Car Insurance Page 2

• freddymercurystwin 29 May 2015 20:20:19 1,772 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I kid you not folks, add an older family members
    or two (ie your mum not your brother) can get you cheaper insurance, assuming they have a good record, don't think I'm suggesting adding them as the main driver but getting their names on the policy as additional drivers can help. I've been doing it for a couple of years.
  • wrinkly 29 May 2015 20:29:19 3,721 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    For a small fee, I hereby volunteer.
  • elstoof 29 May 2015 20:31:36 24,370 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    "Uncle wrinkly", this is how it starts.
  • elstoof 29 May 2015 20:32:34 24,370 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    freddymercurystwin wrote:
    or two (ie your mum not your brother).
    What you saying my mums old or something?
  • freddymercurystwin 29 May 2015 21:37:24 1,772 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    wrinkly wrote:
    You missed the family member bit.
  • freddymercurystwin 29 May 2015 21:38:13 1,772 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    or two (ie your mum not your brother).
    What you saying my mums old or something?
    She's an old ruin.
  • wrinkly 29 May 2015 21:58:47 3,721 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    wrinkly wrote:
    I 'knew' your mum. ;)
  • Deleted user 29 May 2015 22:35:24
    wrinkly wrote:
    You wouldn't want to see wrinkly's family member.
  • Deleted user 29 May 2015 22:44:01
    Should mention, I'm with Adrian Flux and they tried to bump up my renewal last time around (by 40%).... Had to do the whole comparison site thing and when I phoned to cancel that's when they offered me a premium more or less the same as last year.

Nothing whatsoever had changed on the vehicle or my circumstances. Even the better companies will try it on.
  • freddymercurystwin 29 May 2015 23:50:19 1,772 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    zzkj wrote:
    Should mention, I'm with Adrian Flux and they tried to bump up my renewal last time around (by 40%).... Had to do the whole comparison site thing and when I phoned to cancel that's when they offered me a premium more or less the same as last year.

Nothing whatsoever had changed on the vehicle or my circumstances. Even the better companies will try it on.
    OK it's a bit of a pain but it's not really that hard, if you're circs haven't changed then it takes about two clicks after you've logged into the comparison sites.
  • Deleted user 26 June 2015 12:06:32
    Admirlol.

“Looking at our past claims results, we have found customers involved in a non-fault incident often go on to make a fault claim,” the letter stated. “There are many possible reasons for this, the most likely suggesting a higher than average exposure to everyday driving risks. Examples could include driving in rush hour or on typically dangerous stretches of road or parking on busy roads. The higher your exposure, the more likely you may be to claim.”
    Admirals gnomes follow you around to check which roads you drive on and where you park, before inexplicably ramping up your renewal in the second year.

(If anyone is getting the impression I don't like Admiral, you're correct)
  • Buztafen 26 Jun 2015 12:17:24 17,509 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Admirlol.

“Looking at our past claims results, we have found customers involved in a non-fault incident often go on to make a fault claim,” the letter stated. “There are many possible reasons for this, the most likely suggesting a higher than average exposure to everyday driving risks. Examples could include driving in rush hour or on typically dangerous stretches of road or parking on busy roads. The higher your exposure, the more likely you may be to claim.”
    Admirals gnomes follow you around to check which roads you drive on and where you park, before inexplicably ramping up your renewal in the second year.

Surely its because she looks like Zelda from Terrahawks!
  • Benno 26 Jun 2015 12:27:37 11,721 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Admirlol.

I think that's completely fair. Trying to estimate someone's propensity to make a claim is very difficult, you need to use any proxy you can.

Although saying that, I am with Admiral, and they do the same dance every year putting up my premiums (when nothing has changed). Sick of it.
  • Deleted user 26 June 2015 12:40:04
    Well, it's less 'fair' and more of 'a lie' because they don't check what roads you drive on and they only ask where you park your car overnight.
  • MrMattAdz 25 Oct 2016 11:40:40 3,671 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    crazy-n00dle wrote:
    WARNING: Never use Admiral Car Insurance

Via GocCmpare.com Admiral Car Insurance offered the best deal - Yippee!

