Dark Souls 3 Page 440

• Bichii 14 Feb 2020 19:53:49 3,457 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Oh Jesus Christ smouldering lake is a nightmare for a pure pyromancer build. My attacks now feel like I'm sl 1.
  • Bichii 14 Feb 2020 21:06:46 3,457 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I am enjoying it but it's pretty pony Vs sekiro. Just the inputs are so bloody delayed Vs sekiro. When I press a button in sekiro the character does it. In Ds there is a pretty big delay in the character doing what you have inputted. Currently in the snowy city and its a chore and it mostly feels like it's the input. BB and sekiro definitely upped the series when it came to the gameplay.
  • wuntyate 14 Feb 2020 22:42:22 15,270 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Or you're just a bit shit :p
  • Bichii 14 Feb 2020 22:52:08 3,457 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I think irithyll area and dungeon is the shittest ever dark souls section. Every playthrough I get zero enjoyment.
  • wuntyate 14 Feb 2020 23:06:17 15,270 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mmmm irithyll I've softened to recently but the dungeon is complete toss.
  • docrob 14 Feb 2020 23:17:10 1,599 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Weird. I quite liked the dungeon.
  • Steve-Perry 14 Feb 2020 23:25:10 1,771 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Love irithyl, can't stand the dungeon. Those iron having dudes are so cheap. I always just skip through that place. Probably the worst area in the game.

Feels like a nod to DeS but fuck that. It's awful.
  • Bichii 14 Feb 2020 23:27:35 3,457 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Both are just stacked with mobs. Every few metres there is a group of enemies tightly packed in small areas. The camera is generally shit in small areas and it's just a pain to move around the levels and explore when there's thirty enemies between bonfires. The dungeon isn't anywhere near as bad to be fair. Up top though, my god that is shit.
  • docrob 14 Feb 2020 23:38:41 1,599 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    Both are just stacked with mobs. Every few metres there is a group of enemies tightly packed in small areas. The camera is generally shit in small areas and it's just a pain to move around the levels and explore when there's thirty enemies between bonfires. The dungeon isn't anywhere near as bad to be fair. Up top though, my god that is shit.
    Yeah, I really didnít like the city area. Did a lot of sniping to take out mobs from distance.

The mobs I really hated most though were in the Cathedral. Senior priests or something. They had big maces. For some reason I had real bother with them.
  • Steve-Perry 14 Feb 2020 23:45:11 1,771 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Bichii wrote:
    Both are just stacked with mobs.
    I dunno, I've just platimumed 3 and gone back to 2, which is so cheap with mob enemies.

Was planning on getting the plat for 2 but fuck it. It's really not worth the arse ache

Edited by Akumer at 23:45:21 14-02-2020
  • wuntyate 15 Feb 2020 00:16:48 15,270 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Akumer pussy
  • ZuluHero 15 Feb 2020 07:40:54 9,153 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I loved Irithyll. It feels impenetrable at first, but as you slowly explore and open it up you get a real sense of mastery of the city.

That opening vista gives me goosebumps, probably one of the best in the game.
  • chrisno21 15 Feb 2020 09:16:07 2,330 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Irithyll and the dungeon are great, sure the branders are annoying but they are scary at least and really make you rush when you don't want to forcing some tense combat.

Pontiff is a fantastic boss too.

Worst area in the game for me is farron keep. Slow trudge in poison and jumping enemy grab attacks... Still better than the awful ds2 poison shooting doll area and lava bit and awful blighttown immitation and ...
  • docrob 15 Feb 2020 10:08:09 1,599 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    chrisno21 wrote:
    Irithyll and the dungeon are great, sure the branders are annoying but they are scary at least and really make you rush when you don't want to forcing some tense combat.

Pontiff is a fantastic boss too.

Worst area in the game for me is farron keep. Slow trudge in poison and jumping enemy grab attacks... Still better than the awful ds2 poison shooting doll area and lava bit and awful blighttown immitation and ...
    Farron Keep isnít brilliant design-wise, but I still remember it fondly. It was somewhere around that part of the game that I Ďgotí Dark Souls. I bounced off DS1 several times without it getting its hooks in me, but DS3 drew me in properly until I finished it. Which led to me going back to DS1, eventually.
  • Bichii 15 Feb 2020 11:10:37 3,457 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Last night I nearly lost it and was close to snapping my copy of ds3. Yolm? the giant, fucking easy boss. I doubt it's ever taken me more than two attempts. Last night it took at least an hour ffs! I got to a point I was getting so angry I was genuinely close to breaking the game so I wouldn't be tempted to play again :). At first I couldn't remember how to activate the wind attack, so that was the first three or so deaths. Then I kept having it not activate even when charged, turns out I think it was when I was out of stamina from rolling fifty times to avoid instant deaths.

