upgrade that is, externally, indistinguishable from the original model, and although has a new chip, isn't used in any meaningful way. That would an incredible way to troll fans.
    They have already done that with the better battery life version that replaced the launch model.
  • askew 11 Jun 2021 10:06:58 23,542 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    SomethingOriginal wrote:
    @PazJohnMitch I think this is right. I just canít see Nintendo signalling any reason not to buy the current models and hurt sales until they have it on the stocks, ready to go, and probably at levels where they can sustain numbers to match demand.
    Yeah, in May (https://www.ft.com/content/a7d74cf9-0cc3-4f7a-957e-2ede59286e27):

Japanís Nintendo has said that production of its popular Switch gaming console could be hit by global chip shortages, following a similar warning from rival Sony last week.

At its full-year results on Thursday, Nintendo forecast a 12 per cent drop in sales of its flagship Switch in the financial year ending in March 2022, citing potential issues with procuring important components.
  • Rewsan 11 Jun 2021 10:11:52 299 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @SomethingOriginal The problem with that is it will likely piss off people who have just purchased the regular model.

I have now doubt we would've seen the new Switch by now if it wasn't for the pandemic and massive sales Nintendo have seen in the last year. I'm also sure that it would've been pushed back further if it wasn't for the chip no longer being produced. I'm intersested to see how they handle it.
  • Kay 11 Jun 2021 10:12:13 21,174 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    Nintendo are not going to admit it exists until about 2 weeks before it releases. They might even try and do a Saturn and announce it on the day of release.

Some Chinese people in a factory will post photos of it before Nintendo announce it. And that has not happened yet.

Also possible that it does not exist.
    Yep, this - In hindsight, it wouldn't have made sense for them to announce it now, show games running it on at E3 and then release a few months later, as that's a surefire way to hurt current Switch sales. Better to quietly drop a video a month or two before release with pre-orders opening straight away.

I'd say that it does exist, though, as there's too much smoke from reputable sources. Plus the Switch is ancient tech now and could do with a bit of a boost.
  • SomethingOriginal 11 Jun 2021 10:42:04 28 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Rewsan Completely agree, I just think Nintendo are caught between a rock and a hard place. Had MS and Sony been aware of the pandemics effects and the component shortage they now face, Iím not sure they would have launched now, I think they were too far along the pipeline to stop, hence they are now in the position that are. Nintendo is a less diverse and thus less resilient business than the other players, and their bottom line is almost entirely dependent upon software and hardware sales (even if they do have cash reserves).

So my (admittedly armchair analysis based) thought is that they will make sure that they can fulfil their predicted demand and announce in a fairly short window before pre-orders are possible so as to keep as much momentum on current sales as possible. I donít know when that would be, but if they are struggling now already for current models (which likely share some of the scarce components too) it might not be for a while.

I want to be wrong as Iím definitely going to (try) and buy it day one!
  • beastmaster 11 Jun 2021 11:00:51 22,171 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Nobody know what Nintendo are going to do. Might be worth logging onto their website and be ready for a scramble to "Buy Now".
  • SnackPlissken 11 Jun 2021 11:06:16 3,356 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I see it as Pokemon Snap sold more than Returnal. Sure there's factors of shortages of PS5 and Pokemon always sells.. but Pokemon is a Nintendo staple. Do they need to go out of their way to refresh their hardware quicker to keep up with PS5 and Series X? Probably not. They bring out these franchises and they sell.

Edited by SnackPlissken at 11:06:38 11-06-2021
  • PazJohnMitch 11 Jun 2021 12:47:40 17,034 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I am partially to blame for that, having bought Pokťmon Snap but not Returnal. It is ace though.

There was no way a new IP would be able to compete with something like Pokťmon though. (I do not want to know all the great games that the shitty Pokťmon mystery dungeon games outsold).
  • davidfowles 11 Jun 2021 14:53:04 474 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Pokťmon is $69 here and Returnal $109. Could also have something to do with it.

I put a preorder down recently on a digital PS5, but Iíve since realised that with the crazy prices they are asking (AU$130 apparently) for digital games at launch, Iím probably going to transfer the deposit to a Switch Pro... if one appears...
  • Zippity-zap 12 Jun 2021 00:01:06 646 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Goddamn, that Loot River game looks special. Hoping for a switch release.
  • DangerousDave_87 12 Jun 2021 19:35:45 7,006 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Can't wait for Rabbids 2. The first took me by suprise. I didn't think I'd enjoy it so much.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.