Dark Souls 3 Page 437

• wuntyate 30 May 2019 17:04:59 13,790 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @KnuttinAtoll To be fair if you're struggling, the boss immediately after him will break you.
  • KnuttinAtoll 30 May 2019 19:40:43 7,650 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @wuntyphyve ha that's good to know.

As I said it's just a case of mojo loss. Managed to platinum DS1 but can't see myself doing that again (although I'd also rather play that than DS3 - go figure).
  • KnuttinAtoll 4 Jun 2019 18:20:57 7,650 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You mean Aldrich right?

And you'd be correct in your assessment.

Persevered with the pontiff (but only thanks to summoning a couple of phantoms - I must've attempted him over a dozen if not a couple dozen times), made decent progress (Profaned Capital incl. boss defeated) but hit another brick wall with this guy.

Even with summoning (same guy for maybe 5 times in a row) I couldn't get past him. Switched off for the day as the game really started to annoy me.

Maybe I'll try again tomorrow, but I'm not enjoying these boss fights at all I have to say.

Edited by KnuttinAtoll at 18:21:13 04-06-2019
  • KnuttinAtoll 5 Jun 2019 10:55:13 7,650 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Got the bastard, albeit with some help (who died just before I managed to strike the final blow. Jeez, was so close to throw in the towel.
  • wuntyate 5 Jun 2019 11:05:13 13,790 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ha ha didn't notice your earlier post. I did mean the big magical slug cunt, yes. Well done!
  • KnuttinAtoll 5 Jun 2019 11:37:08 7,650 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @wuntyphyve cheers. Hope the next ones are a bit less obnoxious (not holding my breath).
  • wuntyate 5 Jun 2019 11:55:19 13,790 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @KnuttinAtoll If you've nailed Yhorm as well you should have the Dancer next...? One of the best fights in the series imo. Setting, music, boss design and movement... Beautiful.

Edited by wuntyphyve at 11:55:27 05-06-2019
  • KnuttinAtoll 5 Jun 2019 12:18:15 7,650 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @wuntyphyve yep. Those one hit kills though, bit cheap... My vigor is 26 so plenty yet once he/she grabs me it's game over.
  • wuntyate 5 Jun 2019 12:37:10 13,790 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @KnuttinAtoll Yeah, the grab is pretty much a ohk at that point in the game.
  • Rhaegyr 5 Jun 2019 12:44:49 4,932 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Adore the bosses in this game - probably the best thing about it.
  • OllyJ 8 Aug 2019 11:10:02 4,652 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    So...has anyone got the Platinum in this? I'm having a NG+1 run as I'm feeling the pull again, but thought I might try use the run to get a lot of trophies done....any advice on what to go for right from the start?
  • Ddanno 8 Aug 2019 11:41:58 1,490 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @OllyJ Depends on how busy the servers are, but try to knock out the PvP trophies early. I was a few ears short of platinum before I lost the save file and farming them from Silver Knights is agonising
  • fiery_jackass 8 Aug 2019 12:50:05 1,144 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @OllyJ
    The pvp advice above is solid. You'll need to do a bit of path - checking for the platinum, make sure you uncover all the gestures etc, they're easily missed. There's nothing here as painful as pure bladestone on DeS.
  • wuntyate 8 Aug 2019 13:15:26 13,790 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ddanno wrote:
    ...and farming them from Silver Knights is agonising
    This. X1000000000

All the other cov items can be farmed relatively stress free. Sunbros you want to co op bosses as youíre going through the game for medals. Deacons is a good one. Any you are short of you can farm. Grass from ghrus and tongues from darkwraiths can both be farmed before abyss boys easily enough. Vertebrae shackles are good fun to get as a mound maker. I found farming them in carthus yielded next to fuck all. Dregs from deacons near Aldrich are easy enough.

Those proofs of concord from silver knights though. Took me about three days of solid farming. Horrible.
  • wuntyate 8 Aug 2019 13:16:21 13,790 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Plus the rings. The rings are a pain. There are a LOT and iirc involves killing nameless king on ng++ which was... fun.
  • Lotos8ter 8 Aug 2019 16:50:18 2,866 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah, the Proofs of Concords and Vertebra Shackles are horrible with an abysmal drop rate. The gestures can be a real ache too. I seem to remember for one of them you need a Npc to invade twice and you basically scupper Sirrus quest in the process as she wonít speak to you.

