Registered 8 years ago
    I have a bloodborne character active
    Mario is active
    Dragon's Dogma is active

erm
  • Graxlar_v3 30 Oct 2017 14:06:55 2,288 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    i will wait til i have finished mario (so by end of the week)
  • GarlVinland 30 Oct 2017 14:07:26 2,906 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Trying to find the picture of the posters I have on the wall. There's the main lordran one, and then the painted world and firelink.

Do you mean this one -

That picture brings a tear to my eye. :cry: So many happy/frustrating memories, and back in the day I'd know every inch of that place.

I haven't gone back to DS since picking up Nioh, I have no idea how it would feel now. Probably slow, but that picture reminds me it was never about the combat, it was Lordran all along (and Sunbro).
  • quadfather 30 Oct 2017 14:09:08 30,819 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's just as good as it was imo. Me and a mate were recently running through it again. Just did O&S. BKH build, as he'd not seen the sheer power of the thing.
  • GarlVinland 30 Oct 2017 14:58:22 2,906 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Good to hear. I've played a lot of RPGs, but none have tempted me into as many rerolls as DS has. Must be up to my 10th character by now! One was a BKH user, with full BK getup. Another was a fat rolling BKGA in Havel gear aka The Tank. Both absolutely wreck.
  • quadfather 30 Oct 2017 15:08:07 30,819 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This guy we've rolled has got the dark wood grain ring as well for super agility rolls :)
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 29 Dec 2017 20:45:53 13,350 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just bought this in the sale even though I hate the stupid fucking thing before even playing it. I didn't play 2, is there anything I need to know with the story or is it standalone?

Edited by Decks at 20:54:35 29-12-2017
  • retro74 29 Dec 2017 21:12:25 2,316 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Decks nah Dark Souls II is like Super Mario 2 in that's it's in the series in name only

IIRC it's set in a totally different era and region. Dark Souls III does reference some bits (Laddersmith dead on the floor at one point)
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Jan 2018 20:31:48 21,962 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    As some of you may know, I just bought the DLC and loaded the game on PC to discover my save (just before final boss) is gone.
    My rage was eased and I've started a new game, I just got to Firelink Shrine as a Pyromancer which was what my original roll was.
    How are things now?
    Is Pryomancer still a better build than a Sorcerer? ( I like firing magic/fire at people)
    Any tips on early levelling up?
  • Nanocrystal 11 Jan 2018 20:33:52 1,674 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sorry, thought this was the DS1 thread!

Edited by Nanocrystal at 20:36:26 11-01-2018
  • Jyzzy-Z 11 Jan 2018 20:56:05 2,843 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear reroll is always good.

You can co op some of the early bosses for extra souls. Apart from that you just have to advance to level. There's an NPC in the settlement who will return to firelink and give you 5 levels for free if you want a boost.

It's not technically free but kind of is.

You may know about it already but here's a link

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Dark+Sigil
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Jan 2018 20:57:29 21,962 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jyzzy-Z wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear reroll is always good.

You can co op some of the early bosses for extra souls. Apart from that you just have to advance to level. There's an NPC in the settlement who will return to firelink and give you 5 levels for free if you want a boost.

It's not technically free but kind of is.

You may know about it already but here's a link

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Dark+Sigil
    Cheers, should I up INT/FTH equally just now or concentrate on getting my health up?
    Or should I go Sorcerer and focus on INT?
  • Jyzzy-Z 11 Jan 2018 20:58:39 2,843 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    retro74 wrote:
    @Decks nah Dark Souls II is like Super Mario 2 in that's it's in the series in name only

IIRC it's set in a totally different era and region. Dark Souls III does reference some bits (Laddersmith dead on the floor at one point)
    No need to spoil that.

DS2 isn't like Mario 2 at all. It's got a different tone and the structure is a bit different but it's pretty much the same.

And it's a different region but all 3 games are in the same world just at different times. 3 does call back to 1 a lot more but it would with the same director.
  • Jyzzy-Z 11 Jan 2018 21:00:33 2,843 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear I think HP is usually good at early levels. Level for whatever spells you're going for. Faith is for clerics so if you going pyro I'm not sure you would need much but I don't normally roll magic so someone else might be better to ask

Edit: just had a look online and you might need some faith to be fair. Have a google for good pyro builds

Edited by Jyzzy-Z at 21:04:42 11-01-2018
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Jan 2018 21:13:40 21,962 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jyzzy-Z wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear I think HP is usually good at early levels. Level for whatever spells you're going for. Faith is for clerics so if you going pyro I'm not sure you would need much but I don't normally roll magic so someone else might be better to ask

Edit: just had a look online and you might need some faith to be fair. Have a google for good pyro builds
    Cheers, I managed a decent build before, just wondered if it could be improved this time around. What do you do, a quality build?
  • Jyzzy-Z 11 Jan 2018 21:16:31 2,843 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I usually fanny around at low levels until I find a weapon moveset I like. Usually end up strength or dex and might put a few points into int for a weapon spell or two

