Blade Runner 2049 Page 30

• nickthegun 9 Feb 2018 08:54:25 77,813 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Credit where it's due, he looks like he's carved out of granite when he's strutting about in his space-pants.
  • Mola_Ram 9 Feb 2018 08:55:10 20,094 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    Except for when sting is on screen. The cunt.
    Now, don't be too hard on the guy. He did just get murdered, I've heard. The police have no lead right now.
  • Dgzter 9 Feb 2018 08:58:10 2,779 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hmmm, I may re-read Dune, actually. It's been a very long time since I last picked the book up; I seem to remember teenage-me finding the neo-theological bent borderline impenetrable.

@Decks Yeah, I've been tempted (looks amazing!), but I'm going to see if I can find a copy in the local Waterstones to have a look at before dropping thirty sheets on it.
  • ChiefGB 9 Feb 2018 09:09:04 10,686 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I certsinly think this film will be more successful now it available to buy/rent. I didn't see it at the cinema for example although I had wanted to. The word of mouth will only have helped in the time since release for those interested.
  • ChiefGB 11 Feb 2018 01:17:36 10,686 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Watched it, thought it was alright, which seeing as it's so long is probably a sign it wasn't all that bad. Liked joi, thought she brought a lot of soul to it considering she was the least advanced being in it. Had trouble hearing a fair bit of the dialogue in the first two thirds, probably didn't help having so many European woman in the film. Which isn't a problem but the sound mixing just didn't help with the accents. Gos and ford were fine, even Leto I didn't think over hammed it.

Thought digi Sean young had a strange shape to her face from certain angles but was a nice call back. Didn't find it as deep as I found the first the other night. It looked lovely at times but I dont feel it's a film that's unmissable, just didn't feel like it had a lot to say. So is deckard human or not? I'm sure Wallace said something about him being designed to meet his fate with rachael.
  • AcidSnake 11 Feb 2018 01:48:30 8,137 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @ChiefGB:
    Finally seen it tonight in glorious 4K and Wallace actually immediately afterwards says something like "If you were designed"...

And I like that they left that hanging...

Also agree digi-Sean had moments of uncanny valley to her, nowhere near Rogue One levels though...
  • Deleted user 11 February 2018 07:29:42
    @Dgzter don't read any books after the first one. The rest become increasingly shit.
  • thelzdking 11 Feb 2018 17:25:03 9,354 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    GuybrushThreepwood wrote:
    @Dgzter don't read any books after the first one. The rest become increasingly shit.
    Seconded, well at least for the second novel. Back when I was at uni I saw it on my housemate's floor and asked if I could borrow it because I'd only read the first one. After about 150 pages of jumbled dross I realised it wasn't ever going to be worth my while and when I tried to give it back to him he refused, telling me it was now mine and no longer his responsibility :D
  • anephric 11 Feb 2018 17:57:33 3,222 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dune Messiah is decent (it was published in serial form at the same time as Dune was, and is meant to be read back-to-back) and Children of Dune is alrightish at a push, but the rest...

God Emperor of Dune is just Duncan talking to a worm in a cave for four-hundred pages.

Dune is amazing. I can't conceive of an SF novel that crams more in (ooooooh).
  • Tonka 11 Feb 2018 19:15:22 29,526 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    GuybrushThreepwood wrote:
    I'd go as far as saying don't read part the first two thirds of the first book. They were amazing but the third act made me lose all interest in ever reading anything related to Dune ever again.
  • RaymondLuxuryYacht 11 Feb 2018 20:25:39 326 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Dune prequels (Kevin Anderson and Brian Herbert) are excellent.
  • nickthegun 11 Feb 2018 20:32:43 77,813 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The first trilogy are all good. Dune is obviously the best but the other two are decent.

I like GEoD, too. It might not be the most exciting, but I really like the story. The payoff is pretty great.

Gave up on the rest of them, though. It's all superpowers and clone nonsense.
  • ChiefGB 11 Feb 2018 20:59:32 10,686 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Can we get the mods to rename this thread?
  • richarddavies 11 Feb 2018 21:02:00 6,708 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Can we rename the thread to

"Why do androids have wonky eyes?"
  • ChiefGB 11 Feb 2018 21:03:30 10,686 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Or "do androids dream of granite bodied sting when they sleep?"
  • Tonka 12 Feb 2018 06:45:55 29,526 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    All of Wales inni?
  • Bichii 12 Feb 2018 16:57:09 1,693 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Watching the original now. I'm finding more and more lately harder to get into older films. Often it's the dated visuals are the audio sounds tacky but this for the most part is still incredible.
  • Gaol 15 Feb 2018 00:48:09 3,443 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So watching this on bluray, I am both more impressed with some of the visuals and sound, which are incredible, and at the same time still not impressed with the script, which is very uneven.

Jared Leto's scenes are jarringly bad. He.. speaks .. with a pause .. every few words... but the content is complete nonsense. Watch me spout mumbo jumbo pish about Eden while I cut up this naked woman. Just bollocks. The scene with the replicant army is crap too.

Edited by Gaol at 00:48:31 15-02-2018
  • Tonka 15 Feb 2018 08:31:01 29,526 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Gaol wrote:
    Watch me spout mumbo jumbo pish about Eden while I cut up this naked woman. Just bollocks.
    I was hoping that an extended cut would bring some sense to that scene. It's completely ridiculous as it stands.

Seems like I have to wait a few more years.
  • Deleted user 15 February 2018 09:07:59
    Gaol wrote:
    Jared Leto's scenes are jarringly bad. He.. speaks .. with a pause .. every few words... but the content is complete nonsense. Watch me spout mumbo jumbo pish about Eden while I cut up this naked woman. Just bollocks. The scene with the replicant army is crap too.
    My two biggest problems with the movie. Both terrible and out of place.
  • damagedinc 15 Feb 2018 12:40:47 2,695 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No issues for those scenes for me. Clearly trying to perfect the replicant reproductive organs that tyrell managed. Having failed he kills her.
  • ChiefGB 15 Feb 2018 14:54:47 10,686 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I too thought it was her womb area he slashed. The fact of when it happens in the film following on from establishing that replicant reproduction was possible seemed to make that connection. Without that being fresh in the mind it wouldn't be easy as it wasn't very clear, but seemed to be a show of power via very ripper like frustration.
  • Bichii 15 Feb 2018 15:22:12 1,693 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah I liked the scene. It was also establishing why he wanted to discover the secret of pro creation.
  • thelzdking 15 Feb 2018 16:26:47 9,354 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Still wish Bowie could have done it.
  • JoelStinty 15 Feb 2018 21:20:20 7,846 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just watched this and for the most part i enjoyed it. It definitely requires a second viewing, and probably more, but i want to rematch it, which is a good thing.

I probably agree with Chief in that i didn't find it as deep as the first, but some of the implications of what i saw this time round i can chew on.

Like the first though, i wouldn't be surprised if several layers reveal themselves over repeated viewings.

First impressions are positive, but hard to rate at the moment.

Loved some of the visuals, and the OST was fantastic.

Edited by JoelStinty at 21:28:28 15-02-2018
  • SamNunn92 17 Feb 2018 18:08:47 835 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Any regs fancy a UV code for this? Got one with the blu-ray but I'll never use it.
  • thelzdking 17 Feb 2018 18:14:06 9,354 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'd absolutely love it!
  • SamNunn92 17 Feb 2018 18:19:18 835 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @thelzdking sold! Check your PMs :)

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.