Do-able but def research before starting out. Like Wunty said, the rings are a pain too and you need to go into NG+2 for some of them.
    Lastly, if you farm Silver Knights for Proofs, be wary of getting over levelled as there are still a fair few players that you can summon for the pain fights - Twin Princes etc

Edited by Lotos8ter at 16:55:10 08-08-2019
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 8 Aug 2019 16:55:46 7,712 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    OllyJ wrote:
    So...has anyone got the Platinum in this? I'm having a NG+1 run as I'm feeling the pull again, but thought I might try use the run to get a lot of trophies done....any advice on what to go for right from the start?
    I'm platinumed on it. Needs three full runs, annoyingly (and on the same character, as you will need NG++ for the rings). As others have said, the PvP item farming is the worst. It actually got me doing PvP for the first time in my Soulsborne experience - and had me feeling very guilty as I worked out the good areas to "farm" hassled, stressed first-time players.

Gestures are the most easily missable stuff, though some of the rings are also nasty. There's one in particular that needs you to lure a non-respawning enemy into destroying a breakable wall that almost ruined my run.
  • wuntyate 8 Aug 2019 17:07:20 13,790 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    As an aside, for farming tongues as a finger (sounds wrong), the first DLC area (Ashes of Ariandel), the section just before the underground church with the flies with all the hundreds of followers... Great place to invade. You can be quite devious due to the collapsing platform / millwood knights area, hidden wolves etc. I perversely very much enjoyed being an invader there. A nice trick is to lead someone up to the collapsing ledge above the millwood knights by dropping a trail of something nice (I had about a million embers - which also offsets the guilt of getting players killed), they run up to get the last one, ledge collapses and the millwood knights kill them, assist if you wish. It's sneaky but I ended up getting a fair amount of tongues in quite a short space of time by invading there.
  • Ddanno 8 Aug 2019 19:04:45 1,490 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I too love sneaky tongue invasions
  • OllyJ 12 Aug 2019 10:46:33 4,652 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Ah man you know what, I think I'm not gonna bother...

reading all this it does sound like a ball ache, I'm enjoying playing through again though, I'm up to Crystal Sage with no deaths yet, so I think I'm doing well.

I don't think I really understand the whole PVP system enough, I just like assisting on bosses.
  • wuntyate 12 Aug 2019 11:27:18 13,790 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @OllyJ It is a pain. It's the most annnoying one in the series (including BB but not including DeS as I never bothered) for me to have done. It wasn't particularly fun apart from the aforementioned tongue invasions.
  • OllyJ 12 Aug 2019 11:51:31 4,652 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @wuntyphyve I think I'll just enjoy NG+ and see if during that play I get motivated enough to read up on the PVP stuff!
  • wuntyate 12 Aug 2019 14:50:09 13,790 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @OllyJ To be fair you don't HAVE to do PvP for ANY trophy. All the covenant items can be farmed offline.
  • Lotos8ter 12 Aug 2019 17:05:22 2,866 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I donít blame you Olly. Taking out Nameless King solo on Ng+2 is easily one of my best moments. But the Proofs & Shackles farming nearly broke me.
    Just enjoy the game and bollocks to Trophies
  • wuntyate 12 Aug 2019 17:11:59 13,790 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Lotos8ter See I cheated with him and used the Dragonslayer greatshield. Even on NG+ it made it quite straightforward. Thank god.
  • OllyJ 13 Aug 2019 08:16:08 4,652 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I did solo Nameless king on my first run, great fight when you finally get it...definitely a foreshadowing of Sekiro.

Also, managed to blaze through NG+ and got past Crystal sage with no deaths, then got mauled by three dogs and died...always the way.
  • Lotos8ter 2 Jan 2020 08:01:41 2,866 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Happy New Year to All Souls..I can't find the Dark Souls thread so this will do. See if you get the feels.

• b-rk 2 Jan 2020 08:51:50 1,129 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    fuck feels. fuck feels right in the feels. anyway, dark souls 3, good game imo.
  • HookJaw 2 Jan 2020 09:19:01 46 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    wuntyate wrote:
    @KnuttinAtoll If you've nailed Yhorm as well you should have the Dancer next...? One of the best fights in the series imo. Setting, music, boss design and movement... Beautiful.
    I beat the Dancer for the first time yesterday. Definitely the hardest boss so far - took me a good 15 or so attempts, which was strange because on my very first attempt I got him/her down to one hit left of health and then for the next half-a-dozen attempts I couldn't get it past half way.

The solution, once you stumble upon it, is incredibly easy...
  • Fonzie 2 Jan 2020 13:00:09 3,373 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    HookJaw wrote:
    wuntyate wrote:
    I beat the Dancer for the first time yesterday. Definitely the hardest boss so far - took me a good 15 or so attempts, which was strange because on my very first attempt I got him/her down to one hit left of health and then for the next half-a-dozen attempts I couldn't get it past half way.

The solution, once you stumble upon it, is incredibly easy...
    Such a great fight. Still one of my favourite bosses in the soulsborne series.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.