I did a sorcery build in DS3 once, was fun but I don't get on with magic in these games. I'm not good enough.
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Jan 2018 21:18:38 21,962 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jyzzy-Z wrote:
    I usually fanny around at low levels until I find a weapon moveset I like. Usually end up strength or dex and might put a few points into int for a weapon spell or two

I did a sorcery build in DS3 once, was fun but I don't get on with magic in these games. I'm not good enough.
    I think magic is easier than pure melee, I'm too much of a pussy for that!
  • Jyzzy-Z 11 Jan 2018 21:23:21 2,843 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I just hide behind a 100% shield and cry a lot.

Plus rolling is pretty OP in DS3. I really want to play it again now

Edited by Jyzzy-Z at 21:23:31 11-01-2018
  • Armoured_Bear 13 Jan 2018 19:43:21 21,962 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm Level 35 with the following :
    Vigor 16
    Attunement 18
    Endurance 11
    Vitality 8
    Strength 16
    Dexterity 10
    Intelligence 19
    Faith 19
    Luck 7
    I'm using Deep Battle Axe+1, have my Pyromancy Flame at +3 and the Silver Eagle Kite Shield.
    I use Fireball mostly but also have Firesurge and Great Combustion, I just got to Keep Ruins Bonfire.
    I'm doing ok but think my melting could be much better, which weapons should I be using/upgrading/infusing?
    Any other tips?
    Should I get some sorcery spells as well?
    How should I upgrade my character from here on in?
  • Graxlar_v3 13 Jan 2018 20:07:09 2,288 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    @Armoured_Bear I wouldn’t suggest using sorcery spells, they were never great and you may be spreading yourself a little thinly as is. It looks as though you are going all in with pyromancy so I would stick with that.
  • Armoured_Bear 13 Jan 2018 22:18:42 21,962 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear I wouldn’t suggest using sorcery spells, they were never great and you may be spreading yourself a little thinly as is. It looks as though you are going all in with pyromancy so I would stick with that.
    Cheers, I was just wondering about enemies who are fire resistant, maybe dark then ?
  • Fonzie 13 Jan 2018 23:52:37 3,149 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Cheers, I was just wondering about enemies who are fire resistant, maybe dark then ?
    A pyro build is viable. Some of the higher lever pyromancies do a great deal of damage. I don't think you need to worry too much about fire resistant enemies either.
  • wuntyphyve 14 Jan 2018 11:49:57 9,913 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Getting an itch to reroll a ds3 character. Not sure what I want though. Or I may dig out my str run. He’s at iryththythtyhthythll
  • JiveHound 14 Jan 2018 11:56:30 9,339 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've been plodding through the DLC and I'm on the second one more specifically. It feels very Bloodborne in some of the geometry.

Particularly the point with the long staircase and the many fatboys leading down to the swamp.
  • Fonzie 14 Jan 2018 20:00:11 3,149 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    wuntyphyve wrote:
    Getting an itch to reroll a ds3 character. Not sure what I want though. Or I may dig out my str run. He’s at iryththythtyhthythll
    What builds have you not tried yet Wunty? Pyro? Sorcery? A dark build is fun.
  • Deleted user 15 January 2018 11:04:16
    @Armoured_Bear It might be worth keeping a raw weapon at hand - they ignore your stats but have better base damage so even if you completely ignore strength/dex investment you can still have a fairly strong melee weapon if you are somewhere where you're finding spells ineffective. Plus, they can be buffed with spells too if required.
  • wuntyphyve 15 Jan 2018 11:40:51 9,913 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Fonzie I think I rolled a pyro char a while back but I've never really got on with pyro. Maybe I should give it another go. I've not done a proper magic build either. Done a FTH but not an INT.
  • Fonzie 15 Jan 2018 13:00:55 3,149 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    wuntyphyve wrote:
    @Fonzie I think I rolled a pyro char a while back but I've never really got on with pyro. Maybe I should give it another go. I've not done a proper magic build either. Done a FTH but not an INT.
    DEX INT is fun. Get some twin blades and the crystal magic weapon spell. At high DEX and INT you can deal a lot of damage. I used to cast Chameleon and then sneak behind everything and backstab them with my crystal magic weapon infused twinblades, then attack them while they got up from the backstab. Was usually enough to finish off most enemies.
  • Armoured_Bear 16 Jan 2018 22:48:12 21,962 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sigh
    Why are invaders such massive cunts, what's wrong with people, I keep getting destroyed in the Catacombs of Carthus because some scumbag wants to ruin shit.
    What is wrong with these people?
    If two people want to PvP duel then great but if someone is obviously just trying to proceed then why ruin their game.
    Wankers.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.