Admiral make contact with the customer via email. They send various .PDF files that have to be read and returned. Their rather long winded email contains a *useful info* section, but fails to mention either the Admiral telephone number or email address.

On printing the .PDF form, so I could fill it out and sign it, no where on the form did it mention what to do with it ?

I had to Google the Admiral telephone number. Contact can only be made online via their online form.

On telephoning Admiral Car Insurance the usual maze of messages and key-presses is required.

Once the maze is cleared the customer is greeted with the message:
    ‘you are in a queue - we are experiencing a high number of calls at the moment'
    - I wonder why? ;)

Admiral's choice of *make the customer wait ages music* is from Star Wars, not the main theme. The theme when Luke's out in the desert, nice.

Once you get to finally to speak to someone, their ability to deal with what's being asked (what do I do with the filled .PDF form?) is dire. I was passed around 4 different departments. FFS!

Almost forgot. Prior to telephoning Admire, I tried 3 times to ask the question via the Admiral online form option (as they provide no email address) not once did they bother to reply with an answer. All I received was an automated email letting me know they were dealing with my query.

Eventually I was supplied with an email address with which I could return to scanned .PDF image to, as the Admiral online form does not allow for images to be attached.

-

Today I received an email from Admiral threatening to cancel my car insurance unless I provided the requested forms, which I had already sent and they had failed to acknowledge.

Time to phone Admiral for the 3rd time in 2 weeks, and negotiate the maze and put up with the Star Wars music. The next time I sit through Star Wars and that music plays, all I'll be thinking about is Admiral insurance.

After all the usual questions, name, dob, address, car reg, policy number, what hand do you wipe your ass with, they put me on hold (complete with Star Wars music) while they made efforts to sort the situation out and as they put it ‘end the chase cycle'. The result was, they will call me in an hour, not that I expect they will.
    Aren't you the guy who had to go into the mgs5 thread and ask if the guy who looked like Kojima in the game was Kojima, despite the game telling you in big writing that it was Kojima?
  • DaM 25 Oct 2016 12:02:54 17,394 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I had a similar issue, I cancelled because they played music from when Luke was in the Degobah Swamp.
  • elstoof 25 Oct 2016 14:38:53 24,370 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Cool story bro
  • elstoof 25 Oct 2016 14:39:32 24,370 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I think I'm with Admiral. Never had any issues with them tbh, certainly none of the things this idiot's created for himself
  • neilka 25 Oct 2016 18:35:12 22,780 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Admiral came round my house and played the Mos Eisley cantina music through my letterbox while I was trying to sleep.

Edited by neilka at 18:35:24 25-10-2016
  • CosmicFuzz 25 Oct 2016 20:07:27 32,585 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    When I crashed my car into a van the other day, the driver fell out and he was Darth Vader and be dropped to his knees and screamed Noooooo
  • Deleted user 25 October 2016 20:21:47
    When I phoned up Admiral the hold music was of George Lucas doing racist accents
  • CosmicFuzz 25 Oct 2016 20:27:55 32,585 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    When I phoned up Admiral to report an accident the man used a Jedi mind trick and sexually abused me for three days.
  • Deleted user 25 October 2016 20:32:16
    Not much of a trick then. You slut
  • CosmicFuzz 25 Oct 2016 22:26:40 32,585 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Oh I wasn't complaining. I highly recommend Admiral.
  • EMarkM 25 Oct 2016 22:44:43 4,480 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Admiral...Ackbar...?

Am I doing it right?
  • Sharz 28 Oct 2016 11:52:52 1,910 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I joined Admiral in April so this might not be totally correct. But when I joined I received an email with a link asking for proof of no claims, clicked the link and the website loaded fine just had to enter previous insurer (Hastings) and the policy number.

Once I entered the Hastings details it was quite happy and and received an email saying they had everything they needed.

Maybe Hastings have some sort of connection with Admiral *shurg *

Edited by Sharz at 11:57:21 28-10-2016

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.