When I eventually did it I worked out I was being a noob for another reason, with the giant sword equipped I was doing fat rolls as I hadn't removed my other weapons!! FFS. Over an hour of pure rage for full noob reasons.

That fucking boss run is so shit as well, go down a loooooong ladder then cross a narrow bridge with a giant gargoyle and a mage throwing fire balls at you. Of course as well during the hour I had the boss down to one hit many times and got greedy.
  • quadfather 15 Feb 2020 11:18:42 36,893 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    See, it's just easier if you just fling yourself into a chasm.
  • ZuluHero 15 Feb 2020 11:22:26 9,153 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    It's the only sensible thing to do.
  • Bichii 15 Feb 2020 14:34:17 3,457 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Pontiff done in maybe five or six goes. Felt awful though, the delay again for your character doing what you want, so a simple roll and health isn't that simple. Plus pontiff can fuck right off with his 400m 4 or 5 hit combos with 20m reach. Cock. I really should just start summoning so I don't get so angry.
  • Bichii 15 Feb 2020 15:42:13 3,457 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Prick face Aldrich first time. Went offline as I was getting invaded every step. Forgot about that area being invader central.
  • quadfather 15 Feb 2020 16:25:24 36,893 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Chasm. Remember the chasm.
  • Bichii 15 Feb 2020 18:04:46 3,457 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Weird how later areas upper lotheric and archive's and dragon peak are so so much easier than the piece of shit irithyll. Also weird how the giant took me an hour+ and I managed Aldrich and dancer first go. Looking forward to this run being over :), get me some BB action.
  • wuntyate 15 Feb 2020 21:57:48 15,270 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Why play it if you obviously hate it? I'm really confused.
  • Bichii 15 Feb 2020 22:05:24 3,457 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I dont hate it. Just the last two gaming sessions have been through the shit part of the game. As soon as I got to the dancer I was, mostly, happy again.
  • retro74 15 Feb 2020 22:10:32 3,328 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Oh Iíve played loads of games that I absolutely hated. Once you start youíve got to finish the thing
  • docrob 15 Feb 2020 22:57:00 1,599 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    Prick face Aldrich first time. Went offline as I was getting invaded every step. Forgot about that area being invader central.
    Well done with Aldrich. I had so many attempts on him. I think when I eventually beat him, I had a summon who died on me and I had to finish him off alone. (Same thing happened much later with the Nameless King).
  • docrob 15 Feb 2020 22:57:00 1,599 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    Well done with Aldrich. I had so many attempts on him. I think when I eventually beat him, I had a summon who died on me and I had to finish him off alone. (Same thing happened much later with the Nameless King).
  • wuntyate 15 Feb 2020 23:00:22 15,270 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    retro74 wrote:
    Oh Iíve played loads of games that I absolutely hated. Once you start youíve got to finish the thing
    Nah. A few years ago maybe. Can't be bothered now. If I'm not enjoying it it gets binned!!!
  • Bichii 15 Feb 2020 23:00:40 3,457 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I remembered roughly his attacks from 3 or 4 years ago and that the one to avoid was the arrows that would one hit kill. Apart from that being a pyromancer was so much easier than my previous runs as a sword and shield type where you had to get close in. Only right at the end did I actually have to get stuck in to finish it off.
  • wuntyate 15 Feb 2020 23:22:08 15,270 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah so long as you avoid the arrows he's not bad. Are you doing the DLC?
  • retro74 15 Feb 2020 23:25:14 3,328 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @wuntyate quitter! Iím still grinding through Resident Evil 6 at the moment

Itís absolutely rubbish but in a lot of ways Iím enjoying it. I can only stomach between 15 and 30 minutes a day though so itís taking ages

As Iíve explained on itís own thread I absolutely detested The Evil Within, probably because I refused to play to itís rules and died often. I still completed it twice though with the second run a ďrevengeĒ play